Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

Skippy Doodle

Finding myself turning off the TV when the Mrs is at work and the wee man is in bed and listening to earlier shows.

Listened to Graham Stack & Paul Ritchie and the David Farrel & Gary Mackay shows last night.

Has anyone had any issues with the wrong shows being on the podcast? The Farrel and Mackay show I had to listen to on Youtube as it kept playing the Scott Wilson one on Itunes....

(I did refresh my list after it started the Scott Wilson one but it didnt make a difference)

Enjoyed both shows but my goodness the hibee fans in the studio bring it down.

Credit where it is due in that I enjoyed a lot of what Stack said. Farrel, hmmm not so much. I enjoyed Mackay referring to the guys in the Hibs changing room that influenced Farrel - IIRC, McCluskey, McBride, McIntyre and AN Other. Mackay then mentions the guys that influenced him - players with huge experience in Europe and playing for Scotland.

Keep up the good work on the show.

I will let the hibby boys know you value their work mate haha

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've listened to the interviews with Mackay and Ritchie and part of the McGowan and Stewart interviews too.  I'll finish the latter two soon.  Really impressive stuff.

Skippy Doodle

Looking forward to the show on Monday. Any points you want raised let us know on here Facebook or Twitter. Cheers

Looking forward to the show on Monday. Any points you want raised let us know on here Facebook or Twitter. Cheers

1, Why is Michael Stewart being so nice to everyone now that he has announced he wants to be an SNP MSP.

2. How many SNP leaflets has he delivered around the doors in the last 5 years and can he prove it.

3, Does he think he deserves to be considered over the much more active other two SNP candidates.

1, Why is Michael Stewart being so nice to everyone now that he has announced he wants to be an SNP MSP.

2. How many SNP leaflets has he delivered around the doors in the last 5 years and can he prove it.

3, Does he think he deserves to be considered over the much more active other two SNP candidates.

Sorry mate, think you have missed the boat on the Mikey Stewart questions.  His interview was broadcast over a week ago, he doesn't turn up every week in case anyone has new questions for him.

Also, the show is called Monday Night Fitba (there's a clue in the last word there as to the subject matter for discussion).

Sorry mate, think you have missed the boat on the Mikey Stewart questions.  His interview was broadcast over a week ago, he doesn't turn up every week in case anyone has new questions for him.

Also, the show is called Monday Night Fitba (there's a clue in the last word there as to the subject matter for discussion).

Now he wants to be an SNP, MP all of a sudden keep it for future reference.

He might just go around leafletting on a pissing wet Tuesday night and prove it though.

Congrats. on getting Mikey Stewart to be so candid, there is no way he would/could have been that frank to a print journalist, well done to all concerned.

The clue was "any points" I did not think would be dismissed so quickly.

I can see where the show is going already.

Skippy Doodle

Haha probably should have mentioned any points you wanted raised from today's game

Haha probably should have mentioned any points you wanted raised from today's game

1. Was Mikey Stewart at the game today?

and if so

2.  What was he doing there when he should have been out delivering SNP leaflets?

:)

Unknown user

They probably didn't feel they had to expand it to specifically say "any points relevant to the people who we'll actually be talking to"

Unknown user

1. Was Mikey Stewart at the game today?

and if so

2.  What was he doing there when he should have been out delivering SNP leaflets?

:)

He was on the BT Sport half time panel but I'm pretty sure I saw yellow pieces of paper sticking out of his pocket 

He was on the BT Sport half time panel but I'm pretty sure I saw yellow pieces of paper sticking out of his pocket 

:D

Skippy Doodle

Big derby review show on tomorrow night at 10pm. Will hopefully have news n future guests as well

Bump. Can also confirm Danny grainger to be our first jambo guest this year on the show

Skippy Doodle

Hope people liked tonight's show and agreed with the awards winners. Podcast should be up tomorrow night

airdriejambo3

Absolutely brilliant podcast i'd recomend it, the episodes with Michael Stewart and the one with Ryan McGowan were my favourites, I can't wait to see who will pop up in the year to come. Its so interesting to get in depth details of the dressing rooms at both Edinburgh clubs. I would love to Hear more about details of

- proposed transfers

- fights and arguments

- who were the idiots and uncommitted players

- details of managers styles,attitudes,aptitudes,man management and who were just stooges.

