Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

Skippy Doodle

Finished the Ryan McGowan interview tonight and was absolutely fantastic.

Glad you liked mate! In regards to the gowser interview has it changed your perception of temps?

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he suggested that if either of them did not transfer the club would have been finished, really shocked me that we were that close.

In the context of what had been going on with people with a house cars family ect to pay for yes it did.

I do not believe in the slightest that Templeton moved to Rangers to save Hearts, however you do need to look after your own career.

Hindsight is a great thing at it probably has not helped Temps, but I feel no Ill feeling towards him after hearing more detail on

what a horrific time it must have been for a player at Hearts at the time.

Doubt many of us in the same position with a family to provide for would have done anything different.

Skippy Doodle

When he suggested that if either of them did not transfer the club would have been finished, really shocked me that we were that close.

In the context of what had been going on with people with a house cars family ect to pay for yes it did.

I do not believe in the slightest that Templeton moved to Rangers to save Hearts, however you do need to look after your own career.

Hindsight is a great thing at it probably has not helped Temps, but I feel no Ill feeling towards him after hearing more detail on

what a horrific time it must have been for a player at Hearts at the time.

Doubt many of us in the same position with a family to provide for would have done anything different.

I think the fans and players were spun well by our board at the time and unfortunately players like temps and steevo got it tight. Like you I believe temps was looking at his own situation but the money made on his move should not be forgotten

Skippy Doodle

Back to basics for the show tonight. Huge derby preview and an announcement on our alternative 2014 awards. Listen to radio saltire at 10pm

Brilliant interview with MS. A real insight.

Controversial in parts, brutally honest in others, I'm impressed with the way he's given this candid interview to a fledgling community radio station. If he'd given this to The Sun they'd be serialising it over four ****ing days!!

...and anyone else think we need a MS smiley with the word SUBSTANCE???

Skippy Doodle

Brilliant interview with MS. A real insight.

Controversial in parts, brutally honest in others, I'm impressed with the way he's given this candid interview to a fledgling community radio station. If he'd given this to The Sun they'd be serialising it over four ******* days!!

...and anyone else think we need a MS smiley with the word SUBSTANCE???

Haha definitely a great smiley mate

Skippy any chance of giving us a wee background to the station itself? Who set it up, can it be found on FM? Is it ran by volunteers? How did you become involved?

Cheers!

Skippy any chance of giving us a wee background to the station itself? Who set it up, can it be found on FM? Is it ran by volunteers? How did you become involved?

Cheers!

Think this is what you're looking for on the station mate - http://radiosaltire.org/about-us/

The simple story behind the show is that I had the idea and pitched it to the station because I knew a few people involved and thought it would be the perfect place for it. They liked it and gave me the opportunity to give it a go so I reached out on places like KB for other interested parties and everything has taken off from there.

We're always looking for more people to get involved in the show or increasing our offering (blogs, etc) so if you or anyone you know would be interested just give either myself or Skippy a shout.

Geez the boy Connor is your typical bitter Hibby

Always manages to get his wee snide digs in about Hearts while trying to appear objective, as with his unpaid poppy charity comment to Gary Halliday on last weeks show, I was surprised none of the Jambos on the show put him straight on that point

However it's an excellent show, keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you think this dude Connor is a dick, well he seems to be a chip off the old block.

His dad on Hibs.net...

"These interviews are all worth a listen.......even Preston's. I admit I am biased my son is on the show when work allows. . The highlight for me and A Proud Moment of my life.....if your son can't pull on the famous green jersey.....then how about if he patiently sits through a back slapping interview with a roomful of jambos and FOH and then asks the guy, so what about the poppies? You could hear a pin drop. Proud. Yesterday I did the dirty and went on jkb to see the reaction to the Michael Stewart interview and saw my boy had severely wound them up with that question. Prouder. They don't like being reminded they are cheats. I thought you would like to share in my glory. My work here is done."

Faither and son are both bitter ***** it seems...

If you think this dude Connor is a dick, well he seems to be a chip off the old block.

His dad on Hibs.net...

"These interviews are all worth a listen.......even Preston's. I admit I am biased my son is on the show when work allows. . The highlight for me and A Proud Moment of my life.....if your son can't pull on the famous green jersey.....then how about if he patiently sits through a back slapping interview with a roomful of jambos and FOH and then asks the guy, so what about the poppies? You could hear a pin drop. Proud. Yesterday I did the dirty and went on jkb to see the reaction to the Michael Stewart interview and saw my boy had severely wound them up with that question. Prouder. They don't like being reminded they are cheats. I thought you would like to share in my glory. My work here is done."

So "proud moment of his life" is that his son asked about the poppies? What a desperate, desperate hobo.

Skippy Doodle

When were poppies mentioned in the Stewart interview?

they weren't it was mentioned when we had Gary halliday from FOH in studio one night

So "proud moment of his life" is that his son asked about the poppies? What a desperate, desperate hobo.

And to think, he has five sons...

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Just got round to listening to the Gowser interview today and done part 1.

As with some of the other interviews you've done its refreshingly honest. Really looking forward to the 2nd part and going by the feedback the MS one should be good too.

Really recommend anyone going back and listening to some of the past interviews.

Mikey Stewart interview is quite simply the most candid and spectacular footballing interview of all time. In the world.

