Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

Unknown user

164 followers? Is that definately him?

I thought that too until I saw him chatting with Nigerian actress Christabel Egbenya, she seems to believe it's him.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why? He's signing, no point filling his Twitter feed with nonsense.

Looks like someone has already done an effective job of that.

Been on holiday and not been online much, expected to get back and see the deal done.could someone summarise the progress of the deal please? Save me trawling back pages. Ta

Verbally agreed a deal. Visa granted. Just waiting on him showing up in Edinburgh to put pen to paper.

Been on holiday and not been online much, expected to get back and see the deal done.could someone summarise the progress of the deal please? Save me trawling back pages. Ta

Levein has tweeted that he still hope the deal will go through. (Deal still on)

He has the same agent as Prince and Gomis. (Assumption that the agent, while having to do whats best for his client, is not trying shaft/piss off Hearts.)

Seem that there was some paper work delays. VISA's and work permits etc. (This can take a while.)

Just need to wait it out. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Levein has tweeted that he still hope the deal will go through. (Deal still on)

He has the same agent as Prince and Gomis. (Assumption that the agent, while having to do whats best for his client, is not trying shaft/piss off Hearts.)

Seem that there was some paper work delays. VISA's and work permits etc. (This can take a while.)

Just need to wait it out. 

Got a friend here in Richmond who's making the move to Edinburgh and had immigration papers that were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and still haven't.  It may mess up his plane reservations.  He says the blame is on the Cameron government's new tighter immigration controls.

I have no information which says the same is happening to Oshaniwa but since it gives me another reason to dislike the Cameron government I'm going with it. ;)

Got a friend here in Richmond who's making the move to Edinburgh and had immigration papers that were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and still haven't. It may mess up his plane reservations. He says the blame is on the Cameron government's new tighter immigration controls.

I have no information which says the same is happening to Oshaniwa but since it gives me another reason to dislike the Cameron government I'm going with it. ;)

These things always have potential to take quite a while. Your friend was taking a risk booking his flights.

Got a friend here in Richmond who's making the move to Edinburgh and had immigration papers that were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and still haven't.  It may mess up his plane reservations.  He says the blame is on the Cameron government's new tighter immigration controls.

El facto mate.  The visa section in Nigeria aren't the brightest bunch of sparks (and the Brits there are generally hungover!!).  Understaffing etc means delays and missed deadlines all over the place.

And then depending on time of year it can be hard to get flights out last minute unless you do ridic journeys (and I know this as we needed home urgently on a couple of occasions, once being the 2012 cup final!).

Watt-Zeefuik

These things always have potential to take quite a while. Your friend was taking a risk booking his flights.

It's always a risk and he'll be fine but they started the paperwork more than three months in advance.

It's always a risk and he'll be fine but they started the paperwork more than three months in advance.

My wife has a spousal visa which is pretty straightforward. Initial advice was that it would take up to six months, and not to book any travel until we had the passport back with the visa. She ended up getting it after about two months, as we took the option of effectively paying ?500 to jump the queue.

I apparently can't post the link without Kickback breaking for some reason but he's inviting questions:

@HeartsFCNow Hey guys, if you have any questions about Juwon Oshaniwa, feel free to shout. Getting a quality player with great personality.

Watt-Zeefuik

My wife has a spousal visa which is pretty straightforward. Initial advice was that it would take up to six months, and not to book any travel until we had the passport back with the visa. She ended up getting it after about two months, as we took the option of effectively paying ?500 to jump the queue.

Fair enough if those are the expected times, but I'd say that any government which takes six months to process a visa is doing a terrible job.  Six weeks should be the norm, three months if you've got a major backlog.

I remember when my husband was in nigeria applying for his spouse visa. Applied in the January and was told his appointment for his interview was June! Due to a cancellation he was home in April. That was many years ago when immigration rules weren't as tight. The problem in nigeria it's so highly populated they are inundated with applications and so many are fraudulent it's a long and difficult process. You have to give so much paperwork, everything apart from DNA! Yes they are also very laid back and never seem to be in a hurry to get these things done.

I apparently can't post the link without Kickback breaking for some reason but he's inviting questions:

@HeartsFCNow Hey guys, if you have any questions about Juwon Oshaniwa, feel free to shout. Getting a quality player with great personality.

Sounds a bit far fetched now, they're talking about him there as though he's one of the best around ? He'll probs no even sign or just be shite

King Of The Cat Cafe

This saga is taking on almost literary proportions. We could change the thread title to "Waiting For Juwo".

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This saga is taking on almost literary proportions. We could change the thread title to "Waiting For Juwo".

El Hass and Anderson will be chuffed though.

It's only a saga because it's been made a saga on here. Doesn't seem to have been reported that he was going anywhere else but for some interest in January. Robbie said 'hopefully he'll sign next week' meaning last week. This means that there was doubt as to the timing but nothing else. Levein always seemed confident too. Maybe we're just keen for it to happen as it might end all the shocking song parodies??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For him and us this should hopefully get settled this week

The pre season is well underway and we are now approaching the business end of that.

It would be nice to see him in training and getting some games under his belt mixing with his new team mates and settling in the City.

Update..http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-expect-oshaniwa-to-complete-move-this-week-1-3828687

07:30Monday 13 July 2015

Robbie Neilson expects Nigerian internationalist Juwon Oshaniwa to arrive in Edinburgh this week in order to complete his move to Tynecastle.

The left-back has been granted a work permit for his switch to Scotland, but still requires the necessary paperwork that will allow him to travel to the Capital and complete the deal following his departure from Israeli club FC Ashdod.

Neilson has had to be patient, but says things are progressing and hopes to finally land his man over the next few days.

Unknown user

Sounds a bit far fetched now, they're talking about him there as though he's one of the best around ? He'll probs no even sign or just be shite

One journalist who knows him says he's a quality player with a great personality- that's a loooong way from one of the best around!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Less than three weeks to go thank ****!! The longest wait for competitive football ever. Downside of absolutely trouncing horsing and jizzing over the tramps.

Oh and welcome to Juwon von von.

That's a few now. Are you so enthusiastic in real life?

Hold up with deal ? STV Twitter ?

STV said delay with government / Craig Levein just said a delay if I heard right

STV said delay with government / Craig Levein just said a delay if I heard right

What else was Craig saying??

What else was Craig saying??

Hearts have done what we needed to do to ensure we get a development fee for Holt

Re the new training Box system we've bought into, developed by Ian Cathro the first time he saw players who used it they stood out over other youngsters

Hearts have done what we needed to do to ensure we get a development fee for Holt

Re the new training Box system we've bought into, developed by Ian Cathro the first time he saw players who used it they stood out over other youngsters

What about other transfers in??

Including Oshiniwa ?[/quote

no, I took it as 2 more

but it was a very short bit

Cheers for the info Mikey

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

More importantly - has he got his season ticket? No' many left.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that in 12 months time we will hold Oshinawa in a greater regard than Mahe, Naysmith and on par with Fyssas! I'd even go as far as to say McHattie will do very well to play more than a dozen games next season.

Watt-Zeefuik

More importantly - has he got his season ticket? No' many left.

Not sure he's taken to the fitba yet.  Going to have to nudge him.

TBH he's more of a colleague of my wife's so I don't talk to him much.  Still, I'd hate for him to unknowingly end up a hibee D:

Archived