4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

Anyone who is touting dusan pernis as a new back up keeper can be disapointed as he has just played for Slovan Bratislava in their champions league victory over The New Saints.

Virgin channel 166 (the welsh one)

Surpisingly not a bad match at all!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robbo-Jambo

Got the feeling he slipped up lol his face changed when he said it as if he shouldn't have said it. He says it right at the end just after "we will show you highlights of Hibs game at East end park" and speak to Hearts new signing!

Oh well hope you are right. The more signings the better. :2thumbsup:

Dr. Bapswent

Well somebody must be signing tomorrow STV news just said we will be speaking to Hearts new signing on tomorrow's news.

So they'll be speaking to Paterson, or Gomis, or The Turk or one of the others tomorrow on the news then?

Great anticipation about these potential new signings. Wondered if the 'keeper Hibs released would be worth having as a back up. Seemed pretty good to me.

It's also great news of course that we are holding on to our promising youngsters and I hope we can continue to do that.

From the STV article on Sow:

"Again, Prince is happy, but sometimes these things can take a couple of weeks to get sorted out.

"I?m happy with [the squad] we?ve got. There are one or two [positions to strengthen] but there?s no rush for us to do it.

"If anyone comes up who I think can add to the squad and who is good value for money then we will look at him."

Robbie playing hard to get by the looks of it... The delays with Buaben have got me slightly alarmed, and I'm personally hoping we can get these two strikers signed up ASAP if Robbie rates them before someone else does.

"Again, Prince is happy, but sometimes these things can take a couple of weeks to get sorted out.

"I?m happy with [the squad] we?ve got. There are one or two [positions to strengthen] but there?s no rush for us to do it.

"If anyone comes up who I think can add to the squad and who is good value for money then we will look at him."

Robbie playing hard to get by the looks of it... The delays with Buaben have got me slightly alarmed, and I'm personally hoping we can get these two strikers signed up ASAP if Robbie rates them before someone else does.

We've got to be sensible about wages etc though.

We don't want to go back down that road.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Do we really need two more strikers? I imagine we had both on trial, but with a view to signing one.

We've got to be sensible about wages etc though.

We don't want to go back down that road.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Agreed, I'm getting greedy though after so long without anything. It's so overwhelming.

Is anyone looking at our "in" list versus our "out" list vaguely unhappy about where we are when compared with the end of the season?

Back to 2005

Is anyone looking at our "in" list versus our "out" list vaguely unhappy about where we are when compared with the end of the season?

Seriously?

Do we really need two more strikers? I imagine we had both on trial, but with a view to signing one.h

I've no concerns how many players we sign, we will only sign what we can afford, if that's one player or five I'm fine with that , AB has a hold of the purse strings and AB & CL we trust

Do we really need two more strikers? I imagine we had both on trial, but with a view to signing one.h

I've no concerns how many players we sign, we will only sign what we can afford, if that's one player or five I'm fine with that , AB has a hold of the purse strings and AB & CL we trust

heartsfc_fan

Eh? Are you saying we are worse off than we are last season?

I don't think so...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

One striker a keeper and a versatile experienced defender then let's go

But I'd much rather we use what's left of the budget to sign a full back than a striker.

Ozturk replaced McGowan - looks like being an improvement

Gomis replaced Hamill - definite improvement

Alexander replaced MacDonald - remains to be seen

El Hassnaoui replaced Stevenson - who knows

if Buaben replaces Tapping - definite improvement

Keating replaced McCallum - can only be an improvement

players like Hamilton, Beith, Oliver, McGhee and Liam Smith are ready to play more of a part

Ridgers hasn't really been replaced

It looks like we'll add another couple of players

Guest oldcastlerock2012

We still need another goalie, even just as backup, but we've definitely strengthened in defence, midfield and up front - and of course in the manager, owner and coaching positions!

colinmaroon

Not me!

As I've said in another post,

"When is it the Transfer Window closes again? Next week?"

Dr. Bapswent

Havent seen them play competitively, so its not really fair to judge - but on paper, it looks good.

Not me!

As I've said in another post,

"When is it the Transfer Window closes again? Next week?"

The transfer window does not close until 23.00h on 1 September but you can still sign players who are free agents or out of contract after that date.

RustyRightPeg

Vast improvements everywhere, technically. Whether the new players are up for a physical battle that usually happens week in week out in Scotland waits to be seen. Foreign players are naturally a bit more streetwise and know how to get away with the sly stuff without being caught.

gashauskis9

One striker a keeper and a versatile experienced defender then let's go

This. Squad shaping up nicely, even without the above.

