Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

jack D and coke

Quite annoyed that Wookie has cut ties with Sports Donkey as I had a logon via Wookie Pro and it was the best sports streaming I had. Hope it gets replaced with something decent, don't fancy a paid subscription as I only really watch the occasional game on a Saturday or Sunday, was more for NFL Redzone on Sunday nights.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wookie have to replace it. They've been charging money for basically Sports Donkey as everything else is free so they have to come up with something.

Donkey had become a complete pain in the arse anyway. When it worked it was good but the log in had become a huge carry on.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wookie have to replace it. They've been charging money for basically Sports Donkey as everything else is free so they have to come up with something.

Donkey had become a complete pain in the arse anyway. When it worked it was good but the log in had become a huge carry on.

When Donkey got blocked by the UK ISPs, he had to move to a new server which wasn't compatible with Wookie. So, no-one came out as a winner. All of the people involved in these operations spend a huge amount of time keeping them going and one step ahead, but get very precious if you dare criticise them!

mrmarkus1981

Bought a droid box. It's clunky as anything compared to pi and firestick

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Bought a droid box. It's clunky as anything compared to pi and firestick

Which one?

Rudolf's Mate

thats the add ons installed. tried genisis, worked great. watching the new Jurassic park movie. thanks again rudolf

Welcome mate.

Markus me and Jack have researched these boxes to absolute death. I opted for Fire TV and Stick and the only thing which was meant to come close was the T8. Jack has all of them and says Fire wins. Personally I wouldn't buy anything else as they ultimately end up having cheap processors or knocked off parts which ultimately cause issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Everybody I know who has an M8 complains about it mate. Fire Tv box is the best imo and I believe the new 4K one is even better. Supposedly lightening quick.

T8 is decent though but Fire wins by a nose, just works a bit quicker.

There is a new T8 out too though.

Dagger Is Back

I pretty much use Mobdro for everything, unless it's live sports that aren't on Sky.

I can't get this to work. Keeps coming up with a load error and asking me to check log file?? I've got Kodi loaded on PC

luckyBatistuta

What are you

I can't get this to work. Keeps coming up with a load error and asking me to check log file?? I've got Kodi loaded on PC

What are you loading it on bud? When you turn on your box, just search for Mobdro through the browser at the homepage. On the website, download the Mobdro apk. If that's what your doing then I don't know what's wrong with it bud, and if that was obvious to you, then apologies as I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

mrmarkus1981

I'm running a pi, droidbox and fire stick. All work, droidbox finds and plays genesis streams quickest. Fire stick is quickest in menus and general navigation. Pi is fine if your patient, mine is used for media i already have and sports mania as it's easy to add as part of my home network with 2tb hdd attached. Can copy dl's strait to it

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Same here, except I'm using fire stick.

Dagger Is Back

What are you

What are you loading it on bud? When you turn on your box, just search for Mobdro through the browser at the homepage. On the website, download the Mobdro apk. If that's what your doing then I don't know what's wrong with it bud, and if that was obvious to you, then apologies as I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

It's on a Windows PC. I have a Fire Stick too but wanted to try it out on PC first. I'm a total beginner at this so no apologies required. Cheers

Dagger Is Back

Same here, except I'm using fire stick.

How you getting on with the sports channels on Dexter? I Can't find any. Stumped

So basically bought the fire stick, sideloaded Kodi and have experimented with a few different builds.

Have tried Spinz, daddy chu and couple other less known ones.

However have to say i have incredibly impressed with The Beast. If has great functuality and everything you could need or want and auto updates as well. So if any apps become defunct it will find a replacement.

My only one complaint would be the firestick might not be porwerful enough to support it as it crashes every now and then while loading an repo or programme. So i might upgrade to something better in the future.

Anyone who gets this will never pay for TV again Imo

Rudolf's Mate

So basically bought the fire stick, sideloaded Kodi and have experimented with a few different builds.

Have tried Spinz, daddy chu and couple other less known ones.

