Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

I couldn't get the beast to work. I'll try again at the weekend. I keep going back to basic builds as genesis hasn't failed me so i don't need all the others

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a Firestick for a few months and it's beenbgreat however when I sideloaded Kodi onto it the you tube video I done it with said that you couldn't open kodi direct from the app screen but have to go to settings and then open it in there which is a bit of a pain as it's an extra few steps to take, Is there anyway to get kodi on more directly? If that makes sense?

you can shoogly your apps around to whatever on your home page in the settings, just move kodi to the main page at the expense of summit you don't use continually.

I've had a Firestick for a few months and it's beenbgreat however when I sideloaded Kodi onto it the you tube video I done it with said that you couldn't open kodi direct from the app screen but have to go to settings and then open it in there which is a bit of a pain as it's an extra few steps to take, Is there anyway to get kodi on more directly? If that makes sense?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV

Half way down is a link to sort that

Still can't get the beast to work. Wizard runs but didn't change the look of kodi. Addons are all there thigh, weird

just got sportsmania working on android box after 2 weeks of trying first impressions very impressed.no more bt or sky ever again.hd channels look great. big test when live football tomorrow comes on.why I didn't do this before is a big regret. hopefully will live up to expectations when the big game kicks off on sunday if not over the road to pub

just got sportsmania working on android box after 2 weeks of trying first impressions very impressed.no more bt or sky ever again.hd channels look great. big test when live football tomorrow comes on.why I didn't do this before is a big regret. hopefully will live up to expectations when the big game kicks off on sunday if not over the road to pub

Same mate. I have spent thousands on sky over the years.

I have not paid a penny and get every channel in HD...so far.

I have not tried sportsmania so assuming it is paid for.

Can i now legally ditch my tv licence? I am going to anyways but i am just curious

Rudolf's Mate

Downloaded it on my phone zapped it onto the Firestick and its working perfectly, cheers that is brilliant.

You're welcome mate.

Can anyone find a decent stream of the bt espn channel?? Their champions league show is good, but I can't find a stream. Cheers

Psychedelicropcircle

Does everybody else have to reboot / clear cache every so often? Kodi keeps crashing!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Does everybody else have to reboot / clear cache every so often? Kodi keeps crashing!

I do it (and purge packages) quite often.

It's a good habit to get into actually you should reset your router regularly too.

luckyBatistuta

Where's best to watch NFL!? Cheers!

Phoenix has perfect quality links to NFL Network, watch it all the time. You can also get it on Mobdro, which runs fine too. Probably loads more links, just haven't looked as these run so well. Oops, just realised you probably mean live games(getting tired). I would like to know where you would get live games also, if that's what you meant.

Phoenix has perfect quality links to NFL Network, watch it all the time. You can also get it on Mobdro, which runs fine too. Probably loads more links, just haven't looked as these run so well. Oops, just realised you probably mean live games(getting tired). I would like to know where you would get live games also, if that's what you meant.

Sportsmania shows every NFL match.

Rudolf's Mate

Been a wee bit critical of Sports Mania as they've had a few problems over last few months. That said they seem to have sorted their shit out now. Watched a weekend of sport in total perfect quality with no buffering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

If you have the beast build you can set it to have zero cache.

You don't need a build to do it. If anyone has any form of maintenance program it'll be available in there.

Anyone with a box/device with limited storage I wouldn't recommend this as rather than using ram it stores directly to the hard drive. The idea is that if you get buffering on something you pause for a few mins and then play and because it's essentially recorded the stuff you're viewing to the HD it's playing it back seamlessly. Fine for PC or laptops with decent storage but not boxes.

On a side note if you've never had to pause and then play to prevent buffering then you don't actually need it. I've got the Amazon Fire TV and everything I watch in Genesis is either 1080p or HD with no buffering. Admittedly there's a few streams I stay away from because I know they'll buffer regardless but you get to know which ones are reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been having some real trouble over the past week or so. Streaming TV shows and films have been fine but any live sport has been pretty much unwatchable.

I have SportsDevil, UK Turk and VDubt but none of them have been anywhere near reliable. Tried to watch a stream of the Detroit Lions game last night, SportsDevil appeared to be the only place that had it but it just constantly cut out. Eventually I had to give up and stick Sky Go on and watch the Bengals game.

Any advice gents?

luckyBatistuta

Sportsmania shows every NFL match.

Cheers mate, didn't know that. I might invest in that.

