Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

It's correct, but I didn't say it?  Even though you've quoted the post where I did say it immediately below where you say I didn't say it?  And you wonder why you get accused of trying to wind people up?

:wtf:

You didnt say it maximizes revenue, you said it increases revenue. They're different things

Take the time to read what people are writing; you're getting wound up, but its not because of what i'm saying. You're doing this to yourself.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To avoid the meta-discussion for a bit and try to get back to actual substance.  I and many others have made the point that for any additional seat to be a net positive regarding club income, it needs to be sold at an average of about ?20/seat six times per season.  

a) Do you agree or disagree with that metric of revenue?  If you disagree, why?

B) Based on that threshold, what do you think is the number of seats we can reliably sell six times per season?

I think that even at our current size, we could sell 22-23k seats six times a year any time but in our most dire years. If you don't disagree with a), I would be interested to know what you think the number for B) is.

a) don't care. honestly that's just bafflingly boring. good luck to you with it, but, **** me, that's dull. It smacks of self-importance and ignorance.

b ) see above

Anything much more than 22k is just wasteful; i don't need to pretend i know what i'm talking about to come to a figure like that.

Be good to get this 98 sold. Great already but 13500 would be a cracking effort. HHGH

FarmerTweedy

a) don't care. honestly that's just bafflingly boring. good luck to you with it, but, **** me, that's dull. It smacks of self-importance and ignorance.

b ) see above

Anything much more than 22k is just wasteful; i don't need to pretend i know what i'm talking about to come to a figure like that.

Ugly, there's no point trying to engage this guy in a proper conversation, you just get crap like the bit in bold!

FarmerTweedy

You didnt say it maximizes revenue, you said it increases revenue. They're different things

Take the time to read what people are writing; you're getting wound up, but its not because of what i'm saying. You're doing this to yourself.

I never said, or claimed to say, anything maximises revenue, but then you already know that, don't you?

It's amazing how many times I've clicked on the 'season ticket' thread only to read through complete bollocks totally unrelated to the amount of tickets we've sold.

What would be really good, would be a voting button to rid the site of serial phuds.

FarmerTweedy

Could we organise a vote for the most boring poster on Kickback?

Yes, I think I'd be in the hunt, and I never win anything! Of course, I wouldn't be voting for myself!

I've only ever put one poster on ignore but I just can't bring myself to do it with 2na. It's car crash stuff every thread but I just can't look away!

Are people not getting that going to the football is more enjoyable if you go with your mates?

Like what has happened at Hibs? The magic "massive stadium" formula is really working for them eh?

I never said, or claimed to say, anything maximises revenue, but then you already know that, don't you?

I know, that's why i said, "You didnt say it maximizes revenue, you said it increases revenue." 

You did say it increases income however and, as was my original point, it doesn't. Increased capacity doesnt increase revenue. Increased attendance does.

You've still never interacted with that very simple point for some reason and prefer to talk about what you didnt say or taking metaphors literally. 

I know, that's why i said, "You didnt say it maximizes revenue, you said it increases revenue." 

You did say it increases income however and, as was my original point, it doesn't. Increased capacity doesnt increase revenue. Increased attendance does.

You've still never interacted with that very simple point for some reason and prefer to talk about what you didnt say or taking metaphors literally. 

Enough! Please stop, you're seriously doing my paps in fella.

Watt-Zeefuik

:facepalm: "Castles built in the air" but can't be bothered to do a bit of mathematics.

I apologize to all and sundry on this thread for continuing this farce any further.

In penance, I've done a dot count:

Main: 232

Gorgie: 64

Wheatfield: 229

Roseburn: 70

Total:

A few less than Scott's -- hope those are real sales and not my poor counting ability.

(I'm going to take an hour here and see if I can't code some kind of image recognition software to do this automatically, unless of course that would take away some of the fun...) 

scott herbertson

:facepalm: "Castles built in the air" but can't be bothered to do a bit of mathematics.

I apologize to all and sundry on this thread for continuing this farce any further.

In penance, I've done a dot count:

Main: 232

Gorgie: 64

Wheatfield: 229

Roseburn: 70

Total:

A few less than Scott's -- hope those are real sales and not my poor counting ability.

(I'm going to take an hour here and see if I can't code some kind of image recognition software to do this automatically, unless of course that would take away some of the fun...) 

blasphemy!

Burn the witch!

The Treasurer

Sorry if already covered, been out the loop abit, but D and N2 now red!!

I prefer the maroon seats  TBH  :uhoh2:

I haven't noticed any info for when the window for season tickets closes.

The league starts in 3 weeks, so I'm guessing about 10 days?

scott herbertson

Think you can buy them any time but they will start selling single tickets soon so it will be the end of the season ticket dot count thread

...sobs uncontrollably

The Treasurer

I would expect they will remain on sale until there are none left.

b ) see above

:cornette:

Watt-Zeefuik

blasphemy!

Burn the witch!

:lol: Fine. How about something which plots the dot counts over time?  Or is that yet more witchcraft?

A little bit sudden and short notice to issue a deadline but fair dos, people have had plenty time.

First game tickets go on sale the following day.

Great result.

And still plenty work for the dot counters. Club taking that into account.

Footballfirst

A little bit sudden and short notice to issue a deadline but fair dos, people have had plenty time.

Looks like the early deadline has prompted a few into buying one today (even in the last couple of hours).

Wheatfield - 226

Roseburn - 62

Main - 226

Gorgie - 60

Total - 574

Cast No Shadow

A good move by the club. Hopefully we use all of Section K for the first game and not just half of it.

