4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

MR INCREDIBLE

It's Oliver

On Hearts Web

Does anyone rate this kid as every time I have seen him come on in a game he is lucky if he even gets a kick of the ball.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
letsalldothebeattie

Does anyone rate this kid as every time I have seen him come on in a game he is lucky if he even gets a kick of the ball.

Seen him alot for first team when he has come on and U20s. Plays really well in the 20s i would say hasnt really had a fair crack at first team in terms of minutes on the pitch made 10 appearances 8 of which have been subs so feel its harsh to judge just yet

To be honest I don't think he'll feature much this season but the lad has defiantly got talent, will spend most of the season with the under 20's developing.

One for the future I think.

jambo4_0matty

Depends who we can bring in. But

Alexander

Patterson Wilson McKay (or a new CB) McHattie

Gomis Robinson Holt

Keatings Carrick El Hassnaoui

Very attacking minded I know, but thats a team i'd like to see

Pretty sure our greatest strength was on the wings last year so difficult to see a team without the likes of Nicholson, Walker, Smith and King

letsalldothebeattie

To be honest I don't think he'll feature much this season but the lad has defiantly got talent, will spend most of the season with the under 20's developing.

One for the future I think.

Agree come into side in some of the lesser games (so to speak) Alloa & Cowdenbeath maybe get some game time. Think a full season with the 20s will do the boy wonders especially if he bangs in the goals. Be interesting to see if he can on his own or with someone new partnering him as he & Carrick played really well together for the 20s

I'm only posting what i've been told re wilson and a spanish club.i don't believe all i'm told or all i read,only a fool would do that however when i hear it from a good source i at least give it consideration.there seems to be a poster on here who reacts badly to this possibility.he seems to know of only two teams in the whole of spain and his wit knows no bounds.the rumour i posted on another thread was only two days ago, not a while back.it may happen it may not but i widnae get my panties twisted over it if i were you pal.

letsalldothebeattie

Pretty sure our greatest strength was on the wings last year so difficult to see a team without the likes of Nicholson, Walker, Smith and King

Agree we need to use our best players i.e. Nicholson from the wings. People delighted hes re signed for us and claiming vitally important we kept him but when it comes picking sides for next season they all leave him off which is strange.

We need our best XI each week which includes Nicholson

Ye mate. As if anybodys doing cartwheels about some players joining the academy. Good luck to them, but new signings have to arrive

just your "pandering" pish, don't thinks there's any need really

Very attacking minded I know, but thats a team i'd like to see

We should be aiming for automatic promotion and for that, at least in the Championship, I'd like to see an attacking minded set-up also.

Clerry Jambo

Sam Nicholson is our best player bar none... He will play...

Obviously hope all the young lads push on from last year but in particular looking for Walker to get back to what he was doing when he first came into the side, his form tailed off a bit although he did have a bad injury to be fair

letsalldothebeattie

Obviously hope all the young lads push on from last year but in particular looking for Walker to get back to what he was doing when he first came into the side, his form tailed off a bit although he did have a bad injury to be fair

Agree with this. Walker is a tremendous talent but he hasnt kicked on since his early promise. Feel this season is a big one he knows this level and needs a consistent run of games.

Im not getting on at the lad just feel he is capable of so much better than he has shown lately

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ye mate. As if anybodys doing cartwheels about some players joining the academy. Good luck to them, but new signings have to arrive

Maybe nobody did cartwheels when Nicholson arrived, or Holt. Any one of those lads could be our best player in a few years.

Maybe nobody did cartwheels when Nicholson arrived, or Holt.

Great point. These lads are obviously 'for the future' and it takes just one to be outstanding to make it worth it.

Huge season for Walker, he really needs to hit the ground running in pe season, with Nicholson, Smith & King all pushing for the wide midfield roll he could find it difficult to make the bench. I don't think RN will except his lazy attitude which he has shown in the past. Fantastic player on his day, I just hope RN & SC can get the best out of him. personally think all four are capable of ripping any defence in the Championship a new one.

Huge season for Walker, he really needs to hit the ground running in pe season, with Nicholson, Smith & King all pushing for the wide midfield roll he could find it difficult to make the bench. I don't think RN will except his lazy attitude which he has shown in the past. Fantastic player on his day, I just hope RN & SC can get the best out of him. personally think all four are capable of ripping any defence in the Championship a new one.

It may be that if we cant get another CM tied up one of these guys might spend a bit more time centrally rather than out wide...

rudi must stay

just your "pandering" pish, don't thinks there's any need really

Just how it seemed to me. Was maybe too strong with my wording. Ultimately its an internet forum, its for opinions

Heartsfc_1874

Team I'd Like to see

:2thumbsup: 4-5-1 Diamond Formation :2thumbsup:

Alexander

Paterson McGhee Wilson McHattie

Nicholson Gomis Keatings

Soufian Holt

Carrick

WildBoar123

I'm going for

Alexander

Paterson McGhee (or new CB) Wilson McHattie

Gomis Robinson (or new CM)

Soufian Holt Nicholson

Keatings

Fort Vallance

Surprised Jamie Walker isn't getting more of a shout. Looked our best chance of a goal last season before the injury.

Team I'd Like to see

Alexander

Nicholson Gomis Keatings

Soufian Holt

Carrick

Just the five forwards?

colinmaroon

Walker is far too inconsistent for me

Wingers = inconsistent

Young players = inconsistent

A few minutes of brilliance from a young winger can win matches.

If you don't agree, I suppose you never saw Bobby Prentice.

fabienleclerq

Wingers = inconsistent

Agreed, calling him lazy is harsh too. Was Rudi lazy? I never seen him track back constantly.Walker is a big threat going forward.

