Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greedy Jambo

Just shows you how much the media cares about Dubois and Usyk, as a casual boxing fan, i didn't even know they were fighting. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Just shows you how much the media cares about Dubois and Usyk, as a casual boxing fan, i didn't even know they were fighting. 

Especially when Dubois probably beats the media fav Joshua 

Just now, VALDOS' said:

A freak win for Dubois would have been disastrous for the sport, Usyk still owning the division

Not sure I agree. Dubois will be up there if he fights like that going forward. Just a young guy

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

A freak win for Dubois would have been disastrous for the sport, Usyk still owning the division

Wouldn’t last 5 rounds with fury. Dropped by a legitimate shot tonight 

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Also worth mentioning there were 2 or 3 other shots lower that weren't picked up on. Tactical by Dubois 

tactical becuase clearly has a weakness with shots to the body? Why would you not target his weakness

dived like a PAOK defender tonight.  Poor show 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

tactical becuase clearly has a weakness with shots to the body? Why would you not target his weakness

dived like a PAOK defender tonight.  Poor show 

Dubois will get a rematch and we will see how it goes. If you look at the screenshot above the shot starts low... Close but low

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Dubois will get a rematch and we will see how it goes. If you look at the screenshot above the shot starts low... Close but low

Poor screenshot. Not low. 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Kenbo said:

Poor screenshot. Not low. 

Below the belt - which is low. If you think the belt was too high, that doesn't matter. The referee has allowed the belt to be that high and any hit below it is low therefore against the rules.

56 minutes ago, Jeff said:

It's low. Close but low

20230826_232504.jpg

It's a perfect body shot and even if it was "Below the belt" that isn't hitting Usyk in the bollocks and would not require almost 4 minutes of recovery time.

Dubois has been robbed there.

Screenshot_20230827_002151_Samsung Internet.jpg

Its a legitimate punch and everybody knows it. A rematch will be ordered pretty quickly. 

No consolation for Dubois though, but the step aside cash might help. 

No guarantees that Usyk wouldn’t have got up from the body shot. But the 4mins to recover certainly helped. 

Never a low blow however. 

Watched it a few times and still not 100%. The shot comes up and looks to me that part of the glove catches Usyk below the belt before it finally lands on the belt line.

Usyk's shorts were a bit high though and doubt his balls were that high, so he's made a meal of of it there.

Dubois may have a case but he was outclassed overall and a rematch would almost certainly be same result and delay the only fight that has to be made in the HW decision 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, Jeff said:

starts low but connects with the belt IMO. 

LarrysRightFoot

Feel for Dubios and you’d think a rematch will be ordered. His glass chin and lack of stamina was his final undoing though. Having said that who the psychological impact the low blow call had on him. 

I am of the opinion that Fury even Joyce or Zhang beats Usyk. Somebody who is naturally bigger and can take a shot could really just keep going forward and overpower him. He really struggled with Chisora and arguably lost the fight because Chisora roughed him up. Wilder would also have a chance for obvious reasons. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dubois is pish. That was low enough and basically he was looking for one lucky shot.

Heavyweight boxing is dreadful at the moment. Like someone else said, I didn’t even know this fight was taking place 

scott herbertson

I do think Usyk, brilliant though is he is, is beginning to slow down and should probably retire soon. Dubois hit him more often than I thought he would and I think he should get out at the top.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I do think Usyk, brilliant though is he is, is beginning to slow down and should probably retire soon. Dubois hit him more often than I thought he would and I think he should get out at the top.

yeah, he is aging.

If him and Fury call it quits, there’ll be literally nothing left in the division.

Joshua will struggle past flabby losers like Whyte/Chisora and claim a load of vacant titles 

50 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Feel for Dubios and you’d think a rematch will be ordered. His glass chin and lack of stamina was his final undoing though. Having said that who the psychological impact the low blow call had on him. 

I am of the opinion that Fury even Joyce or Zhang beats Usyk. Somebody who is naturally bigger and can take a shot could really just keep going forward and overpower him. He really struggled with Chisora and arguably lost the fight because Chisora roughed him up. Wilder would also have a chance for obvious reasons. 

