Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

Skippy Doodle

First one I've listened to. Really enjoyed it and made a nice change to listening to bollox on the EPL in the car.

plenty of old episodes to enjoy as well mate

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First one I've listened to. Really enjoyed it and made a nice change to listening to bollox on the EPL in the car.

You have to check out the Gowser and Mikey interviews.

Skippy Doodle

Listened to the preview and review podcast interesting but gave the tam mcmanus one a miss.

I was pleasantly surprised by tam. He spoke well and was candid regarding his thoughts on Bobby Williamson and his exit from hibs

Listened to the preview and review podcast interesting but gave the tam mcmanus one a miss.

Its definitely worth a listen. Tam's recollections of the 4-4 Derby had me smiling especially when he describes Zambenardi booting the ball away just before the equaliser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy Doodle

A reminder that entries to our Ryan McGowan competition will close at 00:00 GMT tonight & the winner will be contacted tomorrow. Good luck!

You can still enter by adding us on Facebook or @mnfitba

Skippy Doodle

We have a winner! Congratulations to @cajroberts18, the lucky recipient of the signed @rmcgowan89 Shandong shirt. Thanks to all who entered.

Skippy Doodle

We still have Danny grainger coming on as planned. Thank you for all your questions

Hope everyone got home safe last night. Our show on Monday will sadly be lacking hearts content in a football sense but we would like to read out some views from people who attended the game last night

We hope the show this week can give the fans a platform to have their say and I know I will have a few views I want to put across on air

Leave any comments underneath or on our Facebook page or at @mnfitba

Many thanks

Scott

Nae bother at all - telt my pals too. My phones shite but, took me 8 hours to download the allan Preston one! Cheers

Skippy Doodle

Nae bother at all - telt my pals too. My phones shite but, took me 8 hours to download the allan Preston one! Cheers

Cheers mate

Love the name btw!

It's all in the reflexes

Skippy Doodle

Show starts in 15 mins on radio saltire and will kick off with our chat with Danny before chatting hibs then the farce on friday

Marooned In Oz

Tam McManus sounds like a really nice bloke to be fair and it's a really good interview.

Skippy Doodle

Enjoyed the show tonight.Danny was a pleasure to work with and even answered the kiss marry kill question. Podcast will be on iTunes tomorrow evening

Straightfromtheheart

brilliant interview with Danny, just listened to the Scott Wilson as well, 

the link above for the danny interview doesnt work

Skippy Doodle

brilliant interview with Danny, just listened to the Scott Wilson as well,

the link above for the danny interview doesnt work

Cheers mate will sort that out

Nice one. Happy Connor is back?

Oh aye, I'm putting poppygate down to a temporary mental infraction.

:gok:

Guy sounds like a good lad.

First time I have listened to these, downloaded the McGowan and Mikey Stewart interview

Both really interesting listens and really enjoyed them. McGowan comes across as a great lad, very level headed and it was interesting and refreshing to hear his thinking on when rangers wanted him. Also to hear how much pressure was put on McGowan and Temps to go. Maybe will change some people's opinions on Templeton.

I thought the Stewart interview was brilliant, he was completely open and has to be commended for telling it like that. I do take some of the things with a pinch of salt as there is always two sides to a story. I also find all the "man of substance" chat a little cringeworthy. I am not sure how likeable Stewart comes across in this and for someone who isn't a trouble maker he seemed to have a lot of confrontations. He mentioned speaking to Roy Keane for advise and I think he has many similar traits to him. It made for great listening though!!

I have downloaded Monday nights show now and will download some others, a great listen and as someone else said, a brilliant alternative to listening to talk sport/ 5 live while out in the car.

Great work guys!!

Skippy Doodle

First time I have listened to these, downloaded the McGowan and Mikey Stewart interview

Both really interesting listens and really enjoyed them. McGowan comes across as a great lad, very level headed and it was interesting and refreshing to hear his thinking on when rangers wanted him. Also to hear how much pressure was put on McGowan and Temps to go. Maybe will change some people's opinions on Templeton.

I thought the Stewart interview was brilliant, he was completely open and has to be commended for telling it like that. I do take some of the things with a pinch of salt as there is always two sides to a story. I also find all the "man of substance" chat a little cringeworthy. I am not sure how likeable Stewart comes across in this and for someone who isn't a trouble maker he seemed to have a lot of confrontations. He mentioned speaking to Roy Keane for advise and I think he has many similar traits to him. It made for great listening though!!

I have downloaded Monday nights show now and will download some others, a great listen and as someone else said, a brilliant alternative to listening to talk sport/ 5 live while out in the car.

Great work guys!!

Thanks for taking the time to post that mate and glad you enjoyed the two interviews

Similarly to those just listened to the Gowser and Mickey Stewart interviews. Both brilliant. Will be checking out the rest.

Skippy Doodle

Similarly to those just listened to the Gowser and Mickey Stewart interviews. Both brilliant. Will be checking out the rest.

