• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just about every fight, all the pundits say "Josh isn't ready, it's too soon" and then he wins.

18 fights, 4 belts.

Some lad.

Still a hibs wank but.

Tbf, Josh had already beaten the best in his division when he beat Prograis. Ramirez knew his time was up. 

I don't know if he could take Crawford though. That said, Josh might be more suited to moving up because he's quite tall for his weight class but he'll need a bit more power. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Tbf, Josh had already beaten the best in his division when he beat Prograis. Ramirez knew his time was up. 

I don't know if he could take Crawford though. That said, Josh might be more suited to moving up because he's quite tall for his weight class but he'll need a bit more power. 

He makes 140 easily so by stepping up to 147 he can add 7lbs of muscle which done correctly would give him the power needed at 147. Some huge fights to be made at that weight!

11 hours ago, Cade said:

Just about every fight, all the pundits say "Josh isn't ready, it's too soon" and then he wins.

18 fights, 4 belts.

Some lad.

Still a hibs wank but.

I'm sure if you gave Josh the choice, you become undisputed world champion, or Hibs win the cup, even he would say FTH!

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He'd have to be underdog against Crawford, but it would be a huge pay day for him and if he were to win, it could propel him into the boxing stratosphere.

As you say, Josh is quite tall for his weight class, and Welterweight is only 5 pounds heavier than Light Welterweight.  Josh probably walks around as a Middleweight, so the step up in weight won't be a problem in itself, but having the power at the higher weight could be an issue.

The main problem is that he wouldn't be fighting a run of the mill Welterweight world champion, but a guy who is recognised as one of the best, if not the best, pound for pounders on the planet.

I'd love to see Josh pull it off though, it would surely push him into the ranks of the greatest British boxers of all time, and certainly the greatest from Scotland.

• 3 weeks later...
Greedy Jambo

Loving Bearjew snapping that guys arm. 

He could actually do something if he sorted his boxing out. 

33 now.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

• 3 weeks later...

I just see Brian London has died, aged 87. Not bad. Was teetotal and kept fit. 

For those not aware beaten by Floyd Paterson then Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) for world heavyweight title. 

• 2 weeks later...
132goals1958
On 29/06/2021 at 16:50, Mikey1874 said:

I just see Brian London has died, aged 87. Not bad. Was teetotal and kept fit. 

For those not aware beaten by Floyd Paterson then Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) for world heavyweight title. 

Greedy Jambo
6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Poirier v McGregor this weekend, with pre fight presser last night. 

A bit like his fighting skills his trash talk/humour has declined over the years. Think he gets beat and pisses off to fight one of the Paul brothers.

That said I would rather a Connor win, I quite enjoy the circus that follows him. 

I won't be writing him off just yet. 

Used to be a big fan of McGregor. Too many, allegedly coke-fueled, bad news stories about him these days.

Hope he gets retired tomorrow.

Unknown user
15 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Poirier v McGregor this weekend, with pre fight presser last night. 

A bit like his fighting skills his trash talk/humour has declined over the years. Think he gets beat and pisses off to fight one of the Paul brothers.

That said I would rather a Connor win, I quite enjoy the circus that follows him. 

I think we'll see a more intense and focussed version of McGregor, he was definitely taking it all for granted before getting humbled and I think he's the type to be truly hungry after that.

Greedy Jambo

He's a family man now, kids change you, but apparently he's riled up for this one, he's trained alone, not seen his family in weeks. 

You're seeing signs of the old McGregor in the lead up to this one. 

Obviously with the amount of money he's got now, he's not going to be the same, but if he's angry, i wouldn't be betting against him. 

On 23/05/2021 at 08:52, Ritchez said:

That is poor refereeing. First time I noticed this the ref shouldn’t be touching them without then issuing instructions. Ramirez might think the ref is breaking them up. Defend yourself at all times but IMO the ref messed up Here. 

Been a great night of fighting so far. Most impressive win so far for me was O’Malley. 

Main event on next. Fancy Porrier to destroy his legs all over again. 

Sickening ankle break for McGregor. Entertaining fight until then. 

Must be the end of the notorious. 

Shooter McGavin

McGregor is finished. 1 win in his last 5 fights, if you include the Mayweather fight.

