Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

One thing I noticed that caused stutter was Windows update was running in the background. With Windows 10 it seems to update most, if not all, drivers automatically. Wasn't just the downloading of them either, background installation. Maybe try switching them off if your watching something

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mrmarkus1981

Sportsmania was back to its best for me at weekend, ran for hours non-stop on FireTV stick on Saturday and couple of hours on RaspberryPi on Sunday.

Cleared cache and purged apps on Pi, as mentioned here. Not guarantee if it helped but seemed to

Quick question - Someone mention above that you "Purge Packages" at least once a week. I have found the maintenance tools and it says 57 packages will be deleted. Can anyone explain what this actually means, what happens when you purge packages.

Someone told me when an addon is updated or an addon is uninstalled, deleting purge packages deleted the old files.

Thanks for that. I thought it might be something like that but didnt want to delete anything without knowing what might happen.

Can I do all this on my android mobile phone or an iPad?

What do I need to download if I can?

Just install Kodi from Play Store, then install the add-ons you want.

Dagger Is Back

I have Kodi on my PC but thinking about buying a Fire Stick. Lots of different videos on line about how to instal Kodi on to a FS but does anyone have one that they use? The simpler the better.

Also, am I as well buying a pre loaded one from Ebay?

Cheers for any help

I have Kodi on my PC but thinking about buying a Fire Stick. Lots of different videos on line about how to instal Kodi on to a FS but does anyone have one that they use? The simpler the better.

Also, am I as well buying a pre loaded one from Ebay?

Cheers for any help

It's really easy if you have an android phone or tablet

You go into the firetv settings and "enable adb"

from there you can download an app that can send apps from your phone to the firetv (there's a few apps that do this - I used  agk fire http://www.agkfire.com/ )

The app WuKong is a great app for controlling and opening "sideloaded" apps on the firetv.

ULSTER HEARTS

I've installed kodi on my mobile but now I am totally clueless what I am meant to do next. Is there any kind person willing to pass on some of their knowledge?

Anyone else having connection issue over the past few days? 

I've tried a few different addons for sport (Vdubt25, Pheonix, Sportsdevil, UK Turk) and Sky Sports won't play on any of them, other streams proving to be juttery and continually buffering.

Not sure that it's my connection as I've tried it at home, at work and on 4G with the same results.

Anyone else having connection issue over the past few days?

I've tried a few different addons for sport (Vdubt25, Pheonix, Sportsdevil, UK Turk) and Sky Sports won't play on any of them, other streams proving to be juttery and continually buffering.

Not sure that it's my connection as I've tried it at home, at work and on 4G with the same results.

Always find that sky sports can be an issue, usually try and find a stream of one of the American broadcasters which seem to be far more stable.

I've installed kodi on my mobile but now I am totally clueless what I am meant to do next. Is there any kind person willing to pass on some of their knowledge?

Just check You Tube on how to install Vdubt25, Pheonix, Sportsmania (or whatever addons you would like). Loads of easy to follow tutorials on there. You have to pay for  Sportsmania but it works brilliantly on my mobile.

Got one of these today http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-keyboard-Tonbux-Streaming-Streamer/dp/B00WWIUIN2

Can't seem to get it to do anything useful. More specifically, lots of apps don't open, in others (eg genesis), I can find programmes but they won't play.

I am ****ing clueless as to what I should be doing. Very close to launching the thing in the bin.

Any suggestions for places I can look to get started with this?

Got one of these today http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-keyboard-Tonbux-Streaming-Streamer/dp/B00WWIUIN2

Can't seem to get it to do anything useful. More specifically, lots of apps don't open, in others (eg genesis), I can find programmes but they won't play.

I am ******* clueless as to what I should be doing. Very close to launching the thing in the bin.

Plenty you tube stuff on this subject now. Couple of quick tips though.

1. It works far better if you hard wire it rather than use wireless. And your speed has to be decent or it will never stop buffering. Above 4-5 mb should be okay.

2. Genesis is probably the best add on to start with and get used to. You search and find the show you want which you seem to have managed. There are dozens and sometimes hundreds of links that come up. Not all of them will work. A lot of them will be dead or links to content that has been taken down. That's simple trial and error and you have to be patient. Keep an eye on the top left hand corner of the screen. If i t says ' no stream available' try another link. The further down the list you go, the lesser the quality but the higher chance of it working buffer free. Keep trying. It will work with a few tweaks and a bit of research and a bit of experience using it. After that it's life changing.

luckyBatistuta

I am ******* clueless as to what I should be doing. Very close to launching the thing in the bin.

For me Peebo...Mobdro and Showbox are the best two for getting started. You can get just about everything you could possibly need from these two alone (SPORT,MOVIES,TV SHOWS). Not really had that many issues with the feeds either. Just go onto the explorer on your box and type in either then just download the apps...simples.

Thanks for tips so far. I have the Ethernet cable in, and tried all these apps (all already on there). I got lists of programmes up when I searched but none opened. Will have another look tonight and on YouTube.

Already thinking it's more hassle than it's worth, though.

Thanks for tips so far. I have the Ethernet cable in, and tried all these apps (all already on there). I got lists of programmes up when I searched but none opened. Will have another look tonight and on YouTube.

if their already installed on the box, then they probably need updated, like apps on your phone. all the latest playlist/programs wont be there. it may be a pain to start with but once you've got the hang of it, its a breeze

jack D and coke

Did you get my PM mate?

Konrad von Carstein

I've just got the same box as Peebo, first use loads of things began updating and it was not letting me access anything.

I can now access films and sport using the Genesis app but there are some things still not working and I can't use the big + sign for anything.

