Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo 4 Ever

Whoopee, that'll be 80 end of the World predictions in my lifetime now, and I fully expect this one to follow the same pattern as the other 79 have and prove to be nothing more than a pile of stinking BS.

Probably right but it still well thought out in that article

Bindy Badgy

Please see my post directly above yours.

Edited by Stokesy

Bindy Badgy

This brain implant is obviously big news as the technology required to send communications to the Earth from a star system that is 39 light years away within the life span of one human is significantly superior to anything that we have on Earth.

Should say back and forth between the Earth and a star system 39 light years away. Obviously the time to send one message at the speed of light is 39 years.

Jambo-Jimbo

You say that time and time again as well.

As soon as you see the word 'Biblical Prophecy' or 'Bible' you're all over it like a rash and pushing it as maybe maybe maybe this time, maybe they are right this time.

Well maybe they're talking a load of BS like usual because as soon as I see any mention of the Bible I know we're safe, because it's been wrong every time in the past and I see no reason to believe it'll ever be right.

Don't get me wrong the World will end one day, but I am confident that God or Jesus will have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Jambo 4 Ever

You say that time and time again as well.

As soon as you see the word 'Biblical Prophecy' or 'Bible' you're all over it like a rash and pushing it as maybe maybe maybe this time, maybe they are right this time.

Well maybe they're talking a load of BS like usual because as soon as I see any mention of the Bible I know we're safe, because it's been wrong every time in the past and I see no reason to believe it'll ever be right.

Don't get me wrong the World will end one day, but I am confident that God or Jesus will have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Fair enough! I just wonder how they can predict some things that are true...

This guys seemed to get some stuff right for example:

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/87017/one-rabbi-predicted-22-years-ago-koreas-role-end-days-will-shock/#3SicuwSPqjUoQFzb.97

Bindy Badgy

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/87017/one-rabbi-predicted-22-years-ago-koreas-role-end-days-will-shock/#3SicuwSPqjUoQFzb.97

And how many things has he got wrong? If you make enough predictions sooner of later you'll get something right.

I predicted that Italy would win the World Cup in 2006. Unfortunately, I also predicted that they would win it 1990, 1994, 1998 and 2002. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Geez you are persistent.

Anybody and I do mean anybody can make a whole serious of predictions for events to happen in the future, including me, including you.

Within the next 20 years we will see.

A major Drought and Famine will occur somewhere in the World, I'll even be more specific and say on the Continent of Africa.

Also in Africa we'll see a civil war somewhere within the next 20 years.

There will be a serious of devastating Earth Quakes and Volcano's in various parts of the World.

There will also be Floods which will lay waste to large area's of land.

Unusual weather patterns will be witnessed with record high temperatures recorded which will kill people and animals alike.

A new disease/virus will emerge which could threaten the very existence of humankind.

I reckon out of those 6 predictions I'll get at least 5 probably even 6 out of 6 correct.

The point I want to make is this, If I were a Priest, Rabbi or some other Holy Man, it would be easy for me see these predictions as signs, Biblical Prophecy even and other like minded people would agree and think that the end is nigh, because of these disasters, it's a sign from God.

But what happens when someone such as myself who doesn't believe in God and thinks Christianity and therefore the Bible is nothing more than a rehash and re-working of older religions which where prevalent in the region long before Christianity came along.

What happens if or when they come true they can't be Biblical Prophecy can they?

Riddley Walker

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Jambo in Hamilton is the best troll in the history of JKB. It's impressive he's managed to pull it off for so long.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Jambo in Hamilton is the best troll in the history of JKB. It's impressive he's managed to pull it off for so long.

There are far better trolls than him or her.

Riddley Walker

There are far better trolls than him or her.

But none that have managed to continue an act as naive, dumb and convincing. He or she is a master at the afore - mentioned.

Geoff Kilpatrick

But none that have managed to continue an act as naive, dumb and convincing. He or she is a master at the afore - mentioned.

You're assuming it's an act.

Riddley Walker

You're assuming it's an act.

I believe it is an act, and an elaborate one at that. That's why I'm proclaiming, here and now, that the person behind Jambo in Hamilton is a comedic genius and deserves acclaim.

Reveal your real self JIH. I've rumbled you, you deceptive, partially - evil mentalist.

Edited by Riddley Walker

• 4 weeks later...
Bindy Badgy

Interesting

Cornelius "Neil" Horan, sometimes referred to as The Grand Prix Priest or The Dancing Priest (born 22 April 1947), is a laicised Irish Roman Catholic priest who is noted for his interference with the running of the 2003 British Grand Prix and the 2004 Summer Olympics men's marathon in order to promote his religious belief that the end of the world is near.

Bindy Badgy

Interesting indeed

There's probably nothing to it but the billboard was well thought out!

• 3 months later...

Got to agree with Jambo in Hamilton. You never used to hear about natural disasters then bang, they're the only thing in the news.

It's true, isn't it!  Now you've got me thinking.

As Wolf Blitzer on CNN would say, "This is a very, very, dangerous, dangerous situation."

Have people been taking one of the biggest trolls on JKB seriously?

ML, really... :lol:

I was trying to be reasonable, but I see your point.   :conf11:

Geoff Kilpatrick

He's been an outstanding troll, to be fair to him.

I hope he has picked up as many warning points as I have for trolling.

If I had fewer scruples I'd go around to every doomsday sect and lend money at exorbitant rates to folks who thought the world would end before they had to pay it back.

If I had fewer scruples I'd go around to every doomsday sect and lend money at exorbitant rates to folks who thought the world would end before they had to pay it back.

The joke site an atheist created offering "post-rapture pet care" to evangelical Christians springs to mind . . .

The joke site an atheist created offering "post-rapture pet care" to evangelical Christians springs to mind . . .

:rofl:

Now there's a great business idea, full payment up front of course.