Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They are smart enough not to do that. Perhaps the "legacy" left by Romanov was the stadium design proposal, which I thought was very good and fit for purpose. Only need to incorporate safe standing and it works to cover attendance growth for the next 20 at least.

I agree that they are smart, and I trust they will arrive at the correct plan of action.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cast No Shadow

If we put a new Main Stand up, it will certainly increase capacity, it just won't be the daft white elephant many punters are hoping for.

Most likely: 19,000-20,000. At a push: 21,000.

Safe standing is not daft to me. I see about 20-21k seats and 7-8k safe standing as in the old enclosure which was by a mile the best place to watch. We still have the best drawing capacity after you-know-who and it would be an error not to design for the future. I am intrigued as to what West Ham will draw with double capacity. It will seem empty with 40,000 in it and I agree we don't need or want that!

N1 - gone

N2 - 4

N3 - 87

P - 16

Q - 10

R - 8

S - 15

T1 - 32

T2 - 6

T3 - 87

Total 265

V- 19

W- 4

X - 14

Y - 20

Z- 22

Total 79

A - 68

B - 35

C - 6

D - 1

E - 27

F - 28

G - 99

Total - 264

H - 80

J - 8

Total - 88

Grand Total - 696

Under 700!

Does that mean there are going to be less than 700 tickets available for walk-ups?

Does that mean there are going to be less than 700 tickets available for walk-ups?

No - the club has kept back seats for pay-on-the-day, and issued a separate allocation for season tickets.

johnking123

Build a 10000 seater main stand. Change the roofing so the wheatfield stand corners cannot be filled in. Take us to 22-23000. But make sure its easy to build a larger wheatfield in the future.

FarmerTweedy

Safe standing is not daft to me. I see about 20-21k seats and 7-8k safe standing as in the old enclosure which was by a mile the best place to watch. We still have the best drawing capacity after you-know-who and it would be an error not to design for the future. I am intrigued as to what West Ham will draw with double capacity. It will seem empty with 40,000 in it and I agree we don't need or want that!

7-8k safe standing isn't going to take up any less space than 7-8k seating. If we build an new main stand, it's likely to have a capacity of around 8-10k, bringing the total capacity to around 21-23k, regardless of whether that's all-seated or a mix of safe standing and seating.

FarmerTweedy

Build a 10000 seater main stand. Change the roofing so the wheatfield stand corners cannot be filled in. Take us to 22-23000. But make sure its easy to build a larger wheatfield in the future.

That's how the roofing already is!

johnking123

Build a 10000 seater main stand. Change the roofing so the wheatfield stand corners can be filled in. Take us to 22-23000. But make sure its easy to build a larger wheatfield in the future.

FarmerTweedy

Build a 10000 seater main stand. Change the roofing so the wheatfield stand corners can be filled in. Take us to 22-23000. But make sure its easy to build a larger wheatfield in the future.

A 10k main stand would take the capacity to about 23k. I agree that would be enough, possibly more than enough, for the foreseeable future, but fully share your view that we must make sure that there is scope to add further capacity after that if we should find ourselves needing it. I'm not sure that will be possible at Tynecastle though, but I would hope it's something the board will explore.

As far as changing the roof structures to allow filling in of corners, I know it could be done, but I strongly suspect the cost would outweigh the benefits.

scott herbertson

a    62

b    40   

c    6    

d    1    

e    25    

f    27    

g    83    244

==========

h    75

j    8    83    

==========    

n1    8

n2    2   

n3    85    

p    14   

q    8 

r    8    

s    14    

t1    32    

t2    6    

t3    77    254

===========

v    17   

w    4    

x    12   

y    18   

z    22    73

===========

Total    654

Taking into account the 10 or 12 which were added back in N1 we are still selling a steady 10 a day or so  13,346 sold if 14,000 is taken as the agreed number on sale

As far as changing the roof structures to allow filling in of corners, I know it could be done, but I strongly suspect the cost would outweigh the benefits.

Agree with you there but how good would it be to watch the jambos from the corner again? It's a rare perspective at any British ground these days.

I agree entirely on the consolidation point, we need to get back to financial credibilty first and have a stable club. The number of people who seem to think that we have already achieved that is worrying, we still have some way to go.

The point remains though in the medium term that increased capacity is required to grwo the business but putting ourselves in the position to grow the business first is the priority. Sustained performance is required for a number of seasons to do that and there are obviously no guarantees of that.

Absolutely spot on and nails it on the head Sir...