However have to say i have incredibly impressed with The Beast. If has great functuality and everything you could need or want and auto updates as well. So if any apps become defunct it will find a replacement.

My only one complaint would be the firestick might not be porwerful enough to support it as it crashes every now and then while loading an repo or programme. So i might upgrade to something better in the future.

Anyone who gets this will never pay for TV again Imo

Do you have the power supply plugged in or are you powering it via the TV's USB? If you're using the power supply then take it back to where you got it as it 100% shouldn't be doing that and must have a fault. Mines has Wookie loaded which has a ridiculous amount of addons and it's perfect.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

How you getting on with the sports channels on Dexter? I Can't find any. Stumped

It worked perfectly on Monday, but said server updates meant sky sports unavailable. Went on last night and no live channels, but it did say server down for maintenance. Keep trying, is my suggestion as it looked excellent. Think you may need to register, but it said it's 100% free.

Do you have the power supply plugged in or are you powering it via the TV's USB? If you're using the power supply then take it back to where you got it as it 100% shouldn't be doing that and must have a fault. Mines has Wookie loaded which has a ridiculous amount of addons and it's perfect.it

Using the power supply. Ill give it a wee  while longer see if it sorts itself out.

What is wookie like? Might load that onto the PC see how that is.

Rudolf's Mate

Using the power supply. Ill give it a wee while longer see if it sorts itself out.

What is wookie like? Might load that onto the PC see how that is.

Aye sounds like it's got a fault. Try this

And if this doesn't work then you've definitely got a fault.

Dagger Is Back

It worked perfectly on Monday, but said server updates meant sky sports unavailable. Went on last night and no live channels, but it did say server down for maintenance. Keep trying, is my suggestion as it looked excellent. Think you may need to register, but it said it's 100% free.

Thanks buddy will do

I have a T8 but recently some of the fanart for TV favourites in Genesis has disappeared from infowall view. I change to bannerwall they all show up any idea how to get the back on the other views ?

What is everyone watching the scotland game on, Dextertv seems to be dead for Live Tv, all the rest are pretty shoddy,

What is everyone watching the scotland game on, Dextertv seems to be dead for Live Tv, all the rest are pretty shoddy,

I'm watching it on Pheonix. In the sports, live football tabs and then link 3 for Scotland V Poland if that makes sense?

Stream literally died right before we scored so I missed the goal but had been fine right up till then and seems ok again now.

I'm watching it on Pheonix. In the sports, live football tabs and then link 3 for Scotland V Poland if that makes sense?

Stream literally died right before we scored so I missed the goal but had been fine right up till then and seems ok again now.

Ye im on link 2 and its been the best its been in a longtime, think its because its a diddy match haha

Ye im on link 2 and its been the best its been in a longtime, think its because its a diddy match haha

Haha may be!

I actually mentioned earlier in the thread but this is the first time in a couple of weeks that I've been able to get a live game to work. Usually not bad with technology but I fully admit I don't really know what I'm doing with Kodi. Anyone else had problems recently or have any ideas why I couldn't get streams to work?

Haha may be!

I actually mentioned earlier in the thread but this is the first time in a couple of weeks that I've been able to get a live game to work. Usually not bad with technology but I fully admit I don't really know what I'm doing with Kodi. Anyone else had problems recently or have any ideas why I couldn't get streams to work?

Honestly think its because its scotland, Anytime i try an Epl game the streams are rank

Haha may be!

Hi m8. What setup are you using?

Hi m8. What setup are you using?

Hey man, I'm on a T8 box. I was using Phoenix last night and it dropped a couple of times but worked more or less OK.

Everything came pre installed so not sure exactly which add ons I've been using, I usually just go to the live sport bit on the home screen and then try and find a game that way if that made sense to you?

jack D and coke

Hey man, I'm on a T8 box. I was using Phoenix last night and it dropped a couple of times but worked more or less OK.

Everything came pre installed so not sure exactly which add ons I've been using, I usually just go to the live sport bit on the home screen and then try and find a game that way if that made sense to you?

