Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Fury attention seeking as per.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/14/tyson-fury-sends-lawyers-letter-to-bbc-demanding-spoty-list-removal-sports-personality-of-the-year

I know he just likes to keep his profile high to sell tickets, so I'm falling into his trap, but I'd really enjoy seeing AJ knock him out. Unfortunately I think there's more chance of the opposite happening.

Edited to add, Fury is a drug cheating ****

Edited by fancy a brew

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Fury attention seeking as per.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/14/tyson-fury-sends-lawyers-letter-to-bbc-demanding-spoty-list-removal-sports-personality-of-the-year

I know he just likes to keep his profile high to sell tickets, so I'm falling into his trap, but I'd really enjoy seeing AJ knock him out. Unfortunately I think there's more chance of the opposite happening.

Edited to add, Fury is a drug cheating ****

No he isn't. He tested positive for Coke and alcohol while he was in rehab for depression. 

Tell us about AJ and his time on remand, and was lucky not to get 15 years in prison for gang violence. But hey let's hate the gypsies. 

C'mon Tyson, put this plank a wuid into retirement. 

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No he isn't. He tested positive for Coke and alcohol while he was in rehab for depression. 

Tell us about AJ and his time on remand, and was lucky not to get 15 years in prison for gang violence. But hey let's hate the gypsies. 

C'mon Tyson, put this plank a wuid into retirement. 

:wtfvlad:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-drugs-ban-nandrolone-failed-test-ukad-anti-doping-408719

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye cause AJ isn't on PEDs. :rofl:

Neither was Fury, him and his cousin both ate the same uncastrated wild boar. 😉

A perfectly innocent mix up, which he accepted a 2 year ban for. :whistling:

Canelo V Smith tomorrow. Huge risk for Canelo IMO. 

The size difference is huge. Smith could easily compete in the light heavyweight division. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It appears Khabib isn’t retired but isn’t committed to comeback. He wants to see if anyone over the next weekends fights ‘impress’ him.

I guess this is code for if McGregor wins, I will take the truck loads off money Uncle Dana will pay me and if the doesn’t happen and Uncle Dana still pays me enough to fight Chandler or Oliveria O’ll be back. 

The only person out of that three who I think could beat Khabib is McGregor, his stand up is substantially better and as he showed in first bout he has very good TDD and defensive grappling for as long as his cardio lasts. Problem is his cardio, it is shit at that level and I suspect its even worse now considering how ****ing jacked he appears nowadays. That said he generally takes people out pretty ****ng quickly. 

I was thinking about this the other day. McGregor hasn’t actually retired once. Taking time off and training during it isn’t retirement it’s just making people talk about you between fights. 

1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Did anyone watch the Holloway masterclass tonight 2nd 50-42 in ufc history! 

Bugger.  I thought it was on at 1.

1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Did anyone watch the Holloway masterclass tonight 2nd 50-42 in ufc history! 

He made Kattar look like he'd just stepped in a octagon and was learning the ropes, yet Kattar still threw over 300 strikes of his own. The amount of body shots he absored was insane...if Holloway could add power to his volume he could clean out the 55 division as well imo (until Khabib came back obv)

Holloway was ridiculously good last night.

has stepped it up a level after his title losses

during the last round where he was dodging his opponents punches while not looking and talking to DC at the same time was unreal 😁

the body shots followed by the elbows to the head in the 4th round were brutal

kattar is tough as they come, herb dean was looking to stop it during the 4th as calvin was taking so much punishment but he just wouldn't go down

On 17/01/2021 at 20:30, Lord BJ said:

Interestingly Halloway didn’t spar before this fight. He believes he knows how to fight so doesn’t need the damage that sparring brings. 

It's good to a point, but being able to fight is one thing, but you need to build up and resistance to being hit. Which will happen alot when he fights the elite, again. He shouldn't be fighting as far as I'm concerned, he's 1 hit away from a wheelchair or worse. 

Chandler but hopefully he's not another Ben Askren. 

Cm v DP will be over in 2 minutes. But that 2 minutes is going to be special. Conor is in Dustin's head and his counter is unbelievably good. 

Can't wait. 

14 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

anyone seen a stream for 257? cant find any at all. cheers.

