Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a bit of an assumption, I did actually look into them. The site appears to be pretty reputable and knowledgeable and exclusively talks about African football.

The particular guy was approached on twitter by a Hearts fan as someone who would be knowledgeable about this player.

Like I said, I'll reserve judgement as we all should, and I also believe in our management team, but it is a niggling worry.

I think it is more you who is making the assumptions. Anyway time will tell if we sign him we will be able to making our own expert judgements!!!

Unknown user

I think it is more you who is making the assumptions. Anyway time will tell if we sign him we will be able to making our own expert judgements!!!

I don't think I've made any assumptions have I?

Even in the videos i've watched of him, he's out of position at times. I think it comes down to the fact he is an attacking full back so is always further up the park.

I think we'll get away with that. He looks to be pretty quick to get back also.

Maybe he is doing what his manager is asking him to do. Often with attacking full backs when they are far up the pitch another player is tasked with covering sometimes a defensive midfielder or centre back.

It's always a hard one to call but we will soon find out if he signs.

I don't think I've made any assumptions have I?

The first line of your reply to my comment says.

That's a bit of an assumption!!

King of the North

You can't always get what Juwon,

But if you try sometimes you find, you get that scarf over the heid.

For after he signs

You won't ever get past Juwon

And if you try sometimes you might find you get kicked in the heid

What's that coming over the hill is it Augustyn? Is it Augustyn?

Unknown user

The first line of your reply to my comment says.

That's a bit of an assumption!!

Yes, you assumed I know nothing about the blogger. What assumptions have I made?

Yes, you assumed I know nothing about the blogger. What assumptions have I made?

Never mind I can't be arsed with this it could go on for ever. Perhaps we can agree to not understand each others points and call it a day?

Rework of the 90s classic

"All that she wants is another baby"

"Oh oh Juwon Oshaniwa baby"

Bert Le Clos

I hope this falls through so we're spared any more chronic "song bants".

:seething:

:pleasing:

Unknown user

Never mind I can't be arsed with this it could go on for ever. Perhaps we can agree to not understand each others points and call it a day?

Not trying to pick a fight with you dude, you're the guy who said "I think it is more you who is making the assumptions"

It's pretty normal for me to then ask what assumptions you think I've made.

I understood your posts perfectly btw, I just don't agree that I've assumed anything- maybe you can clarify?

Unknown user

He looks like he's shit off a shovel fast, so I wouldn't worry too much about him running back in to position after pinging in a cross.

Speed's a bonus of course, and I'm sure that the SPFL is a more forgiving environment than others he may have played in to be fair.

Like I say though, I've got a wee alarm bell going off, which is unusual for me, I'm almost always a happy clapper with potential new signings. Hope that wee voice is wrong of course!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Speed's a bonus of course, and I'm sure that the SPFL is a more forgiving environment than others he may have played in to be fair.

Like I say though, I've got a wee alarm bell going off, which is unusual for me, I'm almost always a happy clapper with potential new signings. Hope that wee voice is wrong of course!

All fair enough. It's the main issue with wing backs and attacking fullbacks in any league though, I suppose. If you are as fast as Agathe, Goncalves or whoever though, you tend to do alright in the Scottish leagues.

Unknown user

All fair enough. It's the main issue with wing backs and attacking fullbacks in any league though, I suppose. If you are as fast as Agathe, Goncalves or whoever though, you tend to do alright in the Scottish leagues.

True, and if you can have 2 intelligent centre backs and the other full back knows to stay back and cover when not his turn to bomb on, you can effectively have a fairly central back 3 moving over to cover the backline more evenly.

It may be the case that we can get away with that a bit more if Augustyn is indeed the upgrade on Wilson that we hope

Watt-Zeefuik

This is terrible but I couldn't resist.

Cheap Trick's "Want You to Want Me"

Juwon, pass to Juanma

Alim, pass to Reilly

Oliver, cross to Osman

Augustyn, cross to Jamie

Yes, I know.  Terrible.

Does anyone have any idea on when we can expect Oshaniwa in Edinburgh, then?

Nobody has a scooby mate.

Does anyone have any idea on when we can expect Oshaniwa in Edinburgh, then?

He's Levein on a jet plane. Dont know when he'll be back again.

So, he still hasn't signed then? Celtic & Sheff Wed sniffing about him too?

Can't say I'm confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HE STILL HASN'T SIGNED OMG

It was always reported as being this week at the very earliest and it's still only Tuesday FFS. They need to go through the whole process of making sure he's eligible to work in the UK and that takes time. If Celtic wanted him they'd have acted by now and if they want to hijack it they'll have to undergo the work permit application process themselves as I understand it.

Hope he is worth it and hope we have a back up, dragging on somewhat , signed pending awork permit is not unusuL in this day and age

King Of The Cat Cafe

Cannot believe we have had 10 pages of ifs and maybes about one (potential, perhaps) signing. Is this a record for JKB?

Hungry hippo

Cannot believe we have had 10 pages of ifs and maybes about one (potential, perhaps) signing. Is this a record for JKB?

The thread about Mark McGhee potentially becoming our new manager had 75 pages. It's in the classic kickback section if you have a couple of weeks to kill.

