Masonic

Boxing and UFC

ri Alban
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

If you like the history of boxing there’s a great documentary on Amazon called Facing Ali. 

Any biopic of Ali, never shows his true character. A nasty piece of work, especially towards women. But they like to gloss over stuff like that. 

Lord BJ
On 21/09/2020 at 06:31, ri Alban said:

Do u think Conor will fight Nate, or weight for his rematch with Khabib next year? . GSP isn't going to 155, imo.

KM will need to go to 170 to fight GSP, but that is also not happening, hell stay at 155 to fight smaller men than him(Conor did the same with 145), because they're all a little bit bigger up there, plus CM is also bigger.

On CM, I think he should stay at 170, he'll be brilliant in that division, now that he's adjusted. It took Nigel Benn a wee while to adjust his style in the super middleweight division , but when he did. Well... Marvellous! 

Looks like you have your answer. 

Boxing match v PacMan, is apparently very close to agreement. 

It’s also been revealed that if it wasn’t for COVID it would have been Gaetjae v McGregor for a shot Khabib. Though the best thing about that is McGregor tried to get a fight with Diego Sanchez in Dublin. Dana told him to **** of as he would have promoters license revoked if he tried to make that fight😂

I expect it to happen and the money making machine the McGregor roles on through and collects another massive payday. 

Big UFC this weekend with MW and LHW titles up for grabs. The MW is a really tough fight to call, I’ll go for Izzy getting the victory but Costa ko or sub him would not surprise me. Really tough fight to predict.

LHW I’m predicting Reyes for my money he beat Jones and I expect him to dispatch Jan. 

Lovecraft
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Looks like you have your answer. 

Boxing match v PacMan, is apparently very close to agreement. 

It’s also been revealed that if it wasn’t for COVID it would have been Gaetjae v McGregor for a shot Khabib. Though the best thing about that is McGregor tried to get a fight with Diego Sanchez in Dublin. Dana told him to **** of as he would have promoters license revoked if he tried to make that fight😂

I expect it to happen and the money making machine the McGregor roles on through and collects another massive payday. 

Big UFC this weekend with MW and LHW titles up for grabs. The MW is a really tough fight to call, I’ll go for Izzy getting the victory but Costa ko or sub him would not surprise me. Really tough fight to predict.

LHW I’m predicting Reyes for my money he beat Jones and I expect him to dispatch Jan. 

Really looking forward to tonight's fights.  Might have a power snooze about 10pm to make sure I stay awake later.

Tazio

Well that’s the latest McGregor circus show confirmed. Hopefully Manny doesn’t have the patience for mucking around for ages and treats it like a proper fight. 

Masonic

Screenshot_2020-09-26-22-29-43.png

Greedy Jambo

Wasn't arsed about Adesanya v Costa until i watched them squaring off, they absolute ****ing hate each other! haha. 

That's the sort of shit that get's me excited. 

scott herbertson

Great body shot by Taylor - didn't see how good it was until the other camera angles showed it.

hearts151

😅

Screenshot_20200926-223607.png

Gone

That looked very sketchy. Guy was after a quick cheque by the looks of things

ri Alban
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well that’s the latest McGregor circus show confirmed. Hopefully Manny doesn’t have the patience for mucking around for ages and treats it like a proper fight. 

Which weight division is it? Because Conor is far too big for Manny at welterweight. 

Anyway, Conor! Sorry, but Manny is my favourite fighter of all time. Well, Both Manny and Nigel Benn are. 

ri Alban

Humility is non existent with Israel. So I'll be watching, waiting and celebrating when he is flattened. 

ri Alban

I wonder who Donald Trump will be cheering for in December between Colby and Jorge. A pair of fuds.

Greedy Jambo

A lasagne made that look easy. 

ri Alban
22 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A lasagne made that look easy. 

Pasta Costa didn't seem right. Paid off, me thinks. 

Lord BJ

Mike Perry tweeted that he would allow whoever  offered him the most money, could be in his corner with his pregnant girlfriend. 

Anyway Darren Till, who has a few spats with Perry, has said he will pay 5k to corner him and it looks like it’s going to happen. 

Bizzare

Lord BJ

McGregor has accepted a fight with Porrier on the proviso it’s this year, according to his twitter and reports. Not that much he says is to be believed. 

ri Alban
12 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregor has accepted a fight with Porrier on the proviso it’s this year, according to his twitter and reports. Not that much he says is to be believed. 

Charity fight in Dublin was the initial proposal without the UFC. But Uncle Fester can't keep away. 

Lord BJ
Just now, ri Alban said:

Charity fight in Dublin was the initial proposal without the UFC. But Uncle Fester can't keep away. 

Thats just Conor playing ‘chase me’ with UFC. 

Would like to see fight, not sure who wins. Who you got?

Can’t lie I like me a Connor fight, not what it once was but entertainment is guaranteed in some shape or form. 

ri Alban
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Thats just Conor playing ‘chase me’ with UFC. 

Would like to see fight, not sure who wins. Who you got?

Can’t lie I like me a Connor fight, not what it once was but entertainment is guaranteed in some shape or form. 

Good fight. Mcgregor W again, but a lot closer, this time. 

Lord BJ
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Good fight. Mcgregor W again, but a lot closer, this time. 