- opponents or people in the game they disliked.

- best moment in football.

Keep up the good work and any idea of upcoming guests I can prepare questions for.

Skippy Doodle

Absolutely brilliant podcast i'd recomend it, the episodes with Michael Stewart and the one with Ryan McGowan were my favourites, I can't wait to see who will pop up in the year to come. Its so interesting to get in depth details of the dressing rooms at both Edinburgh clubs. I would love to Hear more about details of

- proposed transfers

- fights and arguments

- who were the idiots and uncommitted players

- details of managers styles,attitudes,aptitudes,man management and who were just stooges.

- opponents or people in the game they disliked.

- best moment in football.

Keep up the good work and any idea of upcoming guests I can prepare questions for.

Our January guest hearts wise is Danny grainger on the 19th

Cheers for the feedback

Skippy Doodle

check out my latest blog looking at the fake outrage of football fans on mondaynightfitba.wordpress.com and add us @mnfitba

Enjoyed the Derby review. The hibs fan was very fair and balanced.

A big improvement on Connor who's dad thought it was hilarious that he disrespectfully ranted about poppies. For the record, and if you're reading Connors dad; the reason you couldn't hear a pin drop when your lad asked about the poppies wasn't due to any embarrassment on our part but it was wholly to do with the astonishment at Connor acting like a complete arse, right near remembrance week too.

Anyway, bump Connor. Keep the good hibby.

Great show as always.

Skippy Doodle

Enjoyed the Derby review. The hibs fan was very fair and balanced.

A big improvement on Connor who's dad thought it was hilarious that he disrespectfully ranted about poppies. For the record, and if you're reading Connors dad; the reason you couldn't hear a pin drop when your lad asked about the poppies wasn't due to any embarrassment on our part but it was wholly to do with the astonishment at Connor acting like a complete arse, right near remembrance week too.

Anyway, bump Connor. Keep the good hibby.

Great show as always.

Trust me if you met Connor you would change your mind haha

Trust me if you met Connor you would change your mind haha

Mainly because Connor would be smacking a screwdriver against his hands at the time.

Skippy Doodle

Mainly because Connor would be smacking a screwdriver against his hands at the time.

He does have the most appalling radio etiquette haha

Skippy Doodle

Danny grainger now confirmed as our guest on January 19th. Any questions please leave below or on our Facebook or Twitter pages

Danny was, for me, man of the match in the 2012 cup final and indeed was one of our most consistent players during his stay at Hearts.

Does he feel he could have been kept on another couple of seasons. (He would have helped the youngsters - especially Mchattie - no end during the difficult 2013/14 season).

Unknown user

check out my latest blog looking at the fake outrage of football fans on mondaynightfitba.wordpress.com and add us @mnfitba

Sounds like my cup of tea, it does my head in that

Great show! Loved listening to McGowan and Stewart long interviews.

Would love to hear from someone within the club who has been there years (kit man?) to get an insight into the things he's he has seen, players that have impressed them personally etc

Sy

Skippy Doodle

Great show! Loved listening to McGowan and Stewart long interviews.

Would love to hear from someone within the club who has been there years (kit man?) to get an insight into the things he's he has seen, players that have impressed them personally etc

Sy

Getting access to staff currently at the club will probably be a no go. The best we can hope for is further cracking stories from past players

Jimmy McNulty

Very interesting interview with Stewart. A couple of things I am suprised no-one has mentioned / discussed in detail:

1. the not very complementary comments re Big Zal.

2. the fact that he singled out Csaba as a really excellent manager.

Skippy Doodle

Very interesting interview with Stewart. A couple of things I am suprised no-one has mentioned / discussed in detail:

1. the not very complementary comments re Big Zal.

