Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

Well as I predicted the other day, I'd be on here on the 24 September to say that I've lived through yet another 'end of the world' biblical 'fake news' prophecy pish.

I wonder what excuses the brainwashed fools will come up with to explain why they got it wrong, yet again.

There are two consistencies with the end of the world predictions.  One, they are always wrong and, two, they always have an excuse.

Hope you did not do anything silly like , sell your house, and blow it all on booze and women.

:smuggy:

Yup, and the rest of his money he just squandered.

Seems we all misunderstood what David Meade the Christian wacko who said the world was going to end Saturday past.

Turns out it's 21 October instead, but it may not be the end as he's now said ?It is possible at the end of October we may be about to enter into the seven-year Tribulation period, to be followed by a Millennium of peace,? Meade was quoted as saying by the Sunday Express.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/end-of-world-still-coming-soon-christian-numerologists-say-it-was-just-postponed/ar-AAsqa7C?li=AAnZ9Ug

"A millennium of peace" so doesn't that mean the world isn't going to end for at least another 1000 years, pity none of us will be around to see if he's right or wrong.

So we have went from the end of the World will happen on the 23rd September to the possibly, maybe, perhaps, could be the beginning of the seven-year Tribulation followed by a Millennium of peace.

Now that's what I call backtracking on a biblical scale.

Good point.

It will happen one day but when??

Almost immediately, in geological time.

Which means somewhere between tomorrow and 10-20k years.

• 2 weeks later...

So he's changed the date yet again, first it was the 23 September, then the 21 October now it's the 15 October.

Looking out my window I can see this big dark blob in the sky, so maybe it's true about this planet X thing.

Oh forget that, it's ok, it's bird crap on the window, a bit like Meade and his predictions, crap.

8 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Predicting natural disasters and war in the next 7 years. This guy knows what's what. 

Also predicting the sun to rise in the east?

• 3 weeks later...

FFS do they not give up?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/armageddon-via-imaginary-planet-has-been-pushed-back-—-yet-again-—-to-november/ar-AAubhTO?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Instead of making fools of themselves would they just not be better saying 'The Earth will end one day' that way they have got to be right, eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2017 at 11:44, Jambo-Jimbo said:

FFS do they not give up?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/armageddon-via-imaginary-planet-has-been-pushed-back-—-yet-again-—-to-november/ar-AAubhTO?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Instead of making fools of themselves would they just not be better saying 'The Earth will end one day' that way they have got to be right, eventually.

Less than a week to go 

On 10/29/2017 at 11:44, Jambo-Jimbo said:

FFS do they not give up?

Not necessarily.

27 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Less than a week to go 

Sunday 19 November, just hope we haven't paid for the new stand.  :laugh:

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

5 Billion years is when our sun will vaporise the Earth, so they reckon.

https://phys.org/news/2015-02-sun-wont-die-billion-years.html

I think there's a fair chance I won't be around to see it.

There's a possibility that a black hole collision will create a temporal warp which will engulf Earth and keep it in stasis forever. I should know, I've just watched the whole first series of Star Trek Voyager. ;)

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There's a possibility that a black hole collision will create a temporal warp which will engulf Earth and keep it in stasis forever. I should know, I've just watched the whole first series of Star Trek Voyager. ;)

:laugh:

Jam Tarts 1874
On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:44, Jambo-Jimbo said:

FFS do they not give up?

Media outlets are always falling over themselves to put out this kind of clickbait.  It's just rubbish.

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just like this lot.

The woman at the end, there are literally no words...................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/41973119/why-do-people-still-think-the-earth-is-flat

Bizarrely, this Flat Earth theory is getting popular again - it has followers all around the globe!

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Bizarrely, this Flat Earth theory is getting popular again - it has followers all around the globe!

Odd since it's been disproven to the corners of the earth...

• 2 years later...
Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Oh they mis-read the last 'end of the world' prediction.

I'll add that to the other 80 or so 'end of the world' predictions which have been mis-read in my lifetime so far.

I'll make my own prediction and that is when the end of the world doesn't happen this week-end, you'll get some crackpot scientist come out and say something along the lines of, we mis-read the meaning or the message, it wasn't 2012 or 2020 it was 2022 or some other random date.

