Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Usman v Masdival is being reported as agreed. COVID protocols need to be passed for it to happen.

So it appears it on. 

I’m going to pick Masdival in the upset for victory. I think the fact it’s a weeks notice will suit him much more than Usman. 

Prefer this to the Burns match up if honest.

I think this fight should have been made in the first place, there's some bad blood between the 2 and i think it would bring in better pay per view figures. 

It will be tough for Masvidal, the weeks notice will be a disadvantage IMO. 

I hope he sparks Usman out though. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlimOzturk
10 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/53264282

link to watch the 10th round. 

Legendary comeback. Sad end for Diego Corrales as he lost his last three professional fights, spent a year in prison for domestic battery of his then pregnant wife and went onto kill himself drink driving on a motorbike. 

Was a machine in his prime. 

last night like 13 favs won in a row

before that there was only 2 underdogs who won in last 20-25 fights approx

some run for the favs

On 12/07/2020 at 04:48, ri Alban said:

Too much muscle Jose, not enough oxygen. 

looks like the old aldo wonder if its got something to do with testing and the virus

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Iron mikes back v Roy Jones Jr in september

Exhibition fight like? 5 rounds of not really trying to knock each other out?

On 23/07/2020 at 18:37, Space Pirate said:

Exhibition fight like? 5 rounds of not really trying to knock each other out?

8 rounds

hes talkin bout getting other old school stars to box as well like allen iversen from the nba and dennis rodman

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Big Fight in UFC tonight. Going for Miocic, O'Malley and JDS. 

I'm usually a DC fan, but he's been getting on ma tits lately, with his Khabib baw hugging. GSP will fecking have Khabib next April. 

Anyway, I still want DC to win, but I wish Stipe would cheer the Feck up, he's a bore. Great guy, but a bore. 

O'Mally is good to watch, but someone is gonnae do him. 

Oh and JDS should have retired, he will after tonight. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

If like to see Khabib v GSP. Would be interesting, GSP has way better stand up. It’s comes down to the wrestling for me. As good as wrestler GSP is don’t think he’s as good Khabib. 

Match would like to see. Though I do wonder if GSP just jabs the duck out him for 5 rounds as he’s strong enough and good enough to defend the takedown. 

I’m on the O’Malley hype train. Like the ways he fights and he’s ridiculously long for that weight. Hope he wins tonight and faces Cody next. That would be a great match up. 

JDS should have retired but I don’t rate that Rozenstruik. He’s massively overhyped for me. 

I quite like DC, albeit no preference for who wins tonight. I just think Stipe is the bigger man, I know Cormier weighed in heavier but they’re completely different frames. Miocic is fundamentally stronger to me. 

Looking forward to it👍

Me tae 👍 Enjoy! 

Oh, what about wee Carl? Personally, I think he's done. 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Miocic won the bout clearly for me. The eye pock at the end of 3rd was unfortunate. 

O’Mally hype train was derailed. Albeit he injured himself in the fight. I do wonder if his frame will mean he can’t throw leg kicks. I think that might be second times he injured himself in a fight. 

JDR defo needs to retire. 

Ended up feeling slightly underwhelming in end. I do miss the crowds at these events as well. 

Jon Jones is teasing a move to heavyweight. I would like to see that. Think some good matches for him with Miocic and Nganno.

I had Miocic 4-1. DC will moan about the eye poke, but he's terrible for them and poked Miocic in the 1st. He was having real trouble with his eye before that, at the end of the 2nd after Miocic clipped him. I like DC but he moans too much 

12 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Jon Jones has vacated the LHW title. 

Reyes v Blacowick (so) for tLHW title.

Jon Jones off to heavyweight it appears. 

He knows Reyes has his number and Stipe is a walk in the park. 

Any Whyte vs Povetkin predictions? Povetkin is more skilled and has the experience but is much smaller and a veteran. Still wouldn't shock me if Povetkin caused an upset. 

Samuel Camazzola
50 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Any Whyte vs Povetkin predictions? Povetkin is more skilled and has the experience but is much smaller and a veteran. Still wouldn't shock me if Povetkin caused an upset. 

Whyte is looking in good shape. The most defined he's been and sounds like he's focused. I suppose that can mean little as Joshua is a specimen and often speaks in rehearsed riddles but can look underwhelming on the night. 

I predict Whyte to win with a mid to three quarter stoppage but the real drama to come when he kicks off afterwards. 😂

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Whyte will tank him. 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

If that happens it's a career best win for Whyte.

Hmm, mibbee aye, mibbee naw. I'd probably say Parker would remain his toughest even if he beats Povetkin. Not much in it though tbf. 

Povetkins tough but I think DW is just so hungry to be World Champ that he'd punch through brick walls for a shot and he's not going to let Povetkin piss all over his cornflakes at the last hurdle. 

Whyte v Povetkin tonight. Can’t wait

Whyte is the best shape of his career. Most improved boxer in the division. 

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Whyte v Povetkin tonight. Can’t wait

Whyte is the best shape of his career. Most improved boxer in the division. 

Agreed. I really enjoy watching Dillian fight, loves a scrap.

Povetkin a skilled operator but not the biggest, I can’t see anything other than a Whyte win personally but it’s all about styles and we’ll see. 
Looking forward to it. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Hmm, mibbee aye, mibbee naw. I'd probably say Parker would remain his toughest even if he beats Povetkin. Not much in it though tbf. 

Povetkins tough but I think DW is just so hungry to be World Champ that he'd punch through brick walls for a shot and he's not going to let Povetkin piss all over his cornflakes at the last hurdle. 

You said Whyte will 'tank him'. Whyte certainly didn't tank Parker. I think Whyte will edge it but it will be closer than bookie odds. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You said Whyte will 'tank him'. Whyte certainly didn't tank Parker. I think Whyte will edge it but it will be closer than bookie odds. 

Parker is far too cagey and won’t open up its probably his biggest fault imo. He had Whyte in all sorts of bother in the last round of their fight and had he let the hands go much earlier in the fight who knows. He can dig and he can take a punch. He’s a bit of an unknown for me, he’s got more than he gives. He’s lost a couple of decisions that could’ve been different. 

jack D and coke
55 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

C'mon Povetkin, knock that lard arsed nobody right out. 

You beat him tae aye? :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke