Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the final total, it's terrific.  If we cause excitement on the park I'm sure the FoH subscriptions will keep rising as well, slowly but surely.

scott herbertson

a    63

b    40   

c    6    

d    1    

e    26    

f    27    

g    83    246

==========

h    80 

j    8    88    

==========    

n1    0    

n2    3    

n3    83    

p    16    

q    9    

r    8    

s    14    

t1    32    

t2    6    

t3    80    251

===========

v    17   

w    4    

x    12   

y    20    

z    22    75

===========

Total    660

scott herbertson

Only 6 sold yesterday. Still great job though

3 have re-appeared since then so may have been reserved when I counted - think we'll sell a few this weekend what with people having been paid and the new signings, and the Irish tour

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dundee United just announced they have sold over 4000 season tickets so far

Is that good for them?

Cast No Shadow

They sold close to 6,000 last year apparently.

It's still only the 1st of July though and as a percentage of Dundee's population it's similar to ours in relative terms.

Is that good for them?

'SEASON TICKET RECORD SALES

August 31, 2014

Sales of Dundee United season tickets are now fast approaching 5600, breaking the Club?s record number of 5500 season tickets set in 2005.

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196&fid=101&sty=3&act=1&mid=2110755383#FIQjWHfqFB8iMd1s.99'

So down on last season but still time to increase

Guest Bilel Mohsni

August 31, 2014

Sales of Dundee United season tickets are now fast approaching 5600, breaking the Club?s record number of 5500 season tickets set in 2005.

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196&fid=101&sty=3&act=1&mid=2110755383#FIQjWHfqFB8iMd1s.99'

Cheers. More than Dundee so far, do you know?

Hungry hippo

They sold close to 6,000 last year apparently.

It's still only the 1st of July though and as a percentage of Dundee's population it's similar to ours in relative terms.

Celtic bought about a thousand United season ticket holders during the January transfer window.

Footballfirst

Sales have gone into reverse with the release of a few more seats in N1 which was previously sold out

Wheatfield - 249

Roseburn - 83

Main - 257

Gorgie - 75

Total - 664

August 31, 2014

Thats what happens when you sell the family silver.

scott herbertson

Sales have gone into reverse with the release of a few more seats in N1 which was previously sold out

Wheatfield - 249

Roseburn - 83

Main - 257

Gorgie - 75

Total - 664

Looks like we sold about 10 - 12 since yesterday so steady sales, should shift 20 or so over the weekend

Cast No Shadow

We'll get to 13,500 - the same as we got after winning the cup in 2006 - although we also had several thousands on a waiting list back then too.

We'll get to 13,500 - the same as we got after winning the cup in 2006 - although we also had several thousands on a waiting list back then too.

I thought 13000 this season so far was a record number ?

Cast No Shadow

I thought 13000 this season so far was a record number ?

It depends how you look at it. In 2006 we sold 13,500 but that included what used to be "Category B" season tickets.

Pretty sure the waiting list had an additional seven or eight thousand people on it. Nuts. :lol:

Back to 2005

It depends how you look at it. In 2006 we sold 13,500 but that included what used to be "Category B" season tickets.

Pretty sure the waiting list had an additional seven or eight thousand people on it. Nuts. :lol:

I'm not convinced that we had a waiting list at all. The club said we did at the time but they lied about a few things back then.

Marooned In Oz

I'm not convinced that we had a waiting list at all. The club said we did at the time but they lied about a few things back then.

This

kingantti1874

Na I know someone who was on it - no idea as to numbers -he may have been the only one for all j know but there absolutely was a list.. He got one the season after

The current Tynecastle capacity is about optimal for Hearts as this season's season ticket sales have proven.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The current Tynecastle capacity is about optimal for Hearts as this season's season ticket sales have proven.

Wouldn't agree with that, and I suspect the club won't either, but could be wrong. 13.5-14k season ticket holders in a 17.3k? stadium, that's a very high percentage of season ticket holders in a stadium, and with non ST supporters and away fans, 20k is perfectly reasonable, and taking in to account infrequent 20-25k+ crowds 22-25k is worth weighing up in terms of potential.

