Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

More reports over there?  Should I clean out the savings account and spend it on hookers and blow, or should I figure out what to cook for dinner?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

More reports over there? Should I clean out the savings account and spend it on hookers and blow, or should I figure out what to cook for dinner?

I wouldn't if I was you, well if you want to go to heaven that is ;)

I wouldn't if I was you, well if you want to go to heaven that is ;)

Nah, I'm Presbyterian.  Predestined whether I get in, might as well go out in style.

Nah, I'm Presbyterian.  Predestined whether I get in, might as well go out in style.

Wow, I didn't know that, and I was raised C. of S. too.  Predestined??  I always believed in the John 3:16 bit.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.  :thumbsup:

Wow, I didn't know that, and I was raised C. of S. too.  Predestined??  I always believed in the John 3:16 bit.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.  :thumbsup:

TBF predestination was mostly a thing in 1800s between the Arminians (like Methodists) and the Calvinists (like US Presbyterians and C.of S.).  The Methodists were convinced that salvation from Christ brought an end to original sin and made it possible for people to be perfect, the Presbyterians were arguing that it didn't matter what we did one way or the other because it was God's decision, and of course He would have already made up His mind, having known what were were going to do from the start anyway.

Neither denomination gets on much about that stuff these days, as someone bothered to notice that faith should be about more than buying an entrance ticket to the afterlife, but some of the nonsense is still holding on in certain corners.

Oops, this isn't the Christianity thread, is it?  Right, back to the hookers and blow...

Edited by Ugly American

wentworth jambo

n.

1) A person who believes the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, are forcing their parents to go to bed early, in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner. Or, some variation on that theme involving but not limited to the following groups, people and events: Regular vampires, specifically gray or reptilian saucer people, the Antichrist, The Freemasons, The Bilderbergers, The Trilateral Commission, The New World Order, Skull and Bones, The Illuminati, The Kennedy (or any other) Assassination, The moon landing, The 9/11 Attacks, The Pearl Harbor Attack, Area 51, or fluoridation of drinking water.

Conspiracy Nut

n.

1) A person who believes the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, are forcing their parents to go to bed early, in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner. Or, some variation on that theme involving but not limited to the following groups, people and events: Regular vampires, specifically gray or reptilian saucer people, the Antichrist, The Freemasons, The Bilderbergers, The Trilateral Commission, The New World Order, Skull and Bones, The Illuminati, The Kennedy (or any other) Assassination, The moon landing, The 9/11 Attacks, The Pearl Harbor Attack, Area 51, or fluoridation of drinking water.

You forgot chemical trails.

That's right, you were the like minded person I meant.

Anyway, it's a beautiful morning and the predictions were shite.

Isn't the date Sunday night wot with the blood moon and that?

You've gone and let them know that you know what's being said. Now they're going to claim you believe it. Best to let them make a fool of themselves.

According to Wiki (I know) I've somehow managed to live through 77 end of the World predictions so far in my life time, I wonder can I make it to 78? 

Governor Tarkin

You've gone and let them know that you know what's being said. Now they're going to claim you believe it. Best to let them make a fool of themselves.

If the end of the world is nigh, making a fool of ourselves is probably the least of our worries.

If the end of the world is nigh, making a fool of ourselves is probably the least of our worries.

Ok, carry on.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

No idea, it's all bullshit.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

No idea, it's all bullshit.

True enough, and there have been countless false alarms over the centuries, yet some people still take such predictions seriously.

Riddley Walker

:lol:

Said without even a drip of irony.

Edited by Riddley Walker

Governor Tarkin

Ok, carry on.

In order to "carry on" making a fool of myself, I believe I'd need to have already started.

Can you please point out where and when this was?

Thanks.

In order to "carry on" making a fool of myself, I believe I'd need to have already started.

Can you please point out where and when this was?

Thanks.

You are right, I should no have aimed that at you. Sorry.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

End times for the human species would lead to a renaissance for almost every other species on earth, other than some 'vermin' species who have thrived upon our wastage, and some modified species who depend on our interference.

End times for the human species would lead to a renaissance for almost every other species on earth, other than some 'vermin' species who have thrived upon our wastage, and some modified species who depend on our interference.

I'd happily take seagulls down with us.

AlphonseCapone

Niblick1874 desperately trying to defend his fellow daftie who has went missing haha brilliant.

When's the world due to end next my hard of thinking friends?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'd happily take seagulls down with us.

They would experience an initial boom by feeding on our corpses, and then recede to more natural numbers as that food source rotted and there was no more refuse for them to exploit.

They would experience an initial boom by feeding on our corpses, and then recede to more natural numbers as that food source rotted and there was no more refuse for them to exploit.

They might take over, Planet Of The 'Gulls

:wow:

Moon looking pretty regular moony the now.

It's the full eclipse here but it's not very red. Maybe it's just me.

Phew!!!! 

Looks like we've made it through yet another end of the world prophecy, that's 78 now I've lived through in my lifetime. 

How long can we relax for? 

When is the next doomsday prophecy? 

How long will it be before the next fruitcake proclaims to the world that 'God spoke to me' and you need to repent and you can only be saved if you join my church (donations can be made to this account). 

And people believe this cack.  :facepalm:

Jam Tarts 1874

Phew!!!! 

Looks like we've made it through yet another end of the world prophecy, that's 78 now I've lived through in my lifetime. 

How long can we relax for? 

When is the next doomsday prophecy? 

How long will it be before the next fruitcake proclaims to the world that 'God spoke to me' and you need to repent and you can only be saved if you join my church (donations can be made to this account). 

And people believe this cack.  :facepalm:

As far as I can make out, all these end of world predictions have been coming from atheists.

As far as I can make out, all these end of world predictions have been coming from atheists.

"All" of them from atheists?  That's definitely not true.

WTF?  Atheists?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/end-of-the-world-fears-sparked-by-blood-moon-and-prophesied-meteor-strike-10491339.html

When since did minority Christian groups become atheists?

And again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/08/asteroid-apocalypse-spells-end-world-september-2015_n_7533130.html

By far the vast majority of doomsday prophecies come via some fruitcake who was either told by God or read it in the bible.