Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fraggle Rock

Season 2 of Startup is superb, just finished watching the last episode. felt rather sad it ended, lol :tiny:  .

Not sure if we will see a season 3.

Edited by EH17

The good doctor with Freddie highmore in it is really promising. He plays an autistic savant who is given a position as a surgeon in hospital. First episode was excellent

NSU German History X

Brilliant 3 part miniseries about Neo Nazi's and how protected they were in efforts to catch them.

Some great acting in last nights episode of Ray Donovan

Has Ray Donovan got any better?

I watched the first 2 episodes off the latest series. Thought it was absolute drivel.

luckyBatistuta
On 15/09/2017 at 10:28 AM, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Gomorrah season 3 trailer

Hope the subtitles are going to be on it on Kodi. Never seen Narcos before, so tried watching it on Covenant today, but there was no subtitles. I loaded on the subscene ones in Kodi itself, but the fek'n things are about 20 secs ahead...wtf!!!

Anyway, back on topic. I'm seriously looking forward to watching this, great programme.

On 22/09/2017 at 7:52 PM, Jambof3tornado said:

Outlander season 3.

Turn season 4 on amazon.

Superb stuff.

Just watched episode 4 of the latest season and think it's great watch, off to watch episode 5 now. 

Yep I agree with others " Mr Mercedes" is excellent.  Outstanding cast and really quite brutal storyline.  Excellent.  Its the final episode this week.

" American Horror story :Cult" is back to its best again,.  The series took a dip with " Hotel" and " Roanaok" but is really good this season and also  very funny poking fun at political correctness, Trump , Clinton and others but with the usual horrific scenes. 

Ive started on " Ozark" too and its looking good. On the 3rd episode now. 

Looking forward to " Gommorah" and " The Bridge" too.

Some great TV out there. 

Disser Pointon
8 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Just finished Start Up on Amazon. Excellent, definitely recommend. 

Watched episode 4 this morning, just as good, if not better, than season 1. Can't beat a bit of Ron Pearlman as well!!

Goldstone Wonder

I've just started watching two series. The Deuce on Sky Atlantic and Snowfall on BBC 2. Both highly recommended

The Deuce is set in Manhattan in 1971. It's slang for 42nd St where the red light district was/is. Tells the story of hookers, pimps, barmen etc in the area. Really captures the zeitgeist well imho.   From the same people who did the Wire. Stating James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhal

Snowfall is set in South Central LA in 1983 at the start of the crack cocaine epidemic. Really promising opening episode on Sunday night. 

4 hours ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

I've just started watching two series. The Deuce on Sky Atlantic and Snowfall on BBC 2. Both highly recommended

The Deuce is set in Manhattan in 1971. It's slang for 42nd St where the red light district was/is. Tells the story of hookers, pimps, barmen etc in the area. Really captures the zeitgeist well imho.   From the same people who did the Wire. Stating James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhal

Snowfall is set in South Central LA in 1983 at the start of the crack cocaine epidemic. Really promising opening episode on Sunday night. 

I have watched all of Snowfall it's pretty good.A few iffy bits but I thought it was good overall.

Season 3 of "Mr Robot" has started for those that are interested, I lost interest during season 2 , a bit to bat sh!t crazy for me after a great first season.

And Stranger Things 2  is back with all episodes to watch on the 27th October.

...a bit disco

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Set in 1977, it looks at early criminal profiling in the FBI. Only watched the first 2 episodes but I'm hooked already.

Cool soundtrack as well.

Carl Fredrickson
15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Set in 1977, it looks at early criminal profiling in the FBI. Only watched the first 2 episodes but I'm hooked already.

Cool soundtrack as well.

Just finished episode 7. Great viewing and ticks a lot of boxes with me.

17 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Cool soundtrack as well.

Excellent, on episode 4 now.

rudi must stay

Godless starts November 22nd on Netflix. Jeff Daniels and Jack O'Connell star. Anything with Jack O'Connell in it is worth watching..

