Boxing and UFC

Masonic

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

He'll fight Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson I reckon. 

Big spectacle fights but not relevant to the title.

Maybe RDA

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

They really hate each other. 😆

Terrible match up for Conor.

Right now who isn't 🤣

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I struggle to see who he beats inside the top 10. 

The one thing that makes me thinks he might be back, is so it doesn’t end like that. However, you imagine everyone close to him is telling him it’s time to concentrate on something other than fighting. 

I think freak show bouts with the Logan brothers are probably very likely, just due to the cash involved. 

I’ve enjoyed the Connor McGregor UFC journey but does feel like it’s over now. 

I enjoyed it to a point the FW run.I think he picked his opponent well for the LW title and well it's never been the same again.The antics grew old pretty quick and became cringe even in the Mayweather pressers.MMA doesn't stop for anybody though and Conor just never evolved like Rousey once the aura went it crumbled.

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

O'Malley was impressive against the rank amateur they gave him. Where the hell did they find that lunatic? 😂😂😂 Head like a breeze block. 

The only time O'Malley has fought anyone of any quality, he lost.

They need to stop giving him cans and start giving him ranked opponents.

In fact, he should fight Cheeto again.

His opponent was a late replacement for the original guy he was supposed to be fighting 

I also think one of the most sensible things Conor had said in a while was that he needed rounds in the Octogon but then what does he go and do straight back in for an ego fight that makes the most money.

1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

His opponent was a late replacement for the original guy he was supposed to be fighting 

I know mate - thanks. 

He'd have slept Smolka easily too i reckon. He's a better fighter than Moutinho but nowhere near as tough.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I know mate - thanks. 

He'd have slept Smolka easily too i reckon. He's a better fighter than Moutinho but nowhere near as tough.

I agree with you. Would have been a completely different fight against Smolka, he would've tried to take it to the ground. 

Just now, fast_blood said:

I agree with you. Would have been a completely different fight against Smolka, he would've tried to take it to the ground. 

Smolka is a grappler, right? A bit gun shy and been finished a couple of times. 

They definitely need to stop feeding him cans.

17 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Smolka is a grappler, right? A bit gun shy and been finished a couple of times. 

They definitely need to stop feeding him cans.

He's pretty well rounded and I wouldn't call him a can in all fairness. Reasonable record and very experienced. Would've been a good fight. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Connor McGregor getting a dose of karma for going around battering old blokes in pubs. 

You're not wrong.

He's behaved like a dick for years.

Just now, cosanostra said:

You're not wrong.

He's behaved like a dick for years.

He's a horrible individual. Not a sportsman in a trillion years. 

Shooter McGavin

Hope the broken ankle is the end of him and he retires. 

The sport has moved on from him and he’s miles off it now.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hope the broken ankle is the end of him and he retires. 

The sport has moved on from him and he’s miles off it now.

" I will come back , I will scrutinise every detail and prepare , put in a masterclass " 

The reality is he is the same every fight only folk are not walking into those left hands anymore.The great left hand myth still trotted out before every fight by panelists etc but reality when was the last time he really hurt anybody with it , Alvarez ?

We'll all still watch his fights though. He's entertaining if nothing else. 

He was the right man for his time and place but if you're not moving forwards, you're moving back - especially at a higher weight.

Putting on so much muscle mass after Aldo pretty much guaranteed he'd never make 145 again and that was the end of his dominance.

The money and the celebrity changed him, like it changed Rousey. He became hard to like.

His lack of elite grappling skill and one punch KO power at 155 was pretty obvious after Alvarez.

He was 2015s man and never really got any better. Dustin has beaten 2019 Holloway, Gaethje, Conor twice, Dan Hooker and Eddie Alvarez. He's kept on growing and improving.

Looking forward to seeing Poirier v Oliveira now.

Paul Craig v Alex Gustafsson also has my attention. Craig is a guy I've followed every fight of his since he signed with UFC and you can see him growing in confidence.

Same with Tuivasa. Actually saw him fight in person not so long ago. Heavyweight is not my favourite by a long shot but he's damn loveable.

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I really like Paul Craig and AG is a definite step up, albeit probably facing him at a good time. 

I think the problem with Craig is similar to Maia, whilst BJJ may be top level his abilities to get the fight to where he wants in limited. Though he exploits scrambles and chaos very well. 

One of the reasons AG is a good test for him, he will want to keep it standing and seasoned enough to to challenge him to take it to the ground. Craigs hands are improving all the time, looking at him via Rua compared to start. 

