Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

Gotta say, I'm loving this podcast.

The interviews have been great and you've managed to get loads from those interviewed.

Keep up the good work guys.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skippy Doodle

Gotta say, I'm loving this podcast.

The interviews have been great and you've managed to get loads from those interviewed.

Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks mate

Skippy Doodle

Will you be adding the Christian Nade and Derek Rae interviews to youtube in due course?

Yeah mate should be up this week

Marooned In Oz

Nade comes across as an actually decent guy. Sounded like a young laddie that could really have benefitted from a proper coach and guidance.

Both Christian Nade and Derek Rae interviews are tremendous. Nade sounds like a real nice guy and definitely puts a bit of perspective on Mikey Stewart interview! I thought his answer about the Talbot 'tackle' was of note. Seems like he didn't want to criticise a fellow pro. Stewart on the other hand was happy to slag off anyone at will. Thought Stewart came across well at the time, now he's just looks and sounded like a billy big baws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy Doodle

Nade comes across as an actually decent guy. Sounded like a young laddie that could really have benefitted from a proper coach and guidance.

I think the main benefit from the interviews is to pull the curtain back and allow players to maybe correct misconceptions. Christian was very honest in taking blame for his behaviour at times but it's clear the club was short of leaders at the time

Marooned In Oz

I think the main benefit from the interviews is to pull the curtain back and allow players to maybe correct misconceptions. Christian was very honest in taking blame for his behaviour at times but it's clear the club was short of leaders at the time

Either way, this is one of my favourite ongoing podcasts I've listened to, and I listen to a lot of podcasts!  You guys are doing a fantastic job and the interviews are absolutely brilliant.  Even enjoyed the interview with Tam McManus.  Very interesting.  Keep up the good work.

Skippy Doodle

Either way, this is one of my favourite ongoing podcasts I've listened to, and I listen to a lot of podcasts! You guys are doing a fantastic job and the interviews are absolutely brilliant. Even enjoyed the interview with Tam McManus. Very interesting. Keep up the good work.

Cheers mate will do our best to keep getting interesting guests. Hope to have driver Berra and foulkes on in coming weeks

Both Christian Nade and Derek Rae interviews are tremendous. Nade sounds like a real nice guy and definitely puts a bit of perspective on Mikey Stewart interview! I thought his answer about the Talbot 'tackle' was of note. Seems like he didn't want to criticise a fellow pro. Stewart on the other hand was happy to slag off anyone at will. Thought Stewart came across well at the time, now he's just looks and sounded like a billy big baws!

Not listened to the Nade interview yet but suspect the answers could be different as one is still currently playing whereas the other has hung up his boots. Therefore he can be more frank.

Perth to Paisley

Really excellent stuff..The Derek Rae interview was the best so far. Plan to listen to Nade one tomorrow.

Any chance of getting an interview with that Zoomer who is writing to UEFA about Gary Oliver...comedy gold or Frank Sauzee maybe.

Serious request ...think Yogi would be up for a chat; always found him 'engaging'

I'd like to hear from Pat Nevin, Craig Levien and possibly someone from down england that takes some form of interest in the scottish game. Give their view on our game.

Jimmy McNulty

Nade was a good interview but background noise was more distracting than the Mikey Stewart interview. Maybe it was just louder where it was recorded? Otherwise, the first sound setup was the best. But I love this podcast. Something I genuinely look forward to listening to each week.

Skippy Doodle

Really excellent stuff..The Derek Rae interview was the best so far. Plan to listen to Nade one tomorrow.

Any chance of getting an interview with that Zoomer who is writing to UEFA about Gary Oliver...comedy gold or Frank Sauzee maybe.

Serious request ...think Yogi would be up for a chat; always found him 'engaging'

Haha that crayon muncher on .net would love the attention too much

Yogi is a good shout

Skippy Doodle

Nade was a good interview but background noise was more distracting than the Mikey Stewart interview. Maybe it was just louder where it was recorded? Otherwise, the first sound setup was the best. But I love this podcast. Something I genuinely look forward to listening to each week.

Cheers mate. Sometimes the background noise just can't be avoided. Glad you enjoy the show

Skippy Doodle

I'd like to hear from Pat Nevin, Craig Levien and possibly someone from down england that takes some form of interest in the scottish game. Give their view on our game.

I'd like to speak to Craig but hearts are pretty strict on who they allow to interview current staff I'm afraid

I'd like to speak to Craig but hearts are pretty strict on who they allow to interview current staff I'm afraid

That's fair enough. If you drew up a list of questions and presented it too them first then they may be more willing? I suppose they just don't want any potential leaks of information or such. But if they have basically a script of what will be asked then they can let crig prepare answers to their satisfaction!

This might sound daft, but I'd like to see you's gove chick young a good grilling lol!

Skippy Doodle

That's fair enough. If you drew up a list of questions and presented it too them first then they may be more willing? I suppose they just don't want any potential leaks of information or such. But if they have basically a script of what will be asked then they can let crig prepare answers to their satisfaction!