We avoided losing our club like the old Rangers did and were saved by our incredible support...

All the absolute drivel spouted by either halfwits or bairns on here about 25k plus blah blah blah should be given a lifetime ban....

Lets get our business foundations built properly over next 2-3 years, make plans where ever that takes us but lets be pragmatic and not lose the special 12th man we have that not many do have in their locker in that we play in a stadium that is near to capacity most of the times or not far off it which is worth its weight in gold...

Sensible is the order of the day and that is most certainly what Levein Budge etc are about, not pie in the sky merchants...

We avoided losing our club like the old Rangers did and were saved by our incredible support...

All the absolute drivel spouted by either halfwits or bairns on here about 25k plus blah blah blah should be given a lifetime ban....

Lets get our business foundations built properly over next 2-3 years, make plans where ever that takes us but lets be pragmatic and not lose the special 12th man we have that not many do have in their locker in that we play in a stadium that is near to capacity most of the times or not far off it which is worth its weight in gold...

Sensible is the order of the day and that is most certainly what Levein Budge etc are about, not pie in the sky merchants...

pretty much agree........having a stadium regularly over 95% full is impressive and builds the matchday/evening atmosphere, also being surrounded by the tenements/ school etc. is much better than a sterile ground on the outskirts of the city..........

I agree entirely on the consolidation point, we need to get back to financial credibilty first and have a stable club. The number of people who seem to think that we have already achieved that is worrying, we still have some way to go.

The point remains though in the medium term that increased capacity is required to grwo the business but putting ourselves in the position to grow the business first is the priority. Sustained performance is required for a number of seasons to do that and there are obviously no guarantees of that.

I'm sure the people in charge think the same way as us.

They will make the right decisions when those decisions need to be made.

1.2 million turned up for the Scottish Cup return on the Sunday when we beat Rangers, so huge potential.

Re growing the support. The population of Edinburgh is forecast to grow by 25% upto about 620k over the next couple of decades. Already thousands of East Europeans (and others) have made a home in Edinburgh. I hope the club is doing all it can to attract these potential new fans?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Re growing the support. The population of Edinburgh is forecast to grow by 25% upto about 620k over the next couple of decades. Already thousands of East Europeans (and others) have made a home in Edinburgh. I hope the club is doing all it can to attract these potential new fans?

The club certainly will be. Are the fans though?

upgotheheads

1.2 million turned up for the Scottish Cup return on the Sunday when we beat Rangers, so huge potential.

That would have doubled Edinburgh's population for the day.

120 thousand more like, still a huge potential though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thank **** we don't only attract supporters from within the Edinburgh City limits, eh? :)

Francis Albert

Hearts said they had 19,000 season ticket applications in the summer of 2006.

I have no reason to doubt that, but going on a no-cost waiting list which gives a free option without commitment is not a good guide. Why wouldn't you sign on on the off chance that we'd be winning trophies and playing in the CL regularly.

As posted before when my son went on the Arsenal waiting list there was a quoted waiting time of 20 or 30 years. He had his ST within three years; presumably the majority of the waiting list were doing just that - waiting perhaps (understandably in the case of Arsenal) hoping that their lottery numbers came up.

But I am in the bigger stadium camp. Murrayfield showed the potential, with crowds for every game exceeding Tynecastle's capacity including a pre-season friendly against less than glamorous Spanish opposition. It also for me showed that Hearts could fare perfectly well in a new build stadium. The "old school" fans may not like the idea but a lot of people particularly new or less committed fans would I think prefer a more comfortable. more "family friendly" and spacious ground, with enough seats to have the option of moving if you get stuck next to some old school bam pot. Like it or not it isn't just that Edinburgh's population is growing but it is becoming even more middle class - safety and comfort will count for more than "safe standing areas". though by all means have those as well if we can.

THIRABHESES

Good point here. Growth cannot be restricted. The very strange case of Celtic always intrigued me.

They were nearly 100 years old before they achieved a 40,000 home average, for many years even HMFC were better supported.

Then and suddenly they started to have a 60,000 home average, proving to me that the Worlds worst movie in Field of Dreams concept seemed to work! Where did Celtic suddenly find 20,000 MORE fans???

I have said on here many times that essentially the Romanov model stadium is the go for us in the future but only after we are sustainable on the field and with our financial/commercial activity. There is to me no reason whatsoever why we cannot ultimately sell 20,000 + season tickets in a 28,000 capacity stadium with a few thousand in very reasonably priced safe standing. Our growth potential is most interesting and please remember the line "there is nothing to compare with the Hearts" is absolutely true and very sellable! The Directors know they have a gem to sell so we will let them carefully iterate towards our true potential and collective goal. Exciting times methinks.