Joyce is slower than a week in jail and Usyk would just dance around him. Don't see that fight being any different than when they fought in the amateurs 

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Joyce is slower than a week in jail and Usyk would just dance around him. Don't see that fight being any different than when they fought in the amateurs 

It’s a consideration, however, the pros is different. Chisora is slower than Joyce and as I say was unlucky not to get the decision. 

No doubt Usyk’s movement would cause problems but I just feel Joyce for example would catch him at some point and over power him. 

Was it round 11 AJ caught Usyk and had him in trouble? but didn’t go for the finish. He can definitely be caught and struggles against heavy hitters IMO. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

man, Joyce is a wedge. A club fighter at best. How did the division become littered with this shite?

Easy money for the Champ. Even with the Dirty tactics from the Brit.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It’s a consideration, however, the pros is different. Chisora is slower than Joyce and as I say was unlucky not to get the decision. 

No doubt Usyk’s movement would cause problems but I just feel Joyce for example would catch him at some point and over power him. 

Was it round 11 AJ caught Usyk and had him in trouble? but didn’t go for the finish. He can definitely be caught and struggles against heavy hitters IMO. 

Agree on the difference in the pros but Joyce would have to catch Usyk and I just don't see it happening.

I disagree on the Chisora fight; that was Usyk’s first fight at heavyweight and bar a bit of roughing up I thought Usyk won that.

There's a rumour that Usyk did just enough to not scare off and so secure a fight with Joshua but take that with a pinch of salt.

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

man, Joyce is a wedge. A club fighter at best. How did the division become littered with this shite?

He has a great chin but is so slow and cumbersome.

The only heavyweights I rate are Fury and Usyk.

Legal shot. Usyk wasn’t getting up if the ref did start the count i don’t think. Ref called that wrong Usyk milked it and took 5 minute to recover from a legitmate body shot. Clever because he regained composure and went back to boxing his head off. 

after that scare Usyk will fight fury next can’t see him risking anymore mandatory fights. Dubois will continue on as “the guy who was robbed against usyk” and fight for title again eventually. Boxing eh, always a positive test or some sort of robbery in the headlines. 

I don’t think this will be true. Usyk was mandatory for AJ before he fought a heavyweight fight. Something to do with him being undisputed at the weight below the WBO put him as mandatory. I can remember dillian whyte appealing because he was number 1 and Usyk jumped him in the que. 

39 minutes ago, Costanza said:

There's a rumour that Usyk did just enough to not scare off and so secure a fight with Joshua but take that with a pinch of salt.

10 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I don’t think this will be true. Usyk was mandatory for AJ before he fought a heavyweight fight. Something to do with him being undisputed at the weight below the WBO put him as mandatory. I can remember dillian whyte appealing because he was number 1 and Usyk jumped him in the que. 

Yeah not sure myself but like I say has been mooted by some and even Fury at the time

https://www.fightsports.tv/usyk-admits-holding-back-against-chisora-to-get-the-joshua-fight/

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Agree on the difference in the pros but Joyce would have to catch Usyk and I just don't see it happening.

I disagree on the Chisora fight; that was Usyk’s first fight at heavyweight and bar a bit of roughing up I thought Usyk won that.

He has a great chin but is so slow and cumbersome.

The only heavyweights I rate are Fury and Usyk.

A bit pedantic but I think it was his 2nd heavyweight fight. 

Also I’m sure I read (memory might be playing tricks) that Usyk or his team said to Chisora after the fight they thought he won. I’m aware that kind of patter happens from time to time when a journeyman puts in a good performance against a favourite though. 

Rupert Pupkin

Was a low blow for me… Dubois never tried to capitalise on any perceived advantage he may have thought he had.. Instead he let Usyk be the boss again, and ultimately quit on his knee to a jab..

He was better than we thought, but for me he was outboxed, and it wasn’t even close.

5 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

A bit pedantic but I think it was his 2nd heavyweight fight. 

Also I’m sure I read (memory might be playing tricks) that Usyk or his team said to Chisora after the fight they thought he won. I’m aware that kind of patter happens from time to time when a journeyman puts in a good performance against a favourite though. 

You're right, my mistake. It was his 2nd after Witherspoon.

I can't that re. the Chisora fight but it sounds like closer than I remember!

14 hours ago, Bauld said:

What Dubois has done is show Usyk has a weakness.