Team for the Huns (assuming we sign Sow or Uiterloo and Prince)

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Wilson

McHattie

Gomis

Holt

Nicholson

Keatings

King

Sow or Uiterloo

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, L.Smith, Buaben, D.Smith, Oliver, Carrick

Add another GK, CH and having El Hass, Robinson and Walker back from suspension/injury and we'll be solid. Still have McKay, Henderson, Beith and Scott waiting in the wings.

**** this Prudence, Its gonnae be a long month when we wrap up all our business in the next week or so (Im no ITK btw)

Jamboscanbevicius

http://www.edinburgh...acher-1-3479515

More on Sow and Uiterloo

Can't imagine who the Premier teams after Gallacher are. On a quick look through everyone seems to be fairly well sorted for GKs.

If Sow is flying back in, it is surely to sign I would think.

Interesting that he doesn't mention Ouiterloo in the attacking options, but name-checks everyone at the club plus Sow. Sounds to me like we want Sow first, and Ouiterloo is only a back-up option.

Can't imagine who the Premier teams after Gallacher are. On a quick look through everyone seems to be fairly well sorted for GKs.

If Sow is flying back in, it is surely to sign I would think.

Interesting that he doesn't mention Ouiterloo in the attacking options, but name-checks everyone at the club plus Sow. Sounds to me like we want Sow first, and Ouiterloo is only a back-up option.

English Premiership ;)

In one of the quotes it makes it sound like he's gone back to Holland and what happens next is up to him.

Sounds like we've dumped Uiterloo.

More likely the other way around if anything imo.

"If it does happen, then we might be the team that gives him that opportunity. Ultimately, it?s down to him if he wants it"

Sounds like we've dumped Uiterloo.

Dunno, I read that the ball is in his court rather than us saying 'no'

Asked about 23-year-old Uiterloo, Neilson said: ?Rafa came through the Ajax academy and was playing in the top league in Holland at 18. Then came a big-money move to Saudi Arabia and he lost his way a bit. He found himself back from there and trying to kickstart himself again. If it does happen, then we might be the team that gives him that opportunity. Ultimately, it?s down to him if he wants it

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed both, the way season ticket sales have went AB could well release more funds into the wage budget.

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed both, the way season ticket sales have went AB could well release more funds into the wage budget.

That'd be great. Although, would that leave us with too many attacking options?

Been a while since that's been the case.

Dr. Bapswent

More likely the other way around if anything imo.

"If it does happen, then we might be the team that gives him that opportunity. Ultimately, it?s down to him if he wants it"

He's pissed off back home.

Dr. Bapswent

Dunno, I read that the ball is in his court rather than us saying 'no'

Asked about 23-year-old Uiterloo, Neilson said: ?Rafa came through the Ajax academy and was playing in the top league in Holland at 18. Then came a big-money move to Saudi Arabia and he lost his way a bit. He found himself back from there and trying to kickstart himself again. If it does happen, then we might be the team that gives him that opportunity. Ultimately, it?s down to him if he wants it

We might just not be flush enough to afford him.

jambobanker

Does anyone know what is meant in RN's view as a "good character"? I don't know if anyone has noticed that in every interview about a new or potential new player they are either are a good character or RN is assessing their character.

We might just not be flush enough to afford him.

See what you are doing there :)

Does anyone know what is meant in RN's view as a "good character"? I don't know if anyone has noticed that in every interview about a new or potential new player they are either are a good character or RN is assessing their character.

The opposite of Derek Riordan.

pretty much means what you would expect it to, he wants players who are professional, look after themselves, good personality, and not get into trouble, so our youngsters that are coming through can learn good habbits. as opposed to lazy, bad characters who get into trouble and go out on the lash (or worse)....... basically if you are a Garry O'Conner / Derek Riordan / hibs class you are not wanted here

Jamboscanbevicius

As someone who experienced a lot of "characters" during the Romanov years, and saw the detriment a poor dressing room can have, I think RN is fairly well placed for this.

E.g.

Takis Fyssas = good character

Mauricio Pinilla = bad character

As someone who experienced a lot of "characters" during the Romanov years, and saw the detriment a poor dressing room can have, I think RN is fairly well placed for this.

E.g.

Takis Fyssas = good character

Mauricio Pinilla = bad character

Pinilla was treated for mental issues. I don't think it's fair to call that bad character. Kingston? Him. He was at it.

Archived