Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Canelo, the biggest cheat in boxing. He should be banned for life, but he makes these crooks too much money. Hopefully someone comes knocking and puts his lights out. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Costanza said:

Disappointing end to the fight as was getting into an interesting period with BJS being busier and more effective with his hit and move approach. 

He was never hurting Canelo though who was more content to just bide his time and wait for his power punches, which ultimately worked guess.

The judges scores at the time of the stoppage were a nonsense but being on away soil, you do need to do more than just nick rounds with smsll bursts of punches.

Hope the eye injury isn't too bad but maybe BJS will show a bit of contrition as he was quick to slag off Daniel Dubois when he quit with an eye injury.

For a while, I've been all for the judges scoring to be revealed at the end of each round. I wouldn't be surprised if some cards are left blank for several rounds and they are just filled in retrospectively to meet an objective. A lot of scoring has been nonsense over the years. 

Greedy Jambo

I had Saunders winning 4 rounds to 3 until the 8th when Canelo seemed to get a 2nd wind. 

Granted, Canelo's punches were far more vicious than Saunders throughout the entire fight. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For a while, I've been all for the judges scoring to be revealed at the end of each round. I wouldn't be surprised if some cards are left blank for several rounds and they are just filled in retrospectively to meet an objective. A lot of scoring has been nonsense over the years. 

Interesting. Would the scores be available for the corners as well?

Would be folk up and down haranguing the judges most likely!

That or the scores in the round handed over in a sealed envelope and counted up later. Just don't get a judge from Dundee....

Mad Dog Logan

The Mexican fans certainly know how to get behind their fighters, could be a hostile atmosphere for Josh Taylor in a couple of weeks.

11 hours ago, moogsy said:

Canelo is an absolute beast. As soon as he stepped on the gas Saunders was ****ed.

Can’t see anyone from 160-175 beating him right now. 

Yeah, apart from Golokvin, no one else in his class and whilst I thought GGG won their first fight, he's 39 now.

Canelo is clearly class but I still find it hard to assess him in the all time list based on who he's fought.

He's clearly achieved more than say Calzaghe but Calzaghe's style would have caused Canelo all sorts of problems.

Anyway, like you say, no one else on the horizon right now who should trouble him; certainly not Chris Eubank Jr who has laughably called him out 😄

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yeah, apart from Golokvin, no one else in his class and whilst I thought GGG won their first fight, he's 39 now.

Canelo is clearly class but I still find it hard to assess him in the all time list based on who he's fought.

He's clearly achieved more than say Calzaghe but Calzaghe's style would have caused Canelo all sorts of problems.

Anyway, like you say, no one else on the horizon right now who should trouble him; certainly not Chris Eubank Jr who has laughably called him out 😄

Some other guy called him out in his post match press conference, Canelo told him "who have you fought? get the F out of here"

Everyone is just wanting one big pay day now. I see Usman is considering fighting Jake Paul as well. 

The whole sport is becoming a bit of a circus. 

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Has to be something done to clean up the scorecards, at least one judge on almost every bout has the score a mile out in comparison to the other two

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Costanza said:

Interesting. Would the scores be available for the corners as well?

Would be folk up and down haranguing the judges most likely!

That or the scores in the round handed over in a sealed envelope and counted up later. Just don't get a judge from Dundee....

The scores should be available for all. Even if they are anonymous, there needs to be more transparency as for years, scoring has been dodgy. 

The Wilder v Fury draw was a joke. The officiating from an experienced guy like Joe Cortez during Mayweather v Hatton was embarrassing too. 

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Canelo, the biggest cheat in boxing. He should be banned for life, but he makes these crooks too much money. Hopefully someone comes knocking and puts his lights out. 

I know nothing about boxing but have seen and watched a few bits of Canelo and he looks unreal. 

Can you put some context into these claims as I genuinely don't know whats happened.

1 hour ago, 151 said:

I know nothing about boxing but have seen and watched a few bits of Canelo and he looks unreal. 

Can you put some context into these claims as I genuinely don't know whats happened.

Canelo tested positive for doping (Clenbuterol) but instead of the standard 2 year ban, the Nevada Boxing Commission gave him a slap on the wrists and a paltry 6 month suspension which allowed Canelo to have a lucrative re-match with Golovkin in vegas later that year. Clenbuterol is used for asthma but can also help turn fat into lean muscle, Canelo claimed that he tested positive (twice) due to contaminated meat.

