Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

jack D and coke

You can watch pretty much anything you want from anywhere.

Think Netflix but on crack.

And you can find good sports streams too.

As for replacing your sky subs etc how long it will all last I'm not sure tbh it seems to be getting very popular. Only a matter of time before a real crackdown begins I reckon.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

When you get it let me know I'm on the pish in Blackpool [emoji1]

Getting it tonight. Cheers.

Anyone fancy telling me WTF to do to get the sports channels on the android T8 box??? Havent a clue what I'm doing. Got it linked to the internet but not got a clue after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

jack D and coke

Anyone fancy telling me WTF to do to get the sports channels on the android T8 box??? Havent a clue what I'm doing. Got it linked to the internet but not got a clue after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you be a bit more specific? Have you installed the addons/wizard?

Can you be a bit more specific? Have you installed the addons/wizard?

I'm usually OK with tech but it arrived with virtually zero instructions other than how to connect it to the wi-fi & I have zero experience with Android/Kodi.

Looked at a few tutorials since I last posted so Ihave managed to add a few add-ons but what are the best ones for football? I need the full file extension (http://.....). Manged to install Sports Mania but still need to subscribe but any decent add-ons you can recommend would be appreciated mate.

jack D and coke

I'm usually OK with tech but it arrived with virtually zero instructions other than how to connect it to the wi-fi & I have zero experience with Android/Kodi.

Looked at a few tutorials since I last posted so Ihave managed to add a few add-ons but what are the best ones for football? I need the full file extension (http://.....). Manged to install Sports Mania but still need to subscribe but any decent add-ons you can recommend would be appreciated mate.

I've PM'd you mate...

Cyprus Jambo

I've PM'd you mate...

JD&C.............could you PM me as well. Take it the above was talking about the details for addons on KODI for lap-top?

penicuik jambo

Took a 3 month subscription on sportsmania today, fantastic choice of channels, tried a few and quality was cracking. Hopefully stays like this for live games, will be phoning Sky tommorow

Regular John

Obviously an android box is more convenient as it's a dedicated TV gadget, but is there any less quality in say steaming sportsmania from a laptop via kodi/chromecast to your TV?

Thinking about trying the 3 month package to catch the odd game of football.

Obviously an android box is more convenient as it's a dedicated TV gadget, but is there any less quality in say steaming sportsmania from a laptop via kodi/chromecast to your TV?

Thinking about trying the 3 month package to catch the odd game of football.[/quote

You could buy a Amazon fire stick sideload kodi on to it and add the sportsmania add on. They are easy to set up plenty videos on youtube

Regular John

Thinking about trying the 3 month package to catch the odd game of football.[/quote

You could buy a Amazon fire stick sideload kodi on to it and add the sportsmania add on. They are easy to set up plenty videos on youtube

Will look in to that, cheers.

invernessjt

Do you get the Saturday 3pm kick offs on sportsmania?

I had Sportsmania for the last month of last season and they showed every EPL Saturday 3pm game live.

Rudolf's Mate

Thinking about trying the 3 month package to catch the odd game of football.

Does your laptop have HDMI out? If it does then you can stick Kodi on it and give it a try via that. I did this for best part of 3 1/2 years before buying the Amazon Fire TV. Only reason I changed was because I wanted the laptop/pc out of the lounge as it wasn't practical plus it was on constantly.

I also have a Fire Stick and I'm really impressed with it.

Only thing I would say about casting anything is that it's essentially adding another layer for something to go wrong. I know technology has improved massively however I prefer to eradicate any risk of interruption when possible. Majority of my home network it wired however I was that anal about wifi interuptions quite a few years back that I convinced the Mrs we didn't need a microwave :lol:

jack D and coke

JD&C.............could you PM me as well. Take it the above was talking about the details for addons on KODI for lap-top?

Btw I pm'd you yesterday.

sick.of.romanov

Best thing Iv ever done is ditch sky and get a fire stick, bt and sky rolled into one and all the football streams I need. Mates have all done the same and we've all saved a fortune, definitely recommended

Regular John

Does your laptop have HDMI out? If it does then you can stick Kodi on it and give it a try via that. I did this for best part of 3 1/2 years before buying the Amazon Fire TV. Only reason I changed was because I wanted the laptop/pc out of the lounge as it wasn't practical plus it was on constantly.

I also have a Fire Stick and I'm really impressed with it.

Only thing I would say about casting anything is that it's essentially adding another layer for something to go wrong. I know technology has improved massively however I prefer to eradicate any risk of interruption when possible. Majority of my home network it wired however I was that anal about wifi interuptions quite a few years back that I convinced the Mrs we didn't need a microwave [emoji38]

Cheers. Seems the Amazon sticks the way to go then. The laptop does have hdmi out, but like you say the set up isnt ideal long term really.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers. Seems the Amazon sticks the way to go then. The laptop does have hdmi out, but like you say the set up isnt ideal long term really.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It seems that every 4-6 weeks a deal for them comes up and they drop to either ?20 or ?25. Not a huge drop in the scheme of things however I personally wouldn't mind paying the full price.

