Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Footballfirst

Very tired counting so this might have errors and come with a health warning but I make it there are 595 seats left not (sold 16 in the past 24 hours) meaning we have sold 13,405 season tickets.

As for the marketing of season tickets there is no doubt an early bird "reduced price" is a great idea and clearly works.  But this has to be then backed up with some kind "last chance" "Only way to see the team" campaign in the closing days before kick off!

Still 614 by my count

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Great to see so many season tickets sold but if we want to encourage new fans for the future it has to be possible for people to get tickets reasonably easily.

"Once you've gone maroon you'll never go green".

Doesn't rhyme but does ring true.

What's difficult about buying an ST in the approx. 2 month Phase One window?

What's difficult about buying an ST in the approx. 2 month Phase One window?

Plus the three or four day extension, on top.

Still 614 by my count

A 64

B 38

C  6

D  1

E 25

F 27

G 78

H 72

J   3

N1  1

N2  7

N3 83

P  11

Q  7

R  8

S  9

T1 24

T2  5

T3 76

V 14

W  4

Y 16

Z 21

612 left. Looks like we have more or less reached saturation point

A 64

B 38

C  6

D  1

E 25

F 27

G 78

H 72

J   3

N1  1

N2  7

N3 83

P  11

Q  7

R  8

S  9

T1 24

T2  5

T3 76

V 14

W  4

Y 16

Z 21

612 left. Looks like we have more or less reached saturation point

Looks like I might have missed a section somewhere somehow..... well 20 off isn't too shabby.....

FarmerTweedy

Looks like I might have missed a section somewhere somehow..... well 20 off isn't too shabby.....

1 off is unacceptable! Bloody amateur. There are standards to be maintained.

1 off is unacceptable! Bloody amateur. There are standards to be maintained.

Tough Crowd............ :peepwall:

loads of chances to practice and learn

we've all made mistakes at first

Champions15

Also from a preparation point of view. The earlier we sell tickets, the easier it is to make plans on recruitment, budgets, and other decisions.

If there was no incentive, folk could wait until the day before the season starts, so we would have no idea as to where we stand.

Totally agree with you about budgets etc,but didn't realise we had permission for

a safe standing area

Franco Fascione

Well, I for one appreciate your efforts. Keep it up big man.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A few will buy last minute. 13500 a great effort and more than a club of our size in the SPFL would normally achieve.

I said before the end of the cheap period that we would struggle to sell much more once that offer ended.. I was shot down by quiet a few who claimed that lots of people buy when the prices have been increased..

Having sold just over 13k during the cheap prices we are now hoping for a late rush to hopefully reach 13500.. It just goes to show that almost everyone will buy during the cheap prices and we are lucky with anything we sell beyond that point..

Let's hope people remember that in the coming seasons..

Francis Albert

I said before the end of the cheap period that we would struggle to sell much more once that offer ended.. I was shot down by quiet a few who claimed that lots of people buy when the prices have been increased..

Having sold just over 13k during the cheap prices we are now hoping for a late rush to hopefully reach 13500.. It just goes to show that almost everyone will buy during the cheap prices and we are lucky with anything we sell beyond that point..

Why exactly do we have to remember that?

Pretty sure you will have a point in there somewhere but for the life of me I have no idea what.

13500 season tickets is a tremendous effort that's the only thing people might want consider remembering.

What exactly is your point, and what exactly are we to remember?

portobellojambo1

I know it is the wrong thread really, but the number sold (which is a very good figure), the number of available seats remaining for walk ups and the number of seats which will be made available for visiting fans (and Celtic) are the sort of factors which people should consider when thinking about a refurbished ground, and the size needed. While there is nothing wrong in believing we could attract crowds of 25-30,000+ every week I think the reality is it is highly unlikely to happen. You will attract that sort of crowd depending on who we draw in Europe but not an a week by week basis. When you are planning for the future is it really necessary to build a large stadium, at additional cost, if it isn't needed for its core requirement, which is football in the SPFL. I still think a stadium of 20-23k will suffice for us going forward, and that is achievable at our present location.