Hoping this improvement continues and gets victory over AG. 

Man, i would be so happy if Paul could beat Gus. He's been submitted in his last 2 fights and the one before that was his loss to Johnny Bones. Excited but nervous about this one.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's a horrible individual. Not a sportsman in a trillion years. 

👌🏻 

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

We'll all still watch his fights though. He's entertaining if nothing else. 

The money and the celebrity changed him, like it changed Rousey. He became hard to like.

Hes def got that half want to see him smashed , half want him to

win , though with his antics that past percentage may be dropping.

I love Rousey , id more say she evolved , McGregor is just an arse. on Rousey theres a decent docu about her - Through my fathers eyes (2029) worth checking out if you haven’t before

32 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I couldn’t care now, he’s just not relevant in any meaningful way.

I love what he’s done pre Mayweather and can’t help admire his pivot from fighter to money making machine. 

In a competitive fighting way he’s so last decade. All the antics are worthless if not backed up in the octagon and it’s been a long time since he did that. 

The ‘young’ Conner had a plan. Get in, get rich, get out. He’s struggling badly with the last part. 

Agree entirely

The longer McGregor stays in the sport the more it will veer towards WWE. A bit of trash talk can be fun but he just turns it into a circus based around a fighter who isn’t relevant anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The longer McGregor stays in the sport the more it will veer towards WWE. A bit of trash talk can be fun but he just turns it into a circus based around a fighter who isn’t relevant anymore. 

I hope not I reckon hed get receipts all day long with his mouth. 

Poirier

He fractured it in one of the checks at the beginning of the fight and he broke it on a punch, for sure. I felt something, he was kicking me hard," he said.

"There's no coming back from that," the American added. "He was saying he was going to murder me, that I'd leave here in a coffin. You don't talk like that about people. I hope he gets home safe to his beautiful family."

Saying he felt something go when he was being kicked not he felt anything damaging from the kicks (my reading of that) @cosanostra 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I hope not I reckon hed get receipts all day long with his mouth. 

Poirier

He fractured it in one of the checks at the beginning of the fight and he broke it on a punch, for sure. I felt something, he was kicking me hard," he said.

"There's no coming back from that," the American added. "He was saying he was going to murder me, that I'd leave here in a coffin. You don't talk like that about people. I hope he gets home safe to his beautiful family."

Saying he felt something go when he was being kicked not he felt anything damaging from the kicks (my reading of that) @cosanostra 

That's not what I was talking about though. 

Rogan asked him if he felt the fight was going his way. He looked exasperated and said "yeah".

Then he explained how Conor caught him, he was buzzed but he kept his legs. Watch the interview again. It's all over YouTube and Facebook videos.

With regards to the part you just posted, I'm really not sure that I believe that he fractured it in a check, continued to fight on it, attempted the desperate takedown, tried about 50 upkicks, got up again and then the full displacement happened. Just looked like a freak injury. He was sprawling backwards, off balance and tried to put his full weight on his leg, just above the syndesmosis because his foot was inverted and twisted medially, hence the position of the fracture. That sort of twist and full weight would break any adult tib / fib.

I think Dustin was just saying that because it made it sound like he was ultimately responsible for the stoppage. 

13 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Nick Diaz makes his return versus Robbie Lawler in Sept.

Should be a good scrap if nothing else.

Not sure what that's going to look like tbh. Diaz hasn't won a fight in about 10 years and the only fight Lawler has one in the last 5 years or so was lightweight Cerrone stepping up to 170lb. 

Lawler has looked pretty washed for a while but who knows what Diaz has left?

• 3 weeks later...
Punks No Deid

Not looked thru the rest of thread but Jambo Lightning ️ Lee fighting the morn 🥊 🇱🇻 

21 hours ago, Punks No Deid said:

Not looked thru the rest of thread but Jambo Lightning ️ Lee fighting the morn 🥊 🇱🇻 

1/12 fav should ko the guy starts at 9.30ish

Weird fight from lee but a wins a win. Might have been carrying an injury just didn’t look himself. Thankfully he has tremendous power to get him out of trouble. 

Anyways onwards for him 👍

On 15/07/2021 at 00:38, cosanostra said:

Not sure what that's going to look like tbh. Diaz hasn't won a fight in about 10 years and the only fight Lawler has one in the last 5 years or so was lightweight Cerrone stepping up to 170lb. 

Lawler has looked pretty washed for a while but who knows what Diaz has left?

Leon Edwards and Jorge Masvidal should be the upcoming fight to make. 