So no increase in capacity required for you? Totally disagree, we need to grow the club, but with sustainable debt

FarmerTweedy

We'll be selling out the ground regularly if we have even a half-decent season. If we have a good season, demand will be miles above our capacity.

And he's not praying

No, we need to build a new stand. Or we will be homeless!

An absolute myth, regularly spouted by Hibs fans that some Hearts fans seem to be lending credence to. :(

There are countless stands up and down the country in a worse state than our Main stand.

Should we have a better facility? Of course.

Do we need to replace it or we'll end up 'homeless'?  Please. :rofl: :rofl:

No, we need to build a new stand. Or we will be homeless!

Mmmmmmm care to explain more?

jamtartally

Think new stand and capacity of 20000 would be both sustainable in terms of debt and adequate in terms of demand.

jamboinglasgow

Wouldn't agree with that, and I suspect the club won't either, but could be wrong. 13.5-14k season ticket holders in a 17.3k? stadium, that's a very high percentage of season ticket holders in a stadium, and with non ST supporters and away fans, 20k is perfectly reasonable, and taking in to account infrequent 20-25k+ crowds 22-25k is worth weighing up in terms of potential.

I can never understand fans just accepting that there is a level that is maximum for fans. Any business looks to grow itself, most Scottish football clubs seem to accept they wont get bigger. Hearts need to look to grow, and gain a bigger fan base and regular attendees. Building on it and establishing it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I can never understand fans just accepting that there is a level that is maximum for fans. Any business looks to grow itself, most Scottish football clubs seem to accept they wont get bigger. Hearts need to look to grow, and gain a bigger fan base and regular attendees. Building on it and establishing it.

I agree. I also think that we have some very good and creative business people running our club now, and that they will be very mindful of this too. I think we will get a stadium which reflects the third largest club in the country. If they arrive at the conclusion we do not need to expand the capacity, I will be pretty surprised, but I will trust they have done the necessary research and costing, and get on with it. :)

Teuchterjambo

You are correct that we need to grow the business and there is undoubted potential to do that.

There is a very basic problem for us growing the business in the current situation and that is the current capacity. In terms of attendances you grow the business by attracting new customers and that is going to be very difficult for us given the current ration of season tickets to overall capacity. Once you factor in away supporters and a level of occasional supporters the number of seats left to grow the business is very small.

The potential new customers are obviously youngsters/ incoming population to the area (ethnic minorities are ripe for growing the support/ returning or lapsed supporters. The bottom line here is if we do manage to encouarge these groups there will actually be limited opportunities for them and the chance may be lost.

I would rather see 17,000 in a 20,00 plus stadium with opportunity for growth than a 17,00 sell out with little opportunity for growth. It is a touchy subject spending large sums of money given our recent history but growing the business in terms of attendance will be very limited without investment in increased capacity and that is the nub of the matter.

You are correct that we need to grow the business and there is undoubted potential to do that.

There is a very basic problem for us growing the business in the current situation and that is the current capacity. In terms of attendances you grow the business by attracting new customers and that is going to be very difficult for us given the current ration of season tickets to overall capacity. Once you factor in away supporters and a level of occasional supporters the number of seats left to grow the business is very small.

The potential new customers are obviously youngsters/ incoming population to the area (ethnic minorities are ripe for growing the support/ returning or lapsed supporters. The bottom line here is if we do manage to encouarge these groups there will actually be limited opportunities for them and the chance may be lost.

I would rather see 17,000 in a 20,00 plus stadium with opportunity for growth than a 17,00 sell out with little opportunity for growth. It is a touchy subject spending large sums of money given our recent history but growing the business in terms of attendance will be very limited without investment in increased capacity and that is the nub of the matter.

Some very good points regarding potential of the club, the above post being a good example of supporters' feelings on the matter.

The touchy part is spot on...it really wasn't that long ago when the brown stuff nearly hit the fan.

My personal opinion is that we should consolidate for two/three seasons and if a plan was in place to increase capacity or move , then that would be great....but we're not there yet !

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm sure someone famous once said "Build it and the will come."

J Cheever Loophole

Some very good points regarding potential of the club, the above post being a good example of supporters' feelings on the matter.

The touchy part is spot on...it really wasn't that long ago when the brown stuff nearly hit the fan.