Guys, can I ask what download speeds most of you have. i've thought about getting firestick etc but told you need 4MB dowload......as i live 1 street down from the worst in Scotland i only get about 1.2MD download.

Cheers

Guys, can I ask what download speeds most of you have. i've thought about getting firestick etc but told you need 4MB dowload......as i live 1 street down from the worst in Scotland i only get about 1.2MD download.

Cheers

You will be struggling with that kind out speed mate.

You would be better getting a skybox f5s and plugging it in via ethernet

Which comes my question..

Would i be better getting a firebox tv and can that be plugged in via ethernet?

I am going to get another on for my living room and keep the firestick in my lads room

luckyBatistuta

Cheers

Up until 2 weeks ago I was running at about 1.7mb and it kept going blocky and buffering on live streams. I have jumped up to 20mb now and it's running smooth as. I still didn't regret buying it even at my slow speed though.

Step 1: Go to Settings / System / Developer Options / Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it On.

Step 2: Now lets get ES File Explorer from the Store / Search / ES File Explorer and download it

Step 3: Launch ES File Explorer and press back to exit the tutorial

Step 4: On your left hand side column click on Add and enter this address in the popup http:\\kodi.tv\download press next and name it Kodi and press Add

Step 5: Now lets look for that link we just created, again press left and scroll down until you see Kodi and click it

Step 6: Now you?re in the Kodi download section, here we want to select the Android version ARM, select and click to download

Step 7: Once downloaded click Open File and select Install and Install again.

Step 8: basically you are done now.

Once thing with this method is that you will always get the latest version of Kodi from the developers, which is not a bad thing but we all know that for the Fire stick Kodi 14.2 works best.

This is a new way I found to sideload to Amazon fire stick or box. I find it a lot easier

Google genesis Kodi tips. And then play about with the TV and movie hosts. Following the advice has certainly improved my viewing of genesis.

Wait they are killing genisis because of how popular it is? So why create an app if you do not people using it?

Theu recently made genisis evem faster with tbe new update to genisis lazarus so why would they procceed to get rid?

I guess a lot of these services struggle when there are a large number of people trying to access the same stream, and the more people that use this , the more chance that the authorities notice and try to stop it. 

jack D and coke

Sportsmania got a DDOS attack last night and has been down. Kodi will eventually become a victim of its success I reckon. It's getting too popular to cope with the demand.

Sportsmania got a DDOS attack last night and has been down. Kodi will eventually become a victim of its success I reckon. It's getting too popular to cope with the demand.

I hear that Plex is good for streaming movie's and TV show's I think you have to pay a small fee for it tho. Will have to look into it.

Rudolf's Mate

He's had a few run in's with people over the last few months and I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected.

I've always wondered, it's their website which has been attacked. Because they've got an app in testing plus content through Kodi could they somehow mask the website and prevent it from attacks. Only thing is it would mean that nobody would be able use the website. 

It's working again.

Why dont the autorites/sky virgin ect all embrace these new leaps in viewing power rather than fight a losing battle? Surely it would be more productive and finacially rewarding to work with these sites rather than fighting with them?

Don't fret. If one fails someone else will tip up with the goods, so long add there's ? to be made

anyone having problems with sportsmania. im finding a lot of channels freezing after a few minutes of watch.reslsct channel and ok for few minutes then same again.annoying

People get the Dexter add on. Working good at the moment and best of all IT IS FREE! HD for sky sports and bt sports

Rudolf's Mate

anyone having problems with sportsmania. im finding a lot of channels freezing after a few minutes of watch.reslsct channel and ok for few minutes then same again.annoying

Whenever I got this I found I was running an old version of the addon. Even if not the case uninstall the addon and reinstall from the zip. Always seemed to work for me.

As other have said, Dexter is brilliant as it ProjectCypherTV however when games are on you tend to have issues. Phoenix is probably one of the best freebies out there.

Whenever I got this I found I was running an old version of the addon. Even if not the case uninstall the addon and reinstall from the zip. Always seemed to work for me.

As other have said, Dexter is brilliant as it ProjectCypherTV however when games are on you tend to have issues. Phoenix is probably one of the best freebies out there.

Phoenix never works good for me. Dexter is brilliant

Rudolf's Mate

Phoenix never works good for me. Dexter is brilliant

Admittedly I only gave it a few days of playing up before giving up on it. Same with ProjectCypherTV. Once I saw it wasn't working when games were on I binned it.

I am using Kodi with windows. Got the Beast Build but Kodi does not go into full screen and I can still see the top of the window and the windows bar at the bottem.How do i fix this?

Archived