Watch out for those wee voices Smithee.  :uhoh2: .     :2thumbsup:

Tommy Brown

Juwon, pass to Juanma

Alim, pass to Reilly

Oliver, cross to Osman

Augustyn, cross to Jamie

Yes, I know.  Terrible.

Don't be too hard on yourself, made me smile.

Terrible? no. Chronic? Yes. :thumbsup:

True, and if you can have 2 intelligent centre backs and the other full back knows to stay back and cover when not his turn to bomb on, you can effectively have a fairly central back 3 moving over to cover the backline more evenly.

It may be the case that we can get away with that a bit more if Augustyn is indeed the upgrade on Wilson that we hope

I think we're pretty guaranteed to be playing with 2 sitting(ish) type midfielders most weeks.  Whether that be as a 4231 or a 442, I see our midfield 2 being reasonably conservative.  There to pick up the ball and keep it moving when we have it, more than burst forward with it, and when we don't have it, they're filling gaps and ensuring our shape is right.

Get these guys good at their job and it gives fullbacks a helluva lot more licence, or license, I'm never sure which!

Also, as discussed a fair bit, I think we have the players to go 343, 352, type thing too and this lad would seem to fit that (and the holding mids still have that same job with in that - think of Gerrard and Lucas season past last with Liverpool).

And surely it's Da Doo Ron Ron by The Chrystals we're singing you shower of gomerals, no?

Unknown user

I think we're pretty guaranteed to be playing with 2 sitting(ish) type midfielders most weeks. Whether that be as a 4231 or a 442, I see our midfield 2 being reasonably conservative. There to pick up the ball and keep it moving when we have it, more than burst forward with it, and when we don't have it, they're filling gaps and ensuring our shape is right.

Get these guys good at their job and it gives fullbacks a helluva lot more licence, or license, I'm never sure which!

Also, as discussed a fair bit, I think we have the players to go 343, 352, type thing too and this lad would seem to fit that (and the holding mids still have that same job with in that - think of Gerrard and Lucas season past last with Liverpool).

And surely it's Da Doo Ron Ron by The Chrystals we're singing you shower of gomerals, no?

Good post

Ach, what the hell. Everybody else had a shot.

He hates the ****ing Hibees and he hates the huns

A juwon won won, a juwon won

He sprints up the wing with his mazy runs

Oh, he thinks the Hibs are shite

Oh, we think he's right

He hates the ****ing Hibees and he hates the Huns.

Good post

Thanks, it's a good song mate.  Think it was in Quadrophenia.  Hale and Pace ruined it a bit.

tartofmidlothian

He's Levein on a jet plane. Dont know when he'll be back again.

This deserves a :yas:

andyscott82

Rework of the 90s classic

"All that she wants is another baby"

"Oh oh Juwon Oshaniwa baby"

Excellent!!!

King of the North

Boney M

Blazej Augustyn tra la la la la

Blazej Augustyn tra la la la la la

Blazej Augustyn tra la la la la

He'd take Danny Wilson up the bum - bum bum!

Juwon, pass to Juanma

Alim, pass to Reilly

Oliver, cross to Osman

Augustyn, cross to Jamie

Yes, I know.  Terrible.

You do realise that outside the US and Japan only about 37 people actually liked or ever listened to Cheap Trick?

Watt-Zeefuik

You do realise that outside the US and Japan only about 37 people actually liked or ever listened to Cheap Trick?

Heh, no actually.  Figured there was more danger of that with the Journey reference. 

The Ace of Base one above is excellent.

Jambof3tornado

If this was as done a deal as many are claiming would we not have had Juwon training with us/playing in preseason matches as a trialist?

If this was as done a deal as many are claiming would we not have had Juwon training with us/playing in preseason matches as a trialist?

Not sure he will be allowed in the country till he has his visa in hand.

not if he doesnt have a visa to enter the country. you cant

Son Of Anarchy

Guilty as charged so number 38. Going to start a fan club and see if I can get the numbers up to 51 :)

HE STILL HASN'T SIGNED OMG

It was always reported as being this week at the very earliest and it's still only Tuesday FFS. They need to go through the whole process of making sure he's eligible to work in the UK and that takes time. If Celtic wanted him they'd have acted by now and if they want to hijack it they'll have to undergo the work permit application process themselves as I understand it.

You are correct. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

However, if he doesn't sign before 11:30am I'll be stopping my foundation donations, never attending any more games and forcing my laddie to wear a hibs top. So, there it is Hearts. You've got 2 hours and 16 minutes. Chop chop.

Italian Lambretta

He could nip over to France and hitch a ride from Calais. Should be here in no time.

Jambof3tornado

I thought he'd already been over?

Unknown user

Quite possibly but he can't work til he's got his working visa sorted, he probably didn't need it for a visit

No idea to be honest and I may have imagined this but I'm sure once you have applied for the visa you have to stay out of the country until you have it.

J Cheever Loophole

Guilty as charged so number 38. Going to start a fan club and see if I can get the numbers up to 51 :)

I saw them at The MacRobert Center, Stirling Uni or was it The Knack I saw?

The mists of time have become Pea Soup thick to this auld rocker!

I do remember the 4 sub-4 minute miles I ran, one after another after my intoduction to a couple of Dexterine.

If Cheap Trick hadn't provided the theme tune to That 70s Show, I'd never have heard of them.

Archived