• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a pro fighter Limpy McTapper is done. He will float around doing circus freakshows to earn more money.

This is a guy who couldn't knock a pensioner off a bar stool even with a sneaky blindsider.

Horrible guy and he attracts the sort of fans you'd expect.

You got to laugh at Conor he said inactivity caused the loss but then instead of wanting some fights to go on a title run he now wants a rematch for the title.How is that getting you Octogon time all he wants is the biggest payday win or lose now it's not about legacy it's pure dollars.The guy 1-2 as a lightweight but wants the title fight or of course another fight with Nate ( who every top 5 guy would beat easily enough but Conor will struggle in another war ).He should be made to  fight Hooker or Felder imo and if he wins take it from there.

33 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Dustin comes across as such a nice guy.

Don't know if you have seen the documentary he is in before he makes it to the UFC and how MMA changed his life Ashe was constantly getting into street fights before it.Its pretty good I have followed his career since then.

38 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Don't know if you have seen the documentary he is in before he makes it to the UFC and how MMA changed his life Ashe was constantly getting into street fights before it.Its pretty good I have followed his career since then.

Cool.  I will give it a watch.

So he had a bit of a bad past and is now trying to make up for it?

24 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Cool.  I will give it a watch.

So he had a bit of a bad past and is now trying to make up for it?

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fightville is name of documentary, 

Aye troubled young life.Yes it's Fightville basically low circuit MMA.I enjoyed it though it follows a few fighters and it shows you everything ain't the glitz of the UFC

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye troubled young life.Yes it's Fightville basically low circuit MMA.I enjoyed it though it follows a few fighters and it shows you everything ain't the glitz of the UFC

What platform did you watch it on?

35 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fightville is name of documentary, 

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Cheers.

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What platform did you watch it on?

Netflix but it was a long time ago I watched it before Dustin was even in the UFC

14 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Netflix but it was a long time ago I watched it before Dustin was even in the UFC

Cheers, I'll have a peek about.

Thug rule ? and Tyson Fury shock, horror amongst it all

Panorama: BBC team threatened following Boxing and the Mob programme - BBC News

A BBC Panorama team has been threatened following a programme about a suspected crime boss's influence in world boxing.

Police in Northern Ireland have warned about an unspecified threat from unnamed criminal elements in relation to the programme, broadcast on Monday.

It investigated the role played in the sport by Daniel Kinahan - named in the Irish courts as the head of one of Europe's most prominent drug cartels.

The programme led to calls for tighter regulation of the sport.

Although some in boxing have defended Mr Kinahan's involvement.

Jo Carr, the BBC's head of current affairs, said: "The BBC places the utmost priority on the safety of our teams, whose journalism plays a vital role in a free society. It is despicable and intolerable if thugs think they can muzzle a free press through intimidation.

"We will continue to throw light into even the murkiest of corners."

The courts in Ireland have accepted that an organised crime group linked to Mr Kinahan is involved in drug trafficking and execution-style murders.

The group is also suspected of involvement in a feud with a rival Dublin gang that has resulted in 18 people being murdered.

Mr Kinahan's lawyer told the programme he has no criminal record or convictions and the allegations about him being a crime boss are false and have no evidential basis.

The lawyer said: "In so far as our client's record in boxing is concerned, he is proud of his record in boxing to date."

Mr Kinahan's involvement in boxing caused an outcry last summer when world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury publicly thanked him for setting up a much anticipated title fight with fellow British champion Anthony Joshua.

The criticism died down after it was announced that Mr Kinahan would no longer negotiate Mr Fury's fights and he was stepping away from boxing.

But Panorama's Boxing and the Mob programme discovered the suspected crime boss was still advising top fighters in world boxing.

Mr Fury did not respond to questions about whether Mr Kinahan was still acting as his personal adviser.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Overseen needs to retire for his own health, he is a shadow of the PED infused ubereem who entered the UFC. 

Big AV is fecking stone cold killer. But I do agree, big AO is past his best, but he's still a Legend of the sport. 

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregor v Porrier rematch is coming in summer according to Dana. 

McGregor needs to deal with leg kicks and not quit due to fatigue. I think he can deal with former far from convinced about later. 

Need to get his MMA back. Leave the boxing stance in the bin. 

The fatigue thing is myth. He went up to welterweight on short notice and his body couldn't handle it. The boxing ring is for the superfit and MMA fighters are not in the same league as boxers for fitness. (Big heavyweights do not apply) 

Anyway, I look forward to the fans being there for the decider. 

Another set of judges scorecards making a mockery of boxing, no danger Barrett was 7 rounds up on Kiko Martinez. Thought Martinez had edged it if anything

Disgraceful. Warrington gets absolutely melted later in the fight with another big punch. And then after Warrington is down it was the young Mexican lad that ran over and called the medics into the ring as the ref did nothing. Would never have happened if the ref had stopped it in the 4th when he could barely walk back to the corner as he was so shaken by the knockdown in that round. 

Edited by Tazio

jack D and coke

I’m not sure what was up but Warrington looked off from the first bell. Slow, flat footed and just not what I’ve expected from him. 
Got battered. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not sure what was up but Warrington looked off from the first bell. Slow, flat footed and just not what I’ve expected from him. 
Got battered. 

Some credit to Lara I’d say. He didn’t let Warrington into it and never let him relax. 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Some credit to Lara I’d say. He didn’t let Warrington into it and never let him relax. 

