• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Anyone else watching hard sun?

Watched it today. Really enjoyed it - some folk will pick holes in it but it was a decent enough watch

The Frozen Dead

Not a spin off with Rick Grimes where they're all cold, but a really good, layered , French murder / mystery 

Spent 15 minutes watching it with the audio description on though. Idiot 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Gavman81 said:

The Frozen Dead

Not a spin off with Rick Grimes where they're all cold, but a really good, layered , French murder / mystery 

Spent 15 minutes watching it with the audio description on though. Idiot 

Thought it was brilliant until the last episode where the plot got ludicrous

scott herbertson
On 1/16/2018 at 16:45, John Findlay said:

Anyone else watching hard sun?

watched it - thought it was ok though the government agent was a bit OTT and hard to believe a secret  like that would last long. The individual stories were variable but a couple of them were very good. definitely watch the next series

Shanks said no
On 09/01/2018 at 15:31, vegas-voss said:

The End Of The ****ING World.

Thought this was great just watched the lot in one go

Watched it all last night. Loved it. Son came through to living room as his mum was laughing out loud, not a normal occurrence. 

Say What Again
On 09/01/2018 at 15:31, vegas-voss said:

The End Of The ****ING World.

Thought this was great just watched the lot in one go

Watched this is one day last week when I was off. I loved it, and recommended it to two folk at work with (usually) similar tastes.

Both binned it after two episodes as the main characters annoyed them so much.

Looks like it's just they two that have similar tastes :P Amazing similar actually! 

17 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Watched this is one day last week when I was off. I loved it, and recommended it to two folk at work with (usually) similar tastes.

Both binned it after two episodes as the main characters annoyed them so much.

Looks like it's just they two that have similar tastes :P Amazing similar actually! 

Not sure they really got it.Dont think the characters are meant to be instantly likeable.

Anyone giving 'Britannia' a go. Skys latest flag ship tv series. Released full season one tonight.

Obviously trying to piggy back game of thrones and vikings etc success

on episode 4 wanting to give it a chance but im leaning towards it being a lot  of mince atm

10 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Anyone giving 'Britannia' a go. Skys latest flag ship tv series. Released full season one tonight.

Obviously trying to piggy back game of thrones and vikings etc success

on episode 4 wanting to give it a chance but im leaning towards it being a lot  of mince atm

Watched first 2 episodes.Its got a really good cast but it all feels really cheapish  like a History channel drama (apart from Vikings of course).

9 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Watched first 2 episodes.Its got a really good cast but it all feels really cheapish  like a History channel drama (apart from Vikings of course).

I think it looks well enough made. and has some good actors/actresses

but the script is all over the place. its 40 AD or whatever and they speak very modern/slang. Even little things like using dad instead of father or phrases like "bigger fish to fry" im not expecting ultra realism but it just seems out of place, odd vibe to it all.

Also think despite some decent actors its been wrongly cast in many parts. The main roman general guy needed to be way more sinister. Instead he looks like he is the type of guy trying to sell me a phone contract or some new double glazed windows lol

Its not terrible but somethings just not working for me

7 hours ago, Alan_R said:

I think it looks well enough made. and has some good actors/actresses

but the script is all over the place. its 40 AD or whatever and they speak very modern/slang. Even little things like using dad instead of father or phrases like "bigger fish to fry" im not expecting ultra realism but it just seems out of place, odd vibe to it all.

Also think despite some decent actors its been wrongly cast in many parts. The main roman general guy needed to be way more sinister. Instead he looks like he is the type of guy trying to sell me a phone contract or some new double glazed windows lol

Its not terrible but somethings just not working for me

The clans as well it like team red vs team blue.Some old school crips vs bloods :lol:

Been waiting patiently for this and first impressions are that it's bollocks.

I hate that fuzzy out of focus camera shot they use incessantly.

I will stick with it but not a happy chappy.

Say What Again

I’d made my mind up it would be bollocks from the adverts. Some of the scenes I couldn’t decide if it was meant to be a spoof or even a comedy. 

