Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Just to add my tuppenceworth, if we do get an increased capacity I think it will be at a new stadium and not a redeveloped Tynecastle.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some ground share with Edinburgh Rugby.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No!  They seem to have removed a number of seats from sale in Section G, with the seats immediately next to the side wall unavailable.

a    67    

b    41    

c    6    

d    1    

e    25    

f    30    

g    86    256

==========

h    80    

j    8    88    

==========    

n1    0    

n2    4    

n3    85    

p    16    

q    9    

r    8    

s    15    

t1    32    

t2    6    

t3    83    258

===========

v    19    

w    4    

x    14    

y    20    

z    22    79

===========

Total    681

seem to have cleared bottom of H too

It isn't, and your post confirms that you're not actually trying to argue a point you believe in, but just arguing with people for the sake of it, much like you've done on many other threads. It's a wonder you don't get bored of it!

It doesn't confirm that. Please don't stoop to ad hominem attacks.

Footballfirst

seem to have cleared bottom of H too

Those seem to have just gone in the last few minutes.  I know that the numbers can vary temporarily, particularly in the main stand, as prospective buyers take the opportunity to check the view from a particular seat.

Those seem to have just gone in the last few minutes.  I know that the numbers can vary temporarily, particularly in the main stand, as prospective buyers take the opportunity to check the view from a particular seat.

Odd that the changes to G & H happened following J & H going red. Suggests something planned...

Hackney Hearts

vainglorious ******-swinging 

Definition of being a football fan! Please don't ban it.

Definition of being a football fan! Please don't ban it.

Oh we can still do that. Just not in ways that cost us millions of pounds.

Footballfirst

Odd that the changes to G & H happened following J & H going red. Suggests something planned...

The column of seats closest to the side wall in A are also unavailable for sale.  There may have been some comments on restricted views that has resulted in the club acting on it.

Watt-Zeefuik

As per request, I've bumped the prior stadium thread and commented there regarding seats and finances.

Thanks to the dot counters for their hard work.

Francis Albert

Your point is still wrong. That's the only response you can give, which let's me know that you accept this too.

It's nothing more than the same vainglorious ******-swinging that got us into three decades of hand to mouth existence.

We've lived a hand to mouth existence for almost all of our existence. The current main stand almost bankrupted the club but I doubt many would argue it was a mistake to build it.

As for the nonsense about only catering for the hard core support and telling the occasional supporter to just FO, we'd have lived an even more hand to mouth existence and have had to break up successful teams even sooner if people hadn't had the foresight to increased the capacity to accomodate 40,000 plus crowds when our hard core was never more than half that.

Francis Albert

22000 to 23000 would be a good size stadium for us. Main stand is costing us over quarter a million a season to keep running. Would be nice to be able to build bigger in the future if needed. Bigger wheatfield stand. Tinkering with the other stands to make it easier. But main stand is priority.

Where does the quarter of a million come from? I've even seen ?1m a year quoted. I don't remember seeing maintenance costs at this level even for the whole ground in the accounts. And if ?2.5m has been spent on the old stand in the last decade there is little to show for it (OK I know rewiring and replumbing and the like isn't necessarily visible, but ?2.5m would go a long way even with plumbers and electricians).

I can't stand all the backward-looking, past-average-counting, glass-half-empty defeatist (realist, no defeatist) chat. If you keep reducing the size of your stadium, guess what: the average attendance will get smaller too. Build a 20,000 capacity Tynecastle and we'll never see 28,000+ attendance for Hearts v the likes of Siroki Brijeg, or 28K+ at Hearts v Hibs for that matter. To suggest we are a small club with not very many supporters is defeatist and factually incorrect. This mentality that we are small and will never grow bigger than we are at present GUTS me, it depresses me to hear such a lack of ambition. For the love of Hearts, HAVE SOME AMBITION!

Seriously grow up man....or dont post juvenile claptrap....

Just to add my tuppenceworth, if we do get an increased capacity I think it will be at a new stadium and not a redeveloped Tynecastle.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some ground share with Edinburgh Rugby.

wouldn't want rugby played on a Hearts pitch as it would be ruined in no time at all.

wouldn't want rugby played on a Hearts pitch as it would be ruined in no time at all.

probably not an option now thankfully

They seem to have some options including Easter Road, Meadowbank and Raeburn Place (subject to them getting their alcohol licenses to fund new ground)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Bottom line is that something has to be done to the main stand, even if it's only to modernise without increasing the capacity.

