Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

The joke site an atheist created offering "post-rapture pet care" to evangelical Christians springs to mind . . .

Did someone really do that joke site? 

Will this happen before or after kick off at Firhill?  Would be nice to get another three points on the board before we all vapourise.

Will this happen before or after kick off at Firhill?  Would be nice to get another three points on the board before we all vapourise.

I don't like this bit in verse 26 "hearts failing them"

Will this happen before or after kick off at Firhill? Would be nice to get another three points on the board before we all vapourise.

Reckon Partick will beat us so it's maybe best for all concerned if it happens pre kick off. Will save having to read lots of whinging in the terrace.

Aha, I just *knew* you were an avid follower of Fox News. ;)

Oh well, I can relax about all those jobs I've putting off for ages, knowing I don't need to do them any more. Nice knowing you guys!

And on the 24 Sept I'll be able to say that I've now lived through 80 end of the world predictions in my life-time.

And these religious nuts will be scrambling around making up excuse upon excuse why they were wrong and everybody didn't die, just like they normally do.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Yes actually, many people do know.  That the world is not about to end.

But you don't KNOW that for sure... I agree with you but it's just our opinion

In the sense that I don't know an elephant isn't going to fall through my roof and crush me in the next five minutes, I don't know the world isn't going to end on 21st September or whatever the new date is.

In the sense that I do know an elephant isn't going to fall through my roof and crush me in the next five minutes--I do know.

In the sense that I don't know an elephant isn't going to fall through my roof and crush me in the next five minutes, I don't know the world isn't going to end on 21st September or whatever the new date is.

In the sense that I do know an elephant isn't going to fall through my roof and crush me in the next five minutes--I do know.

ha fair enough...

Although if you lived in Tamil, it wouldn't be a certainty

https://www.inshorts.com/news/baby-elephant-crashes-through-roof-of-house-in-tamil-nadu-1492851448305

But you don't KNOW that for sure... I agree with you but it's just our opinion

And neither do all the 'end of the world' proponents either, yet some people are easily led to believe in all this biblical prophecy crap.

FAha, I just *knew* you were an avid follower of Fox News. ;)

Oh well, I can relax about all those jobs I've putting off for ages, knowing I don't need to do them any more. Nice knowing you guys!

:biggrin:

Fox DAFT, me. 

You googled 'elephant falls through roof' to find that didn't you.

I remember reading about it a few months ago... so did a search to find it again

I don't know about the rest of you but we have had the strangest weather year ever.  Started in the spring, lots of rain, then warmer than usual weather, the mountain snow runoff was heavy, raised the lake, river and creek waters so we had floods. Barely got out of that and in April we had the first forest fire, slipped in to a record temperatures summer, no rain for nearly seventy days, wildfire and forest fires throughout the Province, beautiful sun for weeks barely saw a blink of it because the sky was covered in smoke, but life is not all bad last week we got a bit cooler weather, two showers of rain, then last two days warnings because of snow on the mountain highways.

Watched the news this afternoon, what I heard told me the world must be coming to an end, Donald Trumps approval ratings have gone up, if that is not pure evidence that it's all over nothing is,

I don't know about the rest of you but we have had the strangest weather year ever. Started in the spring, lots of rain, then warmer than usual weather, the mountain snow runoff was heavy, raised the lake, river and creek waters so we had floods. Barely got out of that and in April we had the first forest fire, slipped in to a record temperatures summer, no rain for nearly seventy days, wildfire and forest fires throughout the Province, beautiful sun for weeks barely saw a blink of it because the sky was covered in smoke, but life is not all bad last week we got a bit cooler weather, two showers of rain, then last two days warnings because of snow on the mountain highways.

Watched the news this afternoon, what I heard told me the world must be coming to an end, Donald Trumps approval ratings have gone up, if that is not pure evidence that it's all over nothing is,

Its been pissing down in Scotland Bob so not strange in the slightest here. Edited by Jamboelite

In the past 540 million years, the Earth has endured five mass extinction events, each involving processes that upended the normal cycling of carbon through the atmosphere and oceans. These globally fatal perturbations in carbon each?
PHYS.ORG

:ohmy:

I've found in life that most people who go on about the world coming to an end are, often due to depression, actually hoping for it to be true.

I don't know about the rest of you but we have had the strangest weather year ever.  Started in the spring, lots of rain, then warmer than usual weather, the mountain snow runoff was heavy, raised the lake, river and creek waters so we had floods. Barely got out of that and in April we had the first forest fire, slipped in to a record temperatures summer, no rain for nearly seventy days, wildfire and forest fires throughout the Province, beautiful sun for weeks barely saw a blink of it because the sky was covered in smoke, but life is not all bad last week we got a bit cooler weather, two showers of rain, then last two days warnings because of snow on the mountain highways.

