Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

If you follow Uk Turk and Vdubt25 on twitter, they're quite good at telling you what games are on what channels and what's working :thumbsup:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackbox gives a lot of error logs but most things seem to work ok. Don't see the option to point to my own media either and the settings page isn't available, as far as i can see

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Anyone got a decoded sky box? Not even sure if that's what they are called.

I'm thinking of going down that route instead of a droidbox etc.

Any opinions?

Any opinions?

I've got the sky box f5   , initial price was about ?85 and that was with the free gift of 12 months  , its now ?20 a year    , unfortunately only a couple of HD channels.

I've got the sky box f5 , initial price was about ?85 and that was with the free gift of 12 months , its now ?20 a year , unfortunately only a couple of HD channels.

Where did you get yours mate. And does it scramble alot

Where did you get yours mate. And does it scramble alot

Got mine from Ebay , there used to be a guy on gumtree who will come to your house and set up.  , i have 2 random stations that scramble   , the others .....i'd say once every couple of days , lasts about 8 seconds.    

I've got the sky box f5 , initial price was about ?85 and that was with the free gift of 12 months , its now ?20 a year , unfortunately only a couple of HD channels.

I think this is the route im going down.

Can you tell me if they are user friendly? I need something that my 8 year old daughter can play about with and find her programmes without any bother. This is what is putting me off the droidboxes etc as i think she would struggle.

had this new box with kodi on it for a week now.great for movies use genises for that. but I am struggling badly to get decent sport streams. I have been trying phoenix and some others that were already on the box without much luck.the ones that do work are pretty poor quality. do I need to add/download something or do something differently? any help would be great as I have already told sky to cancel subs so no going back. thanks

ps my computer/gadget skills are zero so switching on and getting this box to work so far has been a 1st

had this new box with kodi on it for a week now.great for movies use genises for that. but I am struggling badly to get decent sport streams. I have been trying phoenix and some others that were already on the box without much luck.the ones that do work are pretty poor quality. do I need to add/download something or do something differently? any help would be great as I have already told sky to cancel subs so no going back. thanks

ps my computer/gadget skills are zero so switching on and getting this box to work so far has been a 1st

Sportsmania

?50 for the year

All Sports channels from Sky, BT etc etc & a mahoosive collection of HD movies as well.

Join up at Sportmania.eu

thanks for the reply . do I have to download a sportmania app or something and If so how.is sportmania better quality/picture than everything else or does it just show more things

thanks for the reply . do I have to download a sportmania app or something and If so how.is sportmania better quality/picture than everything else or does it just show more things

They show it in HD.

Yes you need to load the add-on. Check out google/you tube for step by step instructions. Join the sportsmania facebook page & check their website. (.eu).

Any opinions?

Don't do it. We had one that constantly froze, it became unwatchable.

signed up to sportsmania but keeps coming up script error. anybody know how to solve this

I sometimes get this when going into Sportsmania on my phone. Clearing the cache sorts it for me. Don't know if that only works for Android though.

Sports Donkey blocked by all UK isp's now. You'll need a vpn to access his services for the moment.

This is gutting news - thankfully I have ZenMate for chrome so I can still access from the browser.

jack D and coke

This is gutting news - thankfully I have ZenMate for chrome so I can still access from the browser.

He's back he's moved servers I believe[emoji106]

On the browser, works fine with zenmate on, but soon as its off I get a DNS error. I'll try the droidbox in a bit.

Broadsword calling Jambo

I've had three different ones from Amazon and none of them worked properly. Got my money back each time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at a new smart tv, its powered by android lollipop and has access to Google play. Will I be able to use the kodi app. Tried googling but could find a straight answer

I'm looking at a new smart tv, its powered by android lollipop and has access to Google play. Will I be able to use the kodi app. Tried googling but could find a straight answer

I am almost certainly sure that this would not be a problem. It would essentially act the same as an android box.

What is the TV, and I'll have a closer look.

yes it should run no problem unless lollipop is restricted but as all android systems are basically open sourced I cant see that happening. most current android boxes work on the previous operating system, kitkat. you don't need the app store, you can download it through the browser just the same.

Any opinions?