I'm kind of with 2na here. Adding six or seven thousands seats to the current capacity is probably more expense and effort than it's worth. And we wouldn't fill a 30k stadium

Every club that has moved & build a new stadium has had a huge increase in crowds regardless of how the team is playing. People want good facilities & good pricing too. Just over 20k applied for a season ticket when the mad Russian swept in lol. People that just want a wee 20k stadium should go and watch the wee team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unknown user

Every club that has moved & build a new stadium has had a huge increase in crowds regardless of how the team is playing. People want good facilities & good pricing too. Just over 20k applied for a season ticket when the mad Russian swept in lol. People that just want a wee 20k stadium should go and watch the wee team!

I hope you have something to back that up with cos it sounds like you pulled it out of the air

I hope you have something to back that up with cos it sounds like you pulled it out of the air

I suspect he has.  We only need to look towards Leith to disprove this theory.

FarmerTweedy

I suspect he has.  We only need to look towards Leith to disprove this theory.

Where did h1b5 move from to Leith, and what were their crowds before and after they moved?

Doncaster?

My back of the envelope calculations suggest that we'd need to sell out about 4 times a season on average to financially justify the capacity.

IMO for what it's worth. 22k-23k stadium. funded by Fan's, Investment from local businesses, and Sponsorship. I think in time it would be justified and in time would bring in more revenue, I also believe that we do have the people to make this happen in time.

My back of the envelope calculations suggest that we'd need to sell out about 4 times a season on average to financially justify the capacity.

Depends what capacity you are meaning.

I wonder how much a revamped main stand would cost ? It would only take another 5500 seats to give us a 23k capacity.

Personally I would wish the club to stay at Tynecastle. Moving would be a last resort imo

We are not going to get the crowds to justify a 25k + Stadium, Not for domestic matches anyway.

Moving from Tynecastle would be a massive gamble. it would feel as if the Heart had been ripped out of the club imo

Gorgie_Rules

Out if interest how have clubs in England financed new stadiums, the like of Brighton, MK Dons, Rotherham (?). Bank loan, rich investor, community aided or something else?

portobellojambo1

Where does the quarter of a million come from? I've even seen ?1m a year quoted. I don't remember seeing maintenance costs at this level even for the whole ground in the accounts. And if ?2.5m has been spent on the old stand in the last decade there is little to show for it (OK I know rewiring and replumbing and the like isn't necessarily visible, but ?2.5m would go a long way even with plumbers and electricians).

I'm not sure where the poster you were quoting got his figure from (i.e. ?250k) but having been at a recent meeting attended by Ann Budge it is a substantial amount we pay each year, certainly in excess of ?150k. From the conversation taking place at the meeting what I discovered is that one of the the main problems in the main stand relates to water, and sadly in most cases it isn't down to the state of the main stand, but unfortunately very much down to the stupidity of some who sit in the main stand and what they get up to in the toilets, playing about with stop cocks, jamming up sinks with paper towels, leaving taps running, being examples, which have caused flooding and associated costs.

Footballfirst

I'm not sure where the poster you were quoting got his figure from (i.e. ?250k) but having been at a recent meeting attended by Ann Budge it is a substantial amount we pay each year, certainly in excess of ?150k. From the conversation taking place at the meeting what I discovered is that one of the the main problems in the main stand relates to water, and sadly in most cases it isn't down to the state of the main stand, but unfortunately very much down to the stupidity of some who sit in the main stand and what they get up to in the toilets, playing about with stop cocks, jamming up sinks with paper towels, leaving taps running, being examples, which have caused flooding and associated costs.

At the AGM, a cost of ?250K was attributed to "Repairs and Maintenance".  It wasn't made clear how much related to the main stand or any other property, plant or machinery owned by the club.

I would guess that the main stand will be the largest item, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it was in excess of ?150K.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4041

6f8ff45e7963b810f06fae7399c9dd0f.png

Yes, Swansea City would be a good model.

indianajones

At the AGM, a cost of ?250K was attributed to "Repairs and Maintenance".  It wasn't made clear how much related to the main stand or any other property, plant or machinery owned by the club.

I would guess that the main stand will be the largest item, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it was in excess of ?150K.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4041

6f8ff45e7963b810f06fae7399c9dd0f.png

Is the 2mil mark a decent figure for running a football club? Also, is that 2mil a year without wages?

Seems a bit steep to me but I honestly have no idea.