His aura well and truly gone.

59 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s mental their interviewing KcGregor with a broken ankle in the ring! His response was weird even by his standards. 

Hope he recovers fully.  

McGregor is a prick and his behaviour in the run up to and after the fight was disgusting. Horrible break and hate to see a sportsman hurt but if that was a twat on the street I wouldnt give him a second thought mouthing off like that.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Been a great night of fighting so far. Most impressive win so far for me was O’Malley. 

Main event on next. Fancy Porrier to destroy his legs all over again. 

O’Malley is seriously impressive 

Tuivasa and Aldana were impressive too.

McGregor went straight for the guillotine which along with the kimura were my fav go to moves so I can appreciate that. However I don’t think Poirier is particularly a fighter who thats a successful tactic against with his background. There was def either something pre fight or happened during the fight to **** McGregors ankle. Poirier blocked his kicks and used McGregors technique against him. Was building to a good fight if one that had Poirier winning all over it but what a weird end to the fight. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregor looses by slipping and breaking his ankle at end of 1st round. Bizzare. 

He was getting smashed in fairness and looks a shadow of himself in the stand up. 

I don’t think we see him in the UFC again, think we see him box you tubers and retired boxers. 

The break is bizzare. 

He was out-striking Dustin. Not sure that he "looks a shadow of himself in the stand up" by any means.

He was going fine until he tried that jump into guillotine. Not sure wtf he thought he was going to achieve with that bullshit. He was never going to tap out Poirier and he left himself stupidly vulnerable.

Rush of blood to the head maybe. 😂

O'Malley was impressive against the rank amateur they gave him. Where the hell did they find that lunatic? 😂😂😂 Head like a breeze block. 

The only time O'Malley has fought anyone of any quality, he lost.

They need to stop giving him cans and start giving him ranked opponents.

In fact, he should fight Cheeto again.

Conor is done and he is also a piece of shit still insulting the man's wife.Show some humility.

He does not generate the power at this weight to bother the top guys and is in trouble the first sign of adversity.Funny the guy bitching about clinching and take downs was the guy that went for them.He elevated this sport with help from Dana but it's time to move on now he has become a sideshow.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Conor is done and he is also a piece of shit still insulting the man's wife.Show some humility.

He does not generate the power at this weight to bother the top guys and is in trouble the first sign of adversity.Funny the guy bitching about clinching and take downs was the guy that went for them.He elevated this sport with help from Dana but it's time to move on now he has become a sideshow.

All 100% correct.

The guy is a lowlife. He lost the advantage of size and power over everyone else when he moved to 155 and now he's nothing special.

Can't see him calling it quits though when there's still so much money on the table. That's the only thing he's interested in.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

He was out-striking Dustin. Not sure that he "looks a shadow of himself in the stand up" by any means.

He was going fine until he tried that jump into guillotine. Not sure wtf he thought he was going to achieve with that bullshit. He was never going to tap out Poirier and he left himself stupidly vulnerable.

He was feeling the heat Dustin rocked him just before Conor went for the clinch.He would have been taken out 2nd round as well as once again he was looking gassed from the ground and pound.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

All 100% correct.

The guy is a lowlife. He lost the advantage of size and power over everyone else when he moved to 155 and now he's nothing special.

Can't see him calling it quits though when there's still so much money on the table. That's the only thing he's interested in.

I just don't see what another fight with Dustin does for him.I mean it's an easy decision for Dustin and Dana but for Conor it's just another L

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

He always starts fast with strikes. He wasn’t out striking him , Poirier let him go for it as its what McGregor does imo

1 minute ago, sadj said:

He always starts fast with strikes. He wasn’t out striking him , Poirier let him go for it as its what McGregor does imo

Before the attempted takedown he was about 25 significant strikes to 8.

13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I just don't see what another fight with Dustin does for him.I mean it's an easy decision for Dustin and Dana but for Conor it's just another L

Keeps him relevant in his own head. I hope his antics get him the condemnation he deserves and fans turn on him as he is an odious creature. 

Just now, sadj said:

Keeps him relevant in his own head. I hope his antics get him the condemnation he deserves and fans turn on him as he is an odious creature. 

