Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

Quick suggestion can you guys increase volume of the guest microphone? I was struggling to hear Gowser last night, but turning up volume makes rest of you guys very loud.

Another great show, lots of good insight from Gowser. Cheers.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skippy Doodle

Quick suggestion can you guys increase volume of the guest microphone? I was struggling to hear Gowser last night, but turning up volume makes rest of you guys very loud.

Another great show, lots of good insight from Gowser. Cheers.

Cheers for the feedback mate. Will look at the sound situation. Some mics in studio seem to work better than others

Have to massive kudos to you guys and the show

..I have listened to Gowser part 1 and was hooked....your attention to detail being Jambo bookworms in a good way and throw in Gowser to boot and I was as happy as a pig in you know what...

So candid and honest was Gowser...his modesty and desire to work and simply play football (when out on loan and the when he wasnt getting a look in) is exactly what every young footballer in Scotland needs to hear and learn from...

I would class myself as a big Gowser fan but after the interview he has taken it to a new level....get him back if possible...top top boy...

....and great show gents to :)

Skippy Doodle

Cheers for the feedback guys! Hopefully we can fix up some more cracking guests next year. Any suggestions for future interviews please leave below

Slevinkelevra

Thing that strikes me wi Mikey is that he is just like a guy you would talk to down the boozer bout fitba. Very open and honest, swears a hell of a lot but again just like any of your mates do when having a pint with them You guys Are doing a cracking job, every week you hear from people with inside knowledge of both hearts and hibs, and it's refreshing to hear such open and honest interviews, not the usual bog standard bbc crap on radio scotland! As for future guests how about rudi or vlad? Lol. Nah in all seriousness wee robbo would be a cracking guest. Keep up the good work

Skippy Doodle

Thing that strikes me wi Mikey is that he is just like a guy you would talk to down the boozer bout fitba. Very open and honest, swears a hell of a lot but again just like any of your mates do when having a pint with them You guys Are doing a cracking job, every week you hear from people with inside knowledge of both hearts and hibs, and it's refreshing to hear such open and honest interviews, not the usual bog standard bbc crap on radio scotland! As for future guests how about rudi or vlad? Lol. Nah in all seriousness wee robbo would be a cracking guest. Keep up the good work

Robbo is definitely on our to do list

Mikey was top drawer the other day and talked at length about the media before we started to record. Thought him and gowser had very interesting insight into a mad spell following the club

Gowser interview is absolutely brilliant. Some great questions and the honesty from Ryan is tremendous. I doubt you'd get that kind of journalism from the mainstream! Well played guys, keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey Stewart interview is quite simply the most candid and spectacular footballing interview of all time. In the world.

This.

Skippy Doodle

Mikey Stewart interview is quite simply the most candid and spectacular footballing interview of all time. In the world.

It really was the easiest interview ever. So much myth about Mikey as a person but he was great to deal with.

Thanks. Great stuff,much appreciated. Have a great Christmas and thanks for all the fantastic work.

Skippy Doodle

Thanks. Great stuff,much appreciated. Have a great Christmas and thanks for all the fantastic work.

You too mate. Thanks very much

Mate, I.m an expat and I can't wait

until your show comes up every week. Great fun and much appreciated.All the best for 2015 from us in Madrid

Have to massive kudos to you guys and the show

..I have listened to Gowser part 1 and was hooked....your attention to detail being Jambo bookworms in a good way and throw in Gowser to boot and I was as happy as a pig in you know what...

So candid and honest was Gowser...his modesty and desire to work and simply play football (when out on loan and the when he wasnt getting a look in) is exactly what every young footballer in Scotland needs to hear and learn from...

I would class myself as a big Gowser fan but after the interview he has taken it to a new level....get him back if possible...top top boy...

....and great show gents to :)

I have to agree.  What came across loud and clear was his tremendous attitude and commitment to succeed.

The bit where he says that when things weren't going so well in terms of him getting a regular start in the first team, he just reminded himself how lucky he was to be making a living from doing something he loved, and that too many players don't appreciate this.

Skippy Doodle

Mate, I.m an expat and I can't wait

until your show comes up every week. Great fun and much appreciated.All the best for 2015 from us in Madrid

Fair play to you mate

A very special uncensored interview with @mstewart_23 is now available exclusively on iTunes. This is a must listen! https://t.co/lSigTEPjGD

Which one is the Mikey Stewart interview? Latest two on the list in iTunes is McGowan 1 & 2, at least on my phone.