This might sound daft, but I'd like to see you's gove chick young a good grilling lol!

Spoke to a couple of people at the club. They seem reluctant on two fronts. Don't want us coaxing out certain information and they don't want to piss off sky bbc etc by giving away free interviews with a community radio station

Spoke to a couple of people at the club. They seem reluctant on two fronts. Don't want us coaxing out certain information and they don't want to piss off sky bbc etc by giving away free interviews with a community radio station

Valid reasons I suppose!

Skippy Doodle

Valid reasons I suppose!

Exactly the club are well run and making good decisions in general. Guess Peter and roughie is what we have to rely on now haha

How about Gary Locke? Would love to hear him talk about last season in particular. David Weir would also be good!

Skippy Doodle

I live no far from the studios.... What's the chances of getting to sit in on a show one night?

No problem with that mate. Pm me

Skippy Doodle

How about Gary Locke? Would love to hear him talk about last season in particular. David Weir would also be good!

David weir is someone in trying to reach out to and agree that lockey would be an excellent guest.

A lot of the guests we have had have been contacted through social media which not everyone uses

If anyone on this forum is able to provide us with a point of contact for any ex players then please pm me

Great stuff, really looking forward to tge Derek Rae episode.

Just finished listening to it. Really enjoyed and he comes across as a really nice genuine bloke.

I'm playing a bit of catch up.  Just listened to the Nade podcast this evening, another really great interview, a lot of interesting stuff came out, including some different perspectives on the Czaba regime from Mikey's in his interview.

I loved his responses right at the end when he was asked if the opportunity ever arose to go back to Hearts, would he take it.  Definitely!  And if Hibs had come in for him before he went to Raith, would he have considered going there. No!

Really looking forward to catching up with the Derek Rae interview, judging by a lot of the previous comments.

Skippy Doodle

Anyone looking to fill in the time heading to Dumfries have a listen to our most recent podcasts on iTunes with Derek Rae Christian nade and the HSL @mnfitba

SD, given the whole bat sh!t mentality of the Vlad regime I'd really like to hear a few more interviews with players/staff that were around during that time. (there's enough to choose from!).

People like Foulkes, Anderton, Southern would be great, though confidentiality clauses were rife during that time so may limit answers given.

Skippy Doodle

SD, given the whole bat **** mentality of the Vlad regime I'd really like to hear a few more interviews with players/staff that were around during that time. (there's enough to choose from!).

People like Foulkes, Anderton, Southern would be great, though confidentiality clauses were rife during that time so may limit answers given.

Already in the process of working a date out with foulkes. Not interested in speaking to a yes man like southern but Anderson would be a good interview

Skippy Doodle

Tonight's show will focus on the weekends results look at the recent deperature of steven pressley and discuss the pros and cons of our squad rotation. Radio saltire at 10pm tonight

Skippy Doodle

Tune in to radio saltire at 10pm tonight. Fair to say a bit of time will be dedicated to the big win at the weekend

Our opening question is also who in football would you most like to Chuck a mcmuffin at?

Unknown user

Already in the process of working a date out with foulkes. Not interested in speaking to a yes man like southern but Anderson would be a good interview

I think that's maybe a bit unfair on Southern, I bet he could tell some stories

Please please keep Foulkes strictly on Hearts by the way or I'll be sending you the bill for my broken laptop!

Skippy Doodle

I think that's maybe a bit unfair on Southern, I bet he could tell some stories

Please please keep Foulkes strictly on Hearts by the way or I'll be sending you the bill for my broken laptop!

Haha fair enough

Skippy Doodle

Mondays show is now up on mixcloud and itunes

We are planning a few shows throughout summer focusing on great teams of the past and talking through a particular season with a player from that team

Which hearts teams of the past would you like us to focus on and which players would you like to hear from?

82/83 side that was promoted and how that season compared to this one! Players obv Robbo but would love to hear Derek O'Connor

Skippy Doodle

82/83 side that was promoted and how that season compared to this one! Players obv Robbo but would love to hear Derek O'Connor

That's a cracking shout!

Skippy Doodle

Great show this week.

Absolutely dripping with......:verysmug:

:thumbsup:

Yes our comments have shook up a few .net punters this week

Skippy Doodle

:rofl:

Danderhall Hibs - :seething:

To be fair to the lad I can't talk properly not so sure about the 60 a day comment haha.

I'd say we were quite harsh on hearts at times this week focusing on the Cowdenbeath performance a lot than most would

To be fair to the lad I can't talk properly not so sure about the 60 a day comment haha.

I'd say we were quite harsh on hearts at times this week focusing on the Cowdenbeath performance a lot than most would

Forget it mate.

Personal insults is about as good as it gets for them.

My only criticism would be you seem to share the myth that a team from the playoff spots will be promoted. No guarantee this will happen and none that it will be Hibs.

Archived