2. the fact that he singled out Csaba as a really excellent manager.

1, there were obviously cliques in the dressing room which was rumoured even during the time. maybe big zal was seen as a part of the problem in terms of achieving a good team spirit.

2. When speaking to Mikey it was hard not to feel for csaba who was clearly working with his hands tied. As Mikey confirmed many signings were not approved by csaba and he did try to bring in nuno Gomes during the first season

My laddie had recommended me the podcast and I've caught up this week with the Gowser, Mikey Stewart and Derby review ones. Really good listening and I'd recommend them to anyone. I've got it subscribed on iTunes now. Cheers :2thumbsup:

Skippy Doodle

Think Csaba would be a great shout for a future interview.

Really good shout mate and would love to make that happen one day

George Burley would be an even better shout than Csaba.  He was manager when there really was a genuine belief that we could challenge for the title.  I appreciate it might be very difficult to get these sort of guys on to a local radio show, but worth a try :)

Looking at more realistic candidates - Zico would be an interesting guest.  He straddled the period between our yo-yo relegations and the resurgence under Doddie when we came so close to pulling off a league and cup double, only to falter at the death.  He could give some insight into the impact that Mercer made at the club, as well as Doddie / Jardine, and what it felt like to come so agonisingly close to winning a double, then ending up with nothing.

Skippy Doodle

George Burley would be an even better shout than Csaba. He was manager when there really was a genuine belief that we could challenge for the title. I appreciate it might be very difficult to get these sort of guys on to a local radio show, but worth a try :)

Looking at more realistic candidates - Zico would be an interesting guest. He straddled the period between our yo-yo relegations and the resurgence under Doddie when we came so close to pulling off a league and cup double, only to falter at the death. He could give some insight into the impact that Mercer made at the club, as well as Doddie / Jardine, and what it felt like to come so agonisingly close to winning a double, then ending up with nothing.

We do need to look into getting a good list of contacts this year to follow on from the great guests last year. Burely would be great but I'm sure he is gagged from saying anything. Zico is a great shout too mate

Skippy Doodle

We have a packed show tonight where we will discuss contrasting fortunes for the Edinburgh club's at the weekend and will be having a chat with former hibby tam mcmanus on the phone. Radio saltire at 10pm tonight

We do need to look into getting a good list of contacts this year to follow on from the great guests last year. Burely would be great but I'm sure he is gagged from saying anything. Zico is a great shout too mate

Get Burley into a bar and ply him with a few drinks and I'm sure he will open up.  That approach seemed to work with Mikey at any rate :)

Skippy Doodle

Get Burley into a bar and ply him with a few drinks and I'm sure he will open up. That approach seemed to work with Mikey at any rate :)

Haha it was ten in the morning when we met Mikey and all we drank was tea

Another great show lads.

Connor - :wub:

What a guy. Knows exactly what he's on about. The break has did the lad some good.

:lol: Kidding Connor.

Really though. Good show. Really enjoy listening at work.

Skippy Doodle

Another great show lads.

Connor - :wub:

What a guy. Knows exactly what he's on about. The break has did the lad some good.

:lol: Kidding Connor.

Really though. Good show. Really enjoy listening at work.

Cheers buddy thought you would like that

Cracking pre-Rangers game chat. It will be damn interesting to see what Robbie goes with.

Skippy Doodle

Cracking pre-Rangers game chat. It will be damn interesting to see what Robbie goes with.

I think Robbie will go with two up top but will keep us all guessing until Friday. Hopefully next Monday's show will be a very positive one

Skippy Doodle

Enjoyed the podcast,looking forward to the next episode.

Cheers mate. I'm hoping it's a full hour of praising hearts and laughing at rangers haha

Cheers mate. I'm hoping it's a full hour of praising hearts and laughing at rangers haha

Nah, I'm hoping you squeeze at least 5 minutes in on Cowdenbeath's victory over Hibs :)

Archived