Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

From Israeli sports journalist via Twitter:

@Raphael_Gellar: Hearts FC supporters, I spoke to Juwon Oshaniwa & he told me he expects to be introduced by Hearts FC next week.

Jesus can we not get him in as a trialist or something?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hungry hippo

Jesus can we not get him in as a trialist or something?

We can't if he's not allowed in the country yet.

Honestly for me it's time to cut this deal and aim for another target.

Dragged on far too much and won't be anywhere near ready for the start of the season.

How many seasons in the past have we had a player who had a non existant pre season and for the duration of that season we've gave them the benefit of the doubt.

"If only they had been given a good pre season" or "next season we'll see the best of him after a full pre season"

Really hope I'm proved wrong in this one

Good grief.

Honestly for me it's time to cut this deal and aim for another target.

Dragged on far too much and won't be anywhere near ready for the start of the season.

How many seasons in the past have we had a player who had a non existant pre season and for the duration of that season we've gave them the benefit of the doubt.

"If only they had been given a good pre season" or "next season we'll see the best of him after a full pre season"

Really hope I'm proved wrong in this one

:rofl:

:vrface:

JamboHeriot

The laddie is a Nigerian internationalist, people really expect him to be unfit and at a disadvantage because of a 'lack of pre-season'? Deary me.

kingantti1874

No idea why the panic, if he signs he signs, if not I'm sure Robbie and craig have alternative targets in mind.

From Israeli sports journalist via Twitter:

@Raphael_Gellar: Hearts FC supporters, I spoke to Juwon Oshaniwa & he told me he expects to be introduced by Hearts FC next week.

So 2 weeks ago it was next week! Last week it was next week & now this week its next week?!?!?!

I'm losing my shit here!!!!!

So 2 weeks ago it was next week! Last week it was next week & now this week its next week?!?!?!

If you read the link from Clerry Jambo you will see that the delay is in this country and he is hoping that the visa will be granted tomorrow Friday. He says he has been in cinstant contact with the club and they are putting pressure on the authorities to try and speed things up.

So it sounds as if he is anxious to get here, hopefully this is the case.

For anyone that can't open the link, here it is.

Oshaniwa Expects UK Visa Friday
  •   16 JUL 2015
  •  
  •  NEWS

By Sab Osuji:

Super Eagles left-back, Juwon Oshaniwa has revealed he?s expecting to get his UK visa on Friday as he hopes to join up with his new Scottish side, Hearts.

Juwon called time on his Ashdod of Israel contract following the team?s relegation to the lower league at the end of last season despite still having one season remaining on his contract with the club.

After completing a switch to the Scottish Premier League side, Oshaniwa is yet to join up with the club following delay in securing the Scotland entry document.

?I?ve been in constant touch with Hearts officials and they have been assuring me they are putting pressure on the British embassy to hasten up the process of issuing me a visa?, Oshaniwa told Complete Sports on Wednesday.

?Even this (Wednesday) morning, we spoke but you know this is not something you just get like that no matter the pressure.

?I?ve been told it takes about 10 working days to get the visa processed and if this is not the case, then I?m expecting it to be ready on Friday this week?, the former Sharks defender said.

Unknown user

Que sera, sera

Chill

Am i right in thinking the games that he would definitely miss (should he be included in the Nigeria squad for ACN) would be:

17th Oct Dundee Utd (Away) - ACN Qualifier vs Burkino Faso (16/17 or 18th Oct)

24th Oct Ross County (Home) - ACN Qualifier vs Burkino Faso (23/24 or 25th Oct)

16th Jan Motherwell (Home) - ACN (16th Jan - 7th Feb)

23rd Jan Hamilton (Away) - ACN

30th Jan Ross County (Away) - ACN

Not sure how early the squad would be gathered and therefore how other games would be affected. 