Every fighter now will take note that he can be got at with body shots.

:rofl:It was an illegal punch. He's been hit umpteen times on the body, he's won every fight.  I'm sure if they can catch him on a dry canvas,  they can try some body punches.  

Maybe someone half good should take him on, like Fury, instead of fighting folk without the skill set. 

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:It was an illegal punch. He's been hit umpteen times on the body, he's won every fight.  I'm sure if they can catch him on a dry canvas,  they can try some body punches.  

Maybe someone half good should take him on, like Fury, instead of fighting folk without the skill set. 

The punch was fine. Landed right on the belt line and dropped him like a gut shot stag. 

Dubois isn't a great fighter but he has power. Many who aren't great have landed that one lucky/good punch. 

Any other location other than Poland or Ukraine and on any other fighter who isn't the poster boy for Furys next opponent and that is a knockdown and Dubois wins.

56 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The punch was fine. Landed right on the belt line and dropped him like a gut shot stag. 

Dubois isn't a great fighter but he has power. Many who aren't great have landed that one lucky/good punch. 

Any other location other than Poland or Ukraine and on any other fighter who isn't the poster boy for Furys next opponent and that is a knockdown and Dubois wins.

Stags don't drop to a gut shot, they run like **** and you've to spend hours and walk for feckin mile to find them!

Edited by Dawnrazor

The more I look at it the the more perfect it gets. He folded Usyk with that shot. Looking like it’ll all depend on what the ref told the fighters in the dressing room on what his definition of low is for the final verdict on legal or no legal. 

team Usyk say belly button. Team dubois say they video’d the convo when being told waistline was fine. Don’t think much will happen whatever the ruling is. Usyk is 37 soon so can’t see undisputed being delayed much longer than early next year. 

40 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Stags don't drop to a gut shot, they run like **** and you've to spend hours and walk for feckin mile to find them!

Which is accurate for him he just had to stay within the confines of the ring. 

4 ****ing minutes recovery time!

Samuel Camazzola

Seems to have split the experts. On one hand guys like Nelson declaring it's a legit body blow. On the other side, Froch and Bellew saying it's an illegal punch. 

Some could say Froch may just be giving a controversial view due to needle with Warren. Bellew likewise to validate a loss to a champion. 

3.31 Points will be awarded:- For "attack" - direct clean hits with the knuckle part of the glove of either hand to any part of the front or side of the head or body above the belt. The "belt" is defined as an imaginary line drawn across the body from the top of the hip bones.

That’s the British boxing boards rule on low blows. Defo if on home soil that’s a legal punch and knockdown. Still think the ref’s words in the rule meeting before the will be the decider. No sure how a ref overrules a boards own rules but it’s looking like that’s the case 

This will be another Josh v Catterall it's all we will hear " I'm the champ " at the end of the day the boy ended getting knocked the **** out himself.

They will rematch and he will get schooled.Dont get me wrong I do feel a wee bit for Dubois but it was low imo.

18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This will be another Josh v Catterall it's all we will hear " I'm the champ " at the end of the day the boy ended getting knocked the **** out himself.

They will rematch and he will get schooled.Dont get me wrong I do feel a wee bit for Dubois but it was low imo.

I don’t see a rematch. DDD would be better being advised to be the guy who should’ve beat Usyk and win a vacant title down the line. If he rematches and loses That hype around him will disappear. 

Don’t think the shot was low myself looks like Usyk conned the ref after being hit by a perfect body shot that troubled him but the decision was ruled as low by the ref so can’t argue against it. That’s team Dubois job lol 

Ricky burns retirement fight on Friday for anyone who’s not want to miss it. 

49 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I don’t see a rematch. DDD would be better being advised to be the guy who should’ve beat Usyk and win a vacant title down the line. If he rematches and loses That hype around him will disappear. 

Don’t think the shot was low myself looks like Usyk conned the ref after being hit by a perfect body shot that troubled him but the decision was ruled as low by the ref so can’t argue against it. That’s team Dubois job lol 

Ricky burns retirement fight on Friday for anyone who’s not want to miss it. 

Warren is pushing for them to fight again though.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Warren is pushing for them to fight again though.

Surprised at that suppose we will find out what’s what at somepoint