Cast No Shadow

So, we'll be at 13,500 come the start of the season. A thousand more than last year and what most of us predicted.

Good stuff.

I know it is the wrong thread really, but the number sold (which is a very good figure), the number of available seats remaining for walk ups and the number of seats which will be made available for visiting fans (and Celtic) are the sort of factors which people should consider when thinking about a refurbished ground, and the size needed. While there is nothing wrong in believing we could attract crowds of 25-30,000+ every week I think the reality is it is highly unlikely to happen. You will attract that sort of crowd depending on who we draw in Europe but not an a week by week basis. When you are planning for the future is it really necessary to build a large stadium, at additional cost, if it isn't needed for its core requirement, which is football in the SPFL. I still think a stadium of 20-23k will suffice for us going forward, and that is achievable at our present location.

totally agree.  the redeveopment of the Main stand will allow 2000-3000 new seats/standing area.  Getting circa 14000 season ticketsand a healthy walkup figure should put Hearts in the black most seasons.  Having the best of both worlds, retaining Tynecastle while maximising use.....

No half empty stadium on the outskirts of Edinburgh.......

AlphonseCapone

Aye but apparently if you build a bigger stadium you become a bigger club.

How many fans would buy a season ticket if the could buy a seat next to a friend who already has a season ticket in a stand

where there is no spare seats beside them. I know someone who will buy a seat in the hope that he will come along with a mate

so he isn't sitting on his own. A bigger stadium could accommidate groups of friends sitting together.

kingantti1874

Aye but apparently if you build a bigger stadium you become a bigger club.

Well what you do is not limit yourself to being a smaller club.

How many fans would buy a season ticket if the could buy a seat next to a friend who already has a season ticket in a stand

where there is no spare seats beside them. I know someone who will buy a seat in the hope that he will come along with a mate

so he isn't sitting on his own. A bigger stadium could accommidate groups of friends sitting together.

There's hopefully 7-8,000 people holding off on buying tickets because they can't get a seat next to their mate. Otherwise it'd be difficult to justify a 25k seater stadium. Not being able to sit next to your bezzie is probably what's held this club back all these years.

It's astounding that thousands upon thousands of fans have the emotional level of a thirteen year old girl on a school bus, but there you go.

There's hopefully 7-8,000 people holding off on buying tickets because they can't get a seat next to their mate. Otherwise it'd be difficult to justify a 25k seater stadium. Not being able to sit next to your bezzie is probably what's held this club back all these years.

It's astounding that thousands upon thousands of fans have the emotional level of a thirteen year old girl on a school bus, but there you go.

I sit on my own and my pal has to sit on his own as well.

Neither of us would wish the club to go to the expense of a huge stadium just so we can sit together.

There's a group of blethering eejits that sit behind me in the main stand if they were sat on their own they might actually watch the game.

Something wrong with folk who are so insecure they cant go to the football without someone to hold their hand.

portobellojambo1

I was unaware there could be around 11000 fans out there who would go to games but do not because they cannot sit beside friends. I meet friends before and after the home games but we all sit in different parts of the ground, would never choose not to go because I cannot sit beside them during the game.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Not buying a season ticket because you can't hold hands with your friend, is he serious?

Francis Albert

Historically the stadium size was never dictated by "average" crowds. It was based on demand for big games. So we had a stadium with a capacity of over 50.000 when our average

attendance was never more than half that (and the average attendance would have of course been much lower if our capacity had not exceeded by a large margin our average attendance).

FarmerTweedy

Not buying a season ticket because you can't hold hands with your friend, is he serious?

