Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Three fights I'm looking forward to.

Porier Duffy

Mendes Edgar

McGregor Aldo

Predictions?

Porier, Mendes, McGregor.

Could actually make a case for all three to lose though. Should be fantastic viewing.

Is Faber Dillashaw going to happen?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Generic Username

Porier Duffy

Mendes Edgar

McGregor Aldo

Predictions?

Could actually make a case for all three to lose though. Should be fantastic viewing.

I think Duffy, like McGregor, will make light work of Poirier.

Porier Duffy

Mendes Edgar

McGregor Aldo

Predictions?

prob after the cruz fight... golovkin will win tonight pretty easy no real competition for him hes too savage

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Well that went as expected.

GGG beat the shit out of Lemiuex.

GGG V Cotto after Cotto's next defence I'd imagine.

I'm not sure GGG will get the Cotto fight. There is a high chance that Cotto will lose to Alvarez. Hope he doesn't but I think he'll lose.

I'm not sure GGG will get the Cotto fight. There is a high chance that Cotto will lose to Alvarez. Hope he doesn't but I think he'll lose.

Is there anyone else at middleweight who could realistically challenge GGG or might he consider moving up to super middle?

ufc cut 30 fighters in the last couple of days nice to see some trimming of the fat was getting a bit gimmicky with blue belts being in the ufc lmao

Did the Scottish guy survive the cut?

No Scottish fighters are named in the 21 that have been released so far.Still more to be announced as BloodyElbow reckons up to 50 will be shed. Edited by vegas-voss

No Scottish fighters are named in the 21 that have been released so far.Still more to be announced as BloodyElbow reckons up to 50 will be shed.

officially its 24 and 1 retirement according to some people on sherdog could rise to 50

Edited by Masonic

Is there anyone else at middleweight who could realistically challenge GGG or might he consider moving up to super middle?

Eubank Jnr wants a shot at him, to be honest while not a huge fan of Jnr I do think he's better technically and faster than Lemiuex so could cause GGG problems without having the power to actually beat him.

From the GGG undercard on saturday, how good was Roman Gonzales? now 44-0 (38KO) and only 28!! Could beat Mayweather & Marciano's perfect 49-0 by the time he's 30!

Eubank Jnr wants a shot at him, to be honest while not a huge fan of Jnr I do think he's better technically and faster than Lemiuex so could cause GGG problems without having the power to actually beat him.

From the GGG undercard on saturday, how good was Roman Gonzales? now 44-0 (38KO) and only 28!! Could beat Mayweather & Marciano's perfect 49-0 by the time he's 30!

Ranked Number 1 pound for pound in the world.Probably doesnt make the kind of cash that would allow him to retire at say 50 undefeated though so will no doubt fight a lot longer and end up with a few losses on his record.

Ranked Number 1 pound for pound in the world.Probably doesnt make the kind of cash that would allow him to retire at say 50 undefeated though so will no doubt fight a lot longer and end up with a few losses on his record.

he's already said he's looking for $1-2m to fight Estrada and I'm sure that would give him a fairly comfortable life in Nicaragua where average earnings are about $3.5k a year, although I do agree that it would be sad to see any fighter get to 50+ fights undefeated and then ruin their record by fighting on for money when they are well past their best.

The retirement might be Brendan Schaub.

He was pretty decent. Certainly had his moments. v Gonzaga and v Cro Cop he was great.

think it was eddie gordon

Golovkin might actually kill him in the ring Eubank honestly would be about a 20/1 shot vs GGG

Duffy out the Poirier fight, the card looks the weakest I can remember a ufc card looking!

Just trying to cash in on the back of Connor's fame I guess. Extremely poor card.

So who are the best Scottish fighters and how many have been retained by UFC?

I've only heard of the guy who fought on the undercard of the Glasgow fight.

Stevie something. Never actually seen the guy so no idea if he's up to much.