Wingers = inconsistent

Surprised Jamie Walker isn't getting more of a shout. Looked our best chance of a goal last season before the injury.

It's a big year for Jamie.

He is going to be asked to do a lot more 'team work' than last year, but I'm confident the new coaching regime will be working on him - a lot. No more of this (rumoured) one training session 4 days a week garbage.

He has the talent that for sure.

I'm waiting until our 3 or 4 other signings have arrived and some game time before having an opinion on my preferred starting 11.

Personally can't see Carrick being first choice up top. Potential to be a top player for us but he should be allowed to grow at his own pace now that the club is back to some normality.

Wingers = inconsistent

Consistent players have the brilliance to win matches as well don't you know but if you're happy with a moment of brilliance every 5th game then good on you my friend. I don't see CL and RN seeing it the same way hence why I think they'll work on his consistency in the summer

fabienleclerq

I'm waiting until our 3 or 4 other signings have arrived and some game time before having an opinion on my preferred starting 11.

Personally can't see Carrick being first choice up top. Potential to be a top player for us but he should be allowed to grow at his own pace now that the club is back to some normality.

Carrick coped well in the spl last year so if I was him I'd be disappointed not to be involved. He needs to add more goals or Goal threat for my liking though. His work for the team and bringing others into play was his main strength last season.

Rick Grimes

All I'll say is the next signing, will be liked by majority of fans.

Laetitia Casta?

Carrick coped well in the spl last year so if I was him I'd be disappointed not to be involved. He needs to add more goals or Goal threat for my liking though. His work for the team and bringing others into play was his main strength last season.

I agree.. He should be very much involved, I'm not suggesting we stick him back in the youths. He should be given enough time to develop properly though. Along with the likes of McKay, Walker, Mcghee, Smith, King & McHattie.

On the goalkeeping front it could be another 3/4 weeks before anything happens.....that straight from the head coach's mouth..... we have a couple in mind but nothing imminent.

I'm only posting what i've been told re wilson and a spanish club.i don't believe all i'm told or all i read,only a fool would do that however when i hear it from a good source i at least give it consideration.there seems to be a poster on here who reacts badly to this possibility.he seems to know of only two teams in the whole of spain and his wit knows no bounds.the rumour i posted on another thread was only two days ago, not a while back.it may happen it may not but i widnae get my panties twisted over it if i were you pal.

CL and RN have spoken in very praiseworthy terms about him and he himself has said he is relishing the challenge of winning promotion.

Be very surprised if he is going anywhere.

Bazzas right boot

Agree with this. Walker is a tremendous talent but he hasnt kicked on since his early promise. Feel this season is a big one he knows this level and needs a consistent run of games.

Im not getting on at the lad just feel he is capable of so much better than he has shown lately

I believe Walker will be used sparingly, particularity when away from home.

However, at Tyne castle when teams defend deep he will come in handy, and if smaller teams are chasing the game he really has the talent to put teams to the sword if things are going well. Could well help a 1/2-0 into a 4/5-0. Does go missing in the more tough games, when we need to work as a team.

He hasgot the talent to really punish the lesser teams of the league and defenders won't like playing against him when he is on song.

Team for me just now would be

Alexander

Patterson McKay Wilson McHattie

Gomis Holt

Walker Soufian Nicholson

Keatings

Subs: Hamilton,McGee,Smith,King,Robinson,Carrick,Oliver

That is the whole first team squad we have so it just shows how thin the squad is. We still need a Goalie, Centre Half, L/R Back and another Centre Midfielder

Was speaking to Walker`s Dad today. Jamie has been offered a 3 year deal and is set to sign. Good stuff.

jamboinglasgow

Was speaking to Walker`s Dad today. Jamie has been offered a 3 year deal and is set to sign. Good stuff.

Good to hear. I do think with a coach who can work with him and work on his weaknesses he can be a real talent, he has the skills but someone needs to work on his mental side. It was easy to criticise him last season for his defensive failings but there were games he was our only creative spark in the team. Problem for Walker was when talent came in he showed the intelligence in his game that Walker needs to work on. I think a lot of development with Nicholson happened last year under Robbie, so hopefully he can do the same with Walker this season.

Also him signing a new deal shows we are working to keep hold of our top talent. I imagine when we took up the year options on players in May it was so we had them for the year while working on new longer term contracts for them. Hopefully we have offered others longer term contracts.

Team I'd Like to see

Alexander

Nicholson Gomis Keatings

Soufian Holt

Carrick

Where does the popular player you cant tell us about fit in to this formation :-)

Great news.

Jambo 4 Ever

On the goalkeeping front it could be another 3/4 weeks before anything happens.....that straight from the head coach's mouth..... we have a couple in mind but nothing imminent.

Did he say if they would be 2nd choice/back up?

Any indication of who else will sign?

While I agree that our strength last season came from our wide players we have to keep in mind next season will be a lot of small tight pitches that will not suit playing with width.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Did he say if they would be 2nd choice/back up?

Any indication of who else will sign?

He doesn't know. He read it in the paper.

Laetitia Casta?

Mmm yes please....you're a man of taste sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylelauren01

Next signing will be a centre half who isn't British but will please fans, they may even be delighted...

heartsfc_fan

Next signing will be a centre half who isn't British but will please fans, they may even be delighted...

Zaliukas :D

jamboinglasgow

Is it someone who has played in Scottish football currently or before? Or is it someone we will have heard of.

scott herbertson

Excellent - I think he is potentially the best player we have. If he develops to his full potential he could net us a lot of money in a year or two

Archived