4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

it's 'could do a job' bingo!!

Brilliant fun :2thumbsup:

Is it as fun as the Fred Elliott bingo, advertised on TV?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarmerTweedy

Craig Levien said there would be 8 new signings this summer. We are half way there now with Morgaro Gomis, James Keatings, Soufian El Hassnaoui and now Neil Alexander joining us.

Who will be next?

GK

LB/CB

CM

S

You reckon we're going to sign Geoff Kilpatrick, Catriona Matthew, Suso and either Leighton Baines or Clare Balding?

I think those are all highly unlikely!

You reckon we're going to sign Geoff Kilpatrick, Catriona Matthew, Suso and either Leighton Baines or Clare Balding?

Clare Balding would 'horse' the championship.

Clare Balding would 'horse' the championship.

She certainly wouldn't take any bull ;)

Gregory House M.D.

State the obvious then. Course you would. You'd be a fool not too.

Webster/Wilson perfectly adequate pairing. Especially in a stronger squad in the championship.

Shame it won't happen.

Webster/Wilson was the worst regular defensive partnership I've watched at Hearts.

Webster needs a strong head next to him to run the defence to play his game properly. Watching him run it when Zal was out was harrowing. People seem to forget just how poor our defence was after Zals injury.

I honestly wouldn't want Webster back unless we were signing a Zaliukas or a Pressley and moving Wilson to LB.

Webster/Wilson was the worst regular defensive partnership I've watched at Hearts.

Webster needs a strong head next to him to run the defence to play his game properly. Watching him run it when Zal was out was harrowing. People seem to forget just how poor our defence was after Zals injury.

I honestly wouldn't want Webster back unless we were signing a Zaliukas or a Pressley and moving Wilson to LB.

I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up for us bringing in a better cb than Webster then

Gregory House M.D.

I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up for us bringing in a better cb than Webster then

I never said we would...

Being a good defender doesn't mean you'd fit in our team and Webster wouldn't. Purely because he's like an older version of Wilson.

Is that Toto over the rainbow?

Toto?

I bless the rains down in Africa.

grantaitchie8

You were definitely thinking of this for a while :lol:

grantaitchie8

I never said we would...

Being a good defender doesn't mean you'd fit in our team and Webster wouldn't. Purely because he's like an older version of Wilson.

I disagree with this, I think Webster would be the ideal partner to guide Wilson through games, a sort of Davie Weir type player. Calm at the back, reads the game well, and also, Wilson would be able to focus on his own game rather than perhaps worrying about a mistake from a team mate.

Gregory House M.D.

I disagree with this, I think Webster would be the ideal partner to guide Wilson through games, a sort of Davie Weir type player. Calm at the back, reads the game well, and also, Wilson would be able to focus on his own game rather than perhaps worrying about a mistake from a team mate.

We've already watched this partnership unfold and it was terrible... Webster is not a leader. In fact, he was the exact opposite of "ideal" for Wilson.

Davie Weir on the other hand was an ideal partner. Purely because he was a no nonsense CB who could run a defence and a natural leader.

Webster and Wilson are both "strollers" who play next to the commanding CB. Not together. This is proven.

Webster was not the vocal type that Zal was and was slow and will be even slower now

FarmerTweedy

Is that you in the corner?

Okay, done to death already and I can't edit my perms apparently!

Dagger Is Back

I used to think that Webster was the glue in that partnership until my mate asked me to watch a bit more closely. Webster is a stroller. He's a good player but definitely not a leader. If you had a choice of partner for DW. Webster would be third from that list.

grantaitchie8

We've already watched this partnership unfold and it was terrible... Webster is not a leader. In fact, he was the exact opposite of "ideal" for Wilson.

Webster wouldn't have to be a leader. When Wilson first came he hadn't played first team football in years and Webster was expected to marshal the defence. Now, Wilson has a season and a bit under his belt, and is at an age where he needs to find consistency in his game. Webster would be a player, in my eyes, capable of helping him find it. What I would argue is whether he'd be the right player to help the likes of Paterson and McHattie along, but I don't think there's any chance of us signing him anyway so it doesn't really matter. And perhaps comparing him with Weir made the wrong point :lol:

Maurice Moss

I like Webster, but he isn't a leader. He is happy to let players know when they should be doing better, but I don't think he encourages or coaches a young player through a game, which is what will be required. He and Zal had a good partnership because they had the right balance of Zal being both dominant (aerially and in the tackle) and encouraging and Webster covering and essentially being the 'bad cop'. I don't think that dynamic is reflected at all with a Webster-Wilson partnership - in fact they are too similar.

Gregory House M.D.