15 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Cool soundtrack as well.

Gave it a try last night and i am loving it, same as you only watched the first 2 episodes. 

Good shout , Thanks.

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Godless starts November 22nd on Netflix. Jeff Daniels and Jack O'Connell star. Anything with Jack O'Connell in it is worth watching..

Added it to my watchlist.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Great show. Brilliant acting from the whole cast

Cheers, I'll give it a go, just finished Mindhunter and want something new to watch untill Stranger Things starts. 

On 16/10/2017 at 21:07, ...a bit disco said:

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Cool soundtrack as well.

I'm watching it now, on eps4, highly enjoyable, very well written, quite unique and really good acting. Bills my fav character, although the guy that played Ed Kemper was top notch. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Has anyone watched Bloodline on Netflix?

I enjoyed the first season and got bored before I reached half way on the second.

William H. Bonney
31 minutes ago, systemx said:

Coronation St.ITV , bit of a slow burner but getting into it now

Season 179 episode 675 is a belter. 

On 21/10/2017 at 09:37, systemx said:

Coronation St.ITV , bit of a slow burner but getting into it now

Seen a couple of episodes, crap, don't think it will last.

Just started watching Suburra on Netflix.If you like Gomorrah you will like this.

It was dubbed on my Netflix but I changed audio to Italian and put subtitles on.Muxh more authentic and better.

Just  finished " Ozark". I felt it was not bad,,,7/10.  Not outstanding but worth watching.

On episode 9 of " Mind hunter"..Its in  a similar vein to "Silence of the lambs" I feel .  Its been good but a slow burner.  The acting is top notch and its very interesting the psychological  profiling of the serial killers,   I thought the creepiest episode was the " tickling teacher " one. It was truly odd and raised lots of questions.    

I think season 2 will probably focus more on them trying to catch a serial killer?  

On 10/23/2017 at 08:42, vegas-voss said:

Just started watching Suburra on Netflix.If you like Gomorrah you will like this.

It was dubbed on my Netflix but I changed audio to Italian and put subtitles on.Muxh more authentic and better.

Started watching Suburra on your recommendation and have to say it is a cracking bit of tv,  watched 4 episodes and loving it, i changed the audio and subs and like you said it is better, I agree with the Gomorrah likeness.

Finished watching Mindhunters and loved it, cant wait for season two.

I have watched Bloodline before and found it a bit meh at first but  i stuck with it and ended up watching it all . I thought it was good but not great , it was  a good filler for inbetween  waiting on other things to start.

24 minutes ago, EH17 said:

Started watching Suburra on your recommendation and have to say it is a cracking bit of tv,  watched 4 episodes and loving it, i changed the audio and subs and like you said it is better, I agree with the Gomorrah likeness.

Finished watching Mindhunters and loved it, cant wait for season two.

I have watched Bloodline before and found it a bit meh at first but  i stuck with it and ended up watching it all . I thought it was good but not great , it was  a good filler for inbetween  waiting on other things to start.

It's like Gomorrah with a bit less violence and more political stuff.Im really liking it.Watched 6 episodes now.

I binge watched The End Of The ****ing World on All4 last night. Road trip type of a thing about 2 17 year olds on the run. He thinks he is a psychopath and she is foul mouthed and antisocial. 

Very dark humour and a bit violent. I think it's on Ch4 as a regular series but you can watch the whole thing online. 8 episodes of around 20 minutes each. 

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished Paranoid on Netflix. Crime drama over 8 episodes and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. 

Looking forward to Stranger Things 2

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've never heard of most of the shows people are referring to on here. 

That's what the thread is for to recommend stuff that others might not have seen.

Seymour M Hersh
59 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

That's what the thread is for to recommend stuff that others might not have seen.

He he, of course but they're on platforms I don't have (I have Virgin). 

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He he, of course but they're on platforms I don't have (I have Virgin). 

Most are usually Netflix or Amazon or that haven't even aired in the UK yet.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series