I think I’d probably edge toward Cm win, but think it would be, and would need to be, by KO.

You back training yet?

ri Alban
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think I’d probably edge toward Cm win, but think it would be, and would need to be, by KO.

You back training yet?

Nope. Too busy working. My son wants me to start back the Thai boxing. But I think that's a no no, atm. 

How bout yourself? 

Lord BJ
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nope. Too busy working. My son wants me to start back the Thai boxing. But I think that's a no no, atm. 

How bout yourself? 

Training hard at the gym but struggling with a rib/ab injury at moment. 

Yeah no chance of contact sports/training at the moment. At least the hard graft will be keeping you in shape👍

ri Alban
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Training hard at the gym but struggling with a rib/ab injury at moment. 

Yeah no chance of contact sports/training at the moment. At least the hard graft will be keeping you in shape👍

Was that yourself with the rib thread? Or are we all so reckless. :D

Lord BJ
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Was that yourself with the rib thread? Or are we all so reckless. :D

Not me. We are all so reckless

Edited by Lord BJ

Lord BJ

Lovecraft
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Peach!

Lord BJ

McGregor has tweeted he’s accepted the Porrier fighht for Jan. Its all hard to tell what fake and real with CM.

Thats said I think we see him fighting Porrier in Jan. 

Good match up.

132goals1958

Just witnessed the most scandalous decision in a long time . Lewis Ritson totally outboxed by Miguel Vasquez over 12 rounds. Somehow he got a majority decision with one judge giving him it by 6 rounds. An absolute embarrassment which beggared belief 

moogsy

Lomachenko completely outclassed by Lopez last night. He had his moments but was far too inactive in the early rounds.

AlimOzturk
34 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Lomachenko completely outclassed by Lopez last night. He had his moments but was far too inactive in the early rounds.

He was well beaten but how one Judge gave 11-1 to Łópez I’ll never know. 

Lomachenko to cocky and confident. Treated it like a sparring session and never actually got started until round 8. His corner must have told him he was behind. 

ri Alban

Great performance for the new and improved Brian Ortega. 

Lord BJ
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Great performance for the new and improved Brian Ortega. 

It was indeed. How the zombie took that spinning back elbow is beyond me. 

Edited by Lord BJ

ri Alban
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It was indeed. How the zombie took that spinning back elbow is beyond me. 

The zombie wasn't his usual self. But the lad can take a hit. 

The head butt was a bit of bad luck for him, anaw. 

Lord BJ

Massive fight this weekend. 

A lot of people think Gaetjae has the right style to beat Khabib. They might be right but I think Khabib grabs him and controls him on the ground for probably 5 rounds. 

See this very similar to the Porrier fight. 

Khabib grabs you and does what he wants until someone proves otherwise, it’s hard to bet against him. 

I’ll take Whittaker against Cannoier, though it’s the flip of a coin. 

ri Alban

Khabib's tea is oot. Justin is the best wrestler in the UFC and he only uses it to keep the fight on its feet. Khabib has nothing if he can't hug your legs until you get so bored you just give him the win

Thank feck for the firestick, as I would not pay to watch this. 

Lord BJ

Khabib wins and jacks it 🤷🏻‍♂️

AlimOzturk
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Khabib's tea is oot. Justin is the best wrestler in the UFC and he only uses it to keep the fight on its feet. Khabib has nothing if he can't hug your legs until you get so bored you just give him the win

Well, this couldn’t be more wrong. 😂

Tazio
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Your amazingly assertive run of predictions continues. 

Tazio

And Khabib announces his retirement after the fight. 

sadj
15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

See if you’d said McGregor was a wank i’d agree but love watching Khabib , not a Helio Gracie but still 👌🏻

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And Khabib announces his retirement after the fight. 

Been rumoured for a while. Quite enjoyed his speech , thought it said a lot about him as a person

ri Alban

Fecking Boo! 

Firestick not worth a feck with ppv. :D kept jumping, then it jumped back to round 1 of Whittaker fight and back again to the arm bar after the first bell went in th Kebab fight.

Anyway come on Conor, come back 100% and deal with this. This bore needs removed from this sport before he ruins it. UFC/MMA can't go back to non fighting(rolling about the carpet) or boxing will kill it stone dead. 

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Fecking Boo! 

Firestick not worth a feck with ppv. :D kept jumping, then it jumped back to round 1 of Whittaker fight and back again to the arm bar after the first bell went in th Kebab fight.

Anyway come on Conor, come back 100% and deal with this. This bore needs removed from this sport before he ruins it. UFC/MMA can't go back to non fighting(rolling about the carpet) or boxing will kill it stone dead. 

Boxing kills it stone dead anyways. I appreciate the skill in UFC/MMA but there surely can’t be any denying that a big boxing match is 100 times more entertaining than what is offered in the octagon. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Boxing kills it stone dead anyways. I appreciate the skill in UFC/MMA but there surely can’t be any denying that a big boxing match is 100 times more entertaining than what is offered in the octagon. 

UFC is sometimes ok if the guys want to fight but a lot of the time it turns into ugly wrestling strangling matches, personally I don’t enjoy watching it. 
Boxing will always be the more entertaining sport for me but each to their own. 
Wasn’t a fan of Habib but felt a but for him I didn’t know his old man had died with covid recently. Fair play.