Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

So got box up and running last night, doddle. Installed a few add on's manually last night, but went and installed the wookie wizard which gives you everything you need really.

I think the sports add on's will start to ramp up again once season starts so may wait until then to have a play about with them.

Overall very happy with it so far.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambodougie

Just a quick question to those that have bought the box - when watching movies/tv programmes do you still have the subtitles options when you start watching something ? I have TVMC/KODI installed on my laptop and hook up the laptop to the tv, however it is a bit annoying having to power up the laptop etc each time so was thinking of getting one of the boxes but need to know if I will have subtitles options (I am deaf) - I suspect you will but not sure how this is enabled ? Is there a remote with the box to enable this after you have selected the relevant subtitles add ons ? 

Just a quick question to those that have bought the box - when watching movies/tv programmes do you still have the subtitles options when you start watching something ? I have TVMC/KODI installed on my laptop and hook up the laptop to the tv, however it is a bit annoying having to power up the laptop etc each time so was thinking of getting one of the boxes but need to know if I will have subtitles options (I am deaf) - I suspect you will but not sure how this is enabled ? Is there a remote with the box to enable this after you have selected the relevant subtitles add ons ? 

Yeh once you get your actual stream running, there is a toolbox at the bottom of the screen where you can toggle subtitles on or off ( towards the right of the toolbox line). If it isn't there, the stream doesn't have the subs embedded. Its on most of them though. Not on live feeds obviously but its on most movies and box sets. There might even be a setting where you can change the default to make the subtitles come on automatically. Sorry I don't know since I never use them but they are definetly on the tool box for the stream itself

jambodougie

Yeh once you get your actual stream running, there is a toolbox at the bottom of the screen where you can toggle subtitles on or off ( towards the right of the toolbox line). If it isn't there, the stream doesn't have the subs embedded. Its on most of them though. Not on live feeds obviously but its on most movies and box sets.

Thanks CollyWolly - I assume you toggle on and off with the remote ? 

Thanks CollyWolly - I assume you toggle on and off with the remote ? 

Indeed you do. Just click into the box and it presents you with the on or off options

you can set the box up to search for the subtitles when you click on a film. cant remember how I done it though. I only used it once, when you select your film/tv prog, it starts to run then stops and gives you a screen asking if you want to search for subs, it was a while ago I set it up, but i'm sure, like everthing else involving xbmc/kodi there will be a tutorial on youtube

Can anyone vouch for sportsmania? Thinking about getting a sub.

I got it for the last ppv boxing that was on never had any problems with it and the scream was in HD. Once my virgin deal runs out I will be buying a sub from sportsmania mate

Gerd Muller

I bought a 3 month SportsMania subscription and can't fault it. Join the Facebook group and if you have any problems, post a comment and its replied quickly by loads of people.

mrmarkus1981

I used it for three months, it's brilliant. Will resubscribe when season starts

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Excellent, cheers.

Am I right in thinking that the games are able to view on demand after the event?

Gerd Muller

Yeah there is VoD section that has events recorded to watch back. Does this for the boxing and UFC fights and has done for the the Liverpool , Everton , Arsenal friendlies this week.

neal-jambos

This is probably a stupid question but I have the t8 box and got it about a month ago so it is still running the droidsticks 4.0 wizard. Everything seems to be running fine so is it worth updating to the wookie wizard? Or will that just be better down the line when more updates come out?

jack D and coke

This is probably a stupid question but I have the t8 box and got it about a month ago so it is still running the droidsticks 4.0 wizard. Everything seems to be running fine so is it worth updating to the wookie wizard? Or will that just be better down the line when more updates come out?

Na I've done a couple of updates of the wookie wizard and tbh mate it doesn't look like there's a lot of point at the moment.

Are you on the xbmckodiaddons forum?

Just keep an eye on the wookie threads id imagine.

Tony Soprano

Playing about with my new phone this week and thought id download kodi and install the addons to see what all the fuss is about after reading so much about it on here. After about 20 minutes of following a couple youtube videos i was streaming discovery channel HD live on my phone.

Since i have a smart tv upstairs and a chromecast on the tv downstairs i decided to try mirror my galaxy S6 firstly using the miracast on the smart tv and then the mirroring option on the chromecast on the other tv. Both worked perfectly. Spent about 3 hours last night watching very high quality American Horror Story using Genisus. No lag. Extremely pleased and a little bit angry that I've only just done this now.

Looked into it and also found you can get a sportsmania addon for kodi, meaning i could do everything wireless through my phone without having to play about with my computer. Going to try the free football streaming addons mentioned on this thread once the season starts then maybe think about signing up to sportsmania if the quality isn't all that great.

Cheers Kickback :2thumbsup:

jack D and coke

Playing about with my new phone this week and thought id download kodi and install the addons to see what all the fuss is about after reading so much about it on here. After about 20 minutes of following a couple youtube videos i was streaming discovery channel HD live on my phone.

Since i have a smart tv upstairs and a chromecast on the tv downstairs i decided to try mirror my galaxy S6 firstly using the miracast on the smart tv and then the mirroring option on the chromecast on the other tv. Both worked perfectly. Spent about 3 hours last night watching very high quality American Horror Story using Genisus. No lag. Extremely pleased and a little bit angry that I've only just done this now.

Looked into it and also found you can get a sportsmania addon for kodi, meaning i could do everything wireless through my phone without having to play about with my computer. Going to try the free football streaming addons mentioned on this thread once the season starts then maybe think about signing up to sportsmania if the quality isn't all that great.