Never mind that, someone give me their BT log in for the app lol.

Mine lasted about a year after cancelling it, *******s eventually caught on though. 

bobby bombscare

anyone know somewhere decent to stream it? Wanting to watch it but sick of paying mega money to watch sports nowadays. Between Skysports for the SPL (when we were in it), BT sport for champions league, PPV for pretty much all boxing and PPV for all the UFC, you're looking at well over the cost of a season ticket to watch them.. 

I'm no ashamed to admit i'm too tight to pay all that

Streaming great atm, but the minute the main events appear, no doubt it'll be unwatchable. Firestick. 

Edited by ri Alban

Spoiler

Excellent from porrier, those leg kicks worked a treat

Edited by gordiegords

1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Excellent from porrier, those leg kicks worked a treat.

Spoiler is your friend. 👍

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not so ****ing notorious now are you. 

EB03C2CD-13A3-440F-9E00-7D9AFE5A44E0.jpeg

Win some you lose some. Gracious in defeat as always. 

Conor is finished as a top fighter and has been for sometime to be honest.Well pleased for Dustin have followed him since before he was in UFC after I seen him in a documentary about MMA fighters on low level circuit dreaming of making it to the UFC.

More activity and Conor will be back to his best. But he needs to stay at lightweight or welterweight, not both. 

Congratulations to DP he's good lad. 

February and March are stacked with great fights. 

Roll on 2021.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

More activity and Conor will be back to his best. But he needs to stay at lightweight or welterweight, not both. 

Congratulations to DP he's good lad. 

February and March are stacked with great fights. 

Roll on 2021.

He needs to go right back to the basics for a start before he becomes a fighter again.What the **** is with boxing stance now.He should just enjoy his life out of the limelight now and sit back with that Proper 12 money coming in.Like him or hate him though he has been great for the sport of MMA  

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That was a walk in the park for poirier. Didn't expect that. 

Dustin is an elite fighter who puts everything he has into the sport and is still chasing his dream.Conors dream came and went along time ago now.

Kicked the calf’s out of McGregor. Surprised team McGregor didn’t train for that as it has been a weakness for him for a long time. Everyone who has been talking about this fight has said that is how Dustin would go for it. 

Glad he got his arse handed to him. A windbag who was totally overrated. No stamina, shite on the ground and can’t take a hit. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Kicked the calf’s out of McGregor. Surprised team McGregor didn’t train for that as it has been a weakness for him for a long time. Everyone who has been talking about this fight has said that is how Dustin would go for it. 

Glad he got his arse handed to him. A windbag who was totally overrated. No stamina, shite on the ground and can’t take a hit. 

This. 

Mr Tapout is done.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

But he needs to stay at lightweight or welterweight, not both. 

Not convinced that this part makes any difference tbh. He's never even fought a career welterweight and it's not all that likely he ever will.

He just can't be arsed cutting weight and used his fame and the the influence it brings to fight a couple of natural lightweights without a weight cut.

He looked in great shape so not sure that the cut made much difference.

The UFC will probably stop letting him fight lightweights at 170lbs after that.

His best days are behind him and he's not improved since 2015 whereas guys like Dustin, Oliveira, Holloway and Gaethje all have. 

Guessing they'll give him Diaz, Felder or even RDA at 155lbs next. Still some scores to settle there. Hard to see him troubling the top 5 again. His fire is gone.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

:rofl: Stick to blowing your own windbag. Conor would feck you up before you could say shite bag. 

Shooter McGavin
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: Stick to blowing your own windbag. Conor would feck you up before you could say shite bag. 

Conor McGregor could beat a presumably untrained person from an online football forum?

Wowzers. 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He's also not shite on the ground. He's a legit BJJ brown belt and has been for more than 3 years so he'll get his black belt soon enough.

From what i hear he taps out black belts regularly so it'll happen sooner rather than later.

He's just not elite. There's a million miles between club black belts and world class wrestlers.

It's hard for British, Irish, Australians etc that have no real culture or background in wrestling to compete with elite wrestlers i suppose.

The US, Russia, Brazil etc have a huge advantage with that side of the game.

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I’ll just set my mate Tyson fury on him 😏