Footballfirst

Is the 2mil mark a decent figure for running a football club? Also, is that 2mil a year without wages?

Seems a bit steep to me but I honestly have no idea.

Not a penny in wages out of that lot is invested in football staff.

indianajones

Not a penny in wages out of that lot is invested in football staff.

So on top of that 2mil we have an estimate of a what, 1.5mil wage bill too? 

JamboHeriot

So on top of that 2mil we have an estimate of a what, 1.5mil wage bill too?

Aye those figures don't include labour. Also remember Robbie, Craig and Ann's salaries, and the rest of the board. Also our other employees. Plus travel for the team etc.

indianajones

Aye those figures don't include labour. Also remember Robbie, Craig and Ann's salaries, and the rest of the board. Also our other employees. Plus travel for the team etc.

We still post a profit right?

No wonder Romanovs bank ended up dead!

JamboHeriot

We still post a profit right?

No wonder Romanovs bank ended up dead!

Aye when you add up all the figures it looks a bit daunting. Not seen the accounts myself but season ticket sales, TV money, advertising and FOH contributions (and money from player sales in the future) will make up the bulk of our income. Under the new regime it must be so that we are in the black, which says something for the amount of money going into the club.

Mad to think what our annual expenditure might have been under Vlad, and yes no wonder he is missing/dead!

Edit: realised you're talking about his bank and not him but I think my point is still valid!

Footballfirst

Let's say that Hearts would have run at a loss last season without FOH funds. The forecast at AGM time was to lose almost ?900K, but with ?1.4M from FOH we would be fine.

I suspect that we may be in a similar position this season, albeit with the income / expenditure gap closing significantly. (which is where we would want to be when we actually start repaying the BIDCO loan.

When you see the above costings for the detailed list, as well as players/ staff/ management ect.  It is easy to see how, say The Rangers International , although a larger club/stadium can fire through nearly 1.6 to 2 million a month...........

Prudence is indeed necessary, as if you look after the pennies, the pounds will look after themselves.

johnking123

Utilities was mostly new stand as well. Putting wash hand basins and dryers and many other things!     

Neither wonder we were asked to pay by cash or cheque. That's a lot of money out the door. It's reassuring that as well as growing the top line we're looking at cost avoidance too. I'll bet before BDO were involved the club was riddled with bad spend.

scott herbertson

The Number of the Beast.

a    64
b    41    
c    6    
d    1    
e    26    
f    27    
g    84    249
==========
h    78  
j    8    86    
==========    
n1    0    
n2    4    
n3    85    
p    15    
q    9    
r    8    
s    14    
t1    32    
t2    6    
t3    79    252
===========
v    19    
w    4    
x    14    
y    20    
z    22    79
===========
Total    666

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3KCbqhJt16k

The Number of the Beast.

a    64

b    41    

c    6    

d    1    

e    26    

f    27    

g    84    249

==========

h    78  

j    8    86    

==========    

n1    0    

n2    4    

n3    85    

p    15    

q    9    

r    8    

s    14    

t1    32    

t2    6    

t3    79    252

===========

v    19    

w    4    

x    14    

y    20    

z    22    79

===========

Total    666

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3KCbqhJt16k

Roughly what number of ST sales does that put us at?

scott herbertson

Roughly what number of ST sales does that put us at?

Received wisdom is we have approx 14,000 season tickets available for sale - so just subtracting the number left from 14,000 gives you the total. So yes roughly 13,334 sold.

I think we will have sold just under 13,500 when match tickets start to go on sale 17 July - after which we will not be able to count how many season tickets left unsold   :42:

scott herbertson

Still think people being paid now will take us closer to 14,000.

would be nice Doug but I think most people who are going to have one will have sorted it by now. May be alate rush nearer to the first game but that might be impacted by the seats being sold for that game starting 17th July

There will still be some people who will get their holiday out the way, then buy a season ticket. Doubt that there will be several hundred of them though.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Approx 13350

13.5k is what I expected us to sell so we are nearly there. The next two signings could just push sales on a bit more.

13.5k is what I expected us to sell so we are nearly there. The next two signings could just push sales on a bit more.

We are definitely maxing out now. Juanma's signing didn't have much impact and he is a striker which people tend to get more excited about.

Absolutely phenomenal effort and look on the bright side, there may be 500 more seats for walk ups which in turn gives us the possibility of more income every home game if we sell them. Perform on the park and that'll be no problem.

We must have brought in roughly 3.5m in season ticket money for 15/16 season.

Archived