Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the general

Maybe posters who post ITK info need to use caveats then it would eliminate half the crap on this thread and others.

is that one of those posh gay scarf things?

I'm lost.

At some point there was good reason to believe that we weren't actually just waiting on a Visa being issued and that there was some sort of other problem? Is that the gist of the bet malarky?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The evidence?

You want me to post personal information about another poster, who doesn't want me to? Erm... No, I'll not be doing that. :lol:

Generic Username

No

"My offer stands that I am in a position to credibly have an opinion on it. Im not talking about pulling a random name out of thin air I will show you hard evidence of how I could be in a position to know."

So;

"I will show you hard evidence"

Actually means;

"I will show you no evidence"

Henry_Winkler_Fonz_290x400.jpg

The Same Last Thursday i said it was happening? That's when the bet was offered. If you were s confident in your information you would have accepted. I was super confident in mine. That's all I'm saying. Anyway bottom line is, it's done now and hopefully he's worth the wait.

Have you heard anything else about further deals being done?

I'm lost.

At some point there was good reason to believe that we weren't actually just waiting on a Visa being issued and that there was some sort of other problem? Is that the gist of the bet malarky?

Exactly, what was going to derail the deal that was all done and agreed except for the visa.

The only thing that was stopping the player coming here and signing was the visa, and that has been the case for the last month!

Maroon Mayhem

"My offer stands that I am in a position to credibly have an opinion on it. Im not talking about pulling a random name out of thin air I will show you hard evidence of how I could be in a position to know."

So;

"I will show you hard evidence"

Actually means;

"I will show you no evidence"

Henry_Winkler_Fonz_290x400.jpg

You've conveniently extracted that from the bet I was offering on the back of the bet offered to me.

Bad Religion

You want me to post personal information about another poster, who doesn't want me to? Erm... No, I'll not be doing that. :lol:

Just stop being a wet lettuce and let us in on your top secret info.

Generic Username

You've conveniently extracted that from the bet I was offering on the back of the bet offered to me.

Mate, no one gives a gold plated shit about these bets you're flinging about.

We just want to know who told you what, especially seeing as you were more than happy to cough it up about a day ago.

Last Thursday there was doubt that the deal was going through to the point it was believed it wasn't. That's what I shared. If you recall, Barry Anderson also contacted the player directly to find out.

At the end of the day it's a lesson learned but I would suggest that if my first post was at 9am today when I found out that the deal had been cleared I wouldn't have been burned at the stake.

Oh dear, there was never any doubt the deal was going through, just a doubt at when the visa would be processed. As for your 2nd line about knowing the deal had been cleared at 9am, words fail me. Mr Levein phoned me at 8.59 this morning to let me know that the visa was now done but I promised not to tell anyone. See I am 1 minute more ITK than you, or my bullshit is slightly more obvious than yours   

WOslb14.gif?1

Was taking a sip of coffee, saw this, it squirted through my nose and covered my screen.

Was taking a sip of coffee, saw this, it squirted through my nose and covered my screen.

well it lightened up the thread a bit..some people getting on to each other when we are all as one

So basically the deal is still on and MM has been confirmed as talking pish... Same as last week then? Sound.

Glad he's finally on the way though! Hope he's worth the wait after all this. I don't think even a Skacel thread got to 37 pages :lol:

Maroon Mayhem

Oh dear, there was never any doubt the deal was going through, just a doubt at when the visa would be processed. As for your 2nd line about knowing the deal had been cleared at 9am, words fail me. Mr Levein phoned me at 8.59 this morning to let me know that the visa was now done but I promised not to tell anyone. See I am 1 minute more ITK than you, or my bullshit is slightly more obvious than yours

Yip you got me.

Flight leave abuja tonight at 11pm so would arrive edinburgh tomorrow 8.30 in the morning via heathrow. Even if he doesn't get here for Thursday canny wait to see him play on Sunday!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just stop being a wet lettuce and let us in on your top secret info.

No danger. How shady would that be? If the guy wants to tell you he will. It's really not my place to say. :unsure:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Just heard the Plane hasn't got the correct visa.

Could be a long wait.

Last Thursday there was doubt that the deal was going through to the point it was believed it wasn't. That's what I shared. 

What was it that was putting the deal in doubt? 

Happy Gilmore

That cat gif is the best post i've seen since i've been on here. Absolutely brilliant. :D

Bad Religion

Maroon Mayhem has a cast iron source btw. No idea if he's right or wrong in his previous post about it not happening, but his source of info is very good indeed. Maybe just a different kind of source to Jayjay, who I've always seen as a pretty ITK poster.

