Boxing and UFC

Masonic

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I doubt he even trained, looked soft and unfit. A shell of the guy from 5 or 6 years ago 

I kind of feel the same, whether that’s just my nagging doubts or not who knows. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Ruiz's hands are fast and heavy, plus he looked much trimmer. A shame for him he wasn't in that shape for Joshua2.

Absolutely. AJ a big shitebag in that second fight imo. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Absolutely. AJ a big shitebag in that second fight imo. 

Yeah, just jabbed and clinched. Ruiz was too fat and sluggish to get inside him.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Yeah, just jabbed and clinched. Ruiz was too fat and sluggish to get inside him.

And even in that nick AJ couldn’t spark him out and knew not to get involved. 

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And even in that nick AJ couldn’t spark him out and knew not to get involved. 

No danger he was trading with him or even getting in range if he could help it. Was a stinker.  

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

No danger he was trading with him or even getting in range if he could help it. Was a stinker.  

Aye wasn’t a great spectacle. AJ keeping his distance from a fat bevvy merchant for 12 rounds..what a hero lol. 

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Whit???

UFC

Miocic v Ngannou for the title. 

Get with it man. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

UFC

Miocic v Ngannou for the title. 

Get with it man. 

Aw stop it😂 Men rolling aboot trying to strangle each other

Greedy Jambo

I didn't realise boxing had became so great again. Are you looking forward to the mayweather logan paul fight?

Just watched Spence Jr v Garcia from last night, Spence Jr looked really good for someone that’s not boxed in 14 months. 

Really hard to see anyone other Terence Crawford laying a glove on Spence Jr in that division.

Edited by Ribble

Carl Frampton on channel 5 now

Looks so small in comparison with his opponent....5 inches shorter and 7 less inches of reach

If the old maxim is true then he's doomed....a good big un will always beat a good little un

Herring has a bad cut over his eye but has just knocked Frampton down in the 5th round....up and fighting on

Herring well in front so far.

Frampton knocked down again in the 6th and after 30 seconds or so his corner threw in the towel

He looked surprised but he did look just about ready to go down again

On 31/03/2021 at 15:39, Lord BJ said:

UFC has just made Leon Edwards v Nate Diaz. 

I don’t get the hype around Diaz tbh, he an average UFC level at fighter. 

Suspect Edwards wins a lopsided division. 

Particularly weird booking.

An average lightweight who's barely even in the top 10 at 155 against a legit, much larger, streaking, title contender welterweight.

People love Diaz because he has a head like a brick. He's definitely an attraction but this match up is mental.

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He seems punch drunk to me, already, I fully accept he loves, the weed and probably not the most intellectual but he shows the signs imo. 

Hard to say if he's just a moron / stoned or combination of both or of he's always been like that. 😂

31 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregor v Porrier III has all been agreed and signed up. 

McGregor has always been pretty resilient after a defeat. I expect him to be better than last time. That said thinks Porrier wins again, McGregor has one round in him and then starts to quit/look ways out. The exception was Diaz II, when he went 5 rounds by basically running away to recover in the octagon. 

winner will get title shot v Chandler/Olivaria winner. I think Chandler takes that for some reason. 

He got his legs kicked out of him last match. He will rush him early doors and either get the early knockout or once again gas and get sparked at some point himself. 

On 03/04/2021 at 22:19, CJGJ said:

Carl Frampton on channel 5 now

Looks so small in comparison with his opponent....5 inches shorter and 7 less inches of reach

If the old maxim is true then he's doomed....a good big un will always beat a good little un

Seemed a bit of a strange matchup for Frampton, one I fear we'll see more of with MTK's fighters fighting each other due to ease of matchmaking. 

Either Frampton thought (stupidly) that Herring was all size and didn't have the ability behind it or just took the desert money in Dubai as a last paycheck, otherwise I don't get why he doesn't take a few more fights at superfeather to get ranked by the WBA or IBF and go for a more winnable title fight to become 3 weight

Changed channel from the golf to watch the Conor Benn fight. I think I missed about two shots on the golf before the fight was over. 

18 hours ago, Tazio said:

Changed channel from the golf to watch the Conor Benn fight. I think I missed about two shots on the golf before the fight was over. 

Amir Khan up next for Benn I recon, should be a good watch!

Best fight last night was the Shannon Courtenay title fight

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Khan will get leathered as usual. 

Hopefully. Also hope the current trend of refs stopping fights quite so early has subsided so Khan actually gets leathered.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn’t sleep so thought I’d watch a bit of the UFC on the iPad. 
Wish I hadn’t, first few seconds of the fight that was starting and a truly sickening leg break. Don’t know what happened in the aftermath as I switched it off immediately as it made me feel quite sick. First low kick of the fight and the guy doing the kick misjudged it and it was shin to shin and his leg just snapped in two just above the ankle. I can’t even tell you his name I switched off so quickly. 

I’d advise anyone that’s even slightly squeamish to avoid coverage of Uriah Hall v Chris Wiedman!

Wiedman let’s a kick go after just 17 seconds of the fight, shin snaps and the foot basically wraps around the back of halls leg 

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I’d advise anyone that’s even slightly squeamish to avoid coverage of Uriah Hall v Chris Wiedman!

