Boxing and UFC

Masonic

chester copperpot

I don't know how good Joshua is tbh. Clearly a class above this bum but he needs to fight a Haye, Fury, Klitschko or Wilder.

Fwiw I reckon Haye knocks him out.

The problem is that the Klitschko's are on decline. We should see a fight between him and Haye.

I would love for him to smash Haye though. Joshua seems a genuinely nice guy

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folk saying he needs someone to take him further before fighting Wilder etc - it's a fair point but it took Wilder 8 rounds to beat Molina.

Only Fury and Wlad stand in his way imo, and both might be finished for different reasons

scott herbertson

forgot Parker - he might be a good outside bet. No one has been able to work joshua hard enough to test the one thing we don't know about yet - his stamina

scott herbertson

Folk saying he needs someone to take him further before fighting Wilder etc - it's a fair point but it took Wilder 8 rounds to beat Molina.

Only Fury and Wlad stand in his way imo, and both might be finished for different reasons

I wouldn't rule out Haye - he is more mobile than anyone Joshua has fought yet, and he can punch

I wouldn't rule out Haye - he is more mobile than anyone Joshua has fought yet, and he can punch

I'll be surprised if that fight ever happens TBH- I think haye is only back for one big payday and he'll get it against bellew.

Great to see 2 heavy weights have respect for each ither and not resorting to trash talking and abuse

Will be a fantastic fight

Edited by Sharky999

When AJ KO's Klitschko, folk will then say that WK isn't the same as he was and that AJ should fight better opposition. The fact is, AJ KO'S fighters and makes it look easy because he is an elite fighter with immense power and stature. The boy will unify the division and become one of the best heavyweights ever IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by DG_HMFC

When AJ KO's Klitschko, folk will then say that WK isn't the same as he was and that AJ should fight better opposition. The fact is, AJ KO'S fighters and makes it look easy because he is an elite fighter with immense power and stature. The boy will unify the division and become one of the best heavyweights ever IMO.

The fact is he hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 rankings and has been fighting absolute mugs  so most folk would like to see him fight a fighter that has been a top 10 fighter and if he does that and fights Klitchko then people might consider him as an Elite fighter.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

The fact is he hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 rankings and has been fighting absolute mugs so most folk would like to see him fight a fighter that has been a top 10 fighter and if he does that and fights Klitchko then people might consider him as an Elite fighter.

The guy he just beat is 8th in the IBF world rankings, and Dillian Whyte is 10th in the WBC world rankings.

The guy he just beat is 8th in the IBF world rankings, and Dillian Whyte is 10th in the WBC world rankings.

WBF, WBA, WBC, IBF top ten doesn't mean they are in the top ten.

Would have liked to see Haye fight Joshua.

This will happen as soon as Haye bear credible Opposition.

Beat Tony bellew then maybe someone like Dallian whyte/Parker then I reckon he will be in line.

Did you genuinely read that article and draw the conclusion it was saying that Smith is to get a World Title shot?

Must have won, I had a little bet on him at 2/1 and its paid out. Fell asleep before the fight started though

Submitted his opponent in the second round. Looked an easy fight for him.

Did you genuinely read that article and draw the conclusion it was saying that Smith is to get a World Title shot?

Yes!

Is it a cast iron guarantee or a done deal? No

It's media speculation.

But if you know anything about boxing, you know these stories don't often come from nowhere

They specifically named the opponent, they've quoted Smith and he's mentioned that Hearns is working on it so don't be surprised to see it.

I never thought he'd get a shot at Abraham, I never in a million years thought he'd get 2 cracks at world level and I still can't believe he got a shot at a guy many now believe to be p4p no1.

If I was in charge I'd make him fight a bloody eliminator for the British title because that's the level he's at (should be at), but here he is, very likely going to get handed another title shot and I wont be in the least surprised

amazing fight

choi can't half take a punch

Great fight. Swanson is always good to watch and is highly underrated IMO.

Super boy can't be disappointed with that result. Just needs to focus on his next fight.

Submitted his opponent in the second round. Looked an easy fight for him.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. First UFC fight normally doesn't go to well for fighters. Plus even though he was 8-0 Paul craig has had some terrible opposition ( one guy he fought had a 1-15 record!

One thing I would say is he will need to cover up cause if he fights someone that can throw a proper punch (it is 205lbs) it will be good night.

Great performance though

Yes!

Is it a cast iron guarantee or a done deal? No

It's media speculation.

But if you know anything about boxing, you know these stories don't often come from nowhere

They specifically named the opponent, they've quoted Smith and he's mentioned that Hearns is working on it so don't be surprised to see it.

I never thought he'd get a shot at Abraham, I never in a million years thought he'd get 2 cracks at world level and I still can't believe he got a shot at a guy many now believe to be p4p no1.

If I was in charge I'd make him fight a bloody eliminator for the British title because that's the level he's at (should be at), but here he is, very likely going to get handed another title shot and I wont be in the least surprised

Not going to happen imho, Groves v Chidonov lined up already so I can only see the winner of that facing Zeuge. Smith not even in the top 15 with the WBA, Smith's best chance is going for Martin Murray's Continental belt (probably on the AJ v Klitschko card)

Cyborg fails drug test and Nate Diaz said he aint fighting again for lesss than 20 million.A no mark fighter now thinking he is the something great on the back of two fights with Conor

Generic Username

Until I see proof of Cyborg's vagina, I'll remain totally convinced she's got a chop.

