Boxing and UFC

Masonic

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I wish he would knock Steve Bunce out. What a fud. 

And Paul I think im a poet Dempsey

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was never in doubt tbh. Fury is one of the best. I think most fighters in history struggle with Fury because of sheer size and awkwardness. Says it is his last but will he deny himself the chance of being undisputed champion? Making another 100 million?  

doubtful. 

13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

They are a pair of “dossers” as Fury might say.

I hope Usyk beats Joshua again. Would be an interesting fight if he faced Fury.  He’s a good boxer. 

He is, but he's fae too small against Tyson. I'd like to see it, but I'd rather see Tyson embarrass AJ.

Lennox is/was the last undisputed champion. That man was class.

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke

I used to really dislike Fury but I’ll be pretty disappointed if he calls it a day. I’ve really warmed to him, I enjoy all his carry on and he’s clearly the best heavyweight around. 
I understand why he wants to go out now but I hope he hangs around for a bit yet. 
Made Whyte look almost amateur tonight. 
Great performance. 

Fury is very good but he needs to fight Usyk for undisputed if he wants to go down as a great heavyweight for me.

Wilder and Whyte are heavy punchers but limited boxers and perfect for Fury really.

Usyk is the only heavyweight with a Boxing IQ on Furys level and I reckon would give him a lot of problems.

Fury's size and skill would make him favourite but it would be an interesting fight. 

42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Fury is very good but he needs to fight Usyk for undisputed if he wants to go down as a great heavyweight for me.

Wilder and Whyte are heavy punchers but limited boxers and perfect for Fury really.

Usyk is the only heavyweight with a Boxing IQ on Furys level and I reckon would give him a lot of problems.

Fury's size and skill would make him favourite but it would be an interesting fight. 

Is there not a doubt if/when Usyk fights next due to his commitments defending Ukraine?

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Is there not a doubt if/when Usyk fights next due to his commitments defending Ukraine?

Usyk left Ukraine end March to train for the Joshua rematch. Would assume Fury would want to fight the winner, almost certainly if it was Joshua.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dillian Shite.

The heavyweight division is flooded with second rate fighters clogging up world title fights - Whyte, Chisora, Parker etc. Fury was always going to piss it last night. 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Dillian Shite.

The heavyweight division is flooded with second rate fighters clogging up world title fights - Whyte, Chisora, Parker etc. Fury was always going to piss it last night. 

This is the problem with heavyweight division these days. Tyson is an elite fighter who would clearly have given any heavyweight from any era a nightmare. However we never know if he is a ATG because apart from Klitschko he hasn’t fought enough elite level fighter to prove that he is. Beats Usyk and wins the undisputed title the he can be talked in the bracket. Edit - unifies the belts. He has already been undisputed. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

SuperstarSteve
20 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

This is the problem with heavyweight division these days. Tyson is an elite fighter who would clearly have given any heavyweight from any era a nightmare. However we never know if he is a ATG because apart from Klitschko he hasn’t fought enough elite level fighter to prove that he is. Beats Usyk and wins the undisputed title the he can be talked in the bracket. Edit - unifies the belts. He has already been undisputed. 

I don’t think he has been undisputed yet. Klitchko had never held the WBC title. Fury had to return and beat wilder to lift that belt for the first time.  

Although he is the only heavyweight in history to lift all the belts in the division, granted he did pick up Irish title when other fighters couldn’t compete for it.  He has never held WBC, WBA, WBO and and IBF at the same time. 

Fury v Usyk/AJ winner would become the first undisputed champion since Lewis am sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Canelo is clearly a great fighter, no question, but it was good to see him lose last night - and the scorecards, yet again, were incredibly biased towards him. It’s felt to me like boxing has tried to protect him at all costs, basically because he’s worth so much money to certain people. It’s all about business, sadly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Documentary just starting on BBC3 about the fight between Eddie Hall and the big lad that I can’t spell (Habjor Björnsson?) who played The Mountain in Game Of Thrones. Be interesting probably. 

• 2 weeks later...
SuperstarSteve

Taylor vacated his WBC title instead of facing mandatory and with Nobody interested in fighting him at 147 it’s looking like the Carterall fight is gonna be run back. 

Shields v Marshall Undisputed on 10th sep. An absolute must watch fight and guaranteed to be a game changer for woman’s boxing. 

• 3 weeks later...
Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

UFC London tonight. Pretty stacked for a UK card. 