It may seem daft to some people, but there will undoubtedly be some people who would only be interested in buying a season ticket if they could sit with friends/family. The fact is, though, that there are double, treble and upwards seats together in pretty much every part of the ground except the platinum area, so it's highly unlikely that that issue is actually stopping anyone.  I expect us to sell another couple of hundred or so before the season starts, as I reckon there will be some people who will have left it till after they get back from their summer hols before buying, and some other undecided folk will be swayed towards buying as the opening games get closer. I reckon that will get us to the point of there being little other than single seats available for season tickets.

Are people not getting that going to the football is more enjoyable if you go with your mates?

Are people not getting that going to the football is more enjoyable if you go with your mates?

I don't know. Has anyone written anything that gives you that impression?

20k max for me with much more hospitality available. That would maximise weekly revenue and minimise building costs. Could almost certainly do it on the current Main Stand/shop/car park footprint.

Unknown user

I can't argue with this, I really don't see a need for 20-30k

Hibs have just announced that "almost 7k" STs have been sold by the way.

Things have gone well since admin eh?

I don't know. Has anyone written anything that gives you that impression?

All the "holding hands" comments suggest that people who won't go without a mate are unusual.

I have no problem going to see the football on my own, or the cinema... I take a week off in August and go and see loads of Fringe shows by myself because it means I can suit myself and not have to compromise...

But the majority of people don't like doing things like that. When I tell people I'm happy going to the cinema on my own they think I'm weird.

I go to the games with a mate and would go most games without him or someone else.

But if it was a cup tie v Arbroath and he said "I have to work that night" I might just say "sod it I'll save my cash" rather than going on my own.

Maybe that means I'm not a PHM.

The simple fact is, single seats are harder to sell and that won't change based in a few people on here giving it the PHM / holding hands chat.

All the "holding hands" comments suggest that people who won't go without a mate are unusual.

I have no problem going to see the football on my own, or the cinema... I take a week off in August and go and see loads of Fringe shows by myself because it means I can suit myself and not have to compromise...

But the majority of people don't like doing things like that. When I tell people I'm happy going to the cinema on my own they think I'm weird.

I go to the games with a mate and would go most games without him or someone else.

But if it was a cup tie v Arbroath and he said "I have to work that night" I might just say "sod it I'll save my cash" rather than going on my own.

Maybe that means I'm not a PHM.

The simple fact is, single seats are harder to sell and that won't change based in a few people on here giving it the PHM / holding hands chat.

Nobody has said that it isn't (usually) better to go with mates. You may have picked up on that; i don't see anyone suggesting it,

Most people have made fun of the idea that the there are people out there not getting season tickets because they don't want to sit alone. Moreover, tynecastle as it is offers opportunity for anyone to sit with their mates if they choose to. It's a very silly idea for a number of reasons.

Nothing to do with being a PHM 

FarmerTweedy

20k max for me with much more hospitality available. That would maximise weekly revenue and minimise building costs. Could almost certainly do it on the current Main Stand/shop/car park footprint.

It wouldn't do either! More capacity would mean higher revenue, less capacity would mean lower building costs!

It wouldn't do either! More capacity would mean higher revenue, less capacity would mean lower building costs!

More capacity doesn't mean more revenue.

More people attending means more revenue. There's no good reason to believe we'd be getting significantly higher attendances

Yours is a castle built in the sky..

More capacity doesn't mean more revenue.

More people attending means more revenue. There's no good reason to believe we'd be getting significantly higher attendances

Yours is a castle built in the sky..

Or should that be "Yours is a TYNECASTLE built in the sky." :lol:

Jesus Christ :vrface: .

Rudolf's Mate

Is there really fans not going to games because they can't sit next to a mate? I can understand U14's but not older. I had mine in G years ago and wasn't sat with mates. Ok they weren't exactly far away and we moved depending on people not turning up but I'd have never dreamed of not getting a ST.

it's good that we have so many phm on here that would buy a season ticket no matter what but that isn't the issue. We want to attract new fans and it is a lot easier to get guys to get their first season tickets. If they can sit together

it's good that we have so many phm on here that would buy a season ticket no matter what but that isn't the issue. We want to attract new fans and it is a lot easier to get guys to get their first season tickets. If they can sit together

There's nothing stopping folk getting seats with their mates in tynie as it is. It's a shite point.

