4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

How will he be good for us when he was found out at Brechin. He was rank rotten (to be fair always has been though)

ffs "a Kenneth type player" (NOT KENNETH) a big no nonsense physical central defender, something we don't have in our squad.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WeeToonJambo

Dear oh dear oh dear, Clearly you never understood my post. I never once mentioned signing Kenneth, what I did say was a Kenneth type player (a big physical no nonsense defender) ........... Do you get it now!!!!

Yes, you did! "Garry Kenneth is the type of defender we need", is what you said. You didn't say "a Kenneth type player". In any case it was posted on here yesterday that he has signed for Broughty Ferry.

letsalldothebeattie

ffs "a Kenneth type player" (NOT KENNETH) a big no nonsense physical central defender, something we don't have in our squad.

Garry Kenneth is the type of defender we need a big physical no nonsense centre half someone who will complement our young defenders.

Think you did

letsalldothebeattie

Not what I meant to say then, now that you know what I meant to say can we move on. Cheers.

Yes its all cleared up time to move on

:facepalm:

Why do people insist on entertaining all this "ITK" nonsense?

My ITK contact has got Craig Levein, Robbie Neilson, (8th May when announcements made on 12th May); Neil Alexander coach and playing contract (10th June) andSam Nicholson to sign 3 year deal (deleted that text so can't confirm date) all spot on. Each time confirmed 100% confidence levels.

He's now got to deliver on new member of backroom staff (not sure of position but will be U20; 1st team or Academy Director) - 100% will be here and 75% on a returning player and coach to go.

:brucey:

letsalldothebeattie

I think we still need a left back and a experienced centre half

Agree someone to push McHattie on and give him a challenge although we have Liam Smith in the 20s capable of playing LB but would rather we got one in and same with CB need 1 more McGhee, McKay & Wilson not enough for a season.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

judas-kiss-660.jpg

Andy Webster

Andy_Webster_1214846c.jpg

Judas Iscariot

So as it stands we have:

Goalkeepers- Alexander & Hamilton.

Defenders- Patterson, McGee, McKay, Wilson, HcHattie.

Midfielders- Robinson, Holt, Smith, Nicholson, Gomis, Walker, King.

Forwards- Carrick, Keatings, Soufian El Hassnaoui, Oliver.

Just goes to show how short we actually are in all departments. Once the squad is complete, I think the starting 11 will be very strong but a couple of injuries to key players could really set us back.

rudi must stay

So as it stands we have:

Just goes to show how short we actually are in all departments. Once the squad is complete, I think the starting 11 will be very strong but a couple of injuries to key players could really set us back.

It always will if you have injuries. Unless you have a squad of 50, like we had in Vlad's time. Hopefully there's a signing today, but it looks like they're trying to pander to us with the U20's news

letsalldothebeattie

So as it stands we have:

Break it down further it looks worse for defence

Right Back: Callum Paterson (Liam Smith can play RB as can McGhee)

Centre Back: Wilson, McGhee, McKay (Liam Gordon other option from 20s)

Left Back: Kev McHattie (Liam Smith can play LB too)

People harping on about we need a Left Back to challenge McHattie when ideally we could do with an Right Back to challenge Paterson as well. Injuries and suspensions will play their part next season as always and feel we could be caught short.

Just looking over the midfield we are well equipped with wingers and have a decent 3 man central midfield but look beyond again injury or suspension all we have are Angus Beith and Aaron Scott from the 20s. Should we be looking at maybe another Central midfielder?

People harping on about we need a Left Back to challenge McHattie when ideally we could do with an Right Back to challenge Paterson as well. Injuries and suspensions will play their part next season as always and feel we could be caught short.

Just looking over the midfield we are well equipped with wingers and have a decent 3 man central midfield but look beyond again injury or suspension all we have are Angus Beith and Aaron Scott from the 20s. Should we be looking at maybe another Central midfielder?