Hoping Paul Craig can get a victory tonight, against ozademir. Will be tough fight, especially as Craig’s defense isn’t the best. However, he has certainly shown an ability of getting the fight to the ground where he excels. If he wins tonight that would be 5 straight and title shot wouldn’t be far away. Especially in the LHW division that isn’t at its strongest right now. I expect he’s try to engage and pull card straight away. 

I expect Paddy the Baddy will continue his rise and increase his value within the UFC. Kind of hoping he KO’s  his opponent to see if he does indeed teabag him 😂

The biggest fight is certainly the Curtis Blaydes v Tom Aspimal. Aspinall has been on an absolute tear since joining the UFC. Winning 5 fights in about 18 months and only one of them making into the second round. The guy has ridiculous hand speed for his size, power, top notch bjj and strong wrestling. I think we see him take Blaydes down and finish him on ground 

If he does get a finish tonight, you would imagine he will get a shot a interim title  

Should be an excellent card tonight. Main card starts a 8pm uk time for those interested. 

8pm? Great, I've stopped bothering with all these witching hour events, I'll be up for that.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Gutted for Aspinall. Freak injury, but also common in ufc. Hopefully can heal and go again. 

He's in a lot of pain 

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Fair play to Paddy. He tea bagged the point.

Nice message about male suicide and mental health. 

Fair play 👍

Who was that boy he was fighting though? He was a bum, looked like he hadn't seen a gym all year. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm looking forward to this Eubank Jr v Connor Been fight. 

It's on the Dazn app as well. 

Come on Connor!

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Usyk in about 6for me - think AJ might just be happy with the money now.

I can't see Usyk knocking him out, AJ is the bigger man and will be better prepared than last time (you'd think)

scott herbertson
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I can't see Usyk knocking him out, AJ is the bigger man and will be better prepared than last time (you'd think)

I think he might - If AJ tries to win it he will be open, in a way he wasn't last time where he just stayed cautious

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I think he might - If AJ tries to win it he will be open, in a way he wasn't last time where he just stayed cautious

Well, i hope you're right, it will be funny as ****.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

He has to this time I think. If he lets it go past maybe 6 rounds usyk wins for certain I think. 
He has to let it go and risk it for me. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The lump of wood will be retired from boxing. Sparked in the first or second round.

:lol: cmon man. I’d like AJ to win tbh. I don’t think he’s a great boxer or anything but I think he usually gives you a good fight. He used to anyway when he was aggressive. 
I hope he goes for it. 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Joshua to win and set a best of 3 big money 3rd fight?

I’m looking forward to the fight and I hope AJ does it tbh. 
If he does that big gobshite Fury has to put up or STFU imo. 
I don’t think AJ has ducked anyone in all fairness to him. 

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Joshua to win and set a best of 3 big money 3rd fight?

I think if AJ wins (which I highly doubt) he goes for Fury it would be the biggest fight purse of all time and there’s no chance Fury would refuse it. If there’s a rematch clause I reckon it’ll be bought out to allow AJ v Fury. If Usyk wins (I reckon he stops AJ in 7) he’ll own the division for a couple of years fighting the likes of Wilder etc and we’re unlikely to see AJ or Fury fight again both will retire.

Shooter McGavin

One thing the UFC does so much better than boxing is when theres an event, for example UFC 278, it’s so much easier to bang that into google and see all the undercard and the schedule for the night,

Trying to find out the undercards in boxing is a total pain in the a***

Greedy Jambo
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m looking forward to the fight and I hope AJ does it tbh. 
If he does that big gobshite Fury has to put up or STFU imo. 
I don’t think AJ has ducked anyone in all fairness to him. 

Can't play Rust, Wants AJ to win. I'm not sure i could dislike you anymore. lol

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Can't play Rust, Wants AJ to win. I'm not sure i could dislike you anymore. lol

Shite at rust man that game drives me mad🤪

I want AJ to win cos I want the fury fight to happen😬

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Shite at rust man that game drives me mad🤪

I want AJ to win cos I want the fury fight to happen😬

Everyone is shite at rust at first.

There's so much more to it, if you give it a chance. 

And yes, fair point, but i'm not sure it's going to happen anyway, would take an AJ knockout, so we can just all move on and play more rust. haha. 

AJ needs to KO him, he's not going to beat Usyk on points and come round 9 AJ is usually blowing out his hoop.

Usyk to stop him in 10. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Everyone is shite at rust at first.

There's so much more to it, if you give it a chance. 

And yes, fair point, but i'm not sure it's going to happen anyway, would take an AJ knockout, so we can just all move on and play more rust. haha. 

Aye I know it’s good and I just wish everyone would stop killing me😂trust no one in those games tho eh🙈
Anyway moan AJ. Moan son🥊