As for Nate, it's all just nonsense posturing. The UFC aren't daft, they know he's popular and a big draw but he'll need to put on a good run to start commanding top dollar. Give him a couple of top 5 opponents from either 155/170 and see where he is after that. It's Nick I'd much rather see in the octagon again.

Until I see proof of Cyborg's vagina, I'll remain totally convinced she's got a chop.

As for Nate, it's all just nonsense posturing. The UFC aren't daft, they know he's popular and a big draw but he'll need to put on a good run to start commanding top dollar. Give him a couple of top 5 opponents from either 155/170 and see where he is after that. It's Nick I'd much rather see in the octagon again.

Yeah i know its just posturing and the guy has made a lot of cash off of the Conor fights but he needs a reality check as the fact is he was an average fighter going nowhere. Edited by vegas-voss

Generic Username

He'd be better sticking to 155 and being "big" for that division with the weight he'd normally sit at when the fight begins than being "light" compared to some 170 fighters. His problem is he's fought and been beaten by some guys in that division already so really needs a strong year in 2017 to put him in contention this time next year. Still young enough to improve but right now I wouldn't have classes him as top 5, in either weight class.

She was gone after the very first punch you could see right then as she first felt the power that she knew she was beat.

Great performance from Cody as well and Dillashaw also looked good.

Edited by vegas-voss

Generic Username

Embarrassing for Rousey. Dunno what she's done in the last 13 months but it's definitely not been spent learning how to defend punches.

Bang on the button. The transformation in Browne is something to behold.

If she has any real interesting as improving as a fighter she would leave and go to another camp. I don't really think she has any desire to fight.

The thing I don't get is why her gameplay wasn't clinch, throw and arm bar. She can't box particularly well imo and a bit like Lesnar has a real issue getting hit.

Dominic Cruz spoke well in defeat and interesting his take on how fight played out.

To be fair she hardly had time to implement any game plan she got hit in the face after about 15 secs and never recovered from.that first blow,in fact she looked like a scared rabbit after that first hit.Does she even have proper sparrring sessions ?

Maybe but she must have known nunes would be quick out the box. That's kind of what she does.

I get when you get clipped your not exactly thinking straight but still think after first punch could have got on bike on tied her up. That's her strength not Boxing.

To be honest it all a bit embarrassing for her I imagine. Didn't she coin the phrase don't be a 'do nothing bitch' well that's exactly what she was a bitch who did nothing.

The problem for her is imagine/fame/fortune has been built on her being the baddest female walking planet. That doesn't exist anymore. I suspect she'll fade into obscurity now.

Tends to happen to the bully's once that aura goes then its just downhill.

Cody was bloody amazing to watch, a total wide-o in the ring in ediburgh talk:) some showing though. I was disappointed in Ronda for sure, but that it what mma is all about. She is hopeless at stand up and she can't expect to beat everyone, especially anyone that is an outstanding striker and able to fight her own game.

Not going to happen imho, Groves v Chidonov lined up already so I can only see the winner of that facing Zeuge. Smith not even in the top 15 with the WBA, Smith's best chance is going for Martin Murray's Continental belt (probably on the AJ v Klitschko card)

I don't think I've ever been so happy, to come on a forum and admit I'm wrong, as I am today....

http://www.boxingscene.com/wba-orders-zeuge-vs-ekpo-denies-paul-smith-request--112349

Generic Username

Floyd is the king in terms of PPV numbers so I get why he'd be holding out for the far larger stake. They should just knock this on the head. I'd rather see McGregor in the octagon than pissing about bamming up Mayweather in the press.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686928-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-latest-news-rumors-on-potential-fight

I still say never happening but appears it might be getting looked at.

I'm not sure I'm all interested in the match up if honest.

If it's boxing Mayweather wins easy. If it's MMA MacGregor wins easy.

Will probably be about as real as WWE if it goes ahead.

Don't know why Mayweather would bother with this. I know he would be getting insane amounts of money but he already has enough for 20 life times.

He would be be staking his legacy on this fight. If he wins then everyone will think he should have won anyways. If he loses, however unlikely though stranger things have happened, then his legacy is ruined.

Edit to add... Mayweather is no spring chicken and hasn't fought for a long time. Mcgregor is an outstanding athlete and has boxed before. Would be delighted to see this happen and it would be hilarious if he somehow managed to win.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Don't know why Mayweather would bother with this. I know he would be getting insane amounts of money but he already has enough for 20 life times.

He would be be staking his legacy on this fight. If he wins then everyone will think he should have won anyways. If he loses, however unlikely though stranger things have happened, then his legacy is ruined.

Edit to add... Mayweather is no spring chicken and hasn't fought for a long time. Mcgregor is an outstanding athlete and has boxed before. Would be delighted to see this happen and it would be hilarious if he somehow managed to win.

He burns through money so quick.

Just watched the the DeGale fight there, think the draw was the right result. If he had avoided the knockdown in the last round he'd have won, bit of a scunner