MM is 100% not a fantasist though. :thumbsup:

Going to be embarrassing isn't it.

well it lightened up the thread a bit..some people getting on to each other when we are all as one

truth. it's a great way of defusing the tension. 

scott herbertson

Anyways, we seem to have ourselves a left back who once tackled Messi in the World Cup Finals

That'll do me

Hopefully people will chill out about each other now and get on with the build up to the start of the League

Barry A and that Raphael Gellar chap seemed to make occasional direct contact with Juwon in the last week or so and each time they reported back that the only remaining issue was the visa. Craig Levein would be asked about it occasionally and as recently as Saturday said "we are as frustrated as anyone, shouldn't be long now." There was chat of a backlog in Nigeria. I'm prone to cynicism as much as the next person but to me, everything we've seen and heard points towards a problem with the visa rather than anything else. Even Robbie said as much last weekend, it seems like a pretty simple and straightforward situation for once.

Unless someone, for some reason, thought the visa might not be signed off or had heard that HMFC had started to get a bit fed up with the delay, I really don't understand where this doubt came from.

Anyway, visa sorted out and hopefully he'll be on his way as we speak. I hope he doesn't hate us all (or lots of us, anyway) for being terrible god-less heathens.

is that one of those posh gay scarf things?

You mean one of these? [emoji16]

878e5bd5fde5b17a68c9ce8ddc778ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buffalo Bill

I've not seen a transfer saga this elongated since Jack Bauer got released from a Chinese prison!

scott herbertson

Barry A and that Raphael Gellar chap seemed to make occasional direct contact with Juwon in the last week or so and each time they reported back that the only remaining issue was the visa. Craig Levein would be asked about it occasionally and as recently as Saturday said "we are as frustrated as anyone, shouldn't be long now." There was chat of a backlog in Nigeria. I'm prone to cynicism as much as the next person but to me, everything we've seen and heard points towards a problem with the visa rather than anything else. Even Robbie said as much last weekend, it seems like a pretty simple and straightforward situation for once.

Unless someone, for some reason, thought the visa might not be signed off or had heard that HMFC had started to get a bit fed up with the delay, I really don't understand where this doubt came from.

Anyway, visa sorted out and hopefully he'll be on his way as we speak. I hope he doesn't hate us all (or lots of us, anyway) for being terrible god-less heathens.

Kickback should elect Colinmaroon to be in the welcoming party at the airport

(along with MaroonMayehem of course)

Anyways, we seem to have ourselves a left back who once tackled Messi in the World Cup Finals

That'll do me

Hopefully people will chill out about each other now and get on with the build up to the start of the League

Can't wait for the season to start as it might occupy some minds and stop every thread on here turning into an argument.

Hackney Hearts

Have you heard anything else about further deals being done?

I'd ask Maroon Mayhem if I were you.

No Christian should ever hate anyone, unless of course they support Hibs :)

Last Thursday there was doubt that the deal was going through to the point it was believed it wasn't. That's what I shared. If you recall, Barry Anderson also contacted the player directly to find out.

At the end of the day it's a lesson learned but I would suggest that if my first post was at 9am today when I found out that the deal had been cleared I wouldn't have been burned at the stake.

Here's your mistake mate. You posted that it wasn't going through. You were quite definite about it and you didn't elaborate, therefore people had no opportunity to decide if it was credible or not. That's what annoyed folk and that's why you got 'burnt at the stake'

All you had to do was elaborate. Not reveal the source, just tell us why it wasn't going through.

As it turns out it looks like you were wrong to hang your hat so firmly on it, or your source was wrong or has turned out to be wrong. That would have been fine. It was the way you did it that got up peoples nose. AND You're still doing it.

Here's your mistake mate. You posted that it wasn't going through. You were quite definite about it and you didn't elaborate, therefore people had no opportunity to decide if it was credible or not. That's what annoyed folk and that's why you got 'burnt at the stake'

All you had to do was elaborate. Not reveal the source, just tell us why it wasn't going through.

As it turns out it looks like you were wrong to hang your hat so firmly on it, or your source was wrong or has turned out to be wrong. That would have been fine. It was the way you did it that got up peoples nose. AND You're still doing it.

I'm waiting until I see the scarf above the head and I trust Jayjay's source.

Malcolm Tucker

Guys trying to get the flights correct and all that are wasting their time.

He's currently being flown over by God.

GODISPLANE.

Bang on the cash.

If the boy had said 'might not happen' fair enough. Coming on and saying it definitely wasn't was why folk wanted to know more, which was not forthcoming.

Anyway, once this plane takes off in a week, I'll look forward to going to Juwon's testimonial.

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen.

It means it's fallen through.

4239528-3234982088-giphy.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Going to be embarrassing isn't it.

What is?

I stand by that post. I never asked anyone to send me evidence or to give me details, but since they decided to, I'm not going to be all shady and post it on here when he asked me not to. Feel quite bad for the guy actually, because despite jumping the gun, he is someone who would know a thing or two about stuff like this.

I'm not going to slate the guy for getting something wrong or going off half-cocked. It's got naff all to do with me in the first place.

I did what he asked me to and said he does have a good source of info. Which he proved to me. Other than that, I honestly don't have or want much else to do with the dick measuring stuff that's developing on this thread.

Not a lot else I can add really! :rofl:

Archived