Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Smith fights beterbiev this weekend if anyone is interested, Parker and hrgovic announced on the Aj Francis undercard. Parker wins and he’s mandatory for IBF. 

5 weeks away fae the biggest fight in boxing in a long time and still no undercard or promotion hopefully hear something soon 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

5 weeks away fae the biggest fight in boxing in a long time and still no undercard or promotion hopefully hear something soon 

Which probably translates as 3 weeks from an injury announcement. 

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Which probably translates as 3 weeks from an injury announcement. 

Can’t see fury pulling out. Been training like a madman for this apparently 

36 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can’t see fury pulling out. Been training like a madman for this apparently 

Hope this is true cause his last performance was shambles but reading bakole’s words on fury’s camp it looks like he only sparred 4 rounds 6 at best for Francis so might explain his poor punch output. 30 punches or less per round against Usyk won’t get the job done 

AlimOzturk
33 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Hope this is true cause his last performance was shambles but reading bakole’s words on fury’s camp it looks like he only sparred 4 rounds 6 at best for Francis so might explain his poor punch output. 30 punches or less per round against Usyk won’t get the job done 

He clearly didn’t take Ngannu seriously to his own detriment. Think this will have slapped him back into reality. 

Isn’t a chance he is taking Usyk lightly. 

On 24/12/2023 at 23:00, AlimOzturk said:

Vitali was better and more entertaining than his brother Wlad. Totally under rated fighter. 

Full of the bevy but after watching vitali v lewis with my mate the night this comment popped into my head, I 100% agree, might’ve been only one fight I’ve seen him but it’s at the top level. He is defo underrated. I love when he throws 3/4 jabs in a row. For a guy his size they are rapid.

Vitali smoked Lewis 5 rounds to 1 For me that fight wasn’t even close. Lewis had some chin on him tho I don’t think a single shot buckled his legs and vitali was throwing bombs. I don’t know if it was the Ref or the corner that stopped it though can’t mind but a still felt over 6 rounds vitali was well in control 

Edited by KG1874

vegas-voss
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

UFC 300 shaping up to be a disappointment. 

All the teasing from Dana releasing one fight at a time on his wee clips it's very tiresome 

Generic Username

Zhang v Xiaonan is a good fight, but I'm not convinced it's main event worthy. The entire female roster isn't as talent rich as it used to be. Will I watch it? Yes, but it's not one I'll be getting up at daft o'clock to watch live. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

That and they're gash fights

He is resting everything on it selling solely on it being 300 then saving other fights for other events to sell better.Right now 299 looks better than 300

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Generic Username said:

Zhang v Xiaonan is a good fight, but I'm not convinced it's main event worthy. The entire female roster isn't as talent rich as it used to be. Will I watch it? Yes, but it's not one I'll be getting up at daft o'clock to watch live. 

There will be a couple headliners still to come

Fury v Usyk undercard is announced and its terrible 😂 Moses Itauma probably the only positive. 

Noticed zhang is fighting Parker on AJ/Francis so hrgovic playing it smart not risking his mandatory. 

Boxing at its best. The winner of AJ v Francis will be given the newly created undisputed belt. The real Undisputed fight is in 4 weeks time fs 😂 why no give the winner of that the belt. 

On 13/01/2024 at 11:53, Lord BJ said:

Which are rumoured to be Leon Edwards v Belal Mohammed. With potentially Izzy v Perrira 5 or something being the special bout. 

I’m meh to a Izzy, coming of loss, going up a weight class to fight a guy he's fought four times before to be honest. 

As you say 299 a much better card. 

Maybe we will see something daft like MacGregor v Nate 3 or Aspinall ktfo of Lesnar. 

What do you make of Izzy getting off with his Drink driving charges. Not because he is innocent,  because it may ruin his career.  Well , boo hoo, everyone else would be done, but money talks.

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Kel Brook possibly returning to fight Eubank Jr. 

Kelly needs help. He isn't coping with retirement.  Fight Chris Jnr is a big mistake and the organisers should have a word.

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Kelly needs help. He isn't coping with retirement.  Fight Chris Jnr is a big mistake and the organisers should have a word.

I imagine it's a true grudge (along with a generous bag of money) that's attracted him to the bout. 

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I imagine it's a true grudge (along with a generous bag of money) that's attracted him to the bout. 

I suppose and don't grudge him making loads of money.  But what exactly has he done with the other great big bags of money?

Edited by ri Alban

57 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Didn't really catch it. After a quick google appears he got the punishment but not the conviction. Doesn't seem right but can't lie don't care that much. 

I'm not a huge fan of Izzy tbh. Think he's a bit overhyped and benefited from a weak division at times.

Who you got at the weekend? I think Du Plissis wins over Strickland. Hard to give too many ****s about the rest of the card. 

Easy work for the lad from SA. Sean's had his 15 minutes.