File under total pish.

Jambo-Jimbo
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

When Trump loses the election and decides he didn't, will be closest. 

There was a documentary the other week on Sky, it was about Nostradamus, it was on in the background but I wasn't really watching it.

Anyway they'd been on about the anti-christ being the great deceiver etc etc and he would hearld the begining of the end of days, and one of Nostradamus' predictions said something like It'll come from the Isle of Scotland or something along those lines, and I thought the Isle of Scotland, not unless he meant a Scottish Island.

Trump's mother came from a Scottish Island and everyone knows what a complete liar and deceiver he is.

I had a wee look for the rest of the prediction but didn't find it, just to see what else it said and see if it could be matched to Trump.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Do you believe this?  Serious question.

No but no one knows when the end of the world will be so they might be right or they might be wrong 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There was a documentary the other week on Sky, it was about Nostradamus, it was on in the background but I wasn't really watching it.

Anyway they'd been on about the anti-christ being the great deceiver etc etc and he would hearld the begining of the end of days, and one of Nostradamus' predictions said something like It'll come from the Isle of Scotland or something along those lines, and I thought the Isle of Scotland, not unless he meant a Scottish Island.

Trump's mother came from a Scottish Island and everyone knows what a complete liar and deceiver he is.

I had a wee look for the rest of the prediction but didn't find it, just to see what else it said and see if it could be matched to Trump.

The bit in bold embarrasses most people who live up here in Lewis.

I think it was his great grandfather lived on the same Croft I live on se it really embarrasses the wife as the Croft had always been in her father's family since the beginning of crofting up here. In short, she is related to him.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, superjack said:

The bit in bold embarrasses most people who live up here in Lewis.

I think it was his great grandfather lived on the same Croft I live on se it really embarrasses the wife as the Croft had always been in her father's family since the beginning of crofting up here. In short, she is related to him.

Oh, I'd think there will be quite a few folks related to Trump on Lewis, such was Island life back in the day.

Fortunately Mrs JJ doesn't seem to be one of them, not that I've discovered anyway.

She is however a direct descendant from one of the original families from the Lemreway clearance in 1843, Murdo MacDonald and his family plus another 17 other families were kicked of the land to make way for sheep, they later settled at Crossbost and then Lochs.

She is also a direct descendant of 'Tormod Buidhe', not the MacDonald one (first hit on google) but the MacKenzie chappy of Calbost.

6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Oh, I'd think there will be quite a few folks related to Trump on Lewis, such was Island life back in the day.

Fortunately Mrs JJ doesn't seem to be one of them, not that I've discovered anyway.

She is however a direct descendant from one of the original families from the Lemreway clearance in 1843, Murdo MacDonald and his family plus another 17 other families were kicked of the land to make way for sheep, they later settled at Crossbost and then Lochs.

She is also a direct descendant of 'Tormod Buidhe', not the MacDonald one (first hit on google) but the MacKenzie chappy of Calbost.

We only found out about her being a distant relative at the end of 2018. There were a lot of stories about the iolaire as it was coming up to the centenary of the tragedy happening. There was a story in a sunday paper, possibly the post, about donald trumps great uncle who was on the iolaire. It gave the address, it was ours (there is 3 houses on our croft, all from the father in laws family). That's when the penny dropped.

The father in laws grand father was also a part of the land riots in point at the start of the 20th century, got 9 months inside.

I can't remember what it was called, but there was a great book about the land clearances and the riots, I will need to have a look in the in laws house for it again.

Unknown user
On 17/06/2020 at 11:23, Natural Orders said:

No but no one knows when the end of the world will be so they might be right or they might be wrong 

No, they're wrong.

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Wait, 2 sources?! 🤯

Indeed, still waiting.

It would be good to know what time to expect this so I can decide to make Sunday dinner or not. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

It would be good to know what time to expect this so I can decide to make Sunday dinner or not. 

It's here now as I speak, the end of the world has come................well for some on the terrace it is with the latest news on who our next manager could be.  :laugh:

It's here now as I speak, the end of the world has come................well for some on the terrace it is with the latest news on who our next manager could be.  :laugh:

I sew sew that, it'll armageddon according to some😅😅

15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They’ll be sobbing into their King Billy tea towels.