Do we know how much above the 13k we ended up with?

above says 574 left

we believe around 14,000 were available = just short of 13,500 sold

above says 574 left

we believe around 14,000 were available = just short of 13,500 sold

Cheers Mikey. That's excellent actually. Roll on the start of the season.

Unknown user

:cornette:

:lol:

Thanks for quoting that one- I blocked all Single Fish a while ago but gems like that make me wonder what other comedy moments I'm missing!

Cast No Shadow

Are there discounts for students wishing to purchase S/Ts ?.

Of course: student prices.

Maroon Mayhem

Full time students pay the same as over 65's. About 30% less than an adult.

Marooned In Oz

Going into my last year of study and mine was 195.

Fantastic value - only a 15 quid increase from last year

The Treasurer

Great result.

And still plenty work for the dot counters. Club taking that into account.

I'm surprised by this deadline.

I would have thought they should remain on sale until the first game of the season.

Of course the club may feel (quite rightly) that the first game could/should be a sell-out therefore they will want to make the maximum number of tickets available for "walk-up's" for this game.

I would have thought they should remain on sale until the first game of the season.

Of course the club may feel (quite rightly) that the first game could/should be a sell-out therefore they will want to make the maximum number of tickets available for "walk-up's" for this game.

They could continue to sell season tickets no problem.

I remember a few years ago getting season tickets on the day of the first game of the season. I picked my season ticket seats. Unfortunately the seats were already sold to walk up punters for the game that day, so I was given a couple nearby, no problem. 

They could continue to sell season tickets no problem.

I remember a few years ago getting season tickets on the day of the first game of the season. I picked my season ticket seats. Unfortunately the seats were already sold to walk up punters for the game that day, so I was given a couple nearby, no problem. 

I am guessing that the problem would be those who want a season ticket nearer the first game but there are no seats available for them to switch to, if their seats are already taken..

Hopefully the first few games sell out quickly..

Going into my last year of study and mine was 195.

Fantastic value - only a 15 quid increase from last year

That's great, My oldest son, fancy's one, Me paying of course.  :scholar:

:lol:

Thanks for quoting that one- I blocked all Single Fish a while ago but gems like that make me wonder what other comedy moments I'm missing!

Quite a few!   :winkiss:

Yes, and they might not want any more season tickets so as to maximize income from walk ups for rest of season

kingantti1874

I enjoy fitba banter and the rest, but as we like a crack at our "supposed rivals", I mean really..........

greengingeruser-online.png@hibs.net private member lawrie_reilly.jpg Join Date Dec 2008 Location LEITH NO MORE Posts 3,720

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby viewpost-right.png

Half as many as the big team... ?

The Yams are selling junior seasons for ? 50. An adult buying a season can purchase two junior tickets for a total of ? 100.

I'm sure there will be a lot of scarf twirlers buying tickets for their sprogs to enhance the numbers and satisfy their big-team delusion.

What matters is the cash generated .

A quick scan through the last 12 years of our respective accounts shows Hibs gross turnover at ?87.6 million compared to theirs at ?96.5 million. ( player sales excluded )

They are only 10% ahead of us despite the crazy spending of Romanov. Big Team my A ***

Just read this thread where one of their own fans corrected ten to say hibs were actually selling them for ?25 :rofl: they then try and justify it by saying that only applies to one area of the stadium where at hearts it's most areas ... But then they subsequently realise they haven't managed to sell out the ?25 zone :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

They really are a bunch of fecking zoomers

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just read this thread where one of their own fans corrected ten to say hibs were actually selling them for ?25 :rofl: they then try and justify it by saying that only applies to one area of the stadium where at hearts it's most areas ... But then they subsequently realise they haven't managed to sell out the ?25 zone :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

They really are a bunch of fecking zoomers

It's actually breathtaking. So deep are the wounds, they would have you believe 6700 is a greater number than 13500. Apparently our stadium is two thirds full of 11 year old now. Greenginger has actually cracked I think, waved goodbye to reality and flown off on a magic purple unicorn. :o

Seymour M Hersh

Why are we discussing lower league rubbish

It's where we still reside according to the Scotsman.

It's where we still reside according to the Scotsman.

Yes this is laughable. The bitterness extends to their Hibee journos who cannot bear to acknowledge Hearts are a top league team.

It's actually breathtaking. So deep are the wounds, they would have you believe 6700 is a greater number than 13500. Apparently our stadium is two thirds full of 11 year old now. Greenginger has actually cracked I think, waved goodbye to reality and flown off on a magic purple unicorn. :o

Just read through the thread on Bitters.net - should be headinthesand.net - seemingly ST sales of 7,000 (when they finally sell 7,000) is just tickety boo!

Petrie told them last year that their breakeven figure needed attendances of 12,000 - so where's the other 5,000 going to come from.

As for Greenginger he is becoming even more of a trumpet!   Trawling through the last 12 years of Hearts and Hibs accounts to inform the Bitters that Hearts are only 10% ahead on turnover.

12 years???   The relevant turnover figures in the last couple of years tell the real story and confirm that that bunch are in soapy bubble.

mainstandjambo

Wheatfield   216

Gorgie           62

Main            226

Roseburn      66

Total           570

Clerry Jambo

Wheatfield   216

Gorgie           62

Main            226

Roseburn      66

Total           570

Well fellow counter, looks as though we're looking at approx 1000 walk ups for match days, easy peasy!!!!!!!!

mainstandjambo

Well fellow counter, looks as though we're looking at approx 1000 walk ups for match days, easy peasy!!!!!!!!

Assuming no further season tickets sold we would have around 1150 seats available for walk ups as Section K holds 583. There is also possibility of hospitality seats being released if they don't sell out. 

Club are again giving ?25 off hospitality for season ticket holders who are willing to let club resell their ticket.

Archived