Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

i was thinking of getting a chromecast or the likes as i believe you can mirror whats on your tablet or phone through it, but i'm wondering if a droidbox or such would be a  better investment?

If you've got 2 or 3 hdmi ports - get both!

I still use my chromecast- sometimes it's just easier to send something from my phone/tablet.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. Need to see how many ports my telly has. Already have a roku box so would just really be something foe streaming.

Thanka for the advice guys

Gerd Muller

Unbelievable this fire stick with Kodi is. Got thousands of movies and TV shows. Installed the addons mentioned on here but no big football games to test them out yet. Will see how it goes once the season starts. Golf channel in HD has been my favourite so far.

Cyprus Jambo

Thought about getting one but as my download speed is only 3.71 they don't recommend for anything under 10mbs. Anyone using it with a slow internet speed?

jack D and coke

He has a new add on for films and TV programme's now

I seen that on his Twitter. Not had a chance to take a look yet. Any good?

the_jailer

I seen that on his Twitter. Not had a chance to take a look yet. Any good?

Add on is called dubstop looks OK not sure if I will use it much. I use phoenix or genesis for movie's and TV shows. The mutts nuts is another good one for movie's

jack D and coke

Add on is called dubstop looks OK not sure if I will use it much. I use phoenix or genesis for movie's and TV shows. The mutts nuts is another good one for movie's

Thems the ones I use too. Occasionally ice films also.

His football streams towards the end of last season were immense though. Always 1080p and no buffering either. Cracking addon.

neal-jambos

Thought about getting one but as my download speed is only 3.71 they don't recommend for anything under 10mbs. Anyone using it with a slow internet speed?

I'm using it with 4-5 mbs. Some films/ TV shows you need to let buffer for a minute but that's about all that's wrong with it. All of the live sports I've watched on it seem to be fine.

Gerd Muller

Thems the ones I use too. Occasionally ice films also.

His football streams towards the end of last season were immense though. Always 1080p and no buffering either. Cracking addon.

Who's Football streams? Trying to loads all the best addons the now.

jack D and coke

Who's Football streams? Trying to loads all the best addons the now.

Vdubt25's but I think you said you've got his....

UKTurk is good, pak India and NJM soccer all have good ones normally. IPTV Stalker was really good but that's went subs from the 15th of this month.

Gerd Muller

yeah added that one already and installed the ones you mentioned. Im cancelling BT Sport soon as not paying ?20 a month so tempted to purchase sportsmania once the season starts.

jack D and coke

yeah added that one already and installed the ones you mentioned. Im cancelling BT Sport soon as not paying ?20 a month so tempted to purchase sportsmania once the season starts.

I had sportsmania for a months trial it wasn't bad but I'm led to believe they've improved it all to HD now. I'm sure Alicante Jambo uses another one that's around ?50 for the year, can't mind the name of it. Sportsmania though is about ?10 a month if I remember right....

Tbh mate I'd stick with the ones you have for the first few weeks of the season, they're usually fairly good especially UK Turk.

Kinda defeats the purpose taking a subscription after getting rid of a subscription I think. And if I was to take one I'd pay monthly instead of a year up front. I've seen a few go down the tubes and basically disappear and people bumped. Not really a lot you can do about it either....

Vincent B.A

I payed ?17 for Sports Mania for 3 months. I thought it was really good. I'm probably going to get it again when the season starts but noy sure if there are any alternatives that would be as good for free.

I'm a bit reluctant to sign up to these things for more than 3 months because every now and again they seem to get shut down.

jack D and coke

I payed ?17 for Sports Mania for 3 months. I thought it was really good. I'm probably going to get it again when the season starts but noy sure if there are any alternatives that would be as good for free.

I'm a bit reluctant to sign up to these things for more than 3 months because every now and again they seem to get shut down.

IPTV stalker was top notch but it's going subs from the 15th of this month. UKTurk has an amazing amount of stuff for free as does vdubt and Staell. They're not 100% reliable though and I suppose if you pay you can always go to the same place and find what your after instead of looking around.

Best one I've used was one called Ruya TV that I got a free trial for. Absolutely spot on and a bewildering amount of channels, you wouldn't need anything else tbh. He wanted ?200 for the year for everything or ?130 for all the sports channels but it was basically every sports channel in the world that I could see. I'm not for giving some random dude in America a year up front though then he decides to close it and there's nowt you can do. Poke that.

Vincent B.A

IPTV stalker was top notch but it's going subs from the 15th of this month. UKTurk has an amazing amount of stuff for free as does vdubt and Staell. They're not 100% reliable though and I suppose if you pay you can always go to the same place and find what your after instead of looking around.