Celtic , pre-Fergus were notorious for fiddling their attendance figures . When he came in they had 7000 season ticket holders we had 5000 . Simple reason the 'families' wanted cash at the gate . They weren't the only ones to do it but they were probably the last premier club in Scotland to promote ST for their fans . I seem to remember some kind of turnstile counting system had to be installed by all the clubs ,Celtic delayed doing this for years .Working in Glasgow it was a standing joke with the Celtic fans reading the attendance figures on a Monday morning . None of them seemed to be concerned that maybe their club was being ripped off , and Rangers were running away from them financially

If Hearts manage to qualify for European competition next season it might be an idea to register Murrayfield as our home ground for European games only.

This would give the club an idea of the potential support available. A lot of fans do not like Murrayfield due to its size but the last time we played our European matches there we exceeded Tynecastle's capacity on each occasion.

If we had used Murrayfield for the Games against Spurs and Liverpool we would have had over 30000 imo 

portobellojambo1

Celtic , pre-Fergus were notorious for fiddling their attendance figures . When he came in they had 7000 season ticket holders we had 5000 . Simple reason the 'families' wanted cash at the gate . They weren't the only ones to do it but they were probably the last premier club in Scotland to promote ST for their fans . I seem to remember some kind of turnstile counting system had to be installed by all the clubs ,Celtic delayed doing this for years .Working in Glasgow it was a standing joke with the Celtic fans reading the attendance figures on a Monday morning . None of them seemed to be concerned that maybe their club was being ripped off , and Rangers were running away from them financially

It was something that a lot of clubs did back in the day. They did want cash through the turnstiles, but they then understated their crowds quite dramatically as they only had to pay tax based on the attendance quoted, and if they underquoted the overall attendance and overquoted the number of ST holders it was more money in their back pocket. Now, because most of the income is derived from ST's and the tax has already been paid they can overquote crowds when anyone at the games knows the actual number inside the stadium are a lot less. The last time we played Celtic at Parkhead the crowd was quoted at nearly 47,000, you were lucky if there were 20,000 in the stadium.

The main stand needs to be replaced sooner rather than later and that is going to cost big bucks.Burying our head isn't an option i'm afraid and we will need to take on debt of some sort, that is the reality of the situation..............

Footballfirst

It was more to do with gate sharing in the past.  The lower the attendance, the less that had to be handed over to your opponents.

Pans Jambo

Wee fergus saved that club. They were dying & they were getting nowhere near 60k a home game. More like 25k at the time. TNCASTLE is spot on for me, when we are ready to re-build/move we should aim for 25 - 30k. We will fill it if there's success on the park.

Wee fergus saved that club. They were dying & they were getting nowhere near 60k a home game. More like 25k at the time. TNCASTLE is spot on for me, when we are ready to re-build/move we should aim for 25 - 30k. We will fill it if there's success on the park.

totally agree. We all remember the Celts biscuit tin accounting pre Fergus.  The rebuilding of the old main stand will allow for 2,000 plus additional seats.  Because the stand is genuinely historic, this may galvanise public interest, and different finance options.  

The main stand needs to be replaced sooner rather than later and that is going to cost big bucks.Burying our head isn't an option i'm afraid and we will need to take on debt of some sort, that is the reality of the situation..............

Where did I say the main stand doesnt need replaced!???

Hell yeah it does but thats been the case for 25 plus years....3-5 years isnt gonna hurt much more....

Burying head in sand ya say!??? Oh dearie me, haha, yeah thats exactly what it is :/

Nexxxxxt........

Big danger for me is we start inviting 10k+ away supports again. Personally I hated that. Much more preferable to have them small in number and tucked away in a corner.

FarmerTweedy

Agree with you there but how good would it be to watch the jambos from the corner again? It's a rare perspective at any British ground these days.

I watched us from a corner at Livvy, far prefer being in section B at Tynie, half way to the half way line, tbh!

FarmerTweedy

That would have doubled Edinburgh's population for the day.

120 thousand more like, still a huge potential though.

I couldn't decide whether 1.2m was satire or what!

Big danger for me is we start inviting 10k+ away supports again. Personally I hated that. Much more preferable to have them small in number and tucked away in a corner.