Plenty other suspicions surrounding Canelo, from a slightly off weigh in for said rematch with Golovkin and what looks like a spot/bump on canelo's ab's at the weigh in, exact same kind of spots/bumps are visible on Jon Jones's abs prior to him testing positive for steroids and it's known from diabetics that repeated injections at the same site can cause similarly looking fatty lumps to form under the skin

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Canelo tested positive for doping (Clenbuterol) but instead of the standard 2 year ban, the Nevada Boxing Commission gave him a slap on the wrists and a paltry 6 month suspension which allowed Canelo to have a lucrative re-match with Golovkin in vegas later that year. Clenbuterol is used for asthma but can also help turn fat into lean muscle, Canelo claimed that he tested positive (twice) due to contaminated meat.

Plenty other suspicions surrounding Canelo, from a slightly off weigh in for said rematch with Golovkin and what looks like a spot/bump on canelo's ab's at the weigh in, exact same kind of spots/bumps are visible on Jon Jones's abs prior to him testing positive for steroids and it's known from diabetics that repeated injections at the same site can cause similarly looking fatty lumps to form under the skin

Thanks mate, yeah I know about Clenbuterol from guys in the Army etc. Tren hard eat clen was the motto im sure. (Instead of train hard eat clean).

Greedy Jambo

Aye, he seems offy confident for someone that has lost his last 2 fights. I think he's done. 

Time to retire, the most over hyped, overrated fighter in UFC history. Tony Ferguson. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Is Tommy Fury 5-0 fighting a guy called Andy Bishop who is 0-14. 

Is that for real?

fairly standard for a Frank Warren show 

So, the Taylor Ramirez fight is available on Fite TV. 

Looks like it is live streaming. Anyone know a way that I can still record it? Tend to record fights when they start so early in the morning and then watch when I wake up but not sure how I'm going to be able to do it if its only accessible via an app or the Internet... 

Edited by Aaron78

48 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

So, the Taylor Ramirez fight is available on Fite TV. 

Looks like it is live streaming. Anyone know a way that I can still record it? Tend to record fights when they start so early in the morning and then watch when I wake up but not sure how I'm going to be able to do it if its only accessible via an app or the Internet... 

When is this fight bud? 

AlimOzturk
6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Is Tommy Fury 5-0 fighting a guy called Andy Bishop who is 0-14. 

Is that for real?

You get these fighters who can take a beating so up and coming fighters can get some rounds in. 

Mad Dog Logan

Best of luck to you Josh, wish he would stop looking to pick fights with Ramirez's team and concentrate on the job in hand though, I'm sure he knows what he's doing but hopefully doesn't get too over confident. 

Best of bad luck to your team this afternoon though🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Mad Dog Logan

Mad Dog Logan

Considering all the belts are on the line in the Taylor fight there seems very little interest on here, maybe its because he's a hibs fan, but the country as a whole seems disinterested.

This could be the biggest fight for a Scottish boxer in most of our life times and not one UK sports or freeview channel is showing it, crazy....

Hopefully Lee Mcgregor will have fights of this scale in the future🤞

3 hours ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Considering all the belts are on the line in the Taylor fight there seems very little interest on here, maybe its because he's a hibs fan, but the country as a whole seems disinterested.

This could be the biggest fight for a Scottish boxer in most of our life times and not one UK sports or freeview channel is showing it, crazy....

Hopefully Lee Mcgregor will have fights of this scale in the future🤞

It's an absolute disgrace how under reported this is.

Ramirez Vs Taylor:

Both undefeated

All 4 main belts on the line

Only the 8th time ever to happen

Never for a UK fighter.

Fury Vs Joshua

All the same as above..

Except they are both undefeated with both draws and loses in the mix..

Only 'extra' being two British (or English?) And being heavyweight... To me they are both as big as each other overall and an absolute disgrace the lack of media about this.

Hope Taylor absolutely smashes him and tells sky et Al to **** right off afterwards when they came crawling (probably off now cause in Barrie's back pocket no doubt but a win will make it unavoidable)

On 21/05/2021 at 22:04, Cruyff said:

Nice to see my old coach Terry still with Josh. Very good guy is Terry.

Definitely, 100%

What an achievement, fantastic fight. Interesting to see what Taylor can do against the top dogs at 147. 

Incredible achievement by Taylor to be unified champion after 18 fights.

Thought he was struggling with the pace of Ramirez up until the knockdown in the 6th but that swung the fight. On that knockdown and also the second, was it just me or did the referee slow it down and give Ramirez too much time to recover?

Did feel that Taylor was taking a chance after that by seeming to wait for the power punches and not making sure he was winning the rounds and cementing the knockdowns. I had that one round Taylor in the end but two seems fair.

Hope Taylor gets the recognition now and a big crowd as unified champion.

What an unbelievable achievement by Taylor.

To have done so much especially in the pro fight game, in so little number of fights too.

Only 5th full unified title holder in 4 main belt era.

Edited by DETTY29