Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Why would MM pm Mohsni as he probably doesn't even know him?

Alternatively these posters are the same person.

He said earlier in the thead he was going to send him a pm about it as he was pissed off JayJay called him on it. I imagine he's seen a lot of BM's posts and believed he could trust him.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason the British Embassy won't say a word is because there isn't one in Nigeria. Perhaps that's the reason for the long delay!!

To explain an important point of detail, British commonwealth countries don't have embassies or ambassadors, they have High Commissions and High Commissioners but it's the UK Consul, on behalf of the Home Office, who issues visas.

There, I feel better now!

Jambof3tornado

The reason the British Embassy won't say a word is because there isn't one in Nigeria. Perhaps that's the reason for the long delay!!

To explain an important point of detail, British commonwealth countries don't have embassies or ambassadors, they have High Commissions and High Commissioners but it's the UK Consul, on behalf of the Home Office, who issues visas.

You may well feel better sir,but does this new information bring the signing of juwon any closer???

I have it on good authority.. the very bestest sort.. that he's going to be rubbish anyway. We're all in for a mammoth disappointment, whether he signs or not. The future is bleak.. at best.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I have it on good authority.. the very bestest sort.. that he's going to be rubbish anyway. We're all in for a mammoth disappointment, whether he signs or not. The future is bleak.. at best.

LOL.

Sure he is going to be excellent but it probably isn't make or break for us if it did fall through and it won't I firmly believe.

Unlike others this for me has been an epic roller coaster of a thread

Jambof3tornado

New scapegoat found!!

Interesting also that UK Visa applications in Nigeria have been contracted out to a private company.

New scapegoat found!!

He's not signing for Hibs is he. Is it not just them that need the scapegoats?

The Internet

New scapegoat found!!

Kenny Anderson is THE official scapegoat of the 15/16 season. This guy has nothing to worry about.

Jambof3tornado

Kenny Anderson is THE official scapegoat of the 15/16 season. This guy has nothing to worry about.

Can Juwon be the new wage thief then?

The Internet

Can Juwon be the new wage thief then?

Possibly, depending on how Juanma and El Hass get on.

J Cheever Loophole

LOL.

Sure he is going to be excellent but it probably isn't make or break for us if it did fall through and it won't I firmly believe.

Unlike others this for me has been an epic roller coaster of a thread

And Juwon's carriage is either sruck at the top of the roller coaster or he hasn't reached the minimum height bar to get on in the first place.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Interesting also that UK Visa applications in Nigeria have been contracted out to a private company.

Known as Celtic applications international. I am joking at least I hope so.

Jambof3tornado

Possibly, depending on how Juanma and El Hass get on.

El hass is the new glass legs.

Undecided on juanma.

Teuchterjambo

El hass is the new glass legs.

Undecided on juanma.

Bit presumptious there  ... you cannot ignore the cliams of McHattie and Sow and any one of our new signings has the opportunity to fall to the occasion !

Yes, a company called Teleperformance Ltd carry out the processing of UK visas in a commercial partnership arrangement with the Home Office and British High Commission in Nigeria.

Are you trying to say something or do you just like repeating other people's posts?

Are you trying to say something or do you just like repeating other people's posts?

Oops, sorry my phone developed a stutter. :stunned:

What I was trying to say (and I have had to revert to using my PC) is that a private company called Teleperformance Ltd carry out the processing of visa applications in Nigeria, in a commercial partnership arrangement with the Home Office and British consulate.

It still doesn't help us find the answer though. :rolleyes5:

Yes, a company called Teleperformance Ltd carry out the processing of UK visas in a commercial partnership arrangement with the Home Office and British High Commission in Nigeria.

Which, on the google map of Lagos is called the British Embassy. God this is trivial. FFS hurry up and give the laddie his visa !!!

Which, on the google map of Lagos is called the British Embassy. God this is trivial. FFS hurry up and give the laddie his visa !!!

Ok, try Googling "British Embassy, Nigeria" and see what it offers you. It will give you British High Comission, Abuja and inform you that consular enquiries should be directed to the Deputy High Commission in Lagos. There is no British Embassy in Nigeria and, for the same reason, there is no Nigerian Embassy (note to Hobos) in London.