I thought he was getting booed as he went out on the stretcher and was giving fans the middle.Might be wrong as was only half watching by that time.He has been good for the promotion of UFC bad he is a bad example to martial arts

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

But they didn't mean much.He was rocked as soon as Dustin touched him.

Just now, cosanostra said:

Significant isnt a term for hurting and getting anywhere , id be interested to see stats to say that it was that uneven.

I don’t think any strike bothered Poirier and i reckon Poirier was just saying to himself ok this is the area you can attack wear yourself out. Poirier on the other hand I think rocked McGregor when he caught him.

Quite possible McGregor knew hed damaged his ankle early too as even for him it was a ridiculous strategy to try the jumping guillotine. Opinions though eh! 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Probably.

Still scoring strikes though.

Poirier also said that Conor hurt him with that big left in the post match interview.

He was doing well until he wasn't. 😆

Just now, sadj said:

Significant isnt a term for hurting and getting anywhere , id be interested to see stats to say that it was that uneven.

I don’t think any strike bothered Poirier and i reckon Poirier was just saying to himself ok this is the area you can attack wear yourself out. Poirier on the other hand I think rocked McGregor when he caught him.

Quite possible McGregor knew hed damaged his ankle early too as even for him it was a ridiculous strategy to try the jumping guillotine. Opinions though eh! 

Poirier said in the interview with Rogan that Conor hurt him. Said he was rocked but his legs were still there.

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I thought he was getting booed as he went out on the stretcher and was giving fans the middle.Might be wrong as was only half watching by that time.He has been good for the promotion of UFC bad he is a bad example to martial arts

Hes a shite example to martial arts , the lack of respect he has for anyone typifies that section of society who are McGregor mad i think. I switched off as Dana was wrapping up the interview and he was going on about Poirier’s mrs being in his DMs. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Agree with that

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Stupid yes it's also usually a sign of desperation when a striker does it.He was feeling the heat went for the clinch and then the guillotine.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Poirier said in the interview with Rogan that Conor hurt him. Said he was rocked but his legs were still there.

Did he? Ill need listen again. Im thought he said he checked the strikes and knew it was his as he heard a crack. 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Stupid yes it's also usually a sign of desperation when a striker does it.He was feeling the heat went for the clinch and then the guillotine.

He tried the same against Diaz in their first fight. That didn't end well for him either. 😂

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Said in the presser he felt a little buzz.Its to be expected but he never showed or flinched where Conor really did show he was hurt.He is also a classy guy and gave Conor his due in that regards

Definately. I love the guillotine , you can wipe a group out quick with it. But to try it in that circumstance seemed spot on to your description of desperation. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t ever see him being close to a title mix ever again. He might be back for a Diaz rematch but he looks done at the top level. 

He should probably get out and enjoy the money before he receives long term damage. 

Agree with all of that.

He won't quit though. He'd be a drunk and coke addict within a year.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Said in the presser he felt a little buzz.Its to be expected but he never showed or flinched where Conor really did show he was hurt.He is also a classy guy and gave Conor his due in that regards

Cheers for clarifying Vegas that sounds more like it. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Cheers for clarifying Vegas that sounds more like it. 

It wasn't the presser, it was the interview with Rogan in the octagon. Or maybe he said it twice.

Said he got clipped with a good left but his legs were still there.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Agree with all of that.

He won't quit though. He'd be a drunk and coke addict within a year.

Will be an absolute shambles if Dustin wins the belt and is told to fight Conor for it though.Even though he wouldn't mind.

The way that division is though I reckon the top 5 can all beat each other so even if Dustin does win he might not hold the belt long and then the money fight would appear again.Imo Conor does not beat any of the top 5

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

It wasn't the presser, it was the interview with Rogan in the octagon. Or maybe he said it twice.

Said he got clipped with a good left but his legs were still there.

He said it in the presser.He did say it in the Octogon interview as well but honestly I think he was just giving another fighter some props as fighters usually do.

Will be an absolute shambles if Dustin wins the belt and is told to fight Conor for it though.Even though he wouldn't mind.

The way that division is though I reckon the top 5 can all beat each other so even if Dustin does win he might not hold the belt long and then the money fight would appear again.Imo Conor does not beat any of the top 5

He'll fight Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson I reckon. 

Big spectacle fights but not relevant to the title.