It's fairly normal for streams to drop or buffer badly at times it's just part of the whole thing mate don't worry about it, especially live sports.

If anybody buys into it expecting totally flawless viewing your going to be disappointed.

It's fairly normal for streams to drop or buffer badly at times it's just part of the whole thing mate don't worry about it, especially live sports.

If anybody buys into it expecting totally flawless viewing your going to be disappointed.

There's one out there that can't be beaten,it's for iPad or iPod though.

Oh,and it's free too.

jack D and coke

Just a wee bit advice for anybody thinking about updating their kodi software to 15 or above....don't. I've just done the latest wookie update but first went back to 14.2 and what a difference. 15 is a buggy piece of shite.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Thanks buddy will do

Dexter seems to be up and running again, at least it was this morning. Not had a good look (couldn't get BT or Sky sports), but got the US sports channels in HD. Going to try again later.

Dexter seems to be up and running again, at least it was this morning. Not had a good look (couldn't get BT or Sky sports), but got the US sports channels in HD. Going to try again later.

Still updating but good to see it back up. Excellent when it is running

Just a wee bit advice for anybody thinking about updating their kodi software to 15 or above....don't. I've just done the latest wookie update but first went back to 14.2 and what a difference. 15 is a buggy piece of shite.

Got 15.2 on aftv box and as you say it's slow and doesn't seem to play have the links. Will go back to 14.2

jack D and coke

Got 15.2 on aftv box and as you say it's slow and doesn't seem to play have the links. Will go back to 14.2

My AFTV box froze quite a bit with 15 and sometimes wouldn't let me download addons and just other general little annoyances.

Back to 14.2 and all working perfect again.

My AFTV box froze quite a bit with 15 and sometimes wouldn't let me download addons and just other general little annoyances.

Back to 14.2 and all working perfect again.

Strange, I've been on 15 for a while now and had no such issues.

Just updated the Beast build on my firestick and it is running as smooth as a babies arse. Absoloutly everything is working

:pleasing:

isn't free TV just :pleasing:

up ye sky

up ye virgin

Up ye TV liscence

Oh forgot to add

:smug:

Dagger Is Back

Just updated the Beast build on my firestick and it is running as smooth as a babies arse. Absoloutly everything is working

isn't free TV just :pleasing:

up ye sky

up ye virgin

Up ye TV liscence

Oh forgot to add

:smug:

What is this Beast thing of which you talk?

just google the beast for kodi, vids/info all there, just a different interface. looks kool, better layout i think so far

Dagger Is Back

just google the beast for kodi, vids/info all there, just a different interface. looks kool, better layout i think so far

Ah. Wasn't sure if it was just another add on or what. Just getting used to Kodi - all a bit confusing for us techno numpties

Ah. Wasn't sure if it was just another add on or what. Just getting used to Kodi - all a bit confusing for us techno numpties

It is just basically a build which gives you all the apps and interface without you actually having to download anything yourself apart from the build.

It is icredibly simple.

Just google Chris B Wizard go to his site and follow the instructions.

I've had a Firestick for a few months and it's beenbgreat however when I sideloaded Kodi onto it the you tube video I done it with said that you couldn't open kodi direct from the app screen but have to go to settings and then open it in there which is a bit of a pain as it's an extra few steps to take, Is there anyway to get kodi on more directly? If that makes sense?

I've had a Firestick for a few months and it's beenbgreat however when I sideloaded Kodi onto it the you tube video I done it with said that you couldn't open kodi direct from the app screen but have to go to settings and then open it in there which is a bit of a pain as it's an extra few steps to take, Is there anyway to get kodi on more directly? If that makes sense?

I have it so when i press the home button it goes dorectly to kodi.

I cannot remember how i did it..ill figure it out the morn and get back to you mate.

Rudolf's Mate

You want firestarter mate.

http://www.aftvnews.com/firestarter-is-a-non-root-launcher-replacement-with-fantastic-home-button-detection/

Just be aware that it effectively bypasses the AFTV homescreen. 

Archived