2 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Leon Edwards and Jorge Masvidal should be the upcoming fight to make. 

Big time.

I'd love to see that.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Big time.

I'd love to see that.

Leon Edwards win I think. I’m not a huge fan of Masvidal and think Leon is underrated massively.

Since Masvidal’s cheap shot, I’d love to see him get knocked out again 

6 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Leon Edwards win I think. I’m not a huge fan of Masvidal and think Leon is underrated massively.

Since Masvidal’s cheap shot, I’d love to see him get knocked out again 

It was a cheap shot. He suckered him.

I think Masvidal wins that fight though. 

22 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Agreed. Will be interesting to see him against Nganou. He is a technicality a much better striker, however, N’Gano just needs to touch and good night.

They should have the fight in Paris. Two actual close friends fighting for the HW championship of the world. This is gonnae be good.

Gane is so good on his feet , I can't see Francis getting close without getting tired. And with someone who moves about like Ali, you don't want to get tired.

Or he could end it with a single punch, but sometimes that fear runs out. See Conor McGregor.

Chael Sonnen keeps calling Gane, Surreal Gong. :rofl: Of all people getting folks names wrong 

Edited by ri Alban

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Please retire Manny, you're a legend.

:(

Also I enjoyed the Cannonier v Gastelum  fight.

Spoiler

Wft do you have to do to knock Kelvin out? Solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Technical draw after cut stops fight.....4 rounds not completed so draw announced

Warrington will need to do it all again after Lara is cut accidentally

Guess a bonus payday in the offing for both but not for a while given the damage

Edited by CJGJ

22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He did well, after a bang average start.

Shore looks very decent, its hard to tell how far he can go but if he went all the way would not be surprised.

No idea what happens with Till.

I'm bored with it, turned it off. That kick to the knee tonight though, ouch!

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Gutted with that. It was just starting to warm up too. 
Im gonna try go to next one. Place looked jumping there tonight. 

They love him in Leeds. One of the most popular sportspeople there. Which is an achievement. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They love him in Leeds. One of the most popular sportspeople there. Which is an achievement. 

I really like him as a fighter too. A relentless attacking boxer who always gives you what you want to see. That fight was just starting to get tasty that was gutting, for both men tbh. 
Im hopeful ill get down and see him for the next one. 

On 04/09/2021 at 22:47, CJGJ said:

Technical draw after cut stops fight.....4 rounds not completed so draw announced

Warrington will need to do it all again after Lara is cut accidentally

Guess a bonus payday in the offing for both but not for a while given the damage

all bets on the main market were void as it was techincal and before the 4th round if it happened in round 5 it would have been a draw

some lucky punters who chose to do the draw or technical draw in the exact method market got paid out though

• 2 weeks later...
SuperstarSteve

AJ v Usyk and Diaz v lawler this weekend. 

Fury v Wilder in 2 weeks time. 

Expecting AJ and Fury to win but hope Usyk pulls it off and joins the likes of Holyfield and haye legacy wise. 

9 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregors doesn’t have a career in baseball!

Big UFC card this weekend. Volkanski v Ortega should be a great match up and we have the return of nick diaz. 

🤣

2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

AJ v Usyk and Diaz v lawler this weekend. 

Fury v Wilder in 2 weeks time. 

Expecting AJ and Fury to win but hope Usyk pulls it off and joins the likes of Holyfield and haye legacy wise. 

I can actually see Usyk and Lawler both winning. 

Diaz was well past his best when he 'retired' and he's not fought in years. 

Usyk might not be as big as AJ (probably the only concern) but he's a very good boxer and is unbeaten, not saying Tony Bellew is a world beater but Usyk sparked him clean out as well. 

10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I can actually see Usyk and Lawler both winning. 

Diaz was well past his best when he 'retired' and he's not fought in years. 

Usyk might not be as big as AJ (probably the only concern) but he's a very good boxer and is unbeaten, not saying Tony Bellew is a world beater but Usyk sparked him clean out as well. 

I think AJ is coming up against a decent boxer here. Someone who may know how to play him. I’ve never really been fully convinced by AJ myself.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I think AJ is coming up against a decent boxer here. Someone who may know how to play him. I’ve never really beenc fully onvinced by AJ myself.  

Nah, me either. 

Usyk has came out and said he's more worried about his daughters first month at school that he is about fighting AJ, ha. 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nah, me either. 

Usyk has came out and said he's more worried about his daughters first month at school that he is about fighting AJ, ha. 

AJ is will have the size and power advantage whilst Usyk will have the skill and speed,  could go either way….