Well done lads

Michael Stewart's interview was outstanding

The language was choice, but in my opinion added to the quality of the piece

Congratulations

When you go to your 'my podcast' section and select Monday Night Fitba, make sure you click refresh in the bottom left corner when a new show is released!

When you go to your 'my podcast' section and select Monday Night Fitba, make sure you click refresh in the bottom left corner when a new show is released!

Sorted Ta

I think the fans and players were spun well by our board at the time and unfortunately players like temps and steevo got it tight. Like you I believe temps was looking at his own situation but the money made on his move should not be forgotten

Spot on. I thought at the time that Temps (like many before) had let himself be drawn to the lure of the OF lucre and sacrificed his long term career. I never really thought that the money received was all that important but hindsight says different. I suppose it's easy for fans to question a players loyalty but given the same choices in my life I'm not sure I could show that much loyalty with the prospect of tripling my pay!

His dad on Hibs.net...

Wow, he must be an embarrassment to his son. 

His dad on Hibs.net...

:rofl:

Says it all.

Seems you boys have made the redtops!!! Your interview with Mikey Stewart has made the Record today...the journo Haggerty hopefully spoke to you first if nothing else??

Skippy Doodle

Seems you boys have made the redtops!!! Your interview with Mikey Stewart has made the Record today...the journo Haggerty hopefully spoke to you first if nothing else??

Of course he didn't haha and they make it look like a record exclusive until about 3 quarters of the way down the page hahs

Of course he didn't haha and they make it look like a record exclusive until about 3 quarters of the way down the page hahs

How have they dressed the interview up? Does it have a headline like "I don't rate John Collins"...followed by the sub headline "He's a *****"?

I dont usually go in for knocking redtops etc as seems to be the way on here...I read them with a big pinch of salt and its a habit more than anything....

...but...

...have to say thats incredibly shoddy from the Journo not to even contact you at the very least out of manners if nothing else...

...what hacked me off was these journo's could only dream of getting such a no holds barred recorded interview with Mikey or Gowser etc and anyone kinda just flicking through that article may give credit to that hack....

...take it as a massive compliment boys would be my take on it :)

Skippy Doodle

I dont usually go in for knocking redtops etc as seems to be the way on here...I read them with a big pinch of salt and its a habit more than anything....

...but...

...have to say thats incredibly shoddy from the Journo not to even contact you at the very least out of manners if nothing else...

...what hacked me off was these journo's could only dream of getting such a no holds barred recorded interview with Mikey or Gowser etc and anyone kinda just flicking through that article may give credit to that hack....

...take it as a massive compliment boys would be my take on it :)

Cheers mate

Mikey has been in touch to say the interview was only relevant to our conversation and just highlights how shoddy some of the red top journalism is

Skippy Doodle

I really enjoyed the Gowser and Stewart interviews. Many thanks.

No problem bud. Will work on getting more guests in this year

Unknown user

Guys, you should put in a disclaimer at the start that they're not your opinions blah blah and also that it can't be reproduced without permission etc

Make the DR pay!

Skippy Doodle

Guys, you should put in a disclaimer at the start that they're not your opinions blah blah and also that it can't be reproduced without permission etc

Make the DR pay!

Haha yeah they have been guilty of cuting and pasting another article today for the rangers lad faure

Unknown user

Seriously though, they normally either have to pay a writer or syndication fee, don't give away your good work for nothing- they're rubbing their hands at the thought of what's to come and all for free!

Skippy Doodle

Seriously though, they normally either have to pay a writer or syndication fee, don't give away your good work for nothing- they're rubbing their hands at the thought of what's to come and all for free!

Don't worry mate it's definitely something we will look into. Cheers for the advice though. Can't grumble too much tho as its still free advertising at a national scale for the show

Michael Stewart podcast even better than the Gowser one, probably because Michael is less guarded - puting it mildly - in what he says. The insights into trials and contract negotiations were particularly interesting.

Michael Stewart podcast even better than the Gowser one, probably because Michael is less guarded - puting it mildly - in what he says. The insights into trials and contract negotiations were particularly interesting.

and how tough it can be to get a club - forgotten how many players are unemployed

Hannibal Lecter

Just finished listening to the Michael Stewart one, doesn't hold any punches back and seems to be up front. Was quite interesting to hear.

Skippy Doodle

I know some people thought his tales of trials down south were baloney but I found that section of the interview the most Fascinating whilst we were sitting with him

Carl Fredrickson

Finding myself turning off the TV when the Mrs is at work and the wee man is in bed and listening to earlier shows. 

Listened to Graham Stack & Paul Ritchie and the David Farrel & Gary Mackay shows last night. 

Has anyone had any issues with the wrong shows being on the podcast? The Farrel and Mackay show I had to listen to on Youtube as it kept playing the Scott Wilson one on Itunes....

(I did refresh my list after it started the Scott Wilson one but it didnt make a difference)

Enjoyed both shows but my goodness the hibee fans in the studio bring it down. 

Credit where it is due in that I enjoyed a lot of what Stack said. Farrel, hmmm not so much. I enjoyed Mackay referring to the guys in the Hibs changing room that influenced Farrel - IIRC, McCluskey, McBride, McIntyre and AN Other. Mackay then mentions the guys that influenced him - players with huge experience in Europe and playing for Scotland. 

Keep up the good work on the show. 

Archived