Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Most are usually Netflix or Amazon or that haven't even aired in the UK yet.

That's the trouble VV I pay enough for my Virgin without adding Netflix & Amazon to the equation. I don't think my TV is modern enough for the Amazon thing anyway as it does not have a USB port.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's the trouble VV I pay enough for my Virgin without adding Netflix & Amazon to the equation. I don't think my TV is modern enough for the Amazon thing anyway as it does not have a USB port.

Join the dark side

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Amazon Firestick goes straight into an HDMI port on the telly. I was going to get rid of Netflix but then thought about how much it actually costs in real terms. A pint and a half a month gives access to it. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The Amazon Firestick goes straight into an HDMI port on the telly. I was going to get rid of Netflix but then thought about how much it actually costs in real terms. A pint and a half a month gives access to it. 

You, join the dark side tae

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You, join the dark side tae

I work in the arts. If people don't pay for things there is no money to make other things. Whether that be films, music, or whatever. You're a musician aren't you? 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I am such a technophobe. What does that port look like? I also have the telly on a wall bracket which makes access to certain ports virtually impossible. Is Netflix only about £6 per month?

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I work in the arts. If people don't pay for things there is no money to make other things. Whether that be films, music, or whatever. You're a musician aren't you? 

Indeed, although I've never mastered getting paid for it!

I get you, but the fact is that the majority of people will use legitimate means anyway, not to mention the share of money that's going to artists compared to companies - that's a bigger problem than my wife watching project runway which she can't get here, or me having a hooky tv sub through an iptv provider.

You could stick to your guns morally and I suppose you'd be right really, but I feel no guilt watching sky sports or Netflix productions for free, in fact I love that Murdoch in particular gets nothing out of the Smithee household.

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I am such a technophobe. What does that port look like? I also have the telly on a wall bracket which makes access to certain ports virtually impossible. Is Netflix only about £6 per month?

That's the one for plugging anything into your tv, cable box, etc. Similar size to a USB slot but it's not rectangular

0019367_usb-30-to-hdmi-video-adapter.jpe

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hdmi port is all you need.But I get what you mean it's an expensive thing is the old bit tv

50 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I don't get why you wouldn't have Netflix these days if you like your box sets. It's outstanding value.

Totally and they have just paid $105m to produce the Irishman movie starring De Niro,Pacino,Pesci and Keitel and is directed by Scorsese

Seymour M Hersh
On 27/10/2017 at 17:33, Smithee said:

That's the one for plugging anything into your tv, cable box, etc. Similar size to a USB slot but it's not rectangular

0019367_usb-30-to-hdmi-video-adapter.jpe

Thanks for that. Mine are definitely at the back and impossible to access due to it being on the wall. 

rudi must stay

Started watching American Gods. Brilliant, such a creative show with the main actor and the always good Ian McShane strolling it. Recommend it

Disser Pointon
On 10/29/2017 at 11:47, rudi must stay said:

Started watching American Gods. Brilliant, such a creative show with the main actor and the always good Ian McShane strolling it. Recommend it

Wanted to like this but couldn't get into it at all.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Wanted to like this but couldn't get into it at all.

Definatly has some weak episodes unfortunately. 

On 29/10/2017 at 11:09, Seymour M Hersh said:

Thanks for that. Mine are definitely at the back and impossible to access due to it being on the wall. 

You can get right angle adapters that might help. Means when it comes out wall the port the turns at a right angle so you can put a cable / firestick etc in.

On 29/10/2017 at 11:09, Seymour M Hersh said:

Will still not be impossible.

The TV had to get screwed to the bracket or the bracket screwed to the wall. Access WILL be possible.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:31, Smithee said:

Indeed, although I've never mastered getting paid for it!

I get you, but the fact is that the majority of people will use legitimate means anyway, not to mention the share of money that's going to artists compared to companies - that's a bigger problem than my wife watching project runway which she can't get here, or me having a hooky tv sub through an iptv provider.

You could stick to your guns morally and I suppose you'd be right really, but I feel no guilt watching sky sports or Netflix productions for free, in fact I love that Murdoch in particular gets nothing out of the Smithee household.

Same as me !

Rudolf's Mate

Absolutely loved Mindhunter and agree with the other poster that said it had a Silence of the Lambs feel about it. 

Just finished Stranger Things S2 and I actually struggled with the first couple of episodes however it ramped right up and was brilliant. 

Went to to watch latest season of Ray Donovan and the recap at the beginning I realised that I’ve not watched all of the last season :facepalm:

On 10/29/2017 at 11:47, rudi must stay said:

I've just finished the book and gonna watch the TV show now. Really looking forward to it

On 11/4/2017 at 14:42, Jeff said:

Onto episode 5 of Mindhunter. pretty good stuff

Just finished this. Would recommend 

Carl Fredrickson

The Sinner on Netflix. Really enjoyable tale of a woman who kills a guy on a packed beach and the investigation and revelations that follow. Rather decent show that hooked me from early doors

Say What Again
9 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Sinner on Netflix. Really enjoyable tale of a woman who kills a guy on a packed beach and the investigation and revelations that follow. Rather decent show that hooked me from early doors

That the thing starring Jessica Biel? I read about that yesterday and fancy watching it over the weekend. 

The Punisher is available on Netflix from next Friday, if it's anything like his part in Daredevil it's going to be dark, very dark, and violent as hell. 

I can't wait.

Rudolf's Mate

Ray Donovan season 4 has been really good. 

IF YOU'VE NOT WATCHED SEASON 4 DON’T WATCH THE CLIP ?

Brilliant ? What a feckin tune as well ??

On 12/11/2017 at 12:59, Rudolf's Mate said:

Ray Donovan season 4 has been really good. 

IF YOU'VE NOT WATCHED SEASON 4 DON’T WATCH THE CLIP ?

Brilliant ? What a feckin tune as well ??

I got half way through season 5 and its been pretty poor compared to previous seasons. Very slow going.

i will finish it but no motivation to at the moment.

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

I got half way through season 5 and its been pretty poor compared to previous seasons. Very slow going.

i will finish it but no motivation to at the moment.

I found that with first episode but thought it was brilliant by 4th upwards. I’m about 9 in though have to agree that it’s not been as good as previous. 

rudi must stay

Sticky starts on Monday on BBC Three. Adult animated comedy amazingly starring Tom Hardy and the very funny Kaylor Nowak not sure of his name precisely (but hes the guy in four lions and Cuban Fury) could be good. Tom Hardy is picking some great stuff at the moment

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Sticky starts on Monday on BBC Three. Adult animated comedy amazingly starring Tom Hardy and the very funny Kaylor Nowak not sure of his name precisely (but hes the guy in four lions and Cuban Fury) could be good. Tom Hardy is picking some great stuff at the moment

Animation and Nowak together sounds epic. His voices are incredible

Netflix are good for mini-series. I watched Rebellion about the 1916 Easter Rising and it was enjoyable, also looking forward to 6 Days I think its called, about the Iranian Embassy Siege with the SAS.

Carl Fredrickson
30 minutes ago, JamboGoggz said:

Netflix are good for mini-series. I watched Rebellion about the 1916 Easter Rising and it was enjoyable, also looking forward to 6 Days I think its called, about the Iranian Embassy Siege with the SAS.

I watched 6 Days and quite enjoyed it. Mind a movie i was watching as a kid being interupted for the newsflash. 

Disser Pointon
17 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

New series of Peaky Blinders last night, that'll be my viewing this evening.

And very good it was, promising start.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series