Cheers bud

Our plan for future shows will be to have a weekend review show on the monday night then have a separate podcast which focuses on interviews

Why can't  I find last weeks on You Tube? I am using my x-box and it does do some weird stuff mind you. I assume it is now on there!!

Aye, brilliant eh. The things I took fae that was

A) "that's the type of character I am"

B) " I did nae play the media game"

And c) every second word was f or c!!

Cheers bud

Our plan for future shows will be to have a weekend review show on the monday night then have a separate podcast which focuses on interviews

That's a good idea, I like the extended interviews you've been able to do when not combining them with the football review / preview element of the show.

I enjoyed both of this week's podcasts, especially Danny's interview.

Skippy Doodle

Why can't I find last weeks on You Tube? I am using my x-box and it does do some weird stuff mind you. I assume it is now on there!!

I'm pretty sure last weeks should be on there mate

Skippy Doodle

That's a good idea, I like the extended interviews you've been able to do when not combining them with the football review / preview element of the show.

I enjoyed both of this week's podcasts, especially Danny's interview.

Yeah it doesn't help that I don't get home till 1am some weeks. Splitting the show into two will allow us to have longer interviews similar to the gowser and Stewart ones

I'm pretty sure last weeks should be on there mate

Nope last one I can see is 5th Jan

Nope last one I can see is 5th Jan

You're correct mate, we're a wee bit behind on the YouTube at the moment due to a couple of minor technical things. These should be getting rectified tonight so all should be there for you to catch up from tomorrow morning.

We do need to look into getting a good list of contacts this year to follow on from the great guests last year. Burely would be great but I'm sure he is gagged from saying anything. Zico is a great shout too mate

Nah, who would sue him, UBIG? UKIO? Vlad?

Get him in!

And point out that Craig's a bellend when you do ;)

Skippy Doodle

Nah, who would sue him, UBIG? UKIO? Vlad?

Get him in!

And point out that Craig's a bellend when you do ;)

I suppose vlad can't come out of hiding these days. Would love an exclusive with George to find out what really went on over those months he spent with us

I suppose vlad can't come out of hiding these days. Would love an exclusive with George to find out what really went on over those months he spent with us

Seriously, if you need a whip round for the bar tab you'll get plenty on here, I'm sure this is the one we're all dying to hear!

Him and Fireworks, get the full picture

Skippy Doodle

Seriously, if you need a whip round for the bar tab you'll get plenty on here, I'm sure this is the one we're all dying to hear!

Him and Fireworks, get the full picture

I think I may try and obtain contact details for him and try to set something up. Pretty dubious as to whether he would agree though

I think I may try and obtain contact details for him and try to set something up. Pretty dubious as to whether he would agree though

Go for it, I reckon you've got a good chance. He works in media still so he won't be above keeping his profile up

Skippy Doodle

Go for it, I reckon you've got a good chance. He works in media still so he won't be above keeping his profile up

If I can reach out to him then I will definitely try to set something up mate

You're correct mate, we're a wee bit behind on the YouTube at the moment due to a couple of minor technical things. These should be getting rectified tonight so all should be there for you to catch up from tomorrow morning.

You sir are a star, thanks for the efforts it really is appreciated

Disappointed there wasn't an hour long special of the Champions League song when Takis was up :(

:wub:

Skippy Doodle

Disappointed there wasn't an hour long special of the Champions League song when Takis was up :(

:wub:

Haha really need to expand how I reach out for interviews. Twitter has been great so far but won't get me everyone I'd like to chat to

I've been away with work so had the chance to listen to Grainger, McManus, Farrell and McKay

I was majorly surprised by McManus, I hated him as a player but he came across really well. I also liked that McKay was asked a few "challenging" questions and gave honest answers. Great insight into the team under Doddie/Jordan etc, really enjoyed it.

These sort of interviews in mainstream media are usually held with high profile sports stars who don't actually answer anything. It's brilliant to hear some normal guys talk about playing with Hearts (and Hibs) and give the fans a real insight.

I'm hooked !! :)

Skippy Doodle

I've been away with work so had the chance to listen to Grainger, McManus, Farrell and McKay

I was majorly surprised by McManus, I hated him as a player but he came across really well. I also liked that McKay was asked a few "challenging" questions and gave honest answers. Great insight into the team under Doddie/Jordan etc, really enjoyed it.

These sort of interviews in mainstream media are usually held with high profile sports stars who don't actually answer anything. It's brilliant to hear some normal guys talk about playing with Hearts (and Hibs) and give the fans a real insight.

I'm hooked !! :)

I think the ex pro doesn't have the same media training and isn't afraid of burning bridges hence why the interviews work

You sir are a star, thanks for the efforts it really is appreciated

No problem mate, appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Skippy Doodle

New blog focussing on our need for perspective not panic after defeat yesterday can be read at mondaynightfitba.wordpress.com. RT and add @MNFitba

Skippy Doodle

Morning everyone. Tonight's show on radio saltire will focus on the fortunes of hearts and hibs from Saturday and we will discuss the positives for both clubs.

Our opening question will be what defeat has left you the most deflated or gutted. Please leave your suggestions here or @mnfitba

Archived