Boxing and UFC

Masonic

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Anyway Anna Woolhouse the winner in this hoose…

DF5A8B09-088B-4485-BE6E-0B2AF07B5A70.jpeg

Cannot disagree…. Shes has to be lock us in a room for a fortnight and see if we are both still alive at the end levels of fun 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shooter McGavin

Strange to think at one point how huge the appetite for Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua was, and now only a couple of years later and all the hype behind that pretty much dead in the water.

Tyson likely would have strolled it, but would have been immense to see the numbers that fight would have done.

What could have been eh…

jack D and coke

Why are they making a big deal of Joshua’s reaction? 
He said some some nothing stuff.
Nothing offensive to anyone. 

It’s headline news🤷🏽‍♂️😂

**** sake

Had it 115-113 to the Champ and there was one or two rounds that could have gone either way. Usyk is great. Fast hands, great movement and heart of a lion. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s headline news🤷🏽‍♂️😂

**** sake

He's black and lost.

Personally thought he recovered well after the melt down 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

He's black and lost.

Personally thought he recovered well after the melt down 

I thought he was a bit emotional but so what. Jonny sins would’ve knocked Usyk oot for me. 

Well that went pretty much as expected, Joshua just couldn’t cope with Usyks movement, oh and made a tit of himself at the end, acted like a man that knows he’s finished now. Shame, hoped to see Fury wipe him out but that’s not going to happen now. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I thought he was a bit emotional but so what. Jonny sins would’ve knocked Usyk oot for me. 

No many folk could handle an 8 inch boaby to their puss

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: cmon man. I’d like AJ to win tbh. I don’t think he’s a great boxer or anything but I think he usually gives you a good fight. He used to anyway when he was aggressive. 
I hope he goes for it. 

Fury will hammer both on the same night. Now AJ can go back to robbing auld ladies.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I mind @ri Albansaying he only needed a few weeks to get ready for AJ…

Mibbe you vs usyk or gypsy king…
Scotland's first heavyweight champion? 

30 years ago. If you can't beat a cruiser weight when your a fully fledged Super heavyweight, you need to chuck it. I see he managed to go the distance, with a man whose head is distracted with another country killing his own. But AJ 😭

Away and fight Whyte or Chisora it's your level AJ. Or fight Wilder and get Knocked out. Better go back to criminality, AJ. 

Amazing how Fury said a couple of things when he was younger and was vilified, yet AJ was a wee robbing violent thug, but is some sort of role model. Mair like Quasimodo.

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Strange to think at one point how huge the appetite for Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua was, and now only a couple of years later and all the hype behind that pretty much dead in the water.

Tyson likely would have strolled it, but would have been immense to see the numbers that fight would have done.

What could have been eh…

They can still sell it. The British will buy anything wrapped in a union jack.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s headline news🤷🏽‍♂️😂

**** sake

Wasn't really offensive he just had a wee meltdown moment and he did take away the limelight from Usyk.

I think when he stormed off he had to be told by his team it was the right decision though as before he does I'm sure he says to Usyk how did you beat me , you were more technical but I had more character and heart or words to that effect and then stormed off.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Where does AJ go from here then?

I'm a Celebrity? Could take a can of Lynx Africa as a luxury item. 

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

This is what happens when the British media fill yer head with hype upon hype, year after year.   

It was clear within a couple of his defences that he didn't have what it takes.  He lacks the punching power that the likes of Fury have to take out his opponents.

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Wasn't really offensive he just had a wee meltdown moment and he did take away the limelight from Usyk.

I think when he stormed off he had to be told by his team it was the right decision though as before he does I'm sure he says to Usyk how did you beat me , you were more technical but I had more character and heart or words to that effect and then stormed off.

Usyk looked pretty cool about it. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Usyk said he had trained really well to get a lot stronger. Maybe Joshua's team never talked to him much about Usyk. 

The question for Joshua is why did he not take more of a risk after winning the 9th. 

1 hour ago, benny said:

Decent enough fight but none of the two would come close to beating Fury.

I think Wilder would beat both as well.

Wilder stands next to no chance of beating Usyk. He wouldn’t be able to land that big bomb of his and Usyk has a granite chin. 

He would beat Joshua however. 

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Think the lesson here is never give a mic to someone who’s just been pummelled in the head for 12 rounds

Joshua is a complete arseholes and a racist     

I hope he loses every fight from now on. 

Samuel Camazzola

Those in a position with a voice were harping on about how a Joshua win could pave the way for a super-fight with Fury. The reality is that Usyk v Fury is always going to be a more of an attraction. 

6 hours ago, indianajones said:

AJ wishing he had been KOd and unable to speak now. 

A bit of a cliche but actually true. The same for gobshite Fury.

indianajones
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A bit of a cliche but actually true. The same for gobshite Fury.

Usyk is a proper legend. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Shooter McGavin

I used to try and defend boxing to my pals, who are all MMA fans, but I’m done trying to defend it now.

It’s like the entire sport is run by some dysfunctional bowling club committee, full of absolute dinosaurs.

UFC are light years ahead in almost every aspect.

4 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I used to try and defend boxing to my pals, who are all MMA fans, but I’m done trying to defend it now.

It’s like the entire sport is run by some dysfunctional bowling club committee, full of absolute dinosaurs.

UFC are light years ahead in almost every aspect.

Do you think UFC will be able to keep this kind of hold over MMA for the foreseeable? As far as I can see it’s held up like the Premier Division. 

I’m not that into it but I often wonder how MMA would look if it it ended up with the fractured farce of governing bodies that boxing has now. It’s not so much with boxing a single dysfunctional bowling committee there’s 4 main ones then a whole raft of others as well! Utterly mental how it splintered. 

Edited by BlueRiver