Are there any you tube tutorials that would be recommended? I stumbled across a few but they were a bit meh.

I've just updated to wookie (having bought a T8 box earlier in the year through droidsticks) and it has been terrible recently. Repositories are listing adding but they're simply not launching. Sportsmania also seems to be failing as well, but think that's unconnected.

Konrad von Carstein

same box as peebo and konrad just arrived. is it easy to use/set up for a complete tech novice like me.

When I first switched mine on a few things started to update so probably let that run its course. I'm now trying to familiarise myself with all the various apps and add ons and such like, there is so much variety it's a bit mind boggling but a read through of this thread and taking some notes has helped. Would like someone to direct me to an app that has Fear the Walking Dead and the Bosch tv series from Amazon

jack D and coke

When I first switched mine on a few things started to update so probably let that run its course. I'm now trying to familiarise myself with all the various apps and add ons and such like, there is so much variety it's a bit mind boggling but a read through of this thread and taking some notes has helped. Would like someone to direct me to an app that has Fear the Walking Dead and the Bosch tv series from Amazon

Genesis has everything. Almost all in HD too. There's plenty choice although Genesis is hard to beat.

Konrad von Carstein

Genesis has everything. Almost all in HD too. There's plenty choice although Genesis is hard to beat.

Ill check that out tomorrow.......expect questions :lol:

Had the Man City game at 3, then the Man U game, topped off with Straight Outta Compton tonight. All in all, pretty successful day with it.

luckyBatistuta

Had the Man City game at 3, then the Man U game, topped off with Straight Outta Compton tonight. All in all, pretty successful day with it.

Been meaning to sit down and watch SOC. Is it any good?

Been meaning to sit down and watch SOC. Is it any good?

I thought it was great. I love rap from that era, so I am sure that helped, but thought it was a good film overall, in any case.

I have had my T8 for a while now and running the Wookie on it, no issues at all. The Mrs wanted something for the bedroom so I picked up the Amazon Fire TV box, nice piece of kit. Ran the Wookie on it and was getting all kinds of problems. After a wee browse around I have come across The Black Box OSTV Wizard, fired it on the Amazon Fire last night and works great, also works on other Android boxes, PC, Laptops etc. Just fired it on my iPad and all seems fine.

Here is a video if anyone is interested.

I can post other videos if people with either the Firestick ot the Fire Box need to know how to install Kodi, there are plenty on YouTube though.

jack D and coke

I have had my T8 for a while now and running the Wookie on it, no issues at all. The Mrs wanted something for the bedroom so I picked up the Amazon Fire TV box, nice piece of kit. Ran the Wookie on it and was getting all kinds of problems. After a wee browse around I have come across The Black Box OSTV Wizard, fired it on the Amazon Fire last night and works great, also works on other Android boxes, PC, Laptops etc. Just fired it on my iPad and all seems fine.

I can post other videos if people with either the Firestick ot the Fire Box need to know how to install Kodi, there are plenty on YouTube though.

That's weird my AFTV box works far better with the wookie wizard than my T8, much faster and smoother.....

What version of kodi are you running on the AFTV?

That's weird my AFTV box works far better with the wookie wizard than my T8, much faster and smoother.....

What version of kodi are you running on the AFTV?

That is weird mate. I tried the latest version of Kodi, Isengard and also tried the latest version of SPMC. The thing kept freezing and it was driving me mental. On the T8 I sometimes get booted out when first booting it up but other than that it works a treat, The BlackBox works great on the AFTV and has everything the Mrs needs.

jack D and coke

That is weird mate. I tried the latest version of Kodi, Isengard and also tried the latest version of SPMC. The thing kept freezing and it was driving me mental. On the T8 I sometimes get booted out when first booting it up but other than that it works a treat, The BlackBox works great on the AFTV and has everything the Mrs needs.

Run 14.2 at the moment. 15 and probably 15.1 are buggy as shit.

Dagger Is Back

An easy to follow trusted video for adding Kodi to a Fire Stick would be great mate please

An easy to follow trusted video for adding Kodi to a Fire Stick would be great mate please

Here you go buddy. I used this when I got the AFTV as I hadn't a clue how to install Kodi onto it. Firestarter is also a good app.

Dagger Is Back

Here you go buddy. I used this when I got the AFTV as I hadn't a clue how to install Kodi onto it. Firestarter is also a good app.

Superb just need to buy a FS now!

Thanks very much

luckyBatistuta

Anybody know of any way to get the NFL GamePass on Kodi for free. I've downloaded an app on Kodi for it, but it wants a subscription?

Anybody know of any way to get the NFL GamePass on Kodi for free. I've downloaded an app on Kodi for it, but it wants a subscription?

can't help you with Kodi but you can get a free 7 day trial with NFL GamePass. That'll buy you some time to look into it.

luckyBatistuta

can't help you with Kodi but you can get a free 7 day trial with NFL GamePass. That'll buy you some time to look into it.

Thanks mate, might give that a try.

It's not free, but Sportsmania seems to have all the games live.

luckyBatistuta

I'm looking for Redzone myself, it's bound to be somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you are on Kodi mate, go to...

Live Sports/VDUBT25/USA Sports/NFL Network

You will find it on there.

If you are on Kodi mate, go to...

Live Sports/VDUBT25/USA Sports/NFL Network

You will find it on there.

Got it sorted mate, Sports Donkey was being cheeky and hiding them under special events. Got it crystal clear. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

It's not free, but Sportsmania seems to have all the games live.

You can get Game Pass through Hola, but I'm still trying to work it out. Think it's through a Dutch link.

Archived