Best one I've used was one called Ruya TV that I got a free trial for. Absolutely spot on and a bewildering amount of channels, you wouldn't need anything else tbh. He wanted ?200 for the year for everything or ?130 for all the sports channels but it was basically every sports channel in the world that I could see. I'm not for giving some random dude in America a year up front though then he decides to close it and there's nowt you can do. Poke that.

Nice one, I'll check those ones out once the season starts. I've cancelled my sky sports so dont mind paying a subscription although obviously would prefer not to if possible. Yeah totally agree about not playing a year up front.

Rudolf's Mate

i have a now tv box, can i download an app on to it or mod it to get free movies/sport

NowTV box is just a limited Roku box.

Not much chance for any free streams ..etc

There's plenty of people who sell Now boxes with Plex tweaked to show Sky Sports and movies so it can be done. No idea how though.

If have also thought you must be able to put Kodi on it but not sure how.

jack D and coke

There's plenty of people who sell Now boxes with Plex tweaked to show Sky Sports and movies so it can be done. No idea how though.

If have also thought you must be able to put Kodi on it but not sure how.

You can install kodi on Now TV boxes.

YouTube.

Rudolf's Mate

You can install kodi on Now TV boxes.

YouTube.

I thought you must be able to. Never looked into it tbh.

Ordered myself an android box that's due for delivery tomorrow.

To the ones out there who have had theirs for a while, what are the best add on's to get me started with box sets, films and sports?

jack D and coke

To the ones out there who have had theirs for a while, what are the best add on's to get me started with box sets, films and sports?

Does this come with kodi pre-installed?

Vincent B.A

I like using Genises for tv shows and movies.

Genesis is best for movies and box sets. Sports you need to be a bit more patient with, especially live UK football if you want it free.I am sure once the season starts there will be a good place where finding the games is easier than it is right now. Its a bit all over the place in the summer. Mind you I haven't really looked that hard recently so there might already be a good add on in place.

Cyprus Jambo

all those that mention addons - what are the links for using on kodi?snapback.png 

Things mentioned are:

IPTV stalker

UKTurk

vdubt

Staell.

or do you add these differently?

Does this come with kodi pre-installed?

Yes latest version of Kodi is pre installed. 

jack D and coke

Yes latest version of Kodi is pre installed.

Where did you get it from? Droidsticks?

jack D and coke

all those that mention addons - what are the links for using on kodi?snapback.png

Things mentioned are:

IPTV stalker

UKTurk

vdubt

Staell.

or do you add these differently?

Not sure what you mean mate? Do you already have these addons installed?

Gerd Muller

I'm thinking about getting a Android Box for downstairs, just a cheap one, MX or M8 , something like that. The addons that are mentioned on this thread are good. Genesis is brilliant, I signed up for SportsMania for 3 months, ?17. BT Sport will be ?20 a month so massive saving. Will then sign up for 6 months.

jack D and coke

Amazon, it's a Minix X8.

I assume you'll have to install them manually then.

Id say the best point to start at is install total installer and do it one by one. You can add all the repos from that then manually install the addons. It's not that difficult but it'll take an hour or so if you know what your doing.

I assume you'll have to install them manually then.

Id say the best point to start at is install total installer and do it one by one. You can add all the repos from that then manually install the addons. It's not that difficult but it'll take an hour or so if you know what your doing.

No worries, fairly technical so should not be an issue.

Do you tend to find that your tv shows are updated on apps like genesis soon after they are shown live?

jack D and coke

No worries, fairly technical so should not be an issue.

Do you tend to find that your tv shows are updated on apps like genesis soon after they are shown live?

Yeah mate. They're up the following day pretty much.

If your toiling or want any advice or just what addons to install drop me a PM.

Rudolf's Mate

Really can't go wrong with Genesis for Film/TV. Jack might be able to confirm but I thought IPTV Stalker had gone subscription based. Shame if so as it was really good.

With Total Installer you just need to know the name of the addon and it installs the repo automatically when installing the addon.

TVMC might be a decent shout of some are a bit lazy. Again Jacks probably best placed to comment on it as I installed it for a friend.

jack D and coke

Really can't go wrong with Genesis for Film/TV. Jack might be able to confirm but I thought IPTV Stalker had gone subscription based. Shame if so as it was really good.

With Total Installer you just need to know the name of the addon and it installs the repo automatically when installing the addon.

TVMC might be a decent shout of some are a bit lazy. Again Jacks probably best placed to comment on it as I installed it for a friend.