The weather in Toronto has been hotter in September than it was in July.  The next three days, the first three days of autumn, will be 30 degrees C.

We're all doomed, I tell ya!

I'm assuming that the people commenting on ML's post assumed that it was the usual nonsense lifted from a conspiracy website? The link actually goes to a popular science website that has referenced a paper published in Science Advances, which is part of the Science brand. The paper predicts mass extinctions due to changes in the carbon cycle and not some end of the world doomsday nonsense.

I'm assuming that the people commenting on ML's post assumed that it was the usual nonsense lifted from a conspiracy website? The link actually goes to a popular science website that has referenced a paper published in Science Advances, which is part of the Science brand. The paper predicts mass extinctions due to changes in the carbon cycle and not some end of the world doomsday nonsense.

The guy's paper reckons this extinction event will take c. 10,000 years to take effect, starting around 2100.

You'll forgive me if I don't pish my frilies at the headline.

That won't stop some from claiming it was foretold in the bible.

A lot of people know that there have been several mass extinctions prior to us humans having been around and that the next one could involve our species, feck all to do with the bible, if you ask me.

Usual nonsense lifted from a conspiracy website.. :laugh4:

That won't stop some from claiming it was foretold in the bible.

A lot of people know that there have been several mass extinctions prior to us humans having been around and that the next one could involve our species, feck all to do with the bible, if you ask me.

The bible is the biggest conspiracy website and attracts conspiracy god fearing individuals.

There is a lot of nonsense being lifted from the bible to justify a fearful and vengeful god existing through the medium of scientific related mass extinctions through nature.

In fact religion in general has a lot to answer for.

There is a die back happening of certain species and we and the planet we live on are not that far away in terms of it affecting us.

Where religion and science meet , science has no middle ground when it comes to facts.

Edited by maroonlegions

Where religion and science meet , science has no middle ground when it comes to facts.

Speaking as someone who supports science, scientific facts are admittedly evidence-based and sometimes such evidence is inconclusive (there is not a black and white distinction between facts and non-facts, there is only a measure of probability that a specific scientific theory is correct).

I would say that is science's middle ground.

Speaking as someone who supports science, scientific facts are admittedly evidence-based and sometimes such evidence is inconclusive (there is not a black and white distinction between facts and non-facts, there is only a measure of probability that a specific scientific theory is correct).

I would say that is science's middle ground.

Sorry just read that bit again, i had  meant to say that "religion" has no middle ground when it comes to facts, it only has faith as its primary source.

The bible is the biggest conspiracy website and attracts conspiracy god fearing individuals.

There is a lot of nonsense being lifted from the bible to justify a fearful and vengeful god existing through the medium of scientific related mass extinctions through nature.

In fact religion in general has a lot to answer for.

There is a die back happening of certain species and we and the planet we live on are not that far away in terms of it affecting us.

There is an excellent book called "The Sixth Extinction" by Elizabeth Kolbert which talks about the incredible rate at which species are dying.  And they're dying because of human activity.  As far as how this will affect humans, the effect will be enormous, and it's not far away. 

Sorry just read that bit again, i had  meant to say that "religion" has no middle ground when it comes to facts, it only has faith as its primary source.

Ah, I get you. :thumbsup:

There is an excellent book called "The Sixth Extinction" by Elizabeth Kolbert which talks about the incredible rate at which species are dying.  And they're dying because of human activity.  As far as how this will affect humans, the effect will be enormous, and it's not far away. 

Aye i have heard about that book, will check it out. I can remember reading a book called "Nature's End" in which it speculates that nature will start to manifest a "regurgitation" period in which all types of weather pattern anomalies will be more prevalent. 

Also that in the future the natural order of things will be that fecked up that a massive die back through lack of resources and food will be the primary tool of nature as we know it ceasing to function in the way it is meant  to.

Surely Celtic getting nominated for a best fans award is a sign? We're all ****ed I tell you!

Aye ,nae going back if that happens.. back to the dark ages.. :laugh4:

J.T.F.Robertson

I was only half-kidding, Jim.

:byebye:

Ah ken that. Just me being my normal over thinking, pessimistic self. (can't seem to help myself)

Well as I predicted the other day, I'd be on here on the 24 September to say that I've lived through yet another 'end of the world' biblical 'fake news' prophecy pish.

I wonder what excuses the brainwashed fools will come up with to explain why they got it wrong, yet again.