I think from RN's comments we'll be trying to bring in as much strength in depth in all areas ad possible. However it is limited by budget. May be that by January our finances are holding up well so we'll be able to bring in a couple more where most needed. At the end of the day, the last thing we are going to do is over extended ourselves now without know how the finances for the season are going to be. (Projections based on early uptake look good but we'very got to play it safe or else we know what might happen)

Have we been linked with Gary Kenneth by anyone other than Kickbackers who know nothing about what is happening at the club?

letsalldothebeattie

I think from RN's comments we'll be trying to bring in as much strength in depth in all areas ad possible. However it is limited by budget. May be that by January our finances are holding up well so we'll be able to bring in a couple more where most needed. At the end of the day, the last thing we are going to do is over extended ourselves now without know how the finances for the season are going to be. (Projections based on early uptake look good but we'very got to play it safe or else we know what might happen)

I completely agree we cant go back to the way things were before as we cant go through another season like last season financially. My point was more with the budget we have should we not look to areas where we will need depth next season like at RB, CB & CM. Stong contenders for Suspensions and injuries those areas. Look how many bookings Paterson picked up last season for mouthing at the ref. Wilson has his injury problems last season Robinson picks up his fair share of yellows too.

That was my point not just go bring in players to fill positions for the hell of it

I completely agree we cant go back to the way things were before as we cant go through another season like last season financially. My point was more with the budget we have should we not look to areas where we will need depth next season like at RB, CB & CM. Stong contenders for Suspensions and injuries those areas. Look how many bookings Paterson picked up last season for mouthing at the ref. Wilson has his injury problems last season Robinson picks up his fair share of yellows too.

That was my point not just go bring in players to fill positions for the hell of it

Aye cos that's what RN and CL are doing. Just because they can.

Not enough facepalms.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

oh ah grantona

Brad mackay played right back at Easter road did he not (came on as sub at new year game i think) seemed decent

McGhee and Wilson can both stand in at left back

We know have a better full back coach IMO

I have slated McHattie lots but i think he lacks a brain when playing football im looking for that to change this year. I think you are correct we could really do with 3 defenders and a midfielder, that's your 4 ( Rudi has played left back could go back if serious injuries shows why getting him onboard for a year as a solid player and then benefit from years of excellent coaching)

I get you, and totally agree, I think we'll find key positions strengthened as a priority with other positions added to if financially possible. I think this has been alluded to at some point.

From the current squad IMO our strongest starting 11 in a 4-1-3-2 formation would be -

Alexander

Patterson McGee Wilson McHattie

Gomis

Holt Robinson Nicholson

El Hassnaoui Carrick Keatings 2 from the 3

With the above set up it gives us options to chance formation without making subs.

Patterson pushing up into right midfield it give us an easy switch to a 3-1-4-2 with McGee moving over to right back.

Or El Hassnaoui dropping into right midfield and Gomis pushing up along side Holt and Robinson would be an easy switch to a 4-5-1 if needs be. I think I read somewhere that Gomis can also play at Centre back.

letsalldothebeattie

From the current squad IMO our strongest starting 11 in a 4-1-3-2 formation would be -

Alexander

Gomis

Holt Robinson Nicholson

With the above set up it gives us options to chance formation without making subs.

Patterson pushing up into right midfield it give us an easy switch to a 3-1-4-2 with McGee moving over to right back.

Or El Hassnaoui dropping into right midfield and Gomis pushing up along side Holt and Robinson would be an easy switch to a 4-5-1 if needs be. I think I read somewhere that Gomis can also play at Centre back.

I like the team although your 3 of Holt, Robinson & Nicholson suggests we need width so would require Smith, Walker or King i would say. Robinson & Holt better for central rolls.

Yeah I think one of robinson or holt may drop out of the starting line up to partner gomis, stick walker, Nicholson and Sofi in behind Keatings and that's our team imo

The Paille Man

I like the team although your 3 of Holt, Robinson & Nicholson suggests we need width so would require Smith, Walker or King i would say. Robinson & Holt better for central rolls.