We have 1 F5 , 1 zgemma S and a Vu Duo. The F5 needs manual updating when the channel frequencies are moved. The  Zgemma automatically up dates channels and the electronic programme guide (EPG).          The Vu Duo has twin tuners so you can watch and record channels onto a hard drive. Our gift is pretty good too. 

We have 1 F5 , 1 zgemma S and a Vu Duo. The F5 needs manual updating when the channel frequencies are moved. The Zgemma automatically up dates channels and the electronic programme guide (EPG). The Vu Duo has twin tuners so you can watch and record channels onto a hard drive. Our gift is pretty good too.

Where did you get it from mate?

Where did you get it from mate?

The F5 was from a connection on here more than 2 1/2 yrs ago.  Zgemma was bought from eBay recently and Vu Duo was from World of Satellite web site about 6 months ago. 

Stuart McNeill

I'm getting quite confused to regards to all the options that are available on the OP s site.

Could I just buy an Amazon firestick, put Kodi on it and use it?

I'm getting quite confused to regards to all the options that are available on the OP s site.

Could I just buy an Amazon firestick, put Kodi on it and use it?

Yes. I only use addons SportsMania and Genesis. I have others installed but never use them. Also try and get Kodi 14.2 version as its more stable. 

I am almost certainly sure that this would not be a problem. It would essentially act the same as an android box.

What is the TV, and I'll have a closer look.

Thanks for the reply

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3925041.htm

i found a couple of websites that said tv processors aren't powerful enough to run kodi but they were a few years old, this is 2015 model with the new android o/s

i'm not buying the tv for the option of kodi, its 1 of a few tvs i'm looking at but this would be a plus point    

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks for the reply

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3925041.htm

i found a couple of websites that said tv processors aren't powerful enough to run kodi but they were a few years old, this is 2015 model with the new android o/s

i'm not buying the tv for the option of kodi, its 1 of a few tvs i'm looking at but this would be a plus point    

I'd be shocked if that couldn't handle Kodi tbh. I know Sony's Android TV's can.

If it's a deal breaker and you're getting the item from Argos then get it, try it and should it fail then they're really good for taking things back. Just make sure you've got a good reason for doing so. 

I'd be shocked if that couldn't handle Kodi tbh. I know Sony's Android TV's can.

If it's a deal breaker and you're getting the item from Argos then get it, try it and should it fail then they're really good for taking things back. Just make sure you've got a good reason for doing so.

Cheers Rudolf,

Got a box earlier this week - love it already. The missus no longer needs both Netflix and Amazon so cancelled them and 3 months saving without them it'll have paid for itself.

Not to mention all the sport I'll be able to watch :)

I haven't subscribed to anything but finding it really difficult if not impossible to get any live football on the go :( This happening for anyone else? I'm not sure if the servers have been shut down or I'm doing something wrong or what but really annoying! (It's a T8 if that makes any difference)

Not 100% sure what apps I'm using as I usually just go to the "Live Sports" tab on the Kodi home screen then find the game or channel I want on a list but seems to be getting harder and harder to find and it'll often come up as if it's about to play then nothing will happen or ocassionally say website not found or something... Any help?

luckyBatistuta

Just to add that Costco are brilliant for Tv's and returning them also.

luckyBatistuta

What is the best app for live TV for KODI

I pretty much use Mobdro for everything, unless it's live sports that aren't on Sky.

No worries mate. Let me know how you get on as I'm a bit curious on this myself.

Right got the tv installed kodi all good. what add on installers are good for android.  

Rudolf's Mate

Right got the tv installed kodi all good. what add on installers are good for android.

This has an abundance of addons. More than you'll ever need tbh.

Or good old Fusion

Not watched the Fusion one but it should be straightforward. It had far less addons last time I checked so you might want to start with that.

This has an abundance of addons. More than you'll ever need tbh.

Or good old Fusion

Not watched the Fusion one but it should be straightforward. It had far less addons last time I checked so you might want to start with that.

Thanks rudolf.  i'll get on it now and report back

thats the add ons installed. tried genisis, worked great. watching the new Jurassic park movie. thanks again rudolf 

Quite annoyed that Wookie has cut ties with Sports Donkey as I had a logon via Wookie Pro and it was the best sports streaming I had. Hope it gets replaced with something decent, don't fancy a paid subscription as I only really watch the occasional game on a Saturday or Sunday, was more for NFL Redzone on Sunday nights.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived