Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Disser Pointon

Binged 13 episodes of Designated survivor over the last 2 nights, really enjoying it although it does have the usual cheesy US show moments. Very reminiscent of 24.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rudi must stay

McMafia on BBC. Looks really good, James Norton is a super actor, he's apparently on the people behind James Bond's radar when Daniel Craig leaves so a promising name at the moment

...a bit disco

Season 2 of Travelers now up on Netflix.

Decent sci-fi that doesn't rely on special effects.

18 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Binged 13 episodes of Designated survivor over the last 2 nights, really enjoying it although it does have the usual cheesy US show moments. Very reminiscent of 24.

Great show, although does get a bit predictable.

I think I just love anything with Kiefer in it.

Been watching line of duty finishing sereis 4 brilliant acting and storylines. Going to start godless on netflix been waiting to finish line of duty . 

...a bit disco
28 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

First episode of black mirror season 4 is outstanding. Will binge the rest over the weekend. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

looking forward to bingeing the rest.

Watched Manhunt - Unabomber on Netflix. Watch the full series in one day, which is always a good sign. Well worth a watch. Have been watching Mindhunter too, but can only do an episode at a time of that as find it really slow, Manhunt was much better IMO.

BBC4 French drama - Spiral

Episodes 1 & 2 double bill tonight. All subtitles, good gritty setting and storyline. Paris CID investigate a mutilated body (only the torso to start with) with other storylines intertwined.

35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

BBC4 French drama - Spiral

Episodes 1 & 2 double bill tonight. All subtitles, good gritty setting and storyline. Paris CID investigate a mutilated body (only the torso to start with) with other storylines intertwined.

Awesome, didn't know there was a new series. Love Spiral!

12 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Awesome, didn't know there was a new series. Love Spiral!

It said Spiral 6, has there been 5 series of this already?

It does look really good.

On 01/12/2017 at 12:30, jambog said:

My daughter tipped me of about Ozark (Netflix) Watched all 10 episodes over a weekend. Superb

Cheers for this one. Me and Mrs Robbom really enjoyed Ozark over the Christmas holidays

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

It said Spiral 6, has there been 5 series of this already?

It does look really good.

Yeah there have been 5 previous series. The last one aired about 3 years ago. I figured it was the final one.

Worth going back and watching from the start if you can find them online anywhere.

Edited by Ray Gin

luckyBatistuta
On 30/12/2017 at 20:00, jamie1874 said:

Watched Manhunt - Unabomber on Netflix. Watch the full series in one day, which is always a good sign. Well worth a watch. Have been watching Mindhunter too, but can only do an episode at a time of that as find it really slow, Manhunt was much better IMO.

Just pressing play on the first episode now, sounds good.

Can't remember now who first recommended Future Man but thanks as it was a great shout.Myself and the Mrs think it's great.

Disser Pointon
On 12/26/2017 at 20:04, Tazio said:

I've just watched the first two episodes of Godless on Netflix, shaping up to be an excellent watch.

Watched the first one of this earlier today, shows promise.

luckyBatistuta
On 30/12/2017 at 20:00, jamie1874 said:

Watched the whole thing in two nights viewing, tremendous stuff. Highly recommend watching this too. Cheers jamie:thumbsup: 

Started re-watching Game of Thrones from the beginning in the down season.  It really is  tremendous viewing.  Nearly finished season three.  Head and shoulders above anything else on the tele, including Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead etc.

Carl Fredrickson

Has been mentioned already but Chapo on Netflix is worth a watch. 

Similar to Narcos but set in Mexico. Awful life so many have under such cartels. 

Started watching Van Helsing on Netflix. Not at all what I thought it was going to be, looks from the advertising likes it's going to be a teen adventure type thing. Where it's more like The Walking Dead with a group of people trying to survive after a catastrophic event that has made most of the population vampires. Not your Dracula types but more like feral beasts. Not brilliant but very watchable.

On 02/01/2018 at 08:28, Disco Dave said:

Watched the first episode of travellers last night. Enjoyed it

Almost finished season 1 now. Really recommend this show.

El Chapo season 2 was really good as well

...a bit disco
On 05/01/2018 at 11:19, Disco Dave said:

Almost finished season 1 now. Really recommend this show.

El Chapo season 2 was really good as well

Season 2 is even better.

On 02/01/2018 at 08:28, Disco Dave said:

Watched the first episode of travellers last night. Enjoyed it

I'm on my 4th episode of the night after reading this thread. Nicely quirky.

On 5 January 2018 at 01:11, Tazio said:

Started watching Van Helsing on Netflix. Not at all what I thought it was going to be, looks from the advertising likes it's going to be a teen adventure type thing. Where it's more like The Walking Dead with a group of people trying to survive after a catastrophic event that has made most of the population vampires. Not your Dracula types but more like feral beasts. Not brilliant but very watchable.

Watched the first few episodes last night, have to agree not what i expected. The Walking Dead and The strain combo. 

42 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Watched the first few episodes last night, have to agree not what i expected. The Walking Dead and The strain combo. 

Just approaching the end of season 1, enjoyed it. 

41 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The End Of The ****ING World.

Thought this was great just watched the lot in one go

I also thought it was great, really not sure how it didn't become a big thing. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I also thought it was great, really not sure how it didn't become a big thing. 

Was it not just stuck on All 4 at once instead of being on once a week.Then has ended up on Netflix where I watched it where it can be easy to get lost.I think through word of mouth this will end up with far more viewers.

Just finished watching the Good Girls Revolt on Amazon Prime. It's loosely based on a  true story of a group of women at Newsweek magazine who banded together to sue the magazine for the right to equal opportunity to be reporters. The story is told alongside the evolving political climate in USA at the end of the 60s into 1970. Given the current pay equality issues at the BBC and the seedy stories of Holywood the series hits a very contemporary nerve. Incredibly though it hasn't got a second series and the " ... irony of a man being accused of sexual harassment having played a role in canceling a series about sexual harassment and gender discrimination in the workplace was not lost on observers". 

Apologies if mentioned but recommend Marcella on Netflix. Just started it the other night and on last episode this evening. Lots of twists. Decent watch and only 8 episodes. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Some serious uber violence in Vikings tonight. 

Terrific stuff. The makers of the Walking Dead should be made to watch that to remind them what a fight is really like 

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Terrific stuff. The makers of the Walking Dead should be made to watch that to remind them what a fight is really like 

It made Braveheart look like pavement dancing.

Disser Pointon

Finished Godless this morning, excellent mini series, 9/10 for me, I love a Western. Got me in the mood for more, anybody watched the Kevin Costner Netflix series The Hatfield & McCoys?

2 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Finished Godless this morning, excellent mini series, 9/10 for me, I love a Western. Got me in the mood for more, anybody watched the Kevin Costner Netflix series The Hatfield & McCoys?

Yes I watched it a few years ago now.I enjoyed it

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series