Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo-Jimbo

Next someone will find the Brexit in the Bible.

We're doomed, doomed I tell you.

J-i-H you really do need help mate.

• 2 weeks later...
Jambo 4 Ever

Is this quoting from the same book that has polar bears, penguins and kangaroos travelling to the Middle East to board a big boat built by a 600 year old guy who would have an incestuous relationship with his daughters?

Sounds legit.

never said it was legit - but I hear lots of people talking about it at work etc, and just don't know what to make of it all...

never said it was legit - but I hear lots of people talking about it at work etc, and just don't know what to make of it all...

Where do you work!? [emoji23]

Jambo-Jimbo

Will Obama be the last president of the USA?

http://survivetheenddays.com/tl/

And you can read all about it for only $27.

Christians must be amongst the most gullible people on this planet?

Which isn't a shock as the Church has been fleecing them rotten for the last 2000 years.

Unknown user

Will Obama be the last president of the USA?

http://survivetheenddays.com/tl/

This article starts with;

Our Own Government And Secret Church Leaders Are Engaged In A Massive Cover-Up?

Little do you know that Obama and the leaders of our church have a secret sinister pact?

To hide from the public the most terrible warning encrypted inside our Holy Bible

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

**** me!

And you can read all about it for only $27.

Christians must be amongst the most gullible people on this planet?

Which isn't a shock as the Church has been fleecing them rotten for the last 2000 years.

"If the Lord did not want them to be fleeced, he would not have made them sheep."

One of my all-time favourite movie quotes.  (The Magnificent Seven).

The only real end time is that asteroid hurling its way through space. Not if, but when.

Yup. Imagine being at ground zero when that happens. That would have to be one of the more interesting ways to go.

For the record, my answer to all JiH posts with questions and a link in this thread is hereby, "No."

I heard somewhere, California were planning to leave union. Ive no idea how.

Probably bollox.

ToadKiller Dog

We ain't in the end times , we are at the start of a difficult period for humanity ,Capitalism is failing to many , west v Russia pressures , US v China in the pacific . Trying to break from oil ,global warming , religious extremism and growth of far right in Europe .

We have had crisis before the two wars , the Napoleonic era , the plagues of the 14th century ,collapse of the Roman Empire etc .mini ice age

We tend to somehow find a way through , if humans are anything we are survivors ,our time will end at some point .

End of the world theory is a root part religious stories .We should concentrate on dealing with the issues that face us not some beardy bloke looking to take us to a magical fairy tale land .

Jambo-Jimbo

Probably bollox.

It's true mate, it's in a secret passage in the Bible, which only I have translated and will be in my new book which will detail how it will herald the the end of the US.

I will explain how you and your family can be saved, the book will be available shortly, only from me and will only cost ?25.

niblick1874

It's true mate, it's in a secret passage in the Bible, which only I have translated and will be in my new book which will detail how it will herald the the end of the US.

I will explain how you and your family can be saved, the book will be available shortly, only from me and will only cost ?25.

It's the moon I'm worried about. I heard that it was pissed off about not getting enough sun and is eyeing up a move to Mercury.

Watt-Zeefuik

Probably bollox.

If this happens any time in the next 10 years, I will personally fly to Edinburgh and buy every single member of JKB a pint of beer for them to drink while I eat my favorite hat and subsequently stand on the bar for a loud rendition of "I Feel Pretty."

Fourcandles

The only real end time is that asteroid hurling its way through space. Not if, but when.

I think its more likely heading for Uranus.

?25 that's not worth much these days.

:D

If this happens any time in the next 10 years, I will personally fly to Edinburgh and buy every single member of JKB a pint of beer for them to drink while I eat my favorite hat and subsequently stand on the bar for a loud rendition of "I Feel Pretty."

I hope you have a few bob.

YES California pushing for a indyref in 2020 lead by the CNP.

Watt-Zeefuik

I hope you have a few bob.

YES California pushing for a indyref in 2020 lead by the CNP.

Care for a counter-bet?

Watt-Zeefuik

Hey, JKB teaches me new things every day:

http://www.yescalifornia.org/blog

http://www.newsweek.com/calexit-brexit-buoys-california-independence-movement-474576

So far, ?Yes California? is a fringe political movement with only 6,700 Facebook likes and 650 Twitter followers. But Marinelli says the support remains mostly untapped: in an informal Twitter poll of around 9,000 votes in February, 41 percent voted for independence. Although Marinelli says the voters are all Californian, it is not possible to verify on Twitter.

Yeaaah... Not to worried about my beer, hat, and song bet.

It's the moon I'm worried about. I heard that it was pissed off about not getting enough sun and is eyeing up a move to Mercury.

The moon can ram it. What use has it ever been?!

The Old Tolbooth

Cherry picking from the bible, a made up story? What a lot of shite.

Bang on the cash, absolute load of pure and utter bollox!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

niblick1874

The moon can ram it. What use has it ever been?!