Oops, sorry my phone developed a stutter. :stunned:

What I was trying to say (and I have had to revert to using my PC) is that a private company called Teleperformance Ltd carry out the processing of visa applications in Nigeria, in a commercial partnership arrangement with the Home Office and British consulate.

It still doesn't help us find the answer though. :rolleyes5:

Cheers, yes I saw your next post you must have sent it about the same time as me.

Riddley Walker

Is MM Anne Budge?

Since it seems like MM is claiming to be someone super-duper in the know, I wonder how he proved this to Mothy? Bank statements? Snap chat pics? Or is Mothy stringing us along and MM is his alter-ego?

Is Mothy Anne Budge? :wow:

Ok, try Googling "British Embassy, Nigeria" and see what it offers you. It will give you British High Comission, Abuja and inform you that consular enquiries should be directed to the Deputy High Commission in Lagos. There is no British Embassy in Nigeria and, for the same reason, there is no Nigerian Embassy (note to Hobos) in London.

It gives me a google map of Lagos which say 'British Embassy'

It gives me a google map of Lagos which say 'British Embassy'

Very odd, because when I type into Google "British Embassy, Lagos", it gives me the location of the Deputy High Commission. Also if you select the web option, instead of Maps, it will offer you the Gov UK site and the following text:

"British High Commission Abuja

Our Political Section is responsible for political relations between the UK and Nigerian Governments.

They monitor the political situation in Nigeria and seek to strengthen the bilateral relationship.

The Consular Section at the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, and our consular network throughout the country, provide assistance to British nationals visiting or living in Nigeria. All consular assistance enquiries should be directed to Lagos, please check below for contact details and opening hours."

But what does Google or the FCO know about the British Commonwealth or about making the distinction between an embassy and a high commission or, in this case, a deputy high commission. The fact is that all of the foreign embassies in Nigeria are now situated in the federal capital, Abuja but, as we are not Johnny Foreigner, we have our high commission and not our embassy there.

Try searching your Google Map for the Nigerian Embassy in London. I can assure you that you won't find one but what you will find is the Nigerian High Commission, in Northumberland Avenue, just off Trafalgar Square.

Riddley Walker

Very odd, because when I type into Google "British Embassy, Lagos", it gives me the location of the Deputy High Commission. Also if you select the web option, instead of Maps, it will offer you the Gov UK site and the following text:

"British High Commission Abuja

Our Political Section is responsible for political relations between the UK and Nigerian Governments.

They monitor the political situation in Nigeria and seek to strengthen the bilateral relationship.

The Consular Section at the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, and our consular network throughout the country, provide assistance to British nationals visiting or living in Nigeria. All consular assistance enquiries should be directed to Lagos, please check below for contact details and opening hours."

But what does Google or the FCO know about the British Commonwealth or about making the distinction between an embassy and a high commission or, in this case, a deputy high commission. The fact is that all of the foreign embassies in Nigeria are now situated in the federal capital, Abuja but, as we are not Johnny Foreigner, we have our high commission and not our embassy there.

Try searching your Google Map for the Nigerian Embassy in London. I can assure you that you won't find one but what you will find is the Nigerian High Commission, in Northumberland Avenue, just off Trafalgar Square.

I sure hope you two keep debating this all day.

wheatfield to sheffield

We all agree -  it is very educational - I'm sure until they read this thread, many people didn't know that the capital of Nigeria is not Lagos, but Abuja

There's no debate, because I am right!  :2thumbsup:

There's no debate, because I am right!  :2thumbsup:

You are right. I was bored. Pedantry didn't do much to relieve it

You are right. I was bored. Pedantry didn't do much to relieve it

Hey, don't knock it, I studied Pedantry at uni and have made a very successful career from applying my learning .  :scholar:

Italian Lambretta

Would be mildly amusing if we wait ages on this guy making an appearance and he turns out to be worse than McHattie

Ron Burgundy

Would be mildly amusing if we wait ages on this guy making an appearance and he turns out to be worse than McHattie

FFS don't, just don't.

Impossible

upgotheheads

It is Nigeria after all. Somebody will probably be looking for a bung to get the job done.

luckyBatistuta

I can't believe i actually laughed at that.  :jjno:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Young Kev trolling us today.......angst ratchets up another dozen notches

All roads lead to Gorgie

If he ain't coming I seriously hope we have a plan B!!!!!

Eck please come back !

Archived