Wiedman let’s a kick go after just 17 seconds of the fight, shin snaps and the foot basically wraps around the back of halls leg 

I only watched it as I couldn’t sleep. I definitely won’t now. That was horrific. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I only watched it as I couldn’t sleep. I definitely won’t now. That was horrific. 

yeah utterly brutal, thought something similar had happened in the previous fight but it was just that a kick landed so perfectly that it somehow numbed the whole of the opponents leg

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Couldn’t sleep so thought I’d watch a bit of the UFC on the iPad. 
Wish I hadn’t, first few seconds of the fight that was starting and a truly sickening leg break. Don’t know what happened in the aftermath as I switched it off immediately as it made me feel quite sick. First low kick of the fight and the guy doing the kick misjudged it and it was shin to shin and his leg just snapped in two just above the ankle. I can’t even tell you his name I switched off so quickly. 

Chris is stable and will be operated on in the morning. Hope he recovers quickly. 

I actually thought Chris retired, but hopefully he takes it easy from now on, he's earned it. 

Colby :rofl:He definitely loves a wind up, and he can sell tickets.

Colby v 

Spoiler

Usman 2 :wow:

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Next up for title after last nights win, which was only his second in UFC. Obviously fighting at a high level in Rizzin but outside Chandler can’t thing on anyone so new to organisation to get title shot. 

He reminds me a bit of Gaetja in that defends using his chin but just out violences opponents. 

His hair though, is there a reason for that?

Oh goddammit was there a fight last night?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Aye Reyes v Prochazka at LHW.

I didn’t realise your a fan. Anyway hopes all good with you 👍

👍 All good bud, enjoying my volcano on a bank holiday weekend, what could be better? Best

Unknown user

Aye Reyes v Prochazka at LHW.

I didn’t realise your a fan. Anyway hopes all good with you 👍

Just watched it. Ooft!

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Next up for title after last nights win, which was only his second in UFC. Obviously fighting at a high level in Rizzin but outside Chandler can’t thing on anyone so new to organisation to get title shot. 

He reminds me a bit of Gaetja in that defends using his chin but just out violences opponents. 

His hair though, is there a reason for that?

Muay Thai, I think. 

18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You might be right on that. Thought would hinder him getting out the guilitine. 

*You watch chisora v Parker? View on verdict. 

He was world amateur champion. 

*I haven't seen it, yet. 

Respect to veteran Chris Arreola for knocking down Ruiz and going toe to toe for 12 last night. Better chin on him than Joshua. 

Unknown user

:pleasing::pleasing:

Volcanos are a excellent piece of kit. I thought you weren’t a fan of the vape, straight skins or blunt thought was your style. Anyway enjoy 😃

Indeed but the volcano's top of the tree and I was celebrating. It is a fantastic thing

You watch chisora v Parker? View on verdict. 

Thought the scorecards were harsh on Del Boy, the one at 116-111 was well out imho, especially with the first round being a 10-8. Parker was cleaner with his punching (which I’d normally score towards) but until the very late rounds they were more touches than punches and while Chisora was wild with a lot of punches he still managed to land a huge amount of fairly clean body punches which were enough for me to have chisora by about 3 rounds

Greedy Jambo
14 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Jake Paul seems to have genuinely annoyed floyd May weather. When he took his hat, can’t lie I found it quite funny as it was so childlike in a tense situation. 

It’s obviously a circus but both will get paid. 

Mayweather smacked him a beauty, Jake the snake has a black eye and a burst lip. 

Cornetto vs French and Saunders the night. 

Saunders has nae chance. 

Greedy Jambo

One of the best boxing matches in ages, and not a mention of it tonight haha. 

Some boxing fans on here right enough. 

Conway was pretty poor there tbh, had a chance after the ko in the 9th but just didn’t press it

Also the judge that gave it 97-92 to Conway, wtf has he been smoking?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, benny said:

First time Conelo had a good round and Saunders stays on his stool with an eye injury.

Judges scoring was very questionable again. Fortunate the contest didn't rely on the cards as BJS was leading that. 

Disappointing end to the fight as was getting into an interesting period with BJS being busier and more effective with his hit and move approach. 

He was never hurting Canelo though who was more content to just bide his time and wait for his power punches, which ultimately worked guess.

The judges scores at the time of the stoppage were a nonsense but being on away soil, you do need to do more than just nick rounds with smsll bursts of punches.

Hope the eye injury isn't too bad but maybe BJS will show a bit of contrition as he was quick to slag off Daniel Dubois when he quit with an eye injury.

Canelo is an absolute beast. As soon as he stepped on the gas Saunders was ****ed.

Can’t see anyone from 160-175 beating him right now. 

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That was a serious uppercut. 

He knew the fight was over after seeing the instant swelling. 

A scary, scary man. 

It was and a bad injury. I’ve never liked Saunders but I wanted him to win and I thought he was doing ok. Judges cards were a bit off imo. 
Canelo walks you down and can seriously dig. He’s not a Wilder who has no skill whatsoever too it’s a matter of time till he finds the range. Maybe a rematch if Saunders fancies it who knows. 
The weird thing for me was the full stadium and not many masks on show. Is covid eradicated over there lol? Whether silly or not was great to see.