The boy could dig there’s no doubt about that but Warrington looked wrong from the first bell for me.  Could be ring rust and inactivity to blame a bit but I felt he just didn’t look himself at all. 
Boy took his chance and beat him up though so yeah fair play. 

Have a feeling that Warrington won’t be the last to fall foul of Lara’s power, very impressive for a 22yr old. Warrington might have had an off night but nobody else at that weight has rocked him like that!

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The boy could dig there’s no doubt about that but Warrington looked wrong from the first bell for me.  Could be ring rust and inactivity to blame a bit but I felt he just didn’t look himself at all. 
Boy took his chance and beat him up though so yeah fair play. 

Bad weight management, probably. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It was bizzare, I thought he was winning the fight as well. Stirling was clearly down and Yan throws him a big knee. 

Strange fight and first time championship changed hands like that. 

Numes does what she wants. I’ll be honest I’m not a huge fan of women fighting but it’s hard to ignore her skills and superiority. 

Izzy got beat by UD. Izzy was better in the standup but had no answer to the takedowns. I think it was mistake that he didn’t put mass/ muscle on fit fight. They looked pretty difference in size when they fought. 

Jan v Glover for title would never seem that happening pre Covid. 

Jon Jones has been trolling the **** out of Izzy.

Izzy going nowhere near Jon Jones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like UFC will potentially have to address the issue of extreme weight cutting at last. Female fighter collapsed twice at a weigh in with some reports saying she may have had a seizure on one of the occasions. Obviously it goes on but I was shocked at the extremes when the BBC showed a documentary following a fighter in the build up to a fight. 

Why can’t fighters just fight at their weight class? If both fighters are dehydrated to make themselves lighter then i fail to see how there is any advantage. Then if only one fighter is doing it they are basically fighting someone who is at a severe handicap. Where is the honour in that?

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why can’t fighters just fight at their weight class? If both fighters are dehydrated to make themselves lighter then i fail to see how there is any advantage. Then if only one fighter is doing it they are basically fighting someone who is at a severe handicap. Where is the honour in that?

They just rehydrate back up to the weight above over night. And pummel their opponent. Khabib is Xlbs and used to diet down to 155, then go back up to about 180 over night. Conor was the same at 145. Its cheating. The old IV drip was the norm back in the day. 

Newest British World champ....

That's as classy a performance you will see.

Lawrence Okolie has cruised to world title victory with a crushing knockout in the sixth round.

He has barely broken a sweat, and as he returns to his corner, he asks: "Am I world champion?"

Yes Lawrence, you are!

Lawrence Okolie beats Krzysztof Glowacki to win WBO world cruiserweight title - reaction - Live - BBC Sport

Edited by CJGJ

Couple of decent fights on Sky tonight, Whyte Povetkin the headline obviously with Whyte needing to win to have any chance of getting a shot at AJ or Fury, 2nd defeat to Povetkin ends Whyte at the top level imho

Cheeseman fight should be good and interesting to see Hattons laddie make his pro debut (no matter how old that makes me feel)

Whyte will win but it won't be fun to watch.

He will have learned from last time that he needs to stay concentrated all fight.

Whyte on pts for me

9 hours ago, Jeff said:

Whyte will win but it won't be fun to watch.

He will have learned from last time that he needs to stay concentrated all fight.

Whyte on pts for me

For me Whyte needs to take out Povetkin in the first half of the fight, 2nd half is where Povetkin catches him again, this won’t go 12 rounds imho

Might only be the third loss on Povetkins record but looks done tonight, might be from having had COVID but looked nowhere near his former self tonight

Not sure Povetkin should have been allowed to fight given he was hospitalised for covid twice. Was struggling for breath just walking into the ring. 

jack D and coke

Enjoyed all the fights tonight. 
I like Dillian  He’s a big dafty but he likes a scrap and he’s decent and a he’s defo worthy of a shot.  

jack D and coke
Just now, JackLadd said:

Not sure Povetkin should have been allowed to fight given he was hospitalised for covid twice. Was struggling for breath just walking into the ring. 

He wasn’t right I don’t think. Looked weak. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Never knew he was hospitalised but still fairly impressive by Whyte.

Would love to see Wilder Vs Whyte

Funny listening to Eddie Hearn saying wilder texting Whyte saying he wouldn’t fight him. Obviously when he had the WBC belt. Wilder needs fights like Whyte now. 
Id fancy Whyte myself but would be good to see it regardless. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Funny listening to Eddie Hearn saying wilder texting Whyte saying he wouldn’t fight him. Obviously when he had the WBC belt. Wilder needs fights like Whyte now. 
Id fancy Whyte myself but would be good to see it regardless. 

100% fancy Whyte in that one.

My mate seems to think Wilder Ruiz Jr is close though so who knows

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He wasn’t right I don’t think. Looked weak. 

I doubt he even trained, looked soft and unfit. A shell of the guy from 5 or 6 years ago 

jack D and coke
Just now, Jeff said:

100% fancy Whyte in that one.

My mate seems to think Wilder Ruiz Jr is close though so who knows

It’s hard to say what nick Ruiz might be in but he looked good in some recent pictures I seen of him. Ruiz quick and has heavy hands, he beats Wilder too imo. 
Heavyweight has lots of interesting match ups just now. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s hard to say what nick Ruiz might be in but he looked good in some recent pictures I seen of him. Ruiz quick and has heavy hands, he beats Wilder too imo. 
Heavyweight has lots of interesting match ups just now. 

Ruiz's hands are fast and heavy, plus he looked much trimmer. A shame for him he wasn't in that shape for Joshua2.