For me, in the grand scheme of things it's not bad given we have McHattie as cover.

gogadgetlegz

Don't know where you are getting that info and those dates... There is no ACN 2016.

gogadgetlegz

Nigeria aren't in Burkina Faso's group either.

They are scheduled to play September 4th v Tanzania and March 27 v Egypt as far as I can see?

Auldreekie1874

Am i right in thinking the games that he would definitely miss (should he be included in the Nigeria squad for ACN) would be:

17th Oct Dundee Utd (Away) - ACN Qualifier vs Burkino Faso (16/17 or 18th Oct)

24th Oct Ross County (Home) - ACN Qualifier vs Burkino Faso (23/24 or 25th Oct)

16th Jan Motherwell (Home) - ACN (16th Jan - 7th Feb)

23rd Jan Hamilton (Away) - ACN

30th Jan Ross County (Away) - ACN

Not sure how early the squad would be gathered and therefore how other games would be affected. 

For me, in the grand scheme of things it's not bad given we have McHattie as cover.

Juwon wont be involved...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_African_Nations_Championship

The Treasurer

The laddie is a Nigerian internationalist, people really expect him to be unfit and at a disadvantage because of a 'lack of pre-season'? Deary me.

Not unfit but he will be unfamiliar with his team mates and the system that RN wants to play.

I think people underestimate the impotance of "match fitness" as opposed to general fitness.

It seems strange to me that other clubs and English clubs seem to bring players in from all over the world with no problems or delays but we always seem to hit obstacles

Not unfit but he will be unfamiliar with his team mates and the system that RN wants to play.

I think people underestimate the impotance of "match fitness" as opposed to general fitness.

It seems strange to me that other clubs and English clubs seem to bring players in from all over the world with no problems or delays but we always seem to hit obstacles

Your wording probably explains the situation. They 'seem to'. You just won't notice it when players struggle to get signed up because it's not very interesting and you won't pick up on it, but do when it's hearts.

Google has 10million returns for 'protracted transfer' for example.

the stone rose

Your wording probably explains the situation. They 'seem to'. You just won't notice it when players struggle to get signed up because it's not very interesting and you won't pick up on it, but do when it's hearts.

Google has 10million returns for 'protracted transfer' for example.

And 9.5 million of the links probably relate to this thread.

Fannying about a wee bit.

I'm sure he'll be worth it in the end.

the general

he is a left back ffs ... all he has to do is keep in line with the other 3 and hoof it forward when it comes to him

he isnt David Silva !!

The Treasurer

he is a left back ffs ... all he has to do is keep in line with the other 3 and hoof it forward when it comes to him

he isnt David Silva !!

Being a Citeh fan I wouldn't expect you to understand the requirements of the modern day footballer  :rolleyes5:

If you read the link from Clerry Jambo you will see that the delay is in this country and he is hoping that the visa will be granted tomorrow Friday. He says he has been in cinstant contact with the club and they are putting pressure on the authorities to try and speed things up.

So it sounds as if he is anxious to get here, hopefully this is the case.

Cool. Shit retained.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

You will also notice further down on the same link that Nigerian striker Brown Ideye who was bought by WBA last year for ?10 million also faced the issues when trying to get a UK visa so it is clearly a common occurance.

I am still confident it will go ahead however like most on here want it done asap.

he isnt David Silva !!

Have you ever watched modern football?... or at least watched Juwon play, the guy likes to get forward and run with the ball, like most left and right backs these days.

Exactly, this is a player that spent last summer competing well against the likes of Messi and Di Maria yet folk are worried he's not going to be ready to face David Wotherspoon in the opening league game?

King Of The Cat Cafe

I believe the modern style is Nigeria internationalist.

See also: Scotland internationalist; England internationalist; France internationalist and so on.

(Even though 'internationalist' is not much in currency either)

he isnt David Silva !!