My personal opinion is that we should consolidate for two/three seasons and if a plan was in place to increase capacity or move , then that would be great....but we're not there yet !

Spot on Boab!

It seems like only yesterday we had a hardcore 6K and expectations were not quite as high as today.

O/T, I bought my auld Man his season ticket for Stirling Albion last week, his 70th season supporting the Binos.

Now that's Glory Hunting for you!

Spot on Boab!

It seems like only yesterday we had a hardcore 6K and expectations were not quite as high as today.

O/T, I bought my auld Man his season ticket for Stirling Albion last week, his 70th season supporting the Binos.

Terrific, mate....that's what football supporting is all about.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Spot on Boab!

Terrible state of affairs 6k. Thankfully not been anything like as shite as that in about a quarter of a century or so? We should always be mindful of the past, but not live there, imo.

J Cheever Loophole

Terrible state of affairs 6k. Thankfully not been anything like as shite as that in about a quarter of a century or so? We should always be mindful of the past, but not live there, imo.

Agreed! We must also try and learn from the past, that's what I'm getting at BM.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Agreed! We must also try and learn from the past, that's what I'm getting at BM.

Agree with that JD. :thumbsup:

Cast No Shadow

An absolute myth, regularly spouted by Hibs fans that some Hearts fans seem to be lending credence to. :(

There are countless stands up and down the country in a worse state than our Main stand.

Should we have a better facility? Of course.

Do we need to replace it or we'll end up 'homeless'?  Please. :rofl: :rofl:

This is 100% bang on the money.

Bazzas right boot

Nah, If Vlad was teling porkie's, he would have done it properly, 200,000 on waiting list, with a further 500,000 on the list to be put on the waiting list.

:lies:

Bazzas right boot

Aye, or strike while the Iron is hot!

Two schools of thought, wait and see what the average of the average is, or while there is demand push on with plans and commercial oppotunities ( I started a thread such as buy a brick, get sponsorship now, etc:)

there was one as ibwas on the list

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Could someone not just as Claire Cowan or Phil Anderton or whoever to confirm how many were on the waiting list? Assuming there isn't a record somewhere in a Tynecastle database/filing cabinet.

Teuchterjambo

I agree entirely on the consolidation point, we need to get back to financial credibilty first and have a stable club. The number of people who seem to think that we have already achieved that is worrying, we still have some way to go.

The point remains though in the medium term that increased capacity is required to grwo the business but putting ourselves in the position to grow the business first is the priority. Sustained performance is required for a number of seasons to do that and there are obviously no guarantees of that.

AlphonseCapone

I'm sure someone famous once said "Build it and the will come."

Rod Petrie?

Good point here. Growth cannot be restricted. The very strange case of Celtic always intrigued me.

They were nearly 100 years old before they achieved a 40,000 home average, for many years even HMFC were better supported.

Then and suddenly they started to have a 60,000 home average, proving to me that the Worlds worst movie in Field of Dreams concept seemed to work! Where did Celtic suddenly find 20,000 MORE fans???

I have said on here many times that essentially the Romanov model stadium is the go for us in the future but only after we are sustainable on the field and with our financial/commercial activity. There is to me no reason whatsoever why we cannot ultimately sell 20,000 + season tickets in a 28,000 capacity stadium with a few thousand in very reasonably priced safe standing. Our growth potential is most interesting and please remember the line "there is nothing to compare with the Hearts" is absolutely true and very sellable! The Directors know they have a gem to sell so we will let them carefully iterate towards our true potential and collective goal. Exciting times methinks.

Buffalo Bill

Hearts said they had 19,000 season ticket applications in the summer of 2006.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hearts said they had 19,000 season ticket applications in the summer of 2006.

If we were to take that as read, then a refurbishment to just the same current capacity would be one of the worst building operations since someone designed Cumbernauld.

If we were to take that as read, then a refurbishment to just the same current capacity would be one of the worst building operations since someone designed Cumbernauld.

They are smart enough not to do that. Perhaps the "legacy" left by Romanov was the stadium design proposal, which I thought was very good and fit for purpose. Only need to incorporate safe standing and it works to cover attendance growth for the next 20 at least.

Archived