4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

I genuinely cant see Zaliukas taking such a cut in wages to come back here.

But the question is what non-British defender would most fans be happy with, and some delighted with. Suggests that the name will be well known and is available on a free.

In theory that should narrow it down quite a lot....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jamboscanbevicius

Whats Karipidis doing?

According to Wiki (I know), his contract was up this summer, but Apollon Limassol had an option of another year. No idea if they took it up though. Would be surprised but pleased if it was Karipidis.

Not allowed by FIFA/UEFA. Club has to register its pitch dimensions at beginning of season.

Although you may remember the Rangers v Dundee United semi final at the 'neutral' Ibrox Stadium where it was clear the pitch had been narrowed considerably.

Jamboscanbevicius

There was a player being touted for a move to the EPL a couple of years ago. Can play LB and CH if needed. International and has played with Robbie previously...

..... step forward David Obua !!!!!!

According to Wiki (I know), his contract was up this summer, but Apollon Limassol had an option of another year. No idea if they took it up though. Would be surprised but pleased if it was Karipidis.

Did he not leave us to be closer to home?

Jamboscanbevicius

Well... in all seriousness, if all our ITK friends are to be believed we are looking at a foreign CH, who has played along with Robbie previously, and would please most fans...

Can't see many from his days at East Fife, Falkirk or Dundee Utd so I can only think of the following likely candidates:

Zaliukas

Karipidis

Mrowiec (though not sure this would please most)

Jonsson

Will be interesting to see folk's ITK credentials tested with this signing!

I'll take a guess that it's Karipidis. Played with Robbie before, popular amongst the fans and now that his daughter is older he might be open to a move back to Scotland.

According to Wiki (again, i know!) he was vice captain when Robbie was captain.

Not allowed by FIFA/UEFA. Club has to register its pitch dimensions at beginning of season.

Didn't stop the dimensions of the 'neutral' Ibrox pitch being altered for the SC semi last year v Dundee Utd.

Funnily enough it barely got a mention in the media. Wonder why...

What about the likes of Goncalves or Tall? I seem to remember Karipidis as a defensive midfielder although I may be wrong!?

What about the likes of Goncalves or Tall? I seem to remember Karipidis as a defensive midfielder although I may be wrong!?

Goncalves is doing well in the MLS, think he has just been given a years extension on his contract.

Kevin Mckenna? Played with Robbie, obviously worked with Levein too. 34 so, would add experience and versatility and won promotion to the Bundesliga with FC Koln, I think he's been released now though. Just a thought don't know anything but I don't think it's the worst of shouts!

Kevin Mckenna? Played with Robbie, obviously worked with Levein too. 34 so, would add experience and versatility and won promotion to the Bundesliga with FC Koln, I think he's been released now though. Just a thought don't know anything but I don't think it's the worst of shouts!

Still ragin his goal v Feyenoord was incorrectly ruled offside :-(

Hearts 1874 has assured us that a significant signing is imminent.

I am confident that he is itk and that the signing will be Skacel,R.

Rudi still on holiday - taking 4 weeks out.

Nothing happening with him till he gets back.......

Cheeky wee scamp missing out on the first 10 days of hard training then getting interested once the real ball work starts....

Jamboscanbevicius

How on earth is Kevin McKenna only 34... 6 months younger than Rudi ????

Seems like he should be about 10 years older!

Kevin mckenna, was playing with FC K?ln last i heard :)

He went down to FC K?ln II and was released at end of season.

Although you may remember the Rangers v Dundee United semi final at the 'neutral' Ibrox Stadium where it was clear the pitch had been narrowed considerably.

Yes but that would be the impartial SFA,

I'd be very happy with Karipidis - a centre back that can also play defensive midfield. Am I right he also had a couple of appearances at right back? A bit of class on the ball too.

But what age is he?

Who did Robbie play with down in England?

Well, if we're looking for a big,experienced, no nonsense defender who's unattached....

Karipidis is a good shout IMO.

...except that he doesn't appear to fit the model of the type of player RN/CL are looking to bring in (he's 31 and would have little or no sell-on value). Having said that I'd be pretty happy with having him back.

Throw one into the mix - Ibrahim Tall. Just been released over in France. Can play at either right back or centre half.

Dr. Bapswent

While we all being ludicrous, why not Henry Smith.... i hear he is without a club....

While we all being ludicrous, why not Henry Smith.... i hear he is without a club....

. Good game this - keeping everyone guessing. Henry might do a job at centre half!

Phil D. Corners

Kev has retiered. Currently at U19 training camp and looking to get his coaching badges.

Very good chance it will be, if not today Tuesday/Wednesday latest. I will update in due course any developments

Today at the latest ? Any updates ?

Don't know whether he's still at Killie, but what about Bouzid?

Bouzid is at Murray Park today. Looks to be signing for the Rangers.

Interesting, considering he struggled to get a game for Kilmarnock last season!

tartofmidlothian

I could live with that.

Interesting, considering he struggled to get a game for Kilmarnock last season!

Bouzid certainly past his best. No surprise to be signing for the Rangers considering he'll get more money there than anywhere else.

Strange one though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

By Christ you're miserable. :lol:

tartofmidlothian

Does mccoist just read this thread then offer any player mentioned a deal?

Heard he's in for Jamie Mole. Remember the stories about him training with us last season? He's come back a different player, teams in Europe already interested. I just hope if we don't get him he doesn't end up at Rangers. It'll take a big offer to stop him going to Spain though.

Get all that, Ally?

I genuinely cant see Zaliukas taking such a cut in wages to come back here.

But the question is what non-British defender would most fans be happy with, and some delighted with. Suggests that the name will be well known and is available on a free.

In theory that should narrow it down quite a lot....

Was Zal not released by Leeds?

Mr Brightside

Good. I genuinely didnt rate Bouzid that highly.

Same here, I would be disappointed if we signed Bouzid again.

Was Zal not released by Leeds?

Pretty sure he only signed a new 18 month or a 2 year contract in January this year?

it was mentioned during one of the Algeria games that bughera(sp) was rumoured to be going back, may be they for the wrong Algeria defender :) I know someone on here got them mixed up.

Same here, I would be disappointed if we signed Bouzid again.

I thought he was all over the place at the back, and I don't mean in a good way. The positive thing I remember about him was his header against Celtic. Loved it!!

I thought he was all over the place at the back, and I don't mean in a good way. The positive thing I remember about him was his header against Celtic. Loved it!!

Celtic goal and popped collar!

tartofmidlothian

it was mentioned during one of the Algeria games that bughera(sp) was rumoured to be going back, may be they for the wrong Algeria defender :) I know someone on here got them mixed up.

:facepalm: if so.

God no. Good mates with the thumb and has a similar I.Q.

As long as he is not a singing partner on the karaoke.

Archived