If only you had been so tactically astute 30 years (ish) ago. :beatnik2:

The Treasurer

I'm sure he'd retired 30 years ago  :tiny:

the general

harsh ... I made you the player you were :-)

FFS can we please just delete this thread? Everytime I see someone has posted I click on it only to be disappointed.  Can we just have one if and when he signs please?

I heard about it on the internet like days ago, why am I having to wait?  This isn't fair on me.  Me receiving this news as soon as possible is probably the only thing that matters.  There's absolutely no way the management team and the player himself are waiting for this to happen.  Just me.  Me.  TheBigO.

I was all right, for awhile

I could smile, for awhile

But I saw you last night

You held my hand so tight

As you stopped to say, "Hello"

. . .

When you said, "So long"

Left me standing all alone

Alone and crying, crying

Crying, crying

Heartsfc_1874

Just can't get enough :

When I see you Juwon

I break into this song

It's taking far too long

It's taking far too long

I've went an ordered a cup of tea

Cause it's approaching five past three

E-e-e-e-e e-e-e-e

Five past three know

The season is bearing down

And it's beginning to make me frown

Where's Juwon Juwon Juwon

Where is Juwon

Unknown user

Where the ****'s Juwon

(Where the ****'s Juwon)

Oshinuwa's gone

(Oshinuwa's gone)

Where the ****'s Juwon

(Where the ****'s Juwon)

Far, far away

Nigeri-yay

Watt-Zeefuik

Sinatra

Where is Juwon

Juwon Oshaniwa

Where is Juwon

Just give him a ****ing visa

Inside some far off Lagos bar
There's our back
There's our new
Left-side star

The wait is long
Much longer than we reckoned
It's mid-July
Kickback's direr by the second

Some lucky day
We'll finally sign him
And when he does
We can stop writing all of these crap songs....

I was all right, for awhile

I could smile, for awhile

But I saw you last night

You held my hand so tight

As you stopped to say, "Hello"

. . .

When you said, "So long"

Left me standing all alone

Alone and crying, crying

Crying, crying

Pretty Juwon, walking down the street

Pretty Juwon, the type I like to meet.

This just got weird.

Everyone stop shitting their smellies.  I've told you all how pish the admin is at the UK High Commission in Abuja.  Nowt you can do to speed anything in Nigeria without a brown envelope (you give clear dash, brudah!) and I hope Lady Budge isn't up for that.  He'd have signed by now under Vlad!!  Visa same day!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just can't get enough :

When I see you Juwon

I break into this song

It's taking far too long

It's taking far too long

I've went an ordered a cup of tea

Cause it's approaching five past three

E-e-e-e-e e-e-e-e

Five past three know

The season is bearing down

And it's beginning to make me frown

Where's Juwon Juwon Juwon

Where is Juwon

I like Depeche Mode.

I hate Celtic.

I think Just Can't Get Enough is the shitest song Depeche Mode ever made.

This isn't even a decent version of I Just Can't Get Enough...

So... I'm out. :(

Pretty Juwon, walking down the street

Pretty Juwon, the type I like to meet.

This just got weird.

laughing_animated.gif

Auld Reekin'

Que sera, sera

Chill

Ronnie%20Barker%20%20%27Porridge%27%20%2

"Kiss 'er what...?!?!?!?"

I like Depeche Mode.

I hate Celtic.

I think Just Can't Get Enough is the shitest song Depeche Mode ever made.

This isn't even a decent version of I Just Can't Get Enough...

So... I'm out. :(

But Moths, to be fair, I Feel You is pretty hard to chant!

This is the dawning of Juwooooon...

(You could just about elongate his whole name into it, Juwon Oshaniiiwaaaa, I suppose, but get over it it ain't happening)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But Moths, to be fair, I Feel You is pretty hard to chant!

This is the dawning of Juwooooon...

(You could just about elongate his whole name into it, Juwon Oshaniiiwaaaa, I suppose, but get over it it ain't happening)

Enjuwon the Silenshaniwa.

:mellow:

Archived