Central Rolls? Is that next season's match day catering firm?

We know have a better full back coach IMO

We have a better RB coach.

If I recall correctly, Hearts' FBs under Levein were Maybury (RB) and Mahe (LB). When Mahe (great player) retired at the end of the 2003 season, Maybury had to move to LB to accommodate one-footed Neilson at RB.

letsalldothebeattie

Central Rolls? Is that next season's match day catering firm?

Yeah taken over the matchday kiosks.

Just meant they are better off in centre midfield rather than being pushed wide when they arent wingers.

Im sure they would still do a good job on kiosks if they got hired mind

Clerry Jambo

Alexander

Gomis

Holt Robinson Nicholson

Alexander

Paterson McGhee Wilson McHattie

Gomis

Nicholson Holt El Hassnaoui King

Keatings

Presumably one (or more?)of those with only 1 year left on his contract....I'll go for Holt and/or Walker

rudi must stay

Alexander

Gomis

Holt Robinson Nicholson

Depends who we can bring in. But

Alexander

Patterson Wilson McKay (or a new CB) McHattie

Gomis Robinson Holt

Keatings Carrick El Hassnaoui

Very attacking minded I know, but thats a team i'd like to see

1 year extension for Oliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has that not already been announced?

Rudi's Left Peg

I think we should sign Gary Kenneth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Kenneth will never play football professionally again. He is set to start an apprent up north somewhere, probably aberdeen.

magicjohnston

I'm sure there was a rumour or I read that levein/budge wanted a first team squad of 23 players. So another 4 to add to the 19 listed above? We look pretty short in defence and midfield looking at jambogjh squad list

Gorgie Aggro

Robbie has only turned 34. Surely he can still do a job as a back up? Player/manager role?

Jambo 4 Ever

Robbie has only turned 34. Surely he can still do a job as a back up? Player/manager role?

Was thinking that too - he would be good to have as back up! But I think I read he doesn't want to play any more...

Jamboscanbevicius

Never keen on player/manager roles personally. Ok at lower part-time clubs, but a full-time pro team needs a full-time manager IMO.

I'm sure someone will find an exception but can't think of many that have been a great success in this type of role unless as a stop-gap after a sacking!

Never keen on player/manager roles personally. Ok at lower part-time clubs, but a full-time pro team needs a full-time manager IMO.

I'm sure someone will find an exception but can't think of many that have been a great success in this type of role unless as a stop-gap after a sacking!

I take it you're too young to remember Alex McDonald? Graeme Souness and Kenny Dalglish also made a fair stab at it

Not what I meant to say then, now that you know what I meant to say can we move on. Cheers.

No offence taken - apology accepted LOL.

We do need a good solid centre back that would allow us to get the best out of Wilson. McGowan and McKay type players but with maybe another 3 to 4 years experience playing at centre back. CB IMO is a position where match experience counts for so much. Probably hanging myself out to dry here but how many great CB's are under 23?

It always will if you have injuries. Unless you have a squad of 50, like we had in Vlad's time. Hopefully there's a signing today, but it looks like they're trying to pander to us with the U20's news

Really?

letsalldothebeattie

Would be a decent backup for Paterson i would say. Although would rather Robbie just focus on the management now. Not against a player/manager just think he needs to be solely focussed on his role of Manager or Head Coach whatever its called

rudi must stay

Really?

Ye mate. As if anybodys doing cartwheels about some players joining the academy. Good luck to them, but new signings have to arrive

Ye mate. As if anybodys doing cartwheels about some players joining the academy. Good luck to them, but new signings have to arrive

And they will arrive, we need to be patient as we can't rush this, they have to be the right signing which I'm sure they will be.

I understand we are nurturing players but we really do need depth, that's obvious.

Obviously there will be more movement to come on the transfer front though and I hope it is at least another 4 players.

Archived