IPTV stalker goes subs from tomorrow. Real pity as the channels were all good quality and reliable.

Tvmc is an option for the less technical minded, it installs genesis etc but no sports addons. These have to be done manually.

Rab and Gerd I PM'd you instructions on how to install a free TV addon this morning. I'll install it later myself to see if it's any good.

IPTV stalker goes subs from tomorrow. Real pity as the channels were all good quality and reliable.

Tvmc is an option for the less technical minded, it installs genesis etc but no sports addons. These have to be done manually.

Rab and Gerd I PM'd you instructions on how to install a free TV addon this morning. I'll install it later myself to see if it's any good.

Seen that, thanks.

Setting up my box tonight. Notice it comes with XMBC but not Kodi, from what I see I can easily install this from the Google play store. I don't have a laptop so will have to install everything from the box itself.

I'm currently running Wookie on my box following them taking over from the Droidsticks Wizard. Are there better ones than Wookie out there? It has all the main pages (Genesis, Phoenix, Mutts Nuts, Sports Donkey etc), so no complaints over the content, just wondering if there was a better Wizard out there.

Im thinking about getting one and while im fairly tech savy I really havent been paying attention to the boxes over the last 12 months

Is it best to go Amazon Fire Stick and then install Kodi, is there a better box out there ?? or is Droidstick the way to go ?

Very curious to give this a bash for ?100 as my Sky will go up in Oct so want to consider getting it before then.

I'm currently running Wookie on my box following them taking over from the Droidsticks Wizard. Are there better ones than Wookie out there? It has all the main pages (Genesis, Phoenix, Mutts Nuts, Sports Donkey etc), so no complaints over the content, just wondering if there was a better Wizard out there.

Am I right in thinking that they are still supplying boxes with Kodi/XBMC installed but without the wizard and so no add ons on it pre installed. So all you need to do is download the wizard from Wookie, which distances them(Droidsticks) from any illegality there might have been in what they were previously supplying ?

jack D and coke

Am I right in thinking that they are still supplying boxes with Kodi/XBMC installed but without the wizard and so no add ons on it pre installed. So all you need to do is download the wizard from Wookie, which distances them(Droidsticks) from any illegality there might have been in what they were previously supplying ?

It's the same wizard only installed through wookie now. I don't think there's much better out there tbh especially as your getting a premium addon in sports donkey.

Buying the fire stick and side loading Kodi etc isn't that difficult however there has been talk recently that Amazon will try do a firmware update in the future that will block kodi. Whether it happens or not is another matter.

I'd get the T8 box from droidsticks myself.

http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/shop/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

That's pretty much it, though I think anyone can download Wookie that has kodi, the link and file to download it is on the main kodi discussion forum, cannae mind it's name

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's the same wizard only installed through wookie now. I don't think there's much better out there tbh especially as your getting a premium addon in sports donkey.

Buying the fire stick and side loading Kodi etc isn't that difficult however there has been talk recently that Amazon will try do a firmware update in the future that will block kodi. Whether it happens or not is another matter.

http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/shop/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

Cheers that helps me out

Yeh I already have the m8 box from Droidsticks. When I got mine it had the wizard, they sent you a password, you logged in and everything else was done for you. Simples. It seems theres another step now in that you need to download the Wookie wizard and I was just wondering how easy that is as I am thinking of getting one for a pal who isn't very techy. I assume droidsticks send you a step by step email still so you cant get lost ?

Gerd Muller

Thanks jack, I've installed it but will check it out later. Went through loads of addons today that were already preinstalled , some good like robin hood.

If anyone doesn't have a driod box or similar http://bosscast.info/ is a top streaming site - all the sky sports, BT, Be In sports etc and really top quality streams.

Stuart Lyon

big-jambo just tried your link couldn't get anything - I even tried different links within the channels.

big-jambo just tried your link couldn't get anything - I even tried different links within the channels.

Just tried the link it took me to the schedule page -  try this one 18:00 Soccer: AZ Alkmaar (Ned) vs Dundee Utd (Sco) http://bosscast.info/channel13.php

jack D and coke

Yeh I already have the m8 box from Droidsticks. When I got mine it had the wizard, they sent you a password, you logged in and everything else was done for you. Simples. It seems theres another step now in that you need to download the Wookie wizard and I was just wondering how easy that is as I am thinking of getting one for a pal who isn't very techy. I assume droidsticks send you a step by step email still so you cant get lost ?

I haven't done it since its went to wookie but my mate has and says it's a doddle. Shouldn't be any worries getting it up and running I wouldn't think.

Archived