Which one is the Mikey Stewart interview? Latest two on the list in iTunes is McGowan 1 & 2, at least on my phone.

you have to click subscribe to get it. it is free to subscribe

I have to agree with the previous few posters, the Michael Stewart interview is brilliant and totally unmissable.  Well done to the MNF lads for making this happen!

you have to click subscribe to get it. it is free to subscribe

Can't figure it out.

I'm officially old :oldsad:

If you go to your podcast section in itunes, click on Monday Night Fitba and when the episodes show up, click refresh in the bottom left corner. 

Skippy Doodle

I have to agree with the previous few posters, the Michael Stewart interview is brilliant and totally unmissable. Well done to the MNF lads for making this happen!

Cheers bud. Have to admit his comments regarding Kingston real age had me giggling at the time

stirlingshirejambo

Fantastic insight into his career

so much more he could have revealed too I bet.

he is not a great fan of Marius though!!!

Well done guys on a real scoop

Brilliant that the current Celtic captain thinks his now assistant coach is a ****

Exactly what crossed my mind when listening.

:jjyay:

Thanks for the feedback folks, great to know you're enjoying what we're doing.

Let us know if you have any ideas for the show going forward or if you have any specific topics/guests you would want to hear in the new year. The purpose of the show is to provide a genuine alternative to the Mainstream Media for Edinburgh fitba and we're well aware that listener involvement is really important to making that work.

Most importantly though, thanks for taking the time to listen.

Thanks for the feedback folks, great to know you're enjoying what we're doing.

Let us know if you have any ideas for the show going forward or if you have any specific topics/guests you would want to hear in the new year. The purpose of the show is to provide a genuine alternative to the Mainstream Media for Edinburgh fitba and we're well aware that listener involvement is really important to making that work.

Most importantly though, thanks for taking the time to listen.

John Collins to respond to the claims he's a **** please.

Carl Fredrickson

I spent some time last night and tonight listening to the podcasts of Scott Wilson, Ryan McGowan and Michael Stewart. Well worth a listen and gave an insight into some good and bad stuff that went on at our club.

One guest I would love to hear interviewed is Alex McDonald. He must have a lot of decent tales from being made player/manager as a cheap option, to the amazing run of 85/86, a number of great European nights etc

How did he feel when Sandy was promoted to joint manager to stave off interest from Aberdeen? Did he have a say in that?

He was also still in post when the Evening News ran the story of Wallace Mercer having talks with Alex Ferguson to become Hearts manager.

His teams always had characters and especially in the early days, a good mix of youth and experience.

So many potential stories and that doesnt include his playing career or his managerial time at Airdrie. 

Keep up the good work with the radio show - I for one am enjoying them

Skippy Doodle

I spent some time last night and tonight listening to the podcasts of Scott Wilson, Ryan McGowan and Michael Stewart. Well worth a listen and gave an insight into some good and bad stuff that went on at our club.

One guest I would love to hear interviewed is Alex McDonald. He must have a lot of decent tales from being made player/manager as a cheap option, to the amazing run of 85/86, a number of great European nights etc

How did he feel when Sandy was promoted to joint manager to stave off interest from Aberdeen? Did he have a say in that?

He was also still in post when the Evening News ran the story of Wallace Mercer having talks with Alex Ferguson to become Hearts manager.

His teams always had characters and especially in the early days, a good mix of youth and experience.

So many potential stories and that doesnt include his playing career or his managerial time at Airdrie.

Keep up the good work with the radio show - I for one am enjoying them

Cheers mate. Will try and get some more good guests lined up. Should have robbo and Andy goram lined up soon

The Paille Man

Was it just me who sat listening to that interview with Michael Stewart thinking it was a tale of "Michael Stewart versus the world"?

Skippy Doodle

Was it just me who sat listening to that interview with Michael Stewart thinking it was a tale of "Michael Stewart versus the world"?

As we mentioned during the show he is a polarizing figure and his interview has divided listeners on here and .net. one thing we can all agree on is that he is very comfortable in his own skin and is a refreshing and honest alternative to the usual pundit tripe we encounter. His chat before our interview was very interesting with regards to his views on media coverage of our game

Archived