Greedy Jambo

I know knaffall about this Du Plissis felly, is he one of those guys that will look to take it to the ground?

Greedy Jambo

Sean Strickland is starting to grow on me, he speaks a lot of sense. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

19 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Sean Strickland is starting to grow on me, he speaks a lot of sense. 

He's a nasty little prick.

21 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

always worry’s me, when we agree 😉

he can take it to the ground and is a strong top wrestler. However, he’s looking to let his hands go and see where that takes him so he can finish it. He’s a finisher as his cardio is a bit suspect.

A better fighter than Strickland, imho, in every aspect except cardio. 

that said I’m shit at predictions on ufc

What time is the fight, bud?

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's a nasty little prick.

Typical lazy opinion from you. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Do you want me to put up his press conference. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

At least I know you're a Trump loving conspiracy theorist now and don't have to give you the benefit of the doubt anymore. 

Edited by ri Alban

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

At least I know your a Trump loving conspiracy theorist now and don't have to give you the benefit of the doubt anymore. 

Showing your ignorance again, maybe just stick to your Emojis

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What time is the fight, bud?

Prob around 4.45am on bt sport or tnt whatever it's called 

Seaside Dave

Hope Sean wins. A man who seriously can't keep a thought in his head he needs to speak what's on his mind. Some hate him some love him. I'm more on the love him side. Let's go Strickland 

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Hope Sean wins. A man who seriously can't keep a thought in his head he needs to speak what's on his mind. Some hate him some love him. I'm more on the love him side. Let's go Strickland 

Exactly, the world would be a better place without the liars. 

Team Strickland. 

I’m watching the boxing on Sky and one of the fighters has The North Face logo tattooed on his shoulder. If they aren’t paying him he’s an eejit. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Meyer's fight there but will see what the judges spin... 

Exactly what I fear. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Exactly what I fear. 

Yep. As expected a joke decision. It was close but Mayer had it. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Exactly what I fear. 

And there it is. 

Only one judge got it right. Another shocker. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Pretty universal disgust at the decision online. 

At least 7 if not 8 rounds went to Meyer. How two of the judges saw the outcome the other way is poor but nothing is surprising. 

Byyy The Light

Shocker of a decision. Ok it was hard to score a lot of the work on the inside but Mayer had it for me. She was rightly gutted. 

Byyy The Light

Really wish you could get the option of no commentary and just crowd and ring noise. The commentary is so one sided on fights like that tonight. Very annoying 

Now feck off Sean ya Maga cretin.

Edited by ri Alban

Seaside Dave

Close fight. Not surprised judges went against Strickland. Most of the sponsors don't want Sean as a champion and a face of the UFC. 

Gonna have to get behind the campaign of msca 

Make Strickland champ again 🤣🤣

cosanostra

I gave DDP rounds 2, 3 and 4. I'm surprised people are saying they thought Strickland won.

Generic Username

I just hope he parrots some Andrew Tate pish about the matrix or calls someone a bent shot in the post fight presser to keep the fellow brain injuries happy. 

Edited by Generic Username

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I gave DDP rounds 2, 3 and 4. I'm surprised people are saying they thought Strickland won.

Was definitely close looking at the stats as well. Strickland with  more strikes more damage etc headbutt obviously played a part in damage to Strickland. 2mins 8 seconds of control from ddp maybe swung the decision ? Didn't really think Strickland was any bother from any of the hugging 

5 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Was definitely close looking at the stats as well. Strickland with  more strikes more damage etc headbutt obviously played a part in damage to Strickland. 2mins 8 seconds of control from ddp maybe swung the decision ? Didn't really think Strickland was any bother from any of the hugging 

Strickland had one round. 5 was a draw and 234 were easy meat for the DDP. Head butt my arse. 

Sean has one thing, a strong jab. Now he can go away and cry about someone trying to break his arm in sparring again. Boo hoo ya incel maga redneck.

Edited by ri Alban

cosanostra
24 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

I don't think it was a headbutt that cut him open. Looked like a straight right. Strickland was impressive the way he kept on getting back on his feet after any takedown. Dricus is built like an ogre. No idea how Strickland kept getting back up again. Strickland's Jab is absolutely crazy. You can hear each thud as it lands.

Quite a poor event but I loved that fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Never seen this coming but Shakur Stevenson announced his retirement from the sport. Wouldn’t be surprised to a see u-turn at somepoint but that’s came out the blue 

Samuel Camazzola
35 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Promo for the biggest fight in boxing for any that’s missed it

Awaiting the postponement based on Johnny Nelson's intel on how the training camp is going... 👀 

jack D and coke
On 24/12/2023 at 23:00, AlimOzturk said:

Vitali was better and more entertaining than his brother Wlad. Totally under rated fighter. 

Has Lewis in all sorts of bother until that bad cut on Vitali that stopped the fight IIRC…

Edited by jack D and coke