Cheers Kickback :2thumbsup:

I'm assuming you have an android phone? If so instal mobdro for all your sports streams and cast to your TV.

All free.

Can anyone vouch for sportsmania? Thinking about getting a sub.

Had it for six weeks now... no probs, 3 month sub ?17. Dropped Sky, paid for itself and the MX Pro box already.

Tony Soprano

I'm assuming you have an android phone? If so instal mobdro for all your sports streams and cast to your TV.

All free.

Yip. I have heard of mobdro but i for some reason thought that was just for streaming tv shows and movies. If it also lets you stream live sport in decent quality the that would be absolutely perfect. Will download it now, cheers!

You can install kodi on Now TV boxes.

YouTube.

I've looked for tutorials to put kodi on now TV box but can find anything, have you got a link jack.

I'm pretty new to this stuff so maybe I've missed a term that includes now TV and other boxes.

Thanks in advance

jack D and coke

I've looked for tutorials to put kodi on now TV box but can find anything, have you got a link jack.

I'm pretty new to this stuff so maybe I've missed a term that includes now TV and other boxes.

Thanks in advance

I've had a mooch around the forums and what not and it appears you can't put it on a now box.....I was sure you could as well.

Grab an Amazon fire stick in that case or install on a laptop. I can give you easy instructions to do a windows install and you can give it a blast before buying an android box?

I've had a mooch around the forums and what not and it appears you can't put it on a now box.....I was sure you could as well.

Grab an Amazon fire stick in that case or install on a laptop. I can give you easy instructions to do a windows install and you can give it a blast before buying an android box?

Cheers for looking jack D. I've got it on my laptop, was gonna put it on the now TV box for ease of use

jack D and coke

Cheers for looking jack D. I've got it on my laptop, was gonna put it on the now TV box for ease of use

No worries man. Cheapest option is a Fire Stick then.

They do the job[emoji106]

mrmarkus1981

Ive got raspberry pi's running Kodi, can an owner of a 'droidbox' confirm its response time before i buy. When i click on streams on pi (Genesis mostly), it takes a while to find/respond.....and im impatient :D

jack D and coke

My T8 box still takes a few seconds to respond tbh. I'd say the Amazon fire TV box is maybe the better of the two I have. Not a lot in it though.

It's worth keeping in mind Amazon are rumoured to be updating the firmware to block kodi so potentially it'll be rendered useless. They've removed kodi, Tvmc and spmc from the App Store so it's a possibility.

mrmarkus1981

I can wait 30-40 seconds for a stream list, will ponder if its worth it. Pi's get there eventually

Rudolf's Mate

Added IPTV Stalker to my T8 this morning,sky sports is superb quality.

Is it still free? Was meant to have gone subs based. Mines stopped working and I put it down to that.

jack D and coke

Aye I just flicked it on to iptv stalker yesterday to see and mine wasn't working either. I assumed it was offline now as it was supposed to go subs on the 15th....

Is it still free? Was meant to have gone subs based. Mines stopped working and I put it down to that.

Mines worked no probs,I've not paid subs but i wouldn't mind paying if that's the quality on offer

Stuart Lyon

I've managed to get Kodi running on my Mac and even sorted out how to get it to the TV via airplay. So fa I can get TV and Movies via Genesis but I'd like to aadd-on sportsmania but haven't a clue how to do it. Is there any kind sole out there who could PM an idiots guide to installing sportsmania please.

Cyprus Jambo

Not sure what you mean mate? Do you already have these addons installed?

No mate, I was wondering how you add them on if you don't know the link to enter?

jack D and coke

No mate, I was wondering how you add them on if you don't know the link to enter?

What are you using to watch kodi mate?

Stuart Lyon

Managed to do it myself earlier this am. Just noted down the steps from the youtube video and Bobs your uncle! Took out the 3 month subscription.

penicuik jambo

If I buy one of these Amazon TV sticks for 35 quid is it quite straightforward to load Kodi yourself?

If I buy one of these Amazon TV sticks for 35 quid is it quite straightforward to load Kodi yourself?

aye. you download the relevant file, open it using an app installer.

setting it up will be harder but as always, theres a youtube video

penicuik jambo

aye. you download the relevant file, open it using an app installer.

setting it up will be harder but as always, theres a youtube video

Cheers will probably purchase one this week and give it a bash.

jack D and coke

Cheers will probably purchase one this week and give it a bash.

It's dead easy mate. If you get one PM me and I'll send you instructions.

Piece of pish honestly.

penicuik jambo

Piece of pish honestly.

Cheers mate

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Piece of pish honestly.

I'm getting a fire stick next week, I'll take a pm if you don't mind.

jack D and coke

I'm getting a fire stick next week, I'll take a pm if you don't mind.

When you get it let me know I'm on the pish in Blackpool [emoji1]

Just ordered a T8 from Droidsticks. Comes on Friday.

How do you subscribe to Sports Mania?

jack D and coke

Just ordered a T8 from Droidsticks. Comes on Friday.

How do you subscribe to Sports Mania?

Join the sportsmania Facebook page then send a friend request to the guy who runs it, willo. PM him on Facebook and he'll send you a link.

Join the sportsmania Facebook page then send a friend request to the guy who runs it, willo. PM him on Facebook and he'll send you a link.

Perfect mate :)

Gimme an H...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/J-Bonest%C2%AE-Multimedia-Broadcast-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B00S89MUWG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1438263593&sr=8-6&keywords=kodi

Is this the sort of thing you guys are talking about?

Anyone able to give a quick recap on the capabilities of these things? Are people actually replacing their Sky packages with things like this?

Thanks in advance

Archived