Just trying to cash in on the back of Connor's fame I guess. Extremely poor card.

they actually had a half decent card for this one but so many fights got cancelled also the scottish guy is stevie ray hes still in ufc so is joanne calderwood shes fighting page van zant soon and the dude from undercard was robert whiteford

Edited by Masonic

Stevie Ray is one to watch, got potential to go far in the ufc. As does Whiteford and Calderwood really. They are safe in the UFC for a good while yet. Really excited for the Ray and Whiteford fights this weekend. The card does look weak, but that doesn't mean the fights won't be entertaining, give people the chance to make a name for themselves.

Calderwood's next fight should be a good one against Van Zant all action i would expect.Might even lead to a title shot whoever wins that but to be honest both would be destroyed by Joanna Jedrzejczyk.Only Claudia Gadelha looks close to her in the division.

Joanna is an absolute savage.

Page is a stunner.

She'll be less attractive after the wee Polish chick finishes with her.

She aint fighting her yet its the Scottish Joanne she is fighting.

calderwood had to pull out so rose will fight pvz now also nick diaz in negotiations with nsac to have ban lifted and could fight as early as the summer

Thought re Cowboy v Dos Anjos?

I'd love to see Cowboy win. Pretty hard one to call.

Would like to see Cowboy win.Dos Anjos was impressive against Petis though.

:rofl:

Pretty funny. Looks like an adult fighting a 3yr old.

Did you guys listen to Cowboy on JRE? Very likable guy. He clearly cannot stand McGregor. Those two will fight at some point for sure.

I dont think many can stand McGregor but he does do is give them a huge payday for now at least.I dont buy into the Connor hype he is a very good striker but his ground game is very limited and the very best have a ground game to match their striking. Edited by vegas-voss

I dont think many can stand McGregor but he does do is give them a huge payday for now at least.I dont buy into the Connor hype he is a very good striker but his ground game is very limited and the very best have a ground game to match their striking.

Mendez showed that if he's taken down, he doesn't have much of an answer. 

Mendez showed that if he's taken down, he doesn't have much of an answer.

Exactly and thats why i think if he moves up to a higher weight he will be badly exposed.At this weight he is the bully at the higher weight he is the small guy that cannot cope on the ground.Think i am in the minority with fight fans at least in the UK anyway in that i think Aldo is better than Connor.Most fighters and pundits seem to think that Aldo will win as well.

Exactly and thats why i think if he moves up to a higher weight he will be badly exposed.At this weight he is the bully at the higher weight he is the small guy that cannot cope on the ground.Think i am in the minority with fight fans at least in the UK anyway in that i think Aldo is better than Connor.Most fighters and pundits seem to think that Aldo will win as well.

This sums up both the Mendes fight and the Aldo fight for me.

This sums up both the Mendes fight and the Aldo fight for me.

That was a good listen from someone who is actually a legend.Mighty mouse is def pound for pound the best for me everytime you see him he is better.

i find it hard to get behind the smaller fighters as a heavyweight myself its hard to imagine that a dude that size could be p4p king but i guess everyone had a different opinion on what p4p means 

I'm sure TJ spoke recently that he can quite easily drop to 125 as he's a heavy 135.

That should be an epic fight.

Thoughts re Cormier v Jon Jones II?

Potentially happening in April but DC dead against fighting in New York at the Garden.

I like DC but Jones is a super-human machine or something. DC must be horrible to fight against with the way he fights so close.

Thoughts re Cormier v Jon Jones II?

Potentially happening in April but DC dead against fighting in New York at the Garden.

I like DC but Jones is a super-human machine or something. DC must be horrible to fight against with the way he fights so close.

Jones by vicious spinning sh1t

• 2 weeks later...

good that this is live even though its in australia 1am for prelims 3am for main card thought we might get scammed and have to watch it a few hours on delay luckily thats not the case this time 

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

WARNING!!!  Rouseys last 4 fights have ended in a combined total of 2 minutes