Webster wouldn't have to be a leader. When Wilson first came he hadn't played first team football in years and Webster was expected to marshal the defence. Now, Wilson has a season and a bit under his belt, and is at an age where he needs to find consistency in his game. Webster would be a player, in my eyes, capable of helping him find it. What I would argue is whether he'd be the right player to help the likes of Paterson and McHattie along, but I don't think there's any chance of us signing him anyway so it doesn't really matter. And perhaps comparing him with Weir made the wrong point :lol:

Webster would be an excellent coach/example for Wilson because they are very similar players. Not a defensive partner though.

The ideal defensive partner for Danny Wilson was David Weir. We need to find a player with experience not only in football but in leading a team and defence. Much like Pressley with Webster, obviously a tad different but McPherson with Weir and Ritchie. Sandy Jardine with Craig Levein.

letsalldothebeattie

This is strange people on here going on about Webster coming back (as much as I'd love him back) he signed a 2 year deal with Coventry last summer and hasn't been released good mates with Elvis and has played nearly every game can't see that changing soon.

Plus doesn't fall into the develop and sell on that Levein talked about. Webby is already developed as a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are we talking about Webster? Is there concrete interest from Hearts?

More like wishful thinking!

Clerry Jambo

This is strange people on here going on about Webster coming back (as much as I'd love him back) he signed a 2 year deal with Coventry last summer and hasn't been released good mates with Elvis and has played nearly every game can't see that changing soon.

Plus doesn't fall into the develop and sell on that Levein talked about. Webby is already developed as a player

........and Elvis will surely know a centre half when he sees one you would think :2thumbsup:

letsalldothebeattie

........and Elvis will surely know a centre half when he sees one you would think :2thumbsup:

Well you would think so anyway

According to my Coventry City supporting colleague they quite like Webster too.

Said on another thread.wilson going to spain apparantly.heard from someone who should know,unless they are taking the mickey.

Said on another thread.wilson going to spain apparantly.heard from someone who should know,unless they are taking the mickey.

Replacement for Puyol?

Jambo 4 Ever

Are they normally correct with their info?

letsalldothebeattie

According to my Coventry City supporting colleague they quite like Webster too.

Yeah I've heard a lot of good comments about Webby down there and he's apparently very happy down south as well so can't see that changing anytime soon

Webster coming on board would fit in with the ethos of the club. Possible future coach for the club.

Regarding wilson.they are always correct with their info mate.

Straight swap for Pepe aye? Real Madrid had enough of his thuggish ways?

Clerry Jambo

This Wilson chat could be interesting...........take it the club would get a fee but personally want to see him stay.

Stroll through the championship and sell him to the Rangers next season :davebp:

Garry Kenneth doesn't have a club :builder:

Garry Kenneth is the type of defender we need a big physical no nonsense centre half someone who will complement our young defenders.

The Paille Man

This Wilson chat could be interesting...........take it the club would get a fee but personally want to see him stay.

Stroll through the championship and sell him to the Rangers next season :davebp:

:facepalm:

Why do people insist on entertaining all this "ITK" nonsense?

Sure they didn't say "been to Spain"? For his holiday like?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Clerry Jambo

Sorry I'm a bit of a pant wetter, sucker, roaster, whatever...........

This.

The boy posted the Wilson to Spain rumour a while back and it's clearly not happening.

Cut The Crap

There does seem to be a certain amount of "chatter" around the likelihood of Wilson leaving. I've ignored it because I couldn't corroborate it anywhere else, but a few well connected fans I've bumped into seem to be taking it as read he will be off. We'll see, I guess.

Garry Kenneth is the type of defender we need a big physical no nonsense centre half someone who will complement our young defenders.

Dear oh dear oh dear! Clearly didn't see him at Brechin last year. Overweight, injury prone and not very good! In his last game gave away 2 penalties and got sent off'............FULL of nonsense!!!

tartofmidlothian

I never said we would...

I like Webby and I wouldn't greet if he came back, but you're right about him not being the man to guide young CBs. Darren Barr was better at it, for example with Wee Gowser in the NY derby two years ago.

Have you seen him recently, have you? There is a reason he is without a club. Him and JOS training to be sumo wrestlers.

Dear oh dear oh dear! Clearly didn't see him at Brechin last year. Overweight, injury prone and not very good! In his last game gave away 2 penalties and got sent off'............FULL of nonsense!!!

Dear oh dear oh dear, Clearly you never understood my post. I never once mentioned signing Kenneth, what I did say was a Kenneth type player (a big physical no nonsense defender) ........... Do you get it now!!!!

image.jpg

letsalldothebeattie

How will he be good for us when he was found out at Brechin. He was rank rotten (to be fair always has been though)

Archived