I'd like to know what's the best addons for my fire stick also. And/or take a pm for some setup advice.

Sent from my LG-D160 using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Okay guys , got kodi on fire tv, what`s best addon sportdonkey or sportmania. :2thumbsup:

Both good mate. Sportsmania only has sports channels whereas Donkey has lots of different ones.

Okay guys , got kodi on fire tv, what`s best addon sportdonkey or sportmania. :2thumbsup:

I just subscribed to sports mania having messed around for a year jumping from add on to add on to find games.

Sportsmania is in a different class. And for ?17 a month sky and Virgin are going to start seeing drop off.

I wonder what if anything they can do to fight back ?

Went to Sportsmania web page got re-directed, Warning saying this is not the page your looking for are you sure you want to continue?

Don`t want to click on continue, am I using the wrong page

cheers

I tried to renew sportsmania last night and got the same message

Join his Facebook page. You get lots of info on there including a message about payment subscription issues last couple of days.

Dagger Is Back

Just installed Kodi on the PC. Took a while but only because the YT demo was on a previous version. Not entirely sure what I'm doing but some decent movies. Bit disappointed with the quality of the sports streams but will keep on looking.

Just installed Kodi on the PC. Took a while but only because the YT demo was on a previous version. Not entirely sure what I'm doing but some decent movies. Bit disappointed with the quality of the sports streams but will keep on looking.

Try phoenix add on for live sports streams

Rudolf's Mate

Donkey has a few major issues at the moment however Mania has been brilliant since the recent update. Just make sure you're on version 2.3.0

Shame about Donkey as it was imo better than Mania until their recent issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

If anybody fancies paying for subs I'd only go with Sportsmania tbh. The Sports Donkey guy comes across a bit of a weapon on Twitter.

It's basically why I'm always a bit hesitant about handing money over to some random in a foreign country for something they could just decide to pull the plug on at any moment. If your subscribing I'd be doing it in smallish periods. I certainly wouldn't be paying for anything up front.

If anybody fancies paying for subs I'd only go with Sportsmania tbh. The Sports Donkey guy comes across a bit of a weapon on Twitter.

It's basically why I'm always a bit hesitant about handing money over to some random in a foreign country for something they could just decide to pull the plug on at any moment. If your subscribing I'd be doing it in smallish periods. I certainly wouldn't be paying for anything up front.

Do you know if I would have to buy 3 subs for my 3 android device's or could I just buy 1 sub and use it on all 3 device's.

jack D and coke

Do you know if I would have to buy 3 subs for my 3 android device's or could I just buy 1 sub and use it on all 3 device's.

I'm fairly sure you can use them on more than one device. As long as they're tied to the same ISP. I'm not 100% about that though maybe somebody else can confirm...

There is something on the page about using it on multiple devices. I'm pretty sure you can but you're not allowed to use the same account at the same time on two different divices. I think this is to stop you from sharing you're log in details.

I mainly use it on my Droidbox but I've used it on a laptop when down at my mums and it worked fine.

A one off payment for the box mine cost ?80 from droidsticks.

Never again monthly bills to sky or virgin for ?50 upwards each month......................... ever again.

Its a no brainer

For those who still have virgin media, the TV anywhere app now works on any Android device.

Means I can use my fire stick to watch channels in a room without my virgin box.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm fairly sure you can use them on more than one device. As long as they're tied to the same ISP. I'm not 100% about that though maybe somebody else can confirm...

It used to be 1 device logged on at a time but it might have been relaxed if it's now 2.

It used to be 1 device logged on at a time but it might have been relaxed if it's now 2.

It is only 1 device at a time on the one IP address so you can use Smart TV, Laptop, mobile device etc but only 1 at a time. What im not clear about is if you can log out of all the devices & then log in at a different IP address using your unique log in (watching a game at your mates gaff for example).

Rudolf's Mate

It is only 1 device at a time on the one IP address so you can use Smart TV, Laptop, mobile device etc but only 1 at a time. What im not clear about is if you can log out of all the devices & then log in at a different IP address using your unique log in (watching a game at your mates gaff for example).

I had Mania around Feb and I had it on my tablet and used it at my inlaws. I'd assume nothing changed and you can still do this.

I've recently re-subscribed but haven't used it away from home.

Yes, if you log out, then you will definitely be able to watch at a mates. I was able to watch all the sport on my phone on holiday in Cyprus recently using the villas WIFI.

Anyone got an easy to use idiot proof guide to sideloading Kodi to a Firestick please?

There is videos on YouTube how to do it. If you have a android phone get the apps2fire app it let's you sideload kodi from your phone to your fire stick

Anyone got an easy to use idiot proof guide to sideloading Kodi to a Firestick please?

There is videos on YouTube how to do it. If you have a android phone get the apps2fire app it let's you sideload kodi from your phone to your fire stick

I was watching the football on Sportsmania last weekend. The quality was excellent but found that I was being kicked out of the game quite regularly - it kept taking me back to the menu screen and then I had to click to go back into the game.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Archived