We don't need another 10k seats to let folk sit with their pals.

Yep agreed. Everything we can do to help to make it easier for new fans to make the decision the better.

jambo-rocker

Somebody might be able to help a brother out here. My ST in section N2 is in row I, however on eTickets it doesn't seem to exist.

Am I sitting in some completely secret area of the stadium that allows for a room with a trampoline at half time, or have the etickets site forgotten to include the row?

mainstandjambo

Back on to topic of sales

Wheatfield   -   233

Gorgie         -    64

Main            -   232

Roseburn    -    74

Total           -   603

yes

its also great meeting new people

Also not everyone has lots of "mates"

but yes some people can't do anything on their own

All roads lead to Gorgie

yes

its also great meeting new people

Also not everyone has lots of "mates"

but yes some people can't do anything on their own

Another plus point in having mates in other parts of the ground is you can swap seats now and again and watch from a different angle.I have done that once or twice and sometimes it brightens a long season, change is as good as a rest as they say.

There's nothing stopping folk getting seats with their mates in tynie as it is. It's a shite point.

We don't need another 10k seats to let folk sit with their pals.

I sit in the back row of the Wheatfield and without checking I'd be willing to bet if a third mate wanted to sit with us, he couldn't, giving us the option of giving up prime seats to get soaked in row three all winter.

If we had an extra stand I would be more inclined to move to sit half way up giving a mate who wouldn't otherwise by a ST a place to sit.

It's not a big issue, but it's not a non existent one and one that will remain if demand stays as it is.

Hibs announce ALMOST 7000 season tickets sold to date.

The begging letters and phone calls are underway....

'While this is positive, this also means that around 1200 fans at this stage have still to renew. We?ve been contacting as many of these fans as possible, and the majority of them are telling us that they do intend to renew, and again that?s terrific. However, around one in four of those we have been in touch with have not yet decided to renew.'

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hibs announce ALMOST 7000 season tickets sold to date.

The begging letters and phone calls are underway....

'While this is positive, this also means that around 1200 fans at this stage have still to renew. We?ve been contacting as many of these fans as possible, and the majority of them are telling us that they do intend to renew, and again that?s terrific. However, around one in four of those we have been in touch with have not yet decided to renew.'

In Hibs speak 6001 is ALMOST 7000 so I would take that with a pinch of salt !

I sit in the back row of the Wheatfield and without checking I'd be willing to bet if a third mate wanted to sit with us, he couldn't, giving us the option of giving up prime seats to get soaked in row three all winter.

If we had an extra stand I would be more inclined to move to sit half way up giving a mate who wouldn't otherwise by a ST a place to sit.

It's not a big issue, but it's not a non existent one and one that will remain if demand stays as it is.

Demand won't stay as it is. Historically it just doesnt.

You could probably get decent seats if you were quick off the mark.

The 'demand' is so minimal as to be utterly ignored immediately.

Rudolf's Mate

Lets spend millions on a bigger stadium just so some precious wee souls can sit together :rofl:

I'm all for getting new fans through the door but some of the guff being put forward as serious proposals :lol:

Just so there's no doubt. I think 23k stadium would be more than enough. If we did consider larger then I would hope that it would be largely taken up with safe standing. 

Sitting together is probably bottom of the list of reasons to get a new stadium/stand...

The top reasons are the age of the old stand, that fact that we're sold out every week and growing as a club on and off the park in a city that is also projected to grow massively over the next few years.

As I said, it's one of a number of things people will consider when making a decision on ST purchase and if someone is able to sit with a mate it might just sway their decision.

Archived