Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo-Jimbo

But what about the prophecies in the bible?

Personally I don't believe it but for those who believe other things in the bible, why not this?

For someone who say's they don't believe in it, you sure do post a lot of links supporting it.

Do you not see the contradiction?

Unknown user

Personally I don't believe it but for those who believe other things in the bible, why not this?

That's a fair point, people who believe a bunch of ****ing fairy stories might well be impressed by drivel

Isn't that the same question you asked, more or less, in your first post on this thread on April 28?

• 2 weeks later...

Few days to go to this "claim":

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/691945/SHOCK-CLAIM-World-will-END-when-poles-flip-and-mega-earthquake-strikes-ON-JULY-29

Do some people just makes things up in the hope that one day they are right?

The law of averages says so, I suppose.

History is after all written by the winners.

Bible, WMD, WW1 and 2.

Fairy tales or not.

Watt-Zeefuik

Few days to go to this "claim":

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/691945/SHOCK-CLAIM-World-will-END-when-poles-flip-and-mega-earthquake-strikes-ON-JULY-29

Do some people just makes things up in the hope that one day they are right?

I posted this before, but lots of people go through phases of their life where it feels like their whole world is falling apart.  In particular, any time there's social, economic, and political turmoil, it's natural for people to have growing senses of worry, fear, and doom.

We live in a really individualistic time, so rather than seeing these problems as something to do with the place or society in which they live, lots of people can't see anything between their own individual selves and the world as a whole.  So if the world feels like it's falling apart around you, and you find something that matches with what the "end of the world" is supposed to look like, it gives that doom feeling a deep sense of meaning.  And people really like having their feelings mean something.

Once again, look throughout history for anyone who specified a date for the end of the world that wasn't in the immediate future.  You won't find it.  Nobody ever predicts the world will end on a specific date in 300 years, it's always in about six months.  (And anyone who points to the Mayan 21 Dec 2012 thing doesn't understand what the Mayan calendar said about that.)

Which should tell you it's a lot more about our need to feel important and less about an actual doomsday.

The worlds fecked, its just a matter of time.

Probably true, but it is all to do with explosive human population growth, and nothing to do with what's written in an ancient book.

Jambo-Jimbo

Probably true, but it is all to do with explosive human population growth, and nothing to do with what's written in an ancient book.

Absolutely.

God won't destroy the planet, we humans are well capable of doing that ourselves, and will do, eventually.

jack D and coke

I believe in our lives we'll see big changes and our children enormous ones. It simply has to happen or we're doomed as as species. We're ragging the shit out the earth all the time polluting like **** and getting larger and larger in numbers all for money and economies it's insanity. But nobody will do anything about it. Nobody wants to do anything about it is the sad thing. We like driving and flying and buying shit and wasting shit and dumping all our shit all over the place.

The daft ancient books might have something to do with it too. Not because what they have written is true but because too many people believe in the fairy stories.

Absolutely.

God won't destroy the planet, we humans are well capable of doing that ourselves, and will do, eventually.

That's probably why god fecked off, his weans wrecked his hoose.

Leave the planet out of this. The little blue dot has been around long before we appeared and will spin merrily on for a long, long time after we've shuffled off.

A split second in it's lifetime. 

maybe it is due to another ancient book

51eYqW4xkgL._AC_UL320_SR218,320_.jpg

:whistling:

Leave the planet out of this. The little blue dot has been around long before we appeared and will spin merrily on for a long, long time after we've shuffled off.

A split second in it's lifetime.

It'll reset when we've used up our credit.

maybe it is due to another ancient book

51eYqW4xkgL._AC_UL320_SR218,320_.jpg

:whistling:

Ah yes.  Kama Sutra is published and the planet's population increases dramatically.  Coincidence?  I think not.  :wink:

It'll reset when we've used up our credit.

Damn right and will keep doing so when the next set of beings rolls up, claiming it as theirs........aye right says Earth !

• 2 months later...
Jambo 4 Ever

http://endtimesforecaster.blogspot.co.uk/

Interesting updates...

"GOD chose Donald Trump to serve as the Republican presidential nominee. And he did it for one reason: To pave the way for the second coming of Jesus Christ"

maroonlegions

WW3 starts on Saturday, apparently.

Fecking down to SKYNET   nap.

moviepilot-contest-alien-vs-predator-vs-

hqdefault.jpg

Terminator-2-thumbs-up.jpg

WW3 starts on Saturday, apparently.

Raging, I've just bought all my rail tickets for working in Glasgow next week. Doubt I'll get a refund.

Auld Reekin'

Raging, I've just bought all my rail tickets for working in Glasgow next week. Doubt I'll get a refund.

Nah, you'll be OK - they could nuke it tomorrow and it'd look much the same as usual come Monday. Fewer mutants wandering around, if anything...   :whistling:   :innocent:    ;)     :toff:

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Interesting, if any thing, another world war  would most likely manifest in the Middle East, and a full scale  world war would probably go nuclear, so end times??

Analytical reporting focusing on nuclear threats against the United States
DEFCONWARNINGSYSTEM.COM

Edited by maroonlegions

Interesting, if any thing, another world war would most likely manifest in the Middle East, and a full scale world war would probably go nuclear, so end times??

http://defconwarningsystem.com/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/?/executive-order-coordinating-e?

The DEFCON Warning System

Analytical reporting focusing on nuclear threats against the United States

DEFCONWARNINGSYSTEM.COM

So basically Russia are going to use an EMP bomb on the USA, media blackout etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm worried, really worried, well I mean they don't have a good track record of predicting when the end of the world will come, I've lived through 78 or is it 79 end of the world predictions so far.

And now they are predicting nothing will happen   :sob:

Now I'm worried, really worried, well I mean they don't have a good track record of predicting when the end of the world will come, I've lived through 78 or is it 79 end of the world predictions so far.

And now they are predicting nothing will happen :sob:

That's a good point. Time to stock up on the tinned food.

How many ends of day since this started?

It's like a hibs.net, this is our year thread....shit.

A portend of the apocalypse if ever there was one. Hibs winning the big cup.

Well, one of the signs of the end times in the Christian tradition is God calling all the saints to him before the rapture.

Bowie, Prince, Cohen, Rickman, Lemmy, Gene, Gwen Ifill . . . you see where I'm going with this.

Well, one of the signs of the end times in the Christian tradition is God calling all the saints to him before the rapture.

Bowie, Prince, Cohen, Rickman, Lemmy, Gene, Gwen Ifill . . . you see where I'm going with this.

Haha

Do you think it is close?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
boy_in_maroon

I really have to laugh at articles like this,  ( not directed at you niblick1874 )  But the thought of all the millionaires, billionaires, etc etc, having these shelters built to survive nuclear war.  Who exactly is going to rebuild or do their hands on work when we working class minions are abolished and non existent? 

Is/would there really be any point in surviving such thing?

I really have to laugh at articles like this,  ( not directed at you niblick1874 )  But the thought of all the millionaires, billionaires, etc etc, having these shelters built to survive nuclear war.  Who exactly is going to rebuild or do their hands on work when we working class minions are abolished and non existent? 

Is/would there really be any point in surviving such thing?

Good questions. How about this one. If they have safe places to run to, will it make the decision to pull the plug (economic, war, whatever) easier for them to make?