What am I going to howl at?

Unknown user

?

Apologies, I thought it was funny

Loony, from the word lunatic, which originally meant affected by the moon

niblick1874

Apologies, I thought it was funny

Loony, from the word lunatic, which originally meant affected by the moon

Got you. Woosh moment for me. clever and funny is what it was, good one.

Stephen Muddie

It was the worst of times: The world was run by psychopaths and the people brainwashed. Pollution levels were poisoning the population.

It was the best of times: Hibs were still first division shite. Hearts were in Europe

Watt-Zeefuik

It's a start. :)

California, Catalonia, Quebec and Caledonia unite.

If this happens, you have to take Texas too.  Only fair.  ;)

On the other hand, there's this from Running Man:

Cm8eCLkXEAUfvPT.jpg

If this happens, you have to take Texas too. Only fair. ;)

Cm8eCLkXEAUfvPT.jpg

Time to call Ben.

That's spooky.

Texas will rejoin Mexico if the guns get taken away.California should rejoin too. Its theirs after all.

Edited by aussieh

Unknown user

Got you. Woosh moment for me. clever and funny is what it was, good one.

Cheers bud but there's no getting away from it - I had to explain!

Back to the drawing board :)

Cheers bud but there's no getting away from it - I had to explain!

Back to the drawing board :)

Are you sure you've any chalk left.

The Future's Maroon

If this happens, you have to take Texas too.  Only fair.   ;)

Cm8eCLkXEAUfvPT.jpg

I didn't know they had Macbook Air's in The Running Man?!

Watt-Zeefuik

I didn't know they had Macbook Air's in The Running Man?!

It's a screenshot from Twitter of someone watching it on their laptop.  Sorry for the confusion.

As for the California thing, as I was trying to go to sleep last night, I was trying to think of likelihoods and odds of various states or territories seceding from the US over the next 25 years.  Here's about where I'd put it (odds are chance of secession in next 25 years):

Puerto Rico: 1/80

Texas (with or without Oklahoma): 1/500

Maine: 1/1000

Washington and/or Oregon (potentially with N. California, not including SF Bay or Sacramento): 1/4000

Vermont: 1/5000

Minnesota: 1/10000

California (all of it, potentially including WA, OR, and/or Nevada): 1/12000

Louisiana: 1/15000

Unknown user

It's a screenshot from Twitter of someone watching it on their laptop. Sorry for the confusion.

As for the California thing, as I was trying to go to sleep last night, I was trying to think of likelihoods and odds of various states or territories seceding from the US over the next 25 years. Here's about where I'd put it (odds are chance of secession in next 25 years):

Puerto Rico: 1/80

Texas (with or without Oklahoma): 1/500

Maine: 1/1000

Washington and/or Oregon (potentially with N. California, not including SF Bay or Sacramento): 1/4000

Vermont: 1/5000

Minnesota: 1/10000

California (all of it, potentially including WA, OR, and/or Nevada): 1/12000

Louisiana: 1/15000

vive la revolution!

What IS Puerto Rico's status? I always thought it was like Gibraltar or the Falklands are to Britain - kind of part of it but don't get to vote kind of thing

Watt-Zeefuik

vive la revolution!

What IS Puerto Rico's status? I always thought it was like Gibraltar or the Falklands are to Britain - kind of part of it but don't get to vote kind of thing

Basically that -- it's rude to call things "colonies" any more, but that's what it comes down to.  They don't get a vote and in return have greatly reduced taxes, but also have limits on self-government.  The presence of these kinds of territories around the world (also Guam, Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands) is ridiculous at this point and it's about time we shat or got off the pot.  By a 2012 referendum, most Puerto Ricans want statehood rather than independence or the status quo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_status_referendum,_2012) but because of the island's staunchly Democratic lean, Republicans generally do everything they can to block statehood at this point.

So 1/80 may have been too generous -- maybe 1/200 would have been better.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Basically that -- it's rude to call things "colonies" any more, but that's what it comes down to. They don't get a vote and in return have greatly reduced taxes, but also have limits on self-government. The presence of these kinds of territories around the world (also Guam, Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands) is ridiculous at this point and it's about time we shat or got off the pot. By a 2012 referendum, most Puerto Ricans want statehood rather than independence or the status quo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_status_referendum,_2012) but because of the island's staunchly Democratic lean, Republicans generally do everything they can to block statehood at this point.

So 1/80 may have been too generous -- maybe 1/200 would have been better.

I take it you mean 200/1 (unlikely to leave)?

Jambo 4 Ever

For the record, my answer to all JiH posts with questions and a link in this thread is hereby, "No."

But what about the prophecies in the bible?

Personally I don't believe it but for those who believe other things in the bible, why not this?

But what about the prophecies in the bible?

Personally I don't believe it but for those who believe other things in the bible, why not this?

You realise the bible is a story book.

What about the prophecies in Lord of the Rings?