Been watching Inside Number 9. Somehow missed it until now and have watched up to half way through season 2. Very good.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Been watching Inside Number 9. Somehow missed it until now and have watched up to half way through season 2. Very good.

Just started this as well.Really good it's like a comedy version of Black Mirror.I was a big fan of League Of Gentlemen though.

11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Just started this as well.Really good it's like a comedy version of Black Mirror.I was a big fan of League Of Gentlemen though.

Yeah it does have a real Black Mirror vibe to it. It's clever and the twists usually catch me off guard. Some really dark episodes amongst the comedy too. 

54 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah it does have a real Black Mirror vibe to it. It's clever and the twists usually catch me off guard. Some really dark episodes amongst the comedy too. 

Yes it's dark twisted comedy

Some great Andrew Graham Dixon shows on I Player.

Rome Unpacked.

Royal art collection.

Van Gogh one about the stealing of two of his earlier works.

Just to follow up on Halt and Catch Fire...... If you grew up in the 80’s and are slightly nerdy when it comes to tech like me, then I recommend this show. Blasted through two seasons now and I’ve really enjoyed it.

8.3/10 on IMDB

Watched the Netflix documentary Dirty Money.Really enjoyed it only one I couldn't really get into was the one about Maple Syrup.The Trump one,The HSBC one and the Valiant one were really good.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

National Treasure on 4od, super cast. Is it any good?

If it is the one I am thinking of I would say it is worth a watch. Julie Walterss and Robbie Coltrane are excellent in it. 

47 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Before We die - decent Swedish mafia series, with the bonus of Christophe Berra in a leading role

D16F57A8-A9F0-411A-8B0B-B55D91CBA709.jpeg

Mate, that's clearly Eggert Jönsson.

scott herbertson
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Mate, that's clearly Eggert Jönsson.

4 hours ago, Sex Panther said:

Not Marius Zaliukas?

Nah if you watch it (and it’s quite good) you’ll see it’s clearly Christophe moonlighting to make up the difference in the EPL and SPL salaries

Tried watching Altered Carbon on Netflix.2 episodes in and i have gave up.Its like a shit Blade Runner.

Damnation on Netflix just watch the first episode of that and found that much better so will stick with that.

Carl Fredrickson

Watched three series of Ray Donovan on Prime and really enjoyed it. Stopping there as you need to pay for series 4. 

Might give Damnation on Netflix a try. 

6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Tried watching Altered Carbon on Netflix.2 episodes in and i have gave up.Its like a shit Blade Runner.

I've watched the first 5 episodes, some great visuals but it's like a Blade Runner-lite murder mystery, just about watchable but nothing great.

...a bit disco
11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Damnation on Netflix just watch the first episode of that and found that much better so will stick with that.

Nearly gave up on Altered Carbon after the first 2 but just watched 3 and it certainly upped it's game!

scott herbertson

I hesitate to recommend it, as basically it’s pretty shit, but I laughed a lot at Man like Mobeen (4 episodes on Catch up on BBC2)

its a 20minutes a time short comedy set amongst the Muslim community on a big estate (and it might help that I’ve worked a lot with Muslim groups in the past) and it catches the sense of humour very well. There’s something very appealing about the duff characters and their situation. Should be standard watching in Schools IMO

give it a try, you won’t waste much of your life as it’s only 80 minutes in total

Just started watching Altered Carbon on Netflix, episode 2 on now after an eventful episode 1. Even at this point I'd say give it a go.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:15, vegas-voss said:

19 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

I've watched the first 5 episodes, some great visuals but it's like a Blade Runner-lite murder mystery, just about watchable but nothing great.

ha ha didn't see your comments when I posted. I enjoyed the first episode but an hour long it might just be a touch too long, perhaps 45 minutes is more adequate. We'll see...

Edited by Marvin

Anyone watching Dirk Gently? A mate has recommended it to me. However I am quite particular on what I watch. Some may say I've got eclectic taste.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series