I don't agree, what we all need is ease of attendance for everybody so that people go to games. This is not to mention the revenue ramifications. I know we get morons as some away fans, we fix that game-to-game.

It amazes me that Hibs and Rangers "restricted" the amount of our fans and in the former example happy to have an empty stadium despite having a demand. This whole thread is bums on seats. If seats are spare---fill 'em.

The powers that be are overly concerned by "trouble". It is just wrong and unproductive to blame fans of clubs like (say) Aberdeen, Dundee or Partick Thistle for the obscene excesses of Celtic fans quite recently at Tynecastle.

We all want Tynecastle to be an intimidating place for teams to come to but it should also be a friendly place for away fans with as many seats available to them so that 100% capacity is taken up.

So a small number tucked away in a corner does not get us anywhere and just discourages away fan attendance. Edinburgh is a great place to visit if your are not from here. What if we were the most welcoming and friendly club in the league?

I remember when Morton had that reputation way back in the Hal Stewart days, it was just great fun going to Greenock and no "problem " I ever experienced. Perhaps we could encourage other clubs fans to congregate at nominated venues via fan forums and present them with a token to commemorate the match!

We are at a new beginning in our fabulous club's history, whomever from wherever is prepared to buy tickets, within reason are very very welcome.

More than a fifth of the population of Scotland at the time? Don't think so somehow.

scott herbertson

I don't agree, what we all need is ease of attendance for everybody so that people go to games. This is not to mention the revenue ramifications. I know we get morons as some away fans, we fix that game-to-game.

It amazes me that Hibs and Rangers "restricted" the amount of our fans and in the former example happy to have an empty stadium despite having a demand. This whole thread is bums on seats. If seats are spare---fill 'em.

The powers that be are overly concerned by "trouble". It is just wrong and unproductive to blame fans of clubs like (say) Aberdeen, Dundee or Partick Thistle for the obscene excesses of Celtic fans quite recently at Tynecastle.

We all want Tynecastle to be an intimidating place for teams to come to but it should also be a friendly place for away fans with as many seats available to them so that 100% capacity is taken up.

So a small number tucked away in a corner does not get us anywhere and just discourages away fan attendance. Edinburgh is a great place to visit if your are not from here. What if we were the most welcoming and friendly club in the league?

I remember when Morton had that reputation way back in the Hal Stewart days, it was just great fun going to Greenock and no "problem " I ever experienced. Perhaps we could encourage other clubs fans to congregate at nominated venues via fan forums and present them with a token to commemorate the match!

We are at a new beginning in our fabulous club's history, whomever from wherever is prepared to buy tickets, within reason are very very welcome.

Excellent post and I couldn't agree more.

I see no reason why for the smaller games we couldn't market packages for 'weekenders' in section L - could be included in holiday packages. We should be trying to fill every seat for every match

More than a fifth of the population of Scotland at the time? Don't think so somehow.

Think it was more like 80000 - 100000?

Think it was more like 80000 - 100000?

Hackney Hearts

Edinburgh needs to become a football city first

That's quite odd coming straight after the previous post!

Instead of one bus our club takes 3 or 4 any finals. More than 50% that went will never buy a season ticket.

We need scooe to grow organically but be very carefully not to get too far ahead of what is feasible.

Phil D. Corners

No - the club has kept back seats for pay-on-the-day, and issued a separate allocation for season tickets.

Just wondering, how does the club hold back walk up seats. Every time I've got tickets I have been able to choose seats all around the ground. It's never been just one or two sections available.

I was just thinking that all seats would be currently available for season tickets to choose, and when we hit our 14,000 or whatever limit the remaining would be for walks ups?

Just wondering, how does the club hold back walk up seats. Every time I've got tickets I have been able to choose seats all around the ground. It's never been just one or two sections available.

I was just thinking that all seats would be currently available for season tickets to choose, and when we hit our 14,000 or whatever limit the remaining would be for walks ups?

its just a section of Roseburn held back for walk ups

Watt-Zeefuik

still closer than 1.2 million.

It's 1.2 million in Aberdeen fan math.

scott herbertson

a    61

b    40   

c    6    

d    1    

e    25    

f    27    

g    78    238

==========

h    74

j    6   80    

==========    

n1    7

n2    1  

n3    84    

p    13   

q    8 

r    8    

s    14    

t1    28    

t2    6    

t3    75    244

===========

v    17   

w    4    

x    12   

y    18   

z    21   72

===========

Total    634

Still selling a steady 10 a day